Mr. Belding Coming To Raw?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Dennis Haskins, best known for playing Mr. Belding on Saved By the Bell in the 80s & 90s, posted on Twitter that he'll be coming to Anaheim, CA for this Monday's episode of Raw.

There's a petition on Twitter to get Haskins elected by the WWE as the General Manager of Raw. Haskins is a well known wrestling fan and has appeared on Zack Ryder's show on YouTube. He's also gotten a lot of support from some heavyweight names in the business such as Diamond Dallas Page, The Miz, CM Punk and others.

I'm wondering if this will just be another Guest Host/Star bit or if Haskins' appearance is going to somehow be worked into the WWE Championship situation with Punk, Ziggler & Big Johnny.

Of course, there are going to be references to Saved By the Bell and as long as WWE doesn't do any skits or try to go ape shit with all the SBTB references, Haskin's appearance should come off just fine.

I'd love to see him get involved in some capacity, but it's entirely possible that he'll just be in the crowd for the show; or if something bigger is in the works, he could just be meeting with notables backstage. He might even just be there to meet and greet backstage.

I for one would love to see him become the GM of RAW, if even temporarily... although I have a feeling if it DID happen, it would end up just being an endless string of Saved by the Bell jokes. I also would expect to see his GM office become a perfect recreation of Belding's office from the show. XD

I think its a terrible idea. A one shot performance, fine, great, by all means. I understand he's a wrestling mark, but there are too many other wrestling personalities that could do the job. I still see John LAURINAITIS (why is that hard for people to spell?) remaining GM through WrestleMania and I also FULLY expect Vince McMahon to behind all of the texting bits.

Well anyone would be better then johnny "No Personality" Ace.

I can see it working people say not everyone know him but did every one know johnny ace or mike adamla

As long as he makes a good on screen charcter and connects with the WWE Universe he would be fine for the roll

I'd love to see him get involved in some capacity, but it's entirely possible that he'll just be in the crowd for the show; or if something bigger is in the works, he could just be meeting with notables backstage. He might even just be there to meet and greet backstage.

I for one would love to see him become the GM of RAW, if even temporarily... although I have a feeling if it DID happen, it would end up just being an endless string of Saved by the Bell jokes. I also would expect to see his GM office become a perfect recreation of Belding's office from the show. XD

I'd love to see him too, but you also have to factor in that with the exception of Haskin's cameo in one episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadephia, the casual/younger fans just aren't going to know who he is. Saved by the Bell ended in 1993, and the "Little Jimmy's" are well below 18.

We at the IWC community are different since (I'm taking a guess here) we grew up with Saved by the Bell.

If they bring in Mr Belding as the GM, I want Kelly Kapowski as a Diva, she was HOT! And wasn't AC Slater a wrestler on the show? He did "proper" wrestling though, the kind Kurt Angle won a Gold medal at the '96 Olympics for.

I Know i said that i wasn't going to watch RAW again due to this past moday crapfest, but if mr belding is on raw, i will diffidently be turning it on moday night raw. I Just wish the whole save by the bell cast would do it though.

I'd love to see him too, but you also have to factor in that with the exception of Haskin's cameo in one episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadephia, the casual/younger fans just aren't going to know who he is. Saved by the Bell ended in 1993, and the "Little Jimmy's" are well below 18.

We at the IWC community are different since (I'm taking a guess here) we grew up with Saved by the Bell.

The Saved By The Bell Series ended in 2000 not '93. Even if it was SBTB:The New Class him and Dustin 'Screech' Diamond last the whole franchise together. If he gets the chance to do a segment it's gonna be awesome. As SBTB was an NBC staple for over a decade. Plus they show reruns on TBS still so yes it's possible that "Lil Jimmy's and Lil Jenny's" will hopefully know who he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back