Report: Updated Plans For Hogan?

Hogan doesn't need to wrestle. He just needs to be able to take bumps. I was watching his match back in the day vs Mr. Wonderful. Hogan always looked great, but was always mediocre in the ring. All he has to do is "sell" for 90% of the match and "no sell" for the remainder. :lmao:

Hogan being in Cena's corner doesn't sound nearly as bad as some of the other plans do. It saves us from having to endure Hogan actually working a match. Hogan teaming with Cena against The Real Americans would be absolutely pointless. Cena should be either going after the WWE World Heavyweight Championship or challenging Taker's streak. Why put him in a time waster of a match like tag teaming with Hogan against Swagger and Cesaro? If they did the match I'd hope that Cena does 99% of the work while Hogan is barely in the ring at all.

The option of bring in Roddy Piper to team with some other heel to face Hogan and Cena isn't much better. In fact, it's worse. I'm not much more interested in seeing Piper work a match than Hogan. Hogan & Piper VS Swagger and Cesaro? I'm not sure what's worse about that option. The fact that the legends would likely get the win or the fact that either Hogan or Piper would HAVE to be in the ring. The worst of the options listed in the opening post is Hogan VS Piper. This is 2014, that match is DECADES past when it would have been most appealing. It would be awful.

It's not that I don't want to see Hogan be a part of Wrestlemania 30. On the contrary. The biggest legends of all time deserve at the very least a cameo appearance. However, if they are unable to work a decent match (looking at YOU, Hogan) then they are better off being in promos only, or simply being in someone's corner. If Cena has yet another world title match then the addition of having Hogan in his corner can be a good way to further show how Cena is the modern counterpart of Hulk Hogan's face character. Hogan celebrating with Cena in the ring after Cena wins could be a Wrestlemania moment. I'd be all for seeing the two generational icons in such a moment. Now, Hogan actually working a match, that's an entirely different story. I have no desire to see a Hogan match at all.

Let's just have Cena face Triple H. Cena against the Authority. Cena not liking the way things are ever since SummerSlam. He disliked it so much that he came back early from injury. Have McMahon cut promos on Cena on behalf of Triple H and then have Hogan take Cena's side. Triple H w/ Mr. McMahon vs John Cena w/Hulk Hogan. Hulk and Vince had a gruesome rivalry that culminated at WM 19 so they do have a past. Just my idea though.

He could be in the corner of someone fighting the Real Americans, probably Big E.

Realistically I know Cena is probably going to be involved, but personally, I think this is the perfect time for Cena to turn, Cena comes out to save Hogan and 5 Knuckles him, a la Hogan/Savage Bash At The Beach.

Thats the fan in me bored with todays wrestling speaking though. I know he sells too many toys for that to happen, although we've seen that heels can be fan favorites if they are naturally cool, a la Rock and Hogan himself. Cena is big enough to have that effect.

Yeah actually I DO hope they use this opportunity to turn him. Hogan/Cena vs. Real Americans with a Cena turn.

Only think I do find unbelievable is that its gona be with "Real Americans". Like cesaro and Swagger but just dont we it happening. :)

With "Shield" or "Whyats" maybe, but not with "Americans"...

Even if his old age wasn't a factor and he could still move like he did in the 1980s, Hulk Hogan has already ruined himself over the years thanks to his reality shows, his personal life exposed, and what he did down in TNA. A guest appearance here and there? Sure. Wrestling at Mania 30? Nope. I don't want to see it happening.

I admit I hated the guy because of all the reality bullshit and him trying his best to deflect blame after his son got into the accident that almost killed John Graziano.

But when you hear that music blaring and he comes out to that huge pop, all those things you hated about Hogan are going to wash away. For me at least. I'm looking forward to seeing him in any capacity.

Hogan shouldn't wrestle. He is in no physical condition to do so and I can't imagine many people want to see him. Hogan was bad enough in his prime never mind in the state he is in.

My preferred choice is a very simple role. Something like him and a group of other legends, hitting their finishers and raising each others arms while fireworks go off. Very simple but a chance to see some of the big names in wrestling history that won't get the chance to wrestle.

