• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBA Playoffs Spam Discussion

Win or lose what LeBron has done in these playoffs is absolutely remarkable. He is without two all star teammates and still carrying the team to within 3 wins of a title. If Irving and Love were both playing and relatively healthy, the Cavs may have swept the Warriors.

Iman Shumpert and JR Smith still need to step up for Cleveland. Shumpert tweaked his ankle in game 2 so that likely led to his poor play, but he needs to defend better and start making more of his open looks. JR Smith played like he was back in a Knicks uniform last night. Awful at both ends of the court.

Tristan Thompson continues to be a beast on the boards, Dellavadova makes every hustle play and has been great defensively, and Mozgov has been Cleveland's second best offensive player this series (not counting Kyrie who was great in game one before his injury).
Totally agree that Lebron has been superb this playoffs. But part of me think it was a blessing in disguise that the injuries happen and the Cavs are playing their better defensive players more minutes. Irving is still a liability on defence even though he played good D in game 1. Love would not be able to defend the pick and roll as well as Tristan Thompson. Their offence has gone to shit but their defence has been elevated to elite level and they are slowing the game down to just have enough offence to win.

David Blatt has gotten a ton of shit all season long, but I think he deserves a lot of credit for putting his role players in situations where they can contribute to their utmost abilities. Not to mention his defensive gameplans have been very good thus far not just in this series, but in these playoffs period. That guy is a damn good coach.

Really? The voters are such empty voids of humanity that despite their basketball knowledge that they spend their lives making a living on, they vote on their favorite.
Oh, absolutely. If you don't think personal preferences play a huge part in things like this, you're just being naive. Just look at the baseball Hall of Fame, where no one ever gets voted in unanimously because some writers/voters won't vote for anyone on their first ballot.

Is the average age of the voters eight?
Sometimes the maturity level doesn't quite reach that level.

I mean, one of them voted Carmelo over Lebron to keep Lebron from being the first unanimous MVP. You decide.

One. And was that a shot against Lebron or shot against ever having a unanimous MVP?

Oh, absolutely. If you don't think personal preferences play a huge part in things like this, you're just being naive.

Play a part? Somewhat. But a huge part? Nope. And I certainly couldn't prove it or would i make it part of my argument for Lebron winning the '14-'15 regular season MVP award.

The media may be overly critical of Lebron at times but they love him in general. The praise he is receiving for his late season and playoff play is near unanimous. And when did Steph Curry become such a media darling that the writers are going to vote for him out of bias or favoritism.

Just look at the baseball Hall of Fame, where no one ever gets voted in unanimously because some writers/voters won't vote for anyone on their first ballot.

I concede the point that voters/writers can lack objectivity, but in this case I don't see any strong case for unfairness or incompetence in the selection.

One question, if despite Lebron playing and putting up the same numbers for the rest of the series like he has in games one and two, thr Warriors win the series. Who is your choice for Finals MVP?

One question, if despite Lebron playing and putting up the same numbers for the rest of the series like he has in games one and two, thr Warriors win the series. Who is your choice for Finals MVP?
It depends on many things. For example, how long is the series? Does anyone else play outstanding the rest of the series?

If the series ended tonight, and LeBron put up similar numbers in a losing effort in an OT game...it would be hard to argue against LeBron, even if they do lose.

It depends on many things. For example, how long is the series? Does anyone else play outstanding the rest of the series?

If the series ended tonight, and LeBron put up similar numbers in a losing effort in an OT game...it would be hard to argue against LeBron, even if they do lose.

It wouldn't be a first. That said, it'd have to go to 7 games like the only other occurrence imo.

I would predict, though, that it would never happen theses days for the same reason MVP races are often based on things that shouldn't apply as strongly as they do.

Curry choked again in the most critical of times with all those costly turnovers at the end. Had a great 4th quarter before those stupid mental mistakes. Don't let those final hail mary 3s masked the fact that Curry threw away the comeback opportunity with those unnecessary behind the back pass/dribble. Seems like Curry is going through what Lebron and Durant went through in their first final when great defensive teams put the lock on him.

Game was lost in the 3rd quarter when the Warriors seemed to be overwhelmed by the Cavs defence and didn't run their plays. At least the Warriors now figure to use more David Lee to counter the Cavs defence.

Lebron was great again. Even his 3s coming back. If he is making those shots the Warriors have no chance. But what a game by Delle! Representing Australia!

Oh boy, the Warriors are a mess right now but this series isn't over yet. I thought it was a foul in those final moments when LeBron basically dove towards Curry causing Curry to lose balance then Delly dives for the ball. What the hell was that? That was a soccer move or something. If Curry shot that wide open three that Shumpert basically passed to him, this might've gone to OT. But hey, gotta give credit to the Cavs. They're relentless on the boards and made the hustle plays. If the Warriors can somehow limit LeBron to 20-25 points, I think they'll win. LeBron had to score about 40 in all three games just to keep it close. I'd contemplate starting Iguodala in the next game and maybe Ezeli as well.

Amazing what happens to Golden State when Steph Curry isn't playing like his normal self. They look like a team that should have never made it to the playoffs out of the West. They can't even compete with an Eastern team that is missing two All Stars.

Curry cut down on the showmanship, Andre starting and playing his best playoff game and Cavs role players playing back to their average ability.

Warriors win by a blowout.

Great adjustment by the Warriors to start Andre and bench Bogut. Warriors going small for the whole game to run the Cavs out of the game. lol

Going from the last few games it looks like Golden State made the proper adjustments and most likely will be putting this series away tomorrow night.

Right now it looks like LeBron is going to be the 2nd player to win the finals MVP without winning the title. Realistically the only person who might deserve it on Golden State is Iguodala, in my eyes it was his insertion into the starting 5 that turned this series around. Maybe Curry as well but I don't think he was consistent enough to earn it. Either way LeBron has played so far above everyone else in this series that it would be downright criminal if he didn't win it because no one deserves it more than him this year.

While Iguodala has been the X factor for the Warriors, he's been atrocious from the free throw line. Chances are the MVP will go to Curry of LeBron, but you never know. Hopefully Golden State will get it done in game 6.

200_s.gif

I'm far from a LeBron fan but this series cannot be blamed on him. He did everything he could but one player can't beat a complete team. It's not fair to ask him to do so and any superstar from Chamberlain to Jabar to Jordan would have lost in this situation. James is great, but he's one guy against five. That's not on him.

So this is what it's like when a team you follow closely wins a championship.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Congrats to Golden State, they earned this title but something has to be said about LeBron and Cleveland. Just the fact they went as far as they did without Irving and Love is nothing short of remarkable.

So this is what it's like when a team you follow closely wins a championship.

I like it. I like it a lot.

I'm a Cowboys fan and my buddy is a Giants fan. I remember when we were kids that he would roll his eyes when I would say how happy I was that the Cowboys had won the Super Bowl. Then about ten years later the Giants finally win one. I get a text:

"I was wrong. It's better than you said it was."

I'm far from a LeBron fan but this series cannot be blamed on him. He did everything he could but one player can't beat a complete team. It's not fair to ask him to do so and any superstar from Chamberlain to Jabar to Jordan would have lost in this situation. James is great, but he's one guy against five. That's not on him.

100% correct, but unfortunately idiots will still criticize him for it. I hate idiots.

Speaking of idiotic...Andre Iguodala for MVP? A guy who averaged roughly 16 points a game in the Finals who guarded a guy who averaged roughly 36 points a game and is almost universally agreed to be the only reason this series wasn't a complete blowout? LeBron scored 32 points tonight and it LOWERED his scoring average for the series. What a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back