Mustang Sally

I had been wondering where Mustang Sally has been since I haven't seen her on the forums at all for quite some time. She was always fun to interact with and I will miss her presence on these forums greatly.

RIP

Wow. I mean I'm no regular here by any means, but anytime I'd come around Sally was also there with a rep or a message checking up on me and making sure my life was well.

It always brought a smile to my face seeing a rep from her just checking in on me. She was good people and probably my favorite person on this forum.

Rest easy my friend. Condolences to her spouse and her family.

I just discovered this a week ago. I'm still not entirely sure what to say, or how to react, so excuse me if this goes everywhere.

Sally was someone I've known on here, and corresponded with, since 2009. She's someone I came to consider a very good friend. Immensely intelligent, kind, funny, and knowledgeable. I truly don't feel anyone had a bad thing to say of her. She was someone who randomly came into my life, and made an impact.

In the beginning, we'd talk every other day, regarding everything from wrestling, (Drew McIntyre was how we found a common interest) to current events, hobbies, even personal lives. I came to know about her Spouse, and her Family. She came to know about my Wife, and children. We talked all the time, like best friends. I'd randomly come to log on, just to see she's asking how I am. How my life is, and what I've been up to.

I know of a lot she's overcome, and most of all she's accomplished, which I can proudly say is more than most will ever achieve. It isn't fair. This isn't fair.

About a year and a half ago, I started replying less due to personal drama, and lack of time. One of my favorite quotes from her was this..

Sally said:
"I'm the kind of friend that's good for you to have: I make no demands, I ask nothing except to enjoy writing back and forth, as little or as often as you like. No pressure, no worries."

Earlier this year, at the end of January, was the last time she wrote. She was concerned, and happy to hear from me. Hoping we'd begin to write more. I was at a point where I barely logged in once a month, and each time I did - I kept saying "I'll reply next time, when I have more time." Now I can't..

I hate that this has happened, and my heart aches to know I've lost such a wonderful friend from my life. To know now that she was going through so much of her own, and I never knew because I was too wrapped up in my own life. Because Sally is that friend, who always cares for you - and never reveals anything negative in her life, that she may consider would upset you, or make you feel bad for her. I feel like a horrible friend, and it hurts so much to know I can't reply to her now - knowing I'll never get a response.

I hate this so much. I will forever miss you, Sally.

Just logged in for the first time in a while and...damn.

Sally was truly one of a kind, much like everyone's comments about her, there isn't anything negative you could say about Sally. Always willing to discuss things with a smile, never putting negative thoughts into her words, just a calm and collected discussion that she will take everyone's responses into account. I know we were truly blessed to have shared some of the time we got to have with her because she was always a delight on a daily basis. It is sad that she is gone, but glad to know that she isn't suffering any more, which knowing Sally, she would still have a smile on her face no matter what.

Rest in Peace, Sally. Your family, spouse and loved ones have my deepest condolences.

I'm numb... in the last week a friend's wife passed away from cancer - she was 31. Last Thursday, my grandmother's sister passed away very suddenly from either a brain hemorrhage or massive coronary. I live with and look after my gran and she was her last remaining sibling so that has been tough.

A workmate commentated about bad news coming in threes and this gives it credence. Sally was easily my favorite person I had never met and one of the very few people on here who knew my actual name and would always reply in rep or pms addressing me as such. Kind, funny and sincere - her friendship escalated my enjoyment of this site unbelievably and it was a guarantee that I would have a rep wanting me back and one then welcoming back anytime I had a leave of absence. This may be the third of the trifecta of losses but I honestly think this has knocked the stuffing out of me the most.

Goodbye my friend, I will miss our interactions and making you the odd Drew themed signature. If there is a heaven, it has just added one of it's most beautiful (in every way) angels!

I haven't posted in a while, but saw this today and it really made me sad. I started these forums when I was 14 years old. Sally was still working her way up the ranks but really always got everyone's attention as a great poster and genuine human. Despite being a crazy poster in my time she always gave me respect and kind messages of encouragement.

Rest in Peace.

I'm coming in here late, but I haven't posted on these forums since 2014 because I'm basically retired. This is a huge shock for me. While I never knew Mustang Sally personally, I did have the pleasure of being able to interact with her on the forums. She was always knowledgeable and kind. I feel honoured to have been repped by her for some of my posts. I really can't believe that she's gone. I am saddened, because I do feel like this was a great loss for this forum. She was the only active female user that I've known posting on here for so long and I always liked reading her replies/thoughts. This really sucks. Her name won't be forgotten. Rest in Peace.

