Montauk Monster

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
A couple weeks ago a story broke about an undetermined "creature" showing up on the shores of New York, around Southhold in the bay area. This, to my knowledge (and google) is the most recent photo of the newly discovered "creature".

41359264.jpg

This is a picture of a similar, if not identical creature found almost a year, plus, ago (again, according to google) and the body was taken by authorities and later determined to be that of a "raccoon".

monster.jpg

So, because the Authorities are that of morons who try and claim outlandish stupidity and actually believe we'll take this as truth.. I'm asking what everyone here would come to believe this to be? I've come to the conclusion of 3 alternative conclusions. Obviously two are a bit outlandish, themselves, but the final conclusion is what I truly believe it will come to be.

1. Aliens: I know, I know.. but naturally before you completely dismiss it, at least give it about a 5-10 second remote thought. You'd have to be pretty stupid and naive to actually think we're the ONLY living beings, on this planet alone. Thus, it is technically possible and not quite completely out of the realm of reality that this "creature" could be some type of species from an alternative planet.

Yes, I know how incredibly stupid it sounds. But all you have to do, is repeat this exact sentence to yourself..

"We're Human Beings, on a Planet that can sustain life-form, and breathable air. Naturally no other Planet could be similar in any way, shape or form. We're superior and alone in this world."

Now, if you believed yourself in repeating that sentence, congratulations.. you're a fucking moron. We live in a Galaxy, that even Scientists have yet to figure out how big it is. So naturally, we don't know what is out there, nor if we're alone.

2. Military Creation/Diseased Escapee: If you thought the idea of "Aliens" was naive, sci-fi minded and stupid.. then you'll love this conspiracy theory. This, mind you, is the last of the 3 conclusions I've come to that I actually think could be remote. Yet, ironically the closest to what could be true.

While I could easily say "You've all seen the movies" (The Mist, is what I'm referring to) I'll go with a more natural approach. Naturally growing technology. Our Government is constantly thinking up new ideas, and new ways to save our soldiers, yet win the wars we must endure. So why not "create" some weird lab experiments and attempt to create a new race of expendable "animals". (which is what the Government pretty much believes our Soldiers are now, anyways)

Now as I said, I firmly think this is far-fetched even more than Aliens. Mainly because we can't prove or disprove Aliens to be real or fake, but with the Military you're walking a pretty fine line trying to claim they'd actually do something like this, behind the public's eye.. right? I mean, with all the weapons and abilities with computers.. why back-track to animal type creatures? Seems kinda.. well, movie-scripted, ya know. But it's a theory.

And an even more interesting one when you factor in Plum Island's "Animal Disease Center" which isn't that far from the place this creature was found.

And finally, the theory I firmly believe is the truth.. to put it all to rest..

3. Pollution: The part of the story that I recently read that caught my eye more than the disfigured creature, the unique name, or the theory of aliens.. was more importantly where this "thing" was discovered, and the description of the surrounding area and bay.

This monster was located in Southold, NY on the Bay Area. For those who are unfamiliar with the area, this is the North Fork of Long Island. The beast smelled like a mix of low-tide and rotten garbage. It really smelled horrific.

So, here you have a case of discovering a disfigured (dead) apparent animal, and it smells horribly (naturally, it's dead) but it's also been discovered apparently washed up on shore from water that carries tons of garbage, trash and other foul things.

Raccoon? No.. Turtle? I think maybe. I truly do. Look closer at the pictures, and the face looks similar to that of a snapping turtle. It also looks like it could've lost it's shell. Now, I'm unsure if Turtles can do that, but I'd imagine they could.. and naturally, if this "turtle/creature" was floating/swimming around in diseased polluted, trashed filled waters.. then naturally it's going to contract something and likely die from it.

My only problem with the turtle theory, is it has a tail, and what looks like longer legs than a turtle would have. It almost looks Dog-like, yet the face is so deformed and disfigured that I wouldn't guess that, either. However, once again a Dog wouldn't likely survive in that type of water either.. and with the pollution mixed, it's fur could've been basically washed off and disfigured in the process.

Case solved, problem over? You be the judge. What's your theories on this discovery.. and why did the Authorities and Military cover up the discoveries of this same, identical creature a little over a year ago and attempt to make us believe it was that of a "raccoon"?

montauk_monster_mouth.jpg

You should have a warning of "This will make you feel sick" :lmao:. My Gosh that creature is horrible. My guess is basically that it's an undiscovered creature. Much, as you say, we'd be stupid to 100% believe humans are the only lifeform in the Universe, we'd also be stupid to believe scientists have discovered and named every creature, especially seeings as they find new ones all the time.

There are, of course, problems with that. Why would they say it was a racoon the first time if it was something new? But I also seriously don't see that being a racoon. However, you are right in saying the pollution could have caused the disfiguration.

I don't believe the alien theory, because I'm one of those 'morons' who don't really believe in them. Not that I think they couldn't exist, just that I think it's unlikely. And I've been worked by the media in expecting aliens to be green things from Mars :lmao:.

People will claim anything. They will haox anything. They want to believe anything. That's the case here. This is a phenomenon created because people WANT to think this is a new orgainsim, out of the realm of science. However, with observation, It's simply a bloated carcuss of a documented animal, that i'm certain is a racoon.

Firstly, this body is so distorted because it has been decaying - coincidentally, there's still visibly distinguishable features, from alike mammals, therefore it isn't a new species. That's where your theories get quickly chucked out the window.

