• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most over diva of all time

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Title says it all... Who is the most over diva of all time? Which diva can get the crowd fired up more than any other? Vickie Guerrero does not count!

I think the most over diva of all time is actually a tie. It goes to LayCool as a whole. I might get some heat for this but I have never been so excited to hear divas talk. Most heel divas just seem boring to me but LayCool is everything but boring. I have never seen two divas get booed like they do. I think Piggie, I mean Mickie James helped them a lot with this when they feuded with her.

So who is the most over diva of all time? Remember Vickie does not count.

IIRC, Sable was pretty over at her height of popularity. I can't quite recall though, as I can only recall the size of her ginormous rack as I type this.

I would have to give the nod to either Lita or Trish Stratus. Both were extremely popular with both men and women fans. Both were solid in ring workers and both were very nice on the eyes. Also both of them hit their heights during the "Attitude Era" of wrestling which was when wrestling was at it's own popularity height. So I would say picking either of the two would be a safe bet.

I would have to go with Sable! Yes I know it was a long time ago, but none of these divas now adays compare to the hype Sable had during her run. 2nd would go to Trish Stratus. 3rd to Lita.
sable.jpg

I would say hands down, Trish Stratus, and Lita second. When the that infectious giggle rings through the arena, everyones attention turns to Trish. Her heel and face personas were always both interesting.

I would say since I have started watching the most over diva would be Lita... especially during the whole story line with Matt, Edge, and Kane.

Lita without a doubt. Lita is considered to have been wwes most popular diva of all time until she turned heel even more popular than Trish Stratus. Lita was over with the fans men and woman because they liked theat she was different.

Stacy Keibler. She can't wrestle but as a valet she helped put many wrestlers over. She was the only one that managed to obtain mainstream popularity and achieve a decent career in show business outside of wrestling. Oh and she was hot with legs to die for.

i also say trish and lita... when they both retired the divas division died. sure we had mickie james for awhile but i always felt she was a trish clone. victoria was alright but wwe never pushed her well. so sad both are with tna now. anyways trish and lita will for sure be in the wwe hall of fame one day.

Laycool gets more heat then I can ever remember Lita or Trish getting a face reaction from the crowd. I know Trish and Lita carried the womens divison but this is about who is more over not who is better overall. Laycool has gotten booed way more than Trish and Lita did when they were heels. Trish and Lita got some good face reactions but not as big as the reaction Laycool gets as heels.

To be honest, I've always liked the Diva's Division. I'd have to say Ashley. She was definitely popular, but she really wasn't talented & always seemed to get hurt even when she wasn't in a match.

I'd have to say Alundra Blaze/Medusa for the most over of all time. When I was a kid she was viewed as The Hulk Hogan of the womens division. 2nd would have to be Miss Elizabeth. Fans were literally defensive of her. She made some of The Macho Mans best storyline, including the epic Hogan feud.

Later years I'd say Lita. I think she had a little more electricity to her than Trish did. Currently I'd pick Velvet Sky. I'm pretty sure her ass has won everyone over by now. Does she count as a Diva? Who cares. We just need more excuses to talk about her ass.

SUNNY

She was the first and still the best. Lots of people claim Miss Elizabeth was the first Diva. She wasn't. Elizabeth was simply a popular manager. Sunny, on the other hand, was the first to show skin and embrace the Diva image. She was the first women in the WWF to get over on her own without a man. Once she hit her stride she made people forget about being a Bodydonna.

Hands down. Sunny was the best of all time. Vince even said in an interview that he thought Sunny was the most beautiful woman in the WWE.

Sable was more over than Laycool could ever hope to be. During her run in the Attitude Era she had every man eating out of the palm of her hand, waiting to see what she does and what she's going to wear.

She was never a wrestler and was never meant to be. She was eye candy in its purest form. Sure she had an occasional match and could deliver a decent powerbomb but that wasn't her strong point. Her strong point was she had the quintessential look of that era, big boobs and blond hair, and she knew how to work the crowd using her assets.

