• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More Hogan/WWE News

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The latest batch of news concerning Hulk Hogan and a possible return to WWE started making the rounds last night. According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there's currently some talk going on between Hulk Hogan and WWE officials. Allegedly, one idea that's at least being talked about involves Hogan teaming up in a match for WrestleMania XXX with John Cena.

I'm not sure I buy into this. It might be true, but the WON hasn't exactly been batting a thousand as of late when it comes to accuracy & legitimacy of these reports/rumors. I find it hard to believe that WWE wouldn't have John Cena involved in something of a higher profile than this. Even though it's Hulk Hogan, the central theme of such a match would be centered around nostalgia and it seems like a waste of a guy that's the current, legitimate face of WWE. In a tag match featuring the two guys who have unquestionably be THE guy in WWE in in the past 30 years, you know they're gonna beat whomever they're against.

If there's any legitimacy to this report and the idea of Cena teaming with Hogan for a match at WrestleMania XXX, then there's probably talk of Cena being out of the WWE Championship scene by WrestleMania XXX. If WWE is going to unify the WWE & World Championships, then I don't see Cena being out of the title picture for a while. If they genuinely do unify them at TLC, then I expect Cena to hold the title until WrestleMania at least.

Cena & Hogan is a great idea. It pays homage to the first WrestleMania. It would be a huge match. And it's not like WWE haven't given Cena a lackluster Mania match before. If Cena teaming Hogan bigger than Cena vs. Big Show/Edge or HHH/Orton, yes it is actually.

I have no problem with this. Mania is a nostalgia show. It isn't representative of what WWE has done in the previous year or what they'll do following Mania.

Last year I remember suggesting Lesnar & Punk vs. HHH & Undertaker which I thought would be a huge match as well. I suggested it because I didn't feel Punk was a worthy contender (I was proven wrong) and I thought it'd add another dimension to The Streak because 'Taker could lose without being pinned. Nobody liked it. I imagine people will shit on the idea of Cena teaming with Hogan as well.

John Cena and Hulk Hogan TAGGING at Wrestlemania 30 not high profile? What planet is the OP on!

I think you are being very short sighted and need to look at the possible backstory to this tag. What is to say that they wont be tagging as a 'Team Vince' to take on a 'Team Triple H'? This is more than high profile and worthy of Mania 30.

Vince, Cena, Hogan, Show vs a Team Triple H would be great!

if hogan and cena team together in the ring its against the real americans. It make sense a match with them. But cena definitely lose the belt at elimination chamber to royal rumble winner.

I'm undecided with regards to this. Yes, it would be pretty cool to see them team but there are better options for Cena and the WWE. I'm not sure if Hogan being in the main-event is all that exciting. I want him involved but just not in such a big role- he shouldn't (and doesn't need to be) the centre of attention.

If Cena isn't champ then there would be Cena/Hogan match; Taker Streak Match; WWE title match and possibly Lesnar spare. That is a pretty strong Wrestlemania.

The other question is who they face. One would imagine Triple H would be involved. Hbk? Orton? There aren't many options for a match involving both Cena and Hogan. May as well just bring back The Rock while we are at it. Cena, Hogan, The Rock vs Orton, HBK and HHH. It is Wrestlemania 30 after all ;)

I don't hate the idea but there isn't any dream matches that I want to see. I think it is a waste of Cena having him against a pair of relative nobody's. I'd much rather they go all out and have a dream match then give Cena The Real Americans. So basically, I don't want Hogan in the main-event and I don't want Cena against mid-carders. Quite the dilemma.

I think there are a complete lack of options for Cena, that's why I see this as such a good one. Ok, so there's Cena vs. Undertaker. That'd be a huge match, but I suspect it'll happen next year. Who else is there for him that isn't a rematch from before. It might've been years since Triple H faced Cena, but I can't see that match getting people overly excited.

WWE can and would promote Cena teaming with Hogan as a huge match. As another option, Cean vs. Hogan. Because I'm convinced Hogan isn't broken down enough where he couldn't have one last massive match. Also, it'd be Cena vs. Hogan and nobody would have to leave their feet anyway.

Personally I hate the idea of Hulk Hogan participating in a high profile match at Wrestlemania 30, for the simple fact that he is too old and too decrepit to do so. I said that throughout his entire TNA hiatus and I maintain the same opinion today. Sure, I'm all about the big nostalgia pop, and that could be epic if done properly, but I have no interest in seeing Hogan either team with Cena or face Cena one on one. And I certainly don't want him anywhere Undertaker and the streak.

I'd like to see him in the corner if a Team Vince group or single competitor. I even wouldn't mind seeing him do a move or two, just for the fan response. But surely they can find something better for Cena to do that simply be a role player in a nostalgia pop. If not, perhaps WWE is in worse shape than I thought. And I don't think it bodes well for the state of WWE if Hogan can leave for years and simply return at will and be fast tracked into a prominent role.

My unrealistic wet dream scenario would be to see Hogan in the corner of a debuting AJ Styles, but we all know that's certainly not happening.

Bring Hogan back by all means, and let him bask in the pop he will receive. But not as the focal point of the biggest show of the year.

