• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Dislike For Undertaker vs HHH/HBK

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not a fan of this match-up. I'm not sure if people here have picked up on it, but I don't like it. I kinda went on a mental trip about why I didn't like it today as I had dinner.

When I think of a main match like the one Triple H will have with Undertaker, I assume that they are gonna face each other because they've had a number of issues that will come ahead at a PPV. Normally, Wrestlemania intensifies this for bigger pay-off. That's why I always say their match at WM17 is their best. Their feud was bitter, intense and brutal. It's what I watch wrestling for.

But since Shawn Michaels decided to retire and it was done via his rematch with The Undertaker, it seems like WWE just wants to milk that money. Those two had a terrific match that saved WM25 from being as bad as WM9 and 11 and it seems WWE is still trying to squeeze money out of it. Every year around Wrestlemania, out comes Shawn or Triple H, out comes Undertaker and we get 2 months of them talking how major they are and the other is also major. For two years straight they've been talking about this "end of an era" crap just to solidify how fickle this all is in reality.

The first take on Triple H and Undertaker had Triple H destroy Takers bike, choke him out with a chair and such while Taker had Stephanie kidnapped by Kane, hoisted up in a military press at the top of a stairwell just to get the match accepted. In contrast, their previous match was about Triple H wanting to do what Shawn Michaels wasn't able to do. Then it degenerated into bragging between the two with HBK acting like a jealous third party. Rinse and repeat and it's the same thing this year inside a cage.

To make it worse, there's hints this shit will on next year with Triple H vs Shawn Michaels.

Made a thread about how this whole thing sucked back in Jan. I believe. Watching them end raw was truly horrific, a three minute promo video was more entertaining than any of their segments the entire build up.

Made a thread about how this whole thing sucked back in Jan. I believe. Watching them end raw was truly horrific, a three minute promo video was more entertaining than any of their segments the entire build up.

Raw was complete shit this week. I hope Smackdown doesn't take the same shitty path and be a complete pile of garbage. I'm kind of not excited for WM now because of it.

As for Taker vs Triple H with HBK involved, fuck every single bit of everything surrounding that. Taker vs Triple H last year was shit. Triple H vs Taker from years back was shit.

The idea of throwing the two of them into a HIAC match at WM is going to be a shit show. Taker can barely walk, barely cut a promo, and is beyond time for him to hang up his boots.

The buildup has been shit. The promos have been shit. Shit.

End of an Era, more like beating a decaying horse. ugh

Raw was complete shit this week. I hope Smackdown doesn't take the same shitty path and be a complete pile of garbage. I'm kind of not excited for WM now because of it.

As for Taker vs Triple H with HBK involved, fuck every single bit of everything surrounding that. Taker vs Triple H last year was shit. Triple H vs Taker from years back was shit.

The idea of throwing the two of them into a HIAC match at WM is going to be a shit show. Taker can barely walk, barely cut a promo, and is beyond time for him to hang up his boots.

The buildup has been shit. The promos have been shit. Shit.

End of an Era, more like beating a decaying horse. ugh

I'm starting to believe you don't enjoy many things.

I'm starting to believe you don't enjoy many things.

The match ups on Raw were all terrible, the only one that could have possibly been good was Punk vs Christian and.... that didn't even happen.

I don't even remember if the Primo vs Big Show match even happened, or why it was booked in the first place. But everything that happened on Raw was terrible this week. I was slightly excited for WM this weekend, but the card is actually shit and completely predictable. The WWE is putting all its cards on the Rock, followed by the Rock vs Cena, and everything else has been pushed aside.

I see HHH motivation as three-fold:

1) Be the guy to end the streak
2) Send UT out to pasture so the fans see him as washed up
3) Do something HBK couldn't do

UT's motivation just seems to either be to make up for the ass whoopin' he received at 27 or let HHH give him a proper burial.

These reasons seem simple enough to buy. There is no grudge or title. There is no reason to bash the other guy ahead of time. They've spent the last 17 years fighting each other. It's nothing personal.

I can see why this hasn't been for everyone and it has had it's weak moments but I've enjoyed it for the most part.

Cena's role and actions (or lack thereof) in the Rock-Cena feud is what has driven me crazy.

I see HHH motivation as three-fold:

1) Be the guy to end the streak
2) Send UT out to pasture so the fans see him as washed up
3) Do something HBK couldn't do

UT's motivation just seems to either be to make up for the ass whoopin' he received at 27 or let HHH give him a proper burial.

These reasons seem simple enough to buy. There is no grudge or title. There is no reason to bash the other guy ahead of time. They've spent the last 17 years fighting each other. It's nothing personal.

I can see why this hasn't been for everyone and it has had it's weak moments but I've enjoyed it for the most part.

Cena's role and actions (or lack thereof) in the Rock-Cena feud is what has driven me crazy.

Cena's lack of action? Really? Cena's said it from the start, the Rock's ass is his on April 1st. He hasn't needed to touch the Rock, because he's showed him up every week since the Rock came back.

Oh we've all seen your dislike for this match Killjoy.

We've just chosen to ignore it.

Meh? The match will happen and then they'll fall off the face of the planet for awhile. It happens. Plus, this should be the conclusion on this three way feud...I hope.

Yeah, I can understand the argument. But really, it doesn't bother me. We've had several entertaining promos, and at Wrestlemania, we'll get an awesome match.

