NBA Finals Game 2 LD

Who woulda thought 3 years ago Rondo would become the beast he is now?

I've been on the Rondo bandwagon since 2008. Went to a game with some buddies and a friend of mine go thim to sign his Rondo jersey, he even shot the shit with us for a few minutes, cool dude.

Really all Rondo needed was to be taught the right mentality. Bringing KG (back in 08 when he had something in the tank still) in with his intensity as well as Ray Allen's quiet leadership really brought it out of him. Add that to Rondo needing to be the Alpha Dog last year in the playoffs and you get the player you see now.

Rondo's fifth career triple-double in the postseason? Holy shit that's a pretty crazy stat considering how young he is. God I love this kid, this is HIS motherfucking team now.

Here's the crazy thing, Pierce had 10 points, KG had 6 points. And they still are going to hand LA it's first home loss of the playoffs.

The reserves did well for Boston tonight as well. Rasheed played well as did Glen Davis for the most part. Nate Robinson came in and energized the team in the 4th, Tony Allen did well. Overall it was a team effort that made up for Pierce and KG's shit performances. That and Allen getting 32 with 8 3 pointers, and Rondo's Triple double.

I feel sorry for the raping the Celtics are going to receive from Kobe the rest of the series.

I would have to disagree with this. LeBron didn't "rape" the Celtics when pushed. Neither did Howard. The Celtics have the team to keep Kobe in check. Not stop him, but certainly control him.

Plus, his foul trouble was not an accident, it's called tough team defence. You say the Lakers would have been 2-0 if he wasn't in foul trouble. The fact is he was in foul trouble because of the Celtics. Hopefully they'll put him there again in Boston.

I do. If Kobe doesn't get into foul trouble the Lakers would be up 2-0

That's really just conjecture though, you have no idea if that's what actually would have happened. Either way the series is tied and Boston's got the next two games at home, so things are looking good right now for us. If we can keep up the great defense and get better performances out of KG and Pierce, we have a good chance to take both of those home games and take the 3-1 lead in the series.

Great game tonight, much better than the first (and not just because my team won this time!)

Great game. This series has to go at least 6 games. I think it'll be seven, because things are going to be tight from now on. Although, I have to believe LA is going to slow down Allen some how. There's no way that can let him go off like that again.

Great game.

Very impressed by Boston. Even with Pierce and Garnett both playing like a couple of worthless pieces of shit they still managed to hang on and take the win. I definitely see them winning at least 2 of the 3 games at home now.

And I didn't like all the Big Baby hatin' I saw in this thread. :suspic: Boston wouldn't have won tonight without him.......

I would have to disagree with this. LeBron didn't "rape" the Celtics when pushed. Neither did Howard. The Celtics have the team to keep Kobe in check. Not stop him, but certainly control him.

Plus, his foul trouble was not an accident, it's called tough team defence. You say the Lakers would have been 2-0 if he wasn't in foul trouble. The fact is he was in foul trouble because of the Celtics. Hopefully they'll put him there again in Boston.

Ray Allen's acting job also helped with the foul trouble. When Kobe has been on the floor the Celtics have struggled to stop him

My high disdain for the Celtics do lead to a lot of my comments on this series but one thing I would say even if I liked the Celtics was that Big Baby is not that good. He plays hard but he also plays like a shooting guard. The guy is 6'8 and probably close to 300 pounds. He needs to stop taking jumpers and he gets backed down to easily in the post.

Ray Allen's acting job also helped with the foul trouble. When Kobe has been on the floor the Celtics have struggled to stop him

But this "acting job" is typical of the modern day NBA. Everyone does it, not just Allen. Plus, with possibly one exception, I wouldn't consider Allen acting.

Plus, if they can continue to play strong on both sides of the court, they can keep Kobe in foul trouble and off the floor, or less dominant when on it. Then they won't have to worry as much about stopping him.

My high disdain for the Celtics do lead to a lot of my comments on this series but one thing I would say even if I liked the Celtics was that Big Baby is not that good. He plays hard but he also plays like a shooting guard. The guy is 6'8 and probably close to 300 pounds. He needs to stop taking jumpers and he gets backed down to easily in the post.

[YOUTUBE]Y3smxdUWquM[/YOUTUBE]

Also, his offensive game is 10x better than Ben Wallace, while still giving as much hustle and determination on the floor as Wallace ever gave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back