Moolah Kicks The Bucket

FoxyLovesLauren

Dark Match Jobber
Just posted on WWE.com:

WWE is saddened by the passing of Hall of Famer Fabulous Moolah.

In the world of women’s wrestling, there will always be one irrefutable legend that stands head and shoulders above the rest: The Fabulous Moolah. She was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter. And with more than 50 years in the business to her credit, she established a legacy that will never be forgotten, making her name synonymous with female wrestling.

WWE.com will have more on Fabulous Moolah as it becomes available.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/fabulousmoolahpasses

WWE is saddened by the passing of Hall of Famer Fabulous Moolah.

In the world of women’s wrestling, there will always be one irrefutable legend that stands head and shoulders above the rest: The Fabulous Moolah. She was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter. And with more than 50 years in the business to her credit, she established a legacy that will never be forgotten, making her name synonymous with female wrestling.

WWE.com will have more on Fabulous Moolah as it becomes available.

Despite being old, this is kind of surprising seeing she seemed to be pretty active and healthy for someone her age, according to what I seen on WWE TV in the recent years. She had a good life and a good career to treasure.

Rest In Peace.

This is truely a sad day in Wrestling history. She made the womans division what it was, not the joke it recently became. She was the greatest womans Champion ever. This is a huge blow to the wrestling world. One thing I'm wondering though, slightly off topic, but with Moolah gone, will Mae Young continue her appearences?

She was old, and old people die. It's not tragic. It's just a shame. 70 and sexy imo. At least now we probably wont have to see Mae Young anymore. Can't say I've seen many Moolah matches but I can almost predict that she was better than any of WWE's current model wrestlers.

This a shocker. She wasn't the best women's wrestler but if not for her then we'd have no title or division today for the ladies. She was the one who really opened new doors for women's wrestling!

R.I.P Moolah.

This a shocker.

How? She was old. Dying is what old people do. And considering she was a wrestler she's done pretty well for herself. By wrestling standards she's lived 30 years longer than she should have.

74? More like 84. The woman was ancient.

I remember watching Moolah when I first started watching the WWE(F at the time)...
It isn't necessarily a "shocker" but I would say unexpected... she was very old(and i do agree that she survived much longer than some expected) but the last time I saw her on TV, she looked as if she was doing well.
RIP Moolah and Thank You for being the first and one of the best REAL women wrestlers.

Moolah made some pretty big moments, even in the past 10 years, that made me laugh out loud several times. I think the last time we saw her was with Mae Young at SummerSlam. I still believe Moolah is better than Trish ever was, simply because Moolah had nowhere near the talent Trish had to work with like Jazz, Victoria, etc.

Anyway, sad day. Sad to see her go.

R.I.P.

(At least that's one former wrestler/diva who died above the age of 40 though.)

saddining but not a shocker she had the longest run as women's champ right last time i member seing her was a comercial / spoof she did with mae a couple years ago allways gave me a good chuckle when id see wwe cut to backstage n see her n mae lurking around back stage good luck in the afterlife moolah

It's kind of harsh to say, but at least we've finally got a wrestler to die, and die at an old age. No more shocks of a heart attack or an OD from someone in there 40's.

I think like most on here, we didn't get to see this woman in her prime. If urban legend is half of what this lady is, then she was a damn good wrestler. See that term, wrestler, not Diva. Wrestler, not a model pretending to be something she's not. Rest In Peace Moolah, you've earned it.

I don't think anyone can be surpriesed by an 84 year old women dying. Still for a wrestler she lived for a long time. I am Saddened to see her pass, she was the greatest diva in history. I want to see what WWE with Mae Young now that Moolah is gone. Sad day, RIP.

Fabulous Moolah
1923 - 2007

I hope wherever Lillian is, that she's resting in peace. I was so sad to come home and find out about this. Never thought she'd actually go, as strange as it sounds.

Flames Out
Dragon

Moolah made some pretty big moments, even in the past 10 years, that made me laugh out loud several times. I think the last time we saw her was with Mae Young at SummerSlam. I still believe Moolah is better than Trish ever was, simply because Moolah had nowhere near the talent Trish had to work with like Jazz, Victoria, etc.

Anyway, sad day. Sad to see her go.

R.I.P.

(At least that's one former wrestler/diva who died above the age of 40 though.)

What? Moolah had alot of other women to train off off and wrestle with when she was wrestling. As great as she was, Moolah was not the be all end all of womens wrestling. In fact if it weren't for women like Mildred Burke and Judy Grable, Moolah would have never succeeded in the wrestling business. I'm not trying to take anything away from Moolahs greatness, I'm just saying that there were other women around at the time besides Moolah. And in fact, when Moolah ran out of competiton in America, she went to Japan to feud with the women there. Moolah had tons of talent to work with.

She was cool and had guts of steel to do some of the stuff she did as an old lady. It seems like she was someone who truly loved the business, and wasn't in it just for the money, like I suspect a few male wresters and QUITE a few Divas are.

Also, she was old school where the women could actually wrestle, unlike 99.8 percent of the current WWE gals.

RIP, Moolah. :sad:

At least now we probably wont have to see Mae Young anymore.

Hopefully but don't bet on it. The reason Moolah and Mae were still appearing on WWE programming is because they filed suit against Vinnie and company sometime around 97-98 for age discrimination and breach of contract. If memory serves the original suit was for an estimated 10 million dollars. It was cheaper to just let them work, as opposed to settling with them in court. I don't remember all of the details but do recall the speculation that those outlandish angles were Vince's way of punishing them. vince called their bluff and actually put them to work, as many felt they were expecting to just sit at home and receive a check. Oddly enough, at one time those two were some of the highest paid members of the WWF/E roster. I'd encourage anyone to research this as my memory is a bit fuzzy about these events. In any case, I'm fairly sure Mae's contract is still going. If some genius in creative comes up with an idea for her then you can look to see her on television. Unless that 10 year contract has expired you can look for her to appear any time they tell her to... Perhaps they will just let her sit somewhere and enjoy her final days. Who knows? :icon_sad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back