• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NBA 2K13

If, theoretically, I purchased this game, would you various 2K-maniacs be willing to answer my questions on how to play basketball? Or, how to be good at basketball, I guess.

I was very bad at 2K12. I had a create a player, consistently got drafted on the fringes of the lottery, and had very little playing time because my numbers sucked.

I'd be happy to try and answer them even if you don't purchase the game. :)

I just posted 41 points, 11 rebounds and 16 assists for my first triple-double. I also did it in a key game, meaning over 400 VC. Not a bad night. The only drawback was I also had 6 TO, which is a little high. Still, pretty damn good game.

EDIT: Oh, and I was 11-19 from behind the 3pt arc. That'll raise the average.

EDIT 2: I was responsible for 73 of our 118 points. Not bad.

Shit, just pulled a pretty decent game myself. 43 points and 11 assists. Couldn't quite manage a trip-dub, though. I'm satisfied, especially since it was my first start.

Nicely done, Sly. Still in your first season?

Yup...roughly 45 games in. I haven't played 45, did some "next key game" sim, but I've played probably 10 or so. Just lost to the Thunder (I hit 4 three pointers late in the 4th to make it a close game, but I just didn't have the stamina to hit anymore).

So I'm playing in the Rising Stars game on All-Star weekend. My stats:

32 Points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block...10 3pt shots made.

Let's see how I perform in the second quarter.

Yup...roughly 45 games in. I haven't played 45, did some "next key game" sim, but I've played probably 10 or so. Just lost to the Thunder (I hit 4 three pointers late in the 4th to make it a close game, but I just didn't have the stamina to hit anymore).

Ahh, I see. Yeah, I know how it is. My team was within two of the Clippers (due to a twenty point explosion in the fourth on my part) and we lost. Nobody else could hit a shot.

EDIT: What is your three point rating!?

So I'm playing in the Rising Stars game on All-Star weekend. My stats:

32 Points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block...10 3pt shots made.

Let's see how I perform in the second quarter.

Final game stats:

80 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists (fuckers would never shoot the layup when I run a perfect pick and roll), and 1 block.

Was 24-44 from the 3pt line.
EDIT: What is your three point rating!?

3pt - 85, Overall - 69

And I have the Gatorade Signature Skill.

After scoring 30-40pts, 9-12 rebounds & 4-7 assists a game, I got put back on the bench and replaced with Kris Humpries. FML.

I played the shit out of Association mode last night. Probably the first time in about two years that I played a video game for hours like that.

After only 3 hours of play, NBA 2K13 has my vote for greatest sports game in video game history (barring only Little League Baseball, but that's more of a personal preference).

Am I starting to sense agreement on this statement?

You guys have encouraged me to get this game.

I think I'll rent it on Redbox and see how I like it, then buy it. I loved 2K12, so I'm sure this one should be great too.

So I had a sit-down with my Cavaliers GM a couple of games ago and explained to him just how sucky our post play was. I explained how we couldn't defend down low, gave up too many offensive rebounds, and had trouble making even the simplest putbacks. He asked me what we could do about it, and I said we need to get some help down low. The GM asked who I had in mind and asked me to come up with 5 guys we might be able to go after. I told my GM to try and make a deal for Andrew Bynum, Joakim Noah, Dwight Howard, Anthony Davis or Serge Ibaka.

Just now, my GM came through. We have acquired Andrew Bynum and a 2015 1st Rd pick (I'm currently in year 2) for Kyrie Irving and Anderson Varejao. Which works out great, because I'm a PG, and Irving's departure opens up more time for me, in addition to getting the second best center in the game.

This game is amazing.

I got traded to the Jazz 20 games into my first season (requested to be traded), then asked the GM to make a couple of moves. We picked up Eric Gordon and Kawhi Leonard, so our future looks pretty bright.

I got traded to the Jazz 20 games into my first season (requested to be traded), then asked the GM to make a couple of moves. We picked up Eric Gordon and Kawhi Leonard, so our future looks pretty bright.

I have REALLY wanted to ask for a trade, but I decided I'm going to play out my first contract, and then go into free agency. It's the right thing to do. Asking for a trade 20 games in your rookie year takes some serious balls.

I have REALLY wanted to ask for a trade, but I decided I'm going to play out my first contract, and then go into free agency. It's the right thing to do. Asking for a trade 20 games in your rookie year takes some serious balls.

If you're averaging 20/10 and barely getting more time than the other rookie point guard (Damian Lillard only played one or two minutes less, despite being a disaster and losing some games for us), it's time to part ways. Plus, I didn't go in guns blazing and demand a trade, I just asked for a possible move since I wasn't happy.

My first game back in Portland was the last game I played. There's ten games until the playoffs and this was a pivotal game in the playoff race. I dropped 50 points, 10 rebounds, 21 assists, 2 blocks, and 4 steals. We're safely now looking at (probably) the 4 seed, which is pretty awesome, since we were 4-17 when I showed up (we're 40-27 now... I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back