• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Sexual Orientation Was Questioned Today

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
I'm surprised it doesn't come up more often to be honest. A guy who has the word rainbow in his user names across multiple platforms, I figure I would be a prime candidate for such shenanigans.

It makes me wonder though, does sexual orientation really matter? Like I legitimately thought we were past the point of caring about that stuff. Well not past it enough that I made a thread about it, but you get what I mean.

I never even realised that about your name. To me it doesn't matter. To other people it always will unfortunately. Fuck em.

I never even noticed that about your name. It doesn't make no different to me and I'm sure for most people it won't. You will always have a small minority who it does though unfortunately. Fuck em.

Oops. Double post. My bad

I don't even know what the word "rainbow" could suggest in terms of sexual orientation.

Still I would prefer moral values over gender anyday for making an image of a person.

I never connected those dots together. When I see your name I always think of Yoshi and how much I hate Rainbow Road. I have no idea why Yaz and Yoshi create the same picture in my head for me but it does. There is a Yoshi avatar on here but Yoshi and yourself are also cool so either/either.

Whether we're over it depends on the person. We're all individuals and whether or not we're cool with various sexual orientations is not something you're likely to find out from even close friends.

The curve to acceptance is not a sudden jolt but the gradual weathering of a rock by the rain. Eventually, the prejudice will have disintegrated.

Sexual orientation matters. It's a part of the pieces that define who you are. However context matters more and you haven't provided much so it's hard to judge.

Happens to me all the time. My aunt questioned me once because I used to speak like Fallout does on here. Apparently I "talked like a professor".

And my grandparents said "We know honey" when I made a joke about coming out to them a couple of years ago. I'm married to a woman now. But I think many still suspect I might be so far in the closet that I've found Narnia.

Happens to me all the time. My aunt questioned me once because I used to speak like Fallout does on here. Apparently I "talked like a professor".

:lmao:

That's brilliant. Mind you, I am bisexual, so maybe your aunt could be onto something. Need to spread rep though.

@Yaz: I've always assumed the rainbow was to do with Rainbow Dash, since you're a brony. Never connected it with sexual orientation.

And yeah, like gender, race, hair colour, and other arbitrary things, it doesn't matter. What matters is the individual.

I am bisexual

Whatever queer.

@Yaz: I've always assumed the rainbow was to do with Rainbow Dash, since you're a brony. Never connected it with sexual orientation.

The rainbow was for Rainbow Dash, but to be completely honest I don't really follow MLP like I used to. The show took a downturn for me when they made Twilight an alicorn, and pretty much said she was more important than the other characters. The community also really wears on you. I've always said the worst thing about being a brony was other bronies.

Whatever queer.

The rainbow was for Rainbow Dash, but to be completely honest I don't really follow MLP like I used to. The show took a downturn for me when they made Twilight an alicorn, and pretty much said she was more important than the other characters. The community also really wears on you. I've always said the worst thing about being a brony was other bronies.

The worst thing about being a brony is your existence.

<3 u Yaz

The person who questioned you is probably curious. I'm curious as well, curious as to what tone they took when they questioned your sexual orientation. If it was just a polite attempt to get to know you better, fine. If it was an attempt to out you so they could apply whatever negative bullshit they've been taught to believe, then fuck that idiot.

My best friend officially came out a few years ago when he introduced his male fiancé to the world. It was crazy for me because he was the first person who would question someone's sexual orientation just so that he could act disgusted and figure that there was something wrong with the person.

I never made the connection with your name as possibly being a sign as to your sexual orientation. I always assumed it was for a character of some kind. Having read the other posts, I see that's the case.

I've never even understood what a rainbow has to do with the gay community in the first place. I guess everyone in the gay community likes bright colors of many different shades? Never made sense to me.

I never made the connection with your name as possibly being a sign as to your sexual orientation. I always assumed it was for a character of some kind. Having read the other posts, I see that's the case.

I've never even understood what a rainbow has to do with the gay community in the first place. I guess everyone in the gay community likes bright colors of many different shades? Never made sense to me.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but here you have it:

The rainbow flag, commonly the gay pride flag and LGBT pride flag, is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) pride and LGBT social movements. (Other uses of rainbow flags include a symbol of peace.) The colors reflect the diversity of the LGBT community, and the flag is often used as a symbol of gay pride when it comes to LGBTQ+ rights marches. It originated in Northern California, but is now used worldwide.

I never gave any thought to your username associating with your orientation.

A buddy and I were questioned if we were gay back in our freshman year of high school. I guess we "hung around each other" too much or something along those lines.

When the reality was were just both losers that didn't have very many friends.

I thought you were straight? Am I wrong?

My girlfriend tells me I'm gay, so she may be onto something.

For the record this all started over an infraction I gave out in the thread about Paige potentially being fired for dating Del Rio, and my sexuality was called into question because the post was was nothing more than a guy saying he wanted to spank Paige.

Stop offering strangers sexual favors & less people would question what team you play for. It also may help if you take down your 2011 Double Dutch Rudder Championship trophy. Clearly you are sending some mixed signals, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back