You show your age Disturbed when you say Laycool are more over than Sable, Trish and Lita were. Going back and watching those years is different from watching it unfold as it happens. Laycool are no doubt the most over divas now, but they aren't even close to how over Sable, Trish, Lita, even Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler were during their time.

The OP's question is about the most over diva of ALL-TIME not the last 6 minutes! LayCool people? Really? I'd have to go with a woman who not only had a career that spanned a time longer then any current 'Diva' but was CHAMPION longer then they were alive! The Fabulous Moohlah!

Does Steph count? Cuz if she does, she wins hands down.

If not, it's a tough one. Being "over" doesn't have to mean you get massive heat. It means you get a reaction and the crowd invests interest in your character whether it be a face or heel. LayCool maybe the most over in recent times, but Lita got pretty big heat when she was with Edge and she also got big ovations as a face with The Hardyz so she was over in both roles. Trish got some huge(huge for diva standards) pops as WWE's top diva. Then you could go as far back as Sensational Sherri who garnered big heat when she was Queen Sherri with the Macho King. So to say LayCool is the most over of all-time would be false. They have some work to do to get to the level of the ones I listed along with a few others like Sunny and Sable.

Definitely Trish or Lita. When they faced each other, fans actually enjoyed the matches because they were entertaining. Now the women's wrestling sucks because of the Diva Search rejects that they gave a shot. To think LayCool is even close to on par with Trish or Lita you're nuts. How about when Trish cost Chris Jericho his match at Wrestlemania against Christian? How about her retirement match? Huge reactions there.

first of all - anyone mentioning LayCool is either joking, nuts or 9 years old. Layla can't wrestle and McCool has the personality of a used band aid.

As much as I love Trish (by far my favorite Diva ever) and as much as I respect Lita and Sable....the most OVER Diva ever -based solely on being OVER and no in ring ability whatsoever - can be summed up with one word.....

PUPPIES!!!!!

Debra is by far the most over diva WWE has ever had.

top 5
5:beth
4miss elisabith
3: amy hunter aka lita
2: trish stratus
1: alondra blaze aka " medusa" the held wwe womans title for some time and before anyone took it from here she split from wwe and went to wcw and droped the title in the trash . epic win for wcw

sorry guys alondra blaze/ medusa is hand down the most love/hated diva ever!! she was hot she was sexy and she stole the wwe womans title and droped it in the trash can on nitro epic!!! micky james also god i love to nail her

Sinc I started Watching Heel-Lita-during the last part of her career with Edge she got absolute CRAZY heat.
Face-Trish Status-well what can I say She's Trish Stratus.
My Close second and could possibly overtake Trish 1 day Kelly Kelly theres no denying she gets a reaction No matter where the WWE is she's definatly the most popular Diva of this generation.

Of all Time heel or Face-Trish

Trish Stratus, she was everything from a kick ass wrestler to a HLA hot bod.
I also love Mickie James as a Diva and she's also compareable to Trish in overal ability..

Laycool? sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. i can't give a definite answer but i would say its either Sable 1998-199, Chyna 1999-2001, or Debra 1999, simply based on crowd reaction when their music would play. Close seconds would go to Lita, Trish, and Terri Runnels while in PMS.

i agree with the las t guy... when trish had her last match with lita i cried.. it was a sad day in wwe and then lita retired at survivor series that same year but was a terrible way to go... i wish lita would return for a year and fued with laycool...actually trish returning too would be awesome.... trish/lita vs. laycool at wrestlemania would be sweet!

Really.....REALLY?! Oh ye who will say Miss Elizabeth but refuse to mention one of greatest "getting physical" valets of all time: "SENSATIONAL" SHERRI MARTEL have lost your minds. This is the valet/Diva that helped Miss Elizabeth get over with old-school WWF fans (by having Liz defend Macho from a Sherri abuse). This is the valet/Diva that helped make the Macho King one of the most hated heels of his time. This is the valet/Diva that helped make Shawn Michaels the "Sexy Boy". This is the valet/Diva that helped get over one of the most underrated tag-teams (Harlem Heat). Had it not been for her, do you REALLY think that Vickie would be getting as much heat as she does? Doubtful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back