Next, just examine the skull of a raccoon and the structure of the "mysterious" body's decomposed head.

racoon_lat.jpg

You'll see that they're extremely similar. Sure, the Montauk raccoon has a few chipped teeth; it was rustled around in the ocean, decaying. The Raccoon skull might not be exactly the same due to each individual variation but it's still basically the same.

The authorities are probably more correct than anyone else in saying this creature is a decayed, bloated raccoon.

*4Rap

I remember seeing this and reading a story about that thing some time ago, more than a couple weeks, atleast it seems like it. But I digress...

I think that you had the right idea and didn't even know it. I think that it is some kind of canine, most likely a dog. Now this is all speculation and educated guessing, but from I see whatever it is looks like a dog, mainly the body, legs, fur, and tail. The head makes it look like sone new, strange creature, but everything else looks like a dog, from what I would guess, if a dog somehow fell into those polluted waters. The water made the fur fall off, it got a bloated look to it, and the "skin" is somewhat discolored.

However, the head could be a skull of what a dog skull would look like after all that the animal might have went through. even though I think that a dogs biggest teeth are on the top, compared to this creature that has them on the bottom, this could also be an effect of whatever happened to it when it was alive.

I don't know what the answer is, but my is that is was some kind of dog.

errrr...

I guess im the only person who thinks the top picture is quite obviously a decomposed dog? Has all the parts, it looks JUST damn like one, that is water decomped. Yea, the snout looks like a beak, its becuase there is still cariledge left. the top portion of most animals noses and ears are made of cartiledge, not bone, so it can decomp and disappear gradually. Hence why human skulls dont have noses or ears. Same thing here, its just decomped in an odd way. IF it was a new species, they would DNA test it, and announce a new species. no reason not to.

Reactions: Lee
This so called "Montauk Monster" is kind of hard to tell what it could be. I personally believe it's a new type of creature that hasn't been completely discovered. I say that because there are tons of creatures out in the world today that have not been discovered and there are tons of new creatures being discovered. I believe that the new creatures that have been discovered have been found in ocean life.

There IS also the possibility that it was just some original known animal that got deformed because of all the pollution in the water. I think it could be a some type of turtle that lost it's shell, granted it's showing fur. It looks like a mix of a dog/turtle/bird. Whatever it is, it's very ugly and freaky looking.

Either it's a new creature or just a messed up one. I'm leaning towards the latter.

That creature is absolutely disgusting, and I can not imagine something like that being alive and moving. I have to think it's some sort of dog/rodent thing that got caught up in the pollution around that area and became... like that. And I think that it was never really living like that. It died from the pollution that changed it, then got washed up on shores for us to discover. It could be the government trying to do experiments, but why would two identical "failed experiments" be there? Too coincidental.

Another theory is that it's a new species, perhaps a new evolution in the raccoon gene, and it just didn't work. Maybe that's what happens sometimes, a new creature comes along and fails. Either way, I doubt we'll be seeing these guys walking around someday. They're not meant to be alive.

This could be some weird, deformed, decayed raccoon. Pollution is another viable possibility. As a student going to college for a degree in Biological Engineering I can attest to the damage pollution may inflict on a species.

However, my attempt to explain it will be with some weird evolutionary outcome. Is it not possible that this weird animal is evolution gone in some hella ugly direction? I mean, the platypus is an incredibly jacked up looking animal when it's alive. Let alone if it were washed up on shore, partially decayed. If a decaying platypus washed up on shore, we could very well be having this very same conversation.

Or, as has been said, it could just be a dog someone threw off a bridge that just now washed ashore. Meh, still ugly as all hell.

As is the case with 'unexplained mysteries' do some research first. You'll find that the 'few weeks ago' was in fact July of last year, everything from a turtle to a racoon was suggested...it was a dog, sorry kiddas.

Ah!!! so the ol boy NorCal has it right the fuck on. I mean cm'on look at it. Dog fur. Dog skull. Doggie penis. Its a fuckin dog. Will is up there talking about Aliens and shit :lmao:

Ah!!! so the ol boy NorCal has it right the fuck on. I mean cm'on look at it. Dog fur. Dog skull. Doggie penis. Its a fuckin dog. Will is up there talking about Aliens and shit :lmao:

:lmao: hahahaha Well excuse fucking me for not scoping out the Dog's dick, I guess I had higher priorities than to check what the canine was packing. :lmao:

And I said Aliens in the most reasonable sense of the term. LOL I wasn't talking smack, all like "I just returned from being probed 'n' shit, they took me up there and did all sorts of things to me." lol I just used it as a logical theory in the sense that.. you know.. we are in a GALAXY filled with undetermined amounts of space and uncharted planets and such. lol

As is the case with 'unexplained mysteries' do some research first. You'll find that the 'few weeks ago' was in fact July of last year, everything from a turtle to a racoon was suggested...it was a dog, sorry kiddas.

Or, uhm, no.

"A few weeks ago" was in fact A FEW WEEKS AGO. (I googled a picture of what I was told it was. I can't make google find me the exact fucking thing though)

I brought this topic up when I remembered seeing a news report about it, whilst I was eating. :lmao: I know. Anywho - it was some guy out of New Jersey, who was on a show (not Larry King, but something that followed or was right before him? On like CNBC or something) claiming that what he'd found was similar to what was found a while ago. (by while ago, they meant year ago, or so)

The picture I posted was likely that of a dead dog, or raccoon, what-have-you. And I'm not discounting that some smuck in New Jersey didn't go off and find yet another dead dog/raccoon - but what I'm saying to you, Lee, is that it was indeed "recent". As in weeks ago, not last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back