NBA 2K13

This game is going to cut seriously into my other gaming endeavors.

We have currently:

Borderlands II
DOTA 2
Torchlight II (Do you see a common thread here?)
F.T.L.
Deus Ex Human Revolution (again)
NBA2k13

Not to mention the ridiculously OCD kid in me needing to play Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and wrap that game up. I simply do not have the time god damn.

Jesus, Ty. 2K's basically taking up all my free time, I'm fucking hooked.

Deus Ex is going to get dropped for the time being. I'll come back to it (again) later on.

Torchlight II and Borderlands 2 have me hooked because I'm like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to games based around loot drops (thus why Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 have eaten an extremely large amount of time in my life). I'm going to focus on Borderlands 2 more then Torchlight.

That all said, the first thing I do when I get home is set some scans up for some work I'm doing and play NBA2k13 all fucking night.

I've got a few homies coming over tomorrow night, getting some pizza, wings, and soda and having an all night 2K session. So stoked.

I've got Fall Break next week and I've got a few midterms to study for, but I can't see too much studying happening. Fuck it, I wanna play 2K! Haha.

Borderlands II
DOTA 2
Torchlight II (Do you see a common thread here?)
F.T.L.
Deus Ex Human Revolution (again)
NBA2k13

I cannot get into DOTA 2, no matter how hard I try. I think it's that I've spent a lot of time and money getting decent at League of Legends, and I don't see the need to do it all over again for a game that I don't enjoy nearly enough. I don't like the art style; everything's too similar and the minion color schemes bother me. I also don't like that they give you access to all the characters. Having to come back and unlike new guys is half the replay value of LoL. Shifting to a game where I suddenly have all the guys unlocked makes them all worthless in my opinion. As it stands, I have about half the 100+ characters in League at the moment. And that took me a hell of a long time, some IP boosts and a decent amount of cash.

What did you put up in the showcase? I had 21 points and 12 dimes, still went 12th.

I don't remember, honestly. But I nailed my pre-draft interview with the Cavs GM. Fucking nailed it. In fact, I did great in all of my interviews. My "emotion" rating is a perfect 99, which I can only assume came from my interviews.
Jesus, Ty. 2K's basically taking up all my free time, I'm fucking hooked.

I told you it was like having sex with three beautiful women all at the same time with all three of your penises.

I don't remember, honestly. But I nailed my pre-draft interview with the Cavs GM. Fucking nailed it. In fact, I did great in all of my interviews. My "emotion" rating is a perfect 99, which I can only assume came from my interviews.

I did great in my interviews too. Basically got a promise from every team that they'd take me. What's your overall rating, at this point?

I told you it was like having sex with three beautiful women all at the same time with all three of your penises.

You know, that might actually be an understatement.

Stayed up until 2 this morning. I got drafted 22nd to the Celtics (the speed of my character let me down defense wise) and after losing 6 straight, I asked for a trade to the Nets. Of course, I tried to get coach Rivers fired. Ended up in Philly.

I'm not really sold on Virtual Currency. It's cow to get enough for any of the accesories, I WANT MY ADIDAS ARM BAND!! Also, it's annoying when I have to exit myCareer to edit what my player wears ,e.g. headbands, wrist bands etc., etc..

Apart from those few things, it is briliant.

Note: If you want 3P's, choose Ray Allens release. 3/4 it will go in.

I did great in my interviews too. Basically got a promise from every team that they'd take me. What's your overall rating, at this point?
Not sure. Only got to play a little yesterday because of work. I'd GUESS between 68-70 (not sure how overall rating tallies on this game yet).

You know, that might actually be an understatement.
I told you that also.
Now will Megan Fox come with the game, or do I need to spend $15 on DLC to get her?

Save your money, you won't have time to spend on Megan Fox once you get the game.

Not sure. Only got to play a little yesterday because of work. I'd GUESS between 68-70 (not sure how overall rating tallies on this game yet).

I'm sitting at a 72. Only three games into the season, so I'm pretty happy with that. Offensive and defensive awareness ratings have a huge impact on your overall rating, so I tackled improving those first.

I'm sitting at a 72. Only three games into the season, so I'm pretty happy with that. Offensive and defensive awareness ratings have a huge impact on your overall rating, so I tackled improving those first.

I don't worry about overall rating. When you play the games, if you play well, you'll get more playing time. So I worry about the attributes that help me build good stats (I'm already a great shooter, so rebounding/vertical, passing and stealing are good builders).

I'm not a huge basketball fan, and I hate the NBA, but you guys are really selling me on this game. Maybe when I have more money around Thanksgiving I'll pick it up

I'm not a huge basketball fan, and I hate the NBA, but you guys are really selling me on this game. Maybe when I have more money around Thanksgiving I'll pick it up

I honestly don't know if a non-basketball fan would appreciate it as much, but those who do enjoy basketball can really appreciate the realism of the gameplay. Plus, creating your own shoe will be cool, playing as the Dream Team is top notch, etc.

I honestly don't know if a non-basketball fan would appreciate it as much, but those who do enjoy basketball can really appreciate the realism of the gameplay. Plus, creating your own shoe will be cool, playing as the Dream Team is top notch, etc.

I don't hate basketball, I mean, I watch March Madness and everything, but the NBA drives me crazy. Maybe I'll download the demo if it's on PSN.

I don't worry about overall rating. When you play the games, if you play well, you'll get more playing time. So I worry about the attributes that help me build good stats (I'm already a great shooter, so rebounding/vertical, passing and stealing are good builders).

I'm working on my shooting right now. I went with an athletic guard, so I don't need to worry about rebounding, vertical, and that stuff. I'm looking to solidify my on-ball defense too.

As long as you play well, overall rating is irrelevant. You have a point there. Still, I got to a 99 in 2K12 and there's a real satisfaction to it. Not to mention, you can just about do whatever you please on the court.

If, theoretically, I purchased this game, would you various 2K-maniacs be willing to answer my questions on how to play basketball? Or, how to be good at basketball, I guess.

I was very bad at 2K12. I had a create a player, consistently got drafted on the fringes of the lottery, and had very little playing time because my numbers sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back