I think I posted a few weeks ago that I could see Hogan doing a tag match and not a real one on one. I think if Hogan and Cena worked together it would only be OK if Hogan could pull a Rock/Hogan or a Hogan/HBK match only, if it was one on one I could see Hulkamania vs. Cenation if he can work, but I can't see Hogan doing that otherwise, but if not I think Hogan in a tag team only, or maybe even a battle Royal or something, hell I would even accept like a Hogan coming down for the save and being impromptu with the wyatts or Real americans or 3MB even though its an obvious squash, but I won't know how I would feel in reality about Hogan at 30 until I see it.

It depends on just how much time Hulk Hogan spends in the ring actually working a match. If when they refer to a team effort with John Cena they mean Hogan legitimately competing in a match, then I'm not very interested. If they mean Hogan is in Cena's corner during a high profile match, then yes I am all for it. Hulk will get an enormous nostalgia pop no matter what he does. If he is in John Cena's corner putting him over as THE undisputed face of the federation, then I can even picture some of the haters cheering. It would be a good moment.

If Hogan is competing in the match himself, then Cena better be doing 99% of the work. I highly doubt Hogan will be able to work a halfway decent match at this point. The more Hogan does in the match, the less interested I'd be and the lower the match's overall quality would be. The other factor to consider is who the opponent(s) will be. Is this a Cena VS Orton unification match that gets held off all the way until Wrestlemania? Would another legend, someone like Flair or Piper be in Orton's corner? Who would be the tag team who Cena and Hogan face in the scenario where Hogan is competing? There are a lot of factors to consider here. I'm much more interested in Hogan being in Cena's corner than working the match itself with him. It's better for business. There's no reason why they cannot have Hogan be in Cena's corner instead.

I like this idea, I really do. Protects Hogan and gives you a great moment with Hogan and Cena posing together in the end. Trouble is A) What team do you pit against these two and B) The match that goes after this. If this is the semi ME (which it will be), the last match has to be something brilliant and must have a lot of box office.

If Brock wins the title by then goes on to the ME against Punk (please no) or someone else, I'd buy that scenario. But whatever you do, make the ME a No DQ.

I don't think anyone is considering what Hogan wants. Anybody familiar with his way of thinking should know that he is going to WRESTLE. Bottom line. Hogan is not going to come back and not compete. The guy got into a battle with his doctors begging for one more match, and given the circumstance I think it's fair to say he will get it.

Whether it's a singles match or a tag match remains to be seen but you can bet your ass if you like it or not, Hulk Hogan is going to friggin wrestle his very last match and retire the right way on the 30th anniversary of the event he helped make famous. So please stop with the nonsense of him cornering somebody or hosting it...the dude is stubborn as hell and rightfully so. A lot of you want to see him wrestle and a lot of you don't, but saying he won't makes you sound like you don't know the dude and his backstage pull. I will bet my friggin account Hogan wrestles. It's crazy to hear people saying he won't. Smh.

I've already seen Hogan and Cena tag (with HBK) on a Raw in Anaheim in 2005. If it's with Cena it has to be one on one to be memorable. Even if it is a squash match and Cena destroys Hogan.

Although it seems like it could turn out like the movie The Wrestler.

It would be nice if Hogan came back and had one last match at wrestlemania 30 and finally called it quits as an active wrestler, love him or hate him Hogan along with other guys helped create wrestle Mania, from the first one, the Hogan/bundy in number 2, Hogan and andre in wrestle Mania 3 and so on, he has been a part of many of the wrestle mania's, I hope he can wrestle one more match as long as he does not get seriously hurt doing so to me he has nothing more to prove, but its in his blood like Rick Flair, Mae Young and many others, they love the business and clearly still want to be a part of it, pretty good when him facing the Rock got such a big plug at Roger Centre, for such a washed up has been people still cheered and loved him, more then some of the current guys who can still go that says a lot about how much people still love the guy, hopefully if he can physically do it I would love to see something tasteful that will allow him to go out properly

Not if their planning on doing a title unification. If that is to be the course of action, you simply cannot have Cena be uninvolved.

Some heel faction calls out Cena, or corners him in some way.....Real American hits, out comes Hogan for the save. Its all you need.

I dont wanna sound like the party pooper here,but what doctor in their right mind is gonna clear Hogan for even one more match.. If that match does indeed happen one would assume that Cena would not be the Unified champion heading into WM! If that happens wow what a match (Maybe the match would be against the Authority,that be a great match.) Hogan would be so highly protected in the match with Cena doing 95%of the work. If Hogan is up to it,he could drop his leg one last time imagine the huge pop that would generate..

I would love this it gets Hogan in the ring but yet not having to do much and come on Its Wrestlemania 30 we need HH. It will again let WWE boost cena it will give HH his moment and paycheck and it will give us they feeling inside when we hear I Am A Real American ...... WTF HOGAN WTF

I would truly POP for that . Plus i dont think they can really do anything to top it Taker Match could depending on opponent if there is no rock and they cant get austin HH&Cena would be their biggest ME

How about Cena with hogan in his corner vs Daniel Bryan with HBK (who at some point makes good with DB)? No team, just out Hogan in his corner. Could be a great video package built around "they guys used to watch me, now I watch them"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back