IF he was to wrestle then a singles match is a no go. Teaming with Cena is perhaps an option but I'm not crazy about it. Having them face The Real Americans seems very underwhelming.

I wouldn't hate them face a re-uniting Evolution. Flair or no Flair a team of HHH, Orton, Batista and Flair vs Hogan, Cena and maybe The Rock/Bryan. I really don't want to see Hogan wrestle but if they were to team him with the top guy in the company they have to go all out. The Real Americans would be a poor choice for all involved. Seriously, HHH/Orton/Batista vs Cena/Bryan/The Rock. Or have Flair and Hogan in the retrospective corners.

They could have Orton drop the title to Lesnar and have him face Punk; Taker/Sheamus, the tag-team main event and still plenty of names to fill the rest of the card. Better options certainly but if they want Hogan to wrestle, or have a prominent role, then I'd be satisfied with the aforementioned tag-team match.

I still think WWE wasted a HUGE opportunity when they had the unification match at TLC rather than WrestleMania. Imagine having almost all of the former WWE and World champions in attendance at 'Mania. Then, when the match was about to start, have Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair walk down the WWE and World titles, respectively, and place them on the hook. This would have been the ideal way to utilize Hogan at 'Mania. Instead, WWE rushed into things and made a historic match into an afterthought. /end_rant

Wow. Even though I still would rather see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN wrestle, I have to admit that would have been an epic scenario seeing them again with their respective title belts over their shoulder in a brief stare down before the match.

According to F4WOnline.com, yet another match possibility has, allegedly, leaked out. This one would involve Hogan teaming up with John Cena & Daniel Bryan to take on The Wyatt Family in a six man tag team match. The report further states that the general feeling is that Hogan won't be able to pass the numerous physical exams he'll have to undergo and that he won't end up wrestling. However, the report says that it's POSSIBLE that WWE officials would allow him to go out and do very, very limited work.

Speculation, reports and rumors are running wild, no pun intended, when it comes to Hogan's participation at WrestleMania XXX. The fact that we know nothing about what Bryan's role is with The Wyatt Family, nor what the long term plans for him with the group are. I could see him turning on The Family at some point, possibly as soon as the Royal Rumble, with The Family possibly doing something to cost both Cena & Bryan title opportunities. I could see them teaming at WrestleMania to take on Harper & Rowan, possibly with Hulk Hogan in their corner as a counterweight to Bray Wyatt, or a handicap match with Hogan still being in their corner and ultimately getting involved somehow.

There are only 2 scenarios I see for Hogan's return, and both consist of John Cena v Randy Orton.

The way I see it is, Cena will beat Orton at the Rumble, only to lose the title to Lesnar thanks to Orton interference. Then is 1-1 in their recent matches (I just don't see them doing a heel v heel title match for lesnar, so cena wins).

This leads to cena challenging Orton to see who is better once and for all at wrestlemania.

My two scenarios would be Hogan to be in cenas corner and piper Or flair will be in ortons corner.

1. Flair has the connection with Orton from evolution and could side with Orton saying he handpicked him, and cena and Hogan are nothing compared to them.

2. It would be reminiscent of wrestlemania 1, with Randys dad being in the corner of piper, and now he replays the favour, plus attempting to get revenge on Hogan

he should be part of the show, he put WWE/F on the map so celebrating the 30th anniversary with them is a must for the Hulkster, but if he is gonna wrestle its gonna need to be a tag match if it is with Cena then so be it. Wonder if they will be booed or cheered tho, thoughts

I used to be against Hogan wrestling a match, because I thought the stuff with his reality TV show, TNA work, sex tape, etc kind of ruined his credibility and he's so old and deteriorated to the point that he's just simply past his expiration date. However the idea of Hogan & Cena vs Piper & Orton for example really intrigues me. I like it as a throwback to WrestleMania I which is just perfectly appropriate for WrestleMania XXX. It would also open up the WWE World Heavy Weight Championship match to Lesnar, Batista or Bryan... which is great, in my opinion as I don't think either Orton or Cena need it at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back