Most Anticipated Game Of 2010

Fable III
I've been waiting for Fable III since it was announced after Fable II released. I've loved the Fable games since the first one and I've already got Fable III preordered and paid for, limited edition at that. Besides SVR and Mass Effect 2, Fable III is the only other must have game this year for me.

DC Universe Online
I'm not much into MMOs but the DCUO caught my eye out of the blue. I did as much looking into it as I possibly could and it just really caught my attention. It helps that I wanted the Marvel Universe Online to come out so bad and was completely disappointed to find out it had been canceled due to Marvel and Microsoft falling out. So I'll go with DCU though I feel like I'm cheating on the MU.

Professor Layton and The Unwound Future
I love puzzle games, absolutely love them. Professor Layton just catchs all of my attention and ensures that I'm going no where without my DS for a long time, add in the fact that there are free downloadable puzzles and I'm happy until the next Professor Layton game comes out.

For me it would be:

Fable 3: I played Fable 2 for weeks on end and still never got tired of the game, it is one of the few games out there that still has a tremendous replay value. If the third incarnation of this franchise is anything like the second then I will be going crazy over the side quests and quests. I hope that they improve upon the amount of clothes available throughout the game and give it a more "choose your own destiny" type of thing where the ultimate conclusion of the game depends on the actions you take and won't simply just bring you to the same outcome regardless of how good or evil you were throughout the game. It has worked in other games before and it would without a doubt make this RPG a top game of the year. On another note I hope that they improve the melee weapon controls so that you can do more than just the same few strikes over and over again, add a few new magic attacks, and debug the ranged weapons as I had some trouble getting them to do what I wanted from time to time. All in all it could be the only game I buy for the rest of the year.

The Force Unleashed 2: The original Force Unleashed was absolutely the best Star Wars game that I had ever played, it found a way to bridge the gap between the 3rd and 4th movies without doing anything too farfetched. The action in the game was superb and while not all the choices you make matter they do in the final level. I can't think of any other game that allowed you to do something so badass as take a Star Destroyer down by simply using the force. From what I've heard the second will be just as amazing, if not more, and they found a way to bring back the protagonist from the last one which intrigues me greatly.

The new Spiderman game: I have never been disappointed by any Spiderman game, yes even the Spiderman game for the third movie, that I have ever played, they are generally some of the best storied and designed games that come out during any given year. With the inclusion of the choose your own destiny function at the end of every level that actually influenced what would happen throughout the story in Web of Shadows I look forward to seeing how it could be improved upon in this new game. From what I have seen it is something about dimensions and could allow you to control different powered Spidermen in different levels. If it is anything like the episode of 90's cartoon that featured the Spidermen from different dimensions then it should be quite amazing.

My most anticipated game of 2010 would probably have to be Dead Rising 2. The first one was brutal, and the second one looks to take that up a notch with new weapon combination's and a larger amount of Zombies on the screen. I can't say whether it's going to be a Game of the Year Candidate, but it's definitely something to look out for this Fall.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fable III, Smackdown vs. Raw 2011, Halo: Reach.

Why? Because they all had amazing prequels, I enjoyed playing them all and it beats anything else that's being released. Espacially another fail Call of Duty game. If I'm being honest they should have stopped making those darned Call of Duty games after the 4th installment. World at War was a terrible mistake, minus the Zombies which can be fun, and Modern Warfare 2; oh god. I'm not even going into that game.

I'm not sure whether this is coming out sometime this year, or next year in 2011; but I'll highly be anticipating DragonBall: Raging Blast 2. Yeah, you might argue that all the DragonBall Z games are all the same, but everytime a new one is released, they blow the predecessor out of the entire ocean. They literally do, just get better and better each time; and I'm an avid fan of DragonBall Z anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back