I've recently been frequenting this board less and less over the few years as I get busier and busier with life. However, despite being gone months at a time, it was always a delight to come back and see Mustang Sally post a topic, or reply to one already made. She was easily the easiest person to get along with. Never got into calling people names, never trolled anyone, and never caused any problems. And the way she opened every post with a question that drew you in to read her thoughts was a lesson a lot people need to learn, not just here but in general. I recently had wondered what happened to her, and wasn't until I reached these forums to talk about Pokemon Go that I found this topic. It saddens me deeply, because it's never good to hear of someone's passing, especially when they're as nice as Sally was.

My condolences go out to her spouse and family.

There have been a total of 3 people on here at any given time that have gone out of their way to say hi to me and she did it the most. Reading all this, it seems like that was just who she was. A genuinely friendly person.

I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now, and I want to cry. Which feels selfish, because I didn't really know her. All I really know is that she was the nicest person I've encountered on here, with no exaggeration. Always well mannered. And that's sort of amazing given most people turn into jerks when given anonymity, even when they mean well. This site is less without her.

Bye Sal.

She was the nicest person on this entire forum. Hands down, no matter who you were or how stupid your posts might have been she always saw the good in you. Most of my rep box is encouraging comments from her.

You could tell from her posts how intelligent and how thoughtful and open minded she was. If there was anyone on this forum I would have loved to sit down and talked to or got to know it would've been her.

I can only imagine what kind of person she was behind the computer.

RIP Mustang Sally

Anyone who still remembers me knows I'm not here often these days. I didn't know what to expect when opening this thread and after taking me time to read through I had a look at my rep box. In there is three greens from Sally with the messages "You & me both, Senor Artist", "Good stuff, Artist" and "Very insightful".

Now I can't help but to feel guilty for being less reciprocal than I could have been, almost like I had a duty to be here. I remember hundreds of people from here and I literally can't think of another person who was as unequivocally lovely and personable.

I'm very saddened to hear this and saddened that I'm so late to the news. Her worth was not as a great poster, that was just another string to her bow. Her worth was being able to say that nobody has a bad thing to say about her. That is an incredibly rare thing to say of anyone and is a testament to the kind of person she wanted to be. A huge loss for us all. I too dream broken dreams.

Oh wow. I just saw this for the first time and feel numb. I've rarely had meaningful interactions with anyone on this forum, but Sally was always so incredibly sweet and kind. I'm sure she was an incredible person. This is heartbreaking.

I just saw this for the first time and I was shocked. I always thought she just left the boards. I'm really sad about this now. Life's really short. I hope their friends/family are doing better now.

May you rest in peace Sally.

QkaAd54.jpg

Wanted to share this with yall. Saw this place while walking downtown Deadwood.

I've been away from here for a good while, mostly because I haven't been into wrestling until recently. However, seeing this when I came back, genuinely mad me sad. Sally was a great poster and an even nicer soul. I literally can't remember ever reading a bad word from her towards anyone. Only the good die young, Oh it's true...it's DAMN true. RIP Mustang Sally!

RIP, Sally. I have been away from WZ for 3 years, but when I was contributing daily, you were a fantastic poster. Its absurdly belated, but you will be missed.

So this is the person everyone considers to be one of the greatest, nicest posters that ever existed...

I respect you bookerman.

So this is the person everyone considers to be one of the greatest, nicest posters that ever existed...

I respect you bookerman.

I just saw one of her posts yesterday and gave it a little rep. Easily the biggest reason why I kept coming back to the forum was because of her just being such a great human being.

Still miss ya Sal, always will. Hope you are liking what you are seeing from up there.

I just saw one of her posts yesterday and gave it a little rep. Easily the biggest reason why I kept coming back to the forum was because of her just being such a great human being.

Still miss ya Sal, always will. Hope you are liking what you are seeing from up there.
Especially seeing Drew Galloway as World Champion would've made her too happy.

Is it possible to change the Forums coding so that anytime anyone types a colon closed parenthesis or clicks on the smile icon the language displays the smile and a message like " Mustang Sally was here".

I think it would be a fitting tribute and keep her memory around for a long time.

Been over a year already since Sally left us all. Still miss her presence immensely.

Is there anyway GSB's suggestion can happen on the forums? Admins, Mods?

Was just cleaning out my messages and saw one with Sally. I still cannot believe how much of an impact she has had on my life even though you could barely call us acquaintances. Is it pathetic to still be feeling this way? I've never really lost anyone so I don't know how this works but I just hope she and her family knew how much of an impact she had on some lives, even over the fucking internet haha. Still think about ya every time I log onto here Sal, hope you are enjoying what you are seeing from up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back