I'm struggling to dislike this angle.

I'll never understand how people think WrestleMania 25 was that bad.

I've a weird theory that they believe it was poor due to the lacklustre Orton vs. Triple H match which was coming into the event on a wave of awesome build. When they think of Mania 25 they remember that match being a let down and Taker vs. Michaels which was a classic.

Most don't even remember Mickey Rourke made an appearance. Hell, most don't remember Ricky Steamboat wrestled on the card!

-WrestleMania 25 was solid, in my opinion. Once upon a time, I was a huge supporter of the Orton/HHH match. I've watched that match probably six or seven times, and I understand what everyone was talking about - totally underwhelming, should have been longer, should have been more violent (and yes, Orton losing was the right move, it made sense within that story). Still had the best build for a WrestleMania main event since Austin/Rock at WM 17. True story.

-This HHH/Taker thing is pissing me off as well. Why? Because it's not HHH/Taker, it's HHH/Taker/HBK. It's too much. They've gone too far, at least for my taste. I'm still looking forward to the match, just not as much as I'm looking forward to the end of the HHH/HBK jerk off sessions they were calling build for this match. It was awful.

I'll never understand how people think WrestleMania 25 was that bad.

Most matches were cut short, it had almost no backstage segments, there was the bad main event and Kid fucking Rock. It was mostly the pacing. It looked like it was on fast forward giving how they went from one match to the next so fast and the only matches to go past 15 minutes were Taker vs Shawn Michaels and Orton vs Triple H.

The MiTB was fine for Mania 25 although I can't remember who won it.

The Kid Rock concert was weird. I mean I like the guy actually, and thought it was a decent live performance, but gosh darnit the length was just...why?

I loved the Jericho vs Legends/Rourke. Loved evry second. Brilliant match, great storytelling which Jericho has mastered. A very underrated match for me. And Steamboat. Motherf*cking Steamboat! Wow!

Hardy-Hardy, MITB, the triple threat, and Steamboat make the non-Michaels/Taker parts of WM25 a solid hit for me.

I completely agree on the Taker/HHH match this year, I personally felt last years was pretty overrated and having another this year is unnecessary. It just seems to me like it is HHH's ego in believing that because HBK fought Taker two years in a row he has to as well. As it stands the match is more about the personal rivalry between him and HBK and really revolves around whther Shawn will screw him or not. Taker has essentially become the tird-wheel in the gimmick match which is supposed to revolve around him in the first place.

They should just have cut to the chase and had HHH/HBK this year if thats the final plan, I'm sure there was plenty of ways in which they could have built this without the need for another Taker match. Meanwhile Taker could have fought somebody up and coming who could actually use the match to further their career.

They should just have cut to the chase and had HHH/HBK this year if thats the final plan, I'm sure there was plenty of ways in which they could have built this without the need for another Taker match. Meanwhile Taker could have fought somebody up and coming who could actually use the match to further their career.

Why? If this is possibly his last match wouldn't he want to wrestle a peer?

Didn't Austin wrestle Rock? Flair and HBK? HBK and Taker? Not exactly 'up and coming' were they?

I really don't see a logic of 'oh he should put over this guy here'. There are plenty of old/part timers who can put over the young stars. Jericho is gonna do that. I fail to see why Taker MUST do that in (possibly) his last match.

The main problem I have with this match is that Undertaker has been given as much importance as Benoit was during the build to WM XX.

Why? If this is possibly his last match wouldn't he want to wrestle a peer?

Didn't Austin wrestle Rock? Flair and HBK? HBK and Taker? Not exactly 'up and coming' were they?

I really don't see a logic of 'oh he should put over this guy here'. There are plenty of old/part timers who can put over the young stars. Jericho is gonna do that. I fail to see why Taker MUST do that in (possibly) his last match.

I'm not saying I think he should lose, far form it I believe the streak should never be broken. I personally think he will probably go up until WM 30 but your right if it was to be his last match he shouold wrestle someone more established. I just think he deserves more than being the third wheel in a match that to me at least seems orientated around HHH/HBK's ego.

If we are talking about more established stars on his level I'd rather have seen Orton or Kane take him on again this year, leaving HHH/HBK to do their own thing.

Yeah... All that talk.

"I wanna face you again."

"But I almost crippled you."

"I still beat you."

"But I left you motionless."

"I still beat you."

"But... Way a minute, what the hell do you wanna beat me a third time for?"

"I didn't get to enjoy it last time. You decided to be a dick and hit me with a chair and then pay the violation fee just because you're that much of an attention ****e. Just like Shawn."

"Someone say my name?"

"Shit."

"Shit."

"End of an era again?"

"Why not? The crowd still cheers it."

"What's it mean?"

"I don't know. I made it up. Hey, this time lets wrestle in the Cell."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"I wanna be ref!"

"Shouldn't you be somewhere shooting deer?"

"It flopped."

"Gee, I wonder why."

"Oh! Oh! Next year, it should totally be me versus Hunter. And the year after, Taker can be the jealous third wheel."

"Who cares? In the end, your all still my bitches."

"Why do we keep doing this if you always win?"

"For the money."

"Oh, right. See ya at 'Mania."

"Fortune, fame, mirror vain, gone insane but the memory remains

Heavy rings on fingers wave
Another star denies the grave
See the nowhere crowd cry the nowhere tears of honour"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics