Do Aliens exist?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]S1w1A3n-Eww[/youtube]

figured this would get you guys in an alien kind of mood

I think aliens do exist this universe is way to big for us to be the only sentient beings in it. Do i think aliens abduct stray redneck farmers and anally probe them no that crap is just made up by tabloids to sell magazines. Do I think we have had some real UFO sightings around the world? it's a very good possibility. who are we to say what this is

ufo682_414380a.jpg

It could actually be a UFO or it could be a balloon or something we just don't know for certain.

How about Area 51. This military base in Nevada maybe the most secret and closed off military base in the U.S. The US Government barely acknowledges its existence finally calling it an air force operating facility on July 14th, 2003. It appears on no public US Government maps. There must be something there they don't want us to know about, but is it aliens? The Government denies the existence of underground railroads and bunkers but according to the LA times many of Area 51's operations did (and presumably still do) occur underground. Could this be for the placement and movement of Aliens and their technology?

While I do Personally do believe in aliens and think the human race will make contact some time in the distant future I don't think we have done it yet.

What I'm saying are my own personal beliefs and I'm sure some of you disagree with me so come on in and say what you think.

Like they say though The truth is out there.

I once read something that was extremely interesting. Based on how many stars there are in the galaxy like our sun, with planets revolving around them at about the same distance, it came out to some huge number in the millions. Then when you look at how evolution works the odds are less that NO other planet has seen intelligent life evolve on them than the odds that intelligent life has evolved on at least one.

I share your belief that aliens exist but we have yet to make contact with them. But man some of the theories out there are pretty freaking sweet and would be cool if they ever turned out to be true, like aliens visiting the Egyptians in the time of the pharaohs.

The search for intelligent life outside earth, someone should find intelligent life on this planet first.

But in all seriousness, the odds of there being no other communicable forms of life in the universe is laughable at best and criminally stupid at worst. There is life out there, it makes no sense for there not to be life out there that doesn't have the specific way of communicating with humankind.

In short, and I'm keeping it short because this topic has been done before, you guys are half right. There is almost certainly something out there, but people will never ever come into contact with it. Nothing goes faster than the speed of light, and there are no planets within 30 light years of earth capable of holding life. That means that a radio signal would take at least 60 years to go and then come back. So If we recieved a signal today and sent one back, we'd mostly be dead before it got back.

With our best technology, it'd take about 85,000 years to reach these stars, and this is making the massive assumption that this is where life is. As for them coming here, at best it would take them 30 years, and they'd be hugely advanced if this were true, hugely. Would you go on a 30 year trip to potentially see a Gorilla? because that's the level of advancement we'd have compared to them. I think the answer is no, and I think ti would be for them too.

With our best technology, it'd take about 85,000 years to reach these stars, and this is making the massive assumption that this is where life is. As for them coming here, at best it would take them 30 years, and they'd be hugely advanced if this were true, hugely. Would you go on a 30 year trip to potentially see a Gorilla? because that's the level of advancement we'd have compared to them. I think the answer is no, and I think ti would be for them too.
Yeah it would take 85,000 years if we did it right now. Who's to say at some point in the very distant future the Human Race won't find the secret to long distance space travel and it would take maybe a year? As for them coming here ot see a gorilla why not? maybe they've never seen a gorilla or maybe they just want to study humans

I do believe that there is something out there. There would have to be right? there is no way that all of the space and planets out there, and the only living things are on just one planet. I don't think that they are these things flying around in small ufo's. If anything they would be like us. only able to live on our planet air wise. Who know's they might not even be smart enough to invent stuff like UFO's.
As for them coming here ot see a gorilla why not? maybe they've never seen a gorilla or maybe they just want to study humans
Yeah right... If we have never heard of them, or saw them, how would they know about us? Somewhere out there there might be some kind of creature like a human, but they would be wondering the same thing as us, Is there such thing as Aliens?

I think they do. There's just too much space out there for them not to exist. There's been so much said by people about them seeing UFO's. I know you get the right nutters making stuff up, but some respected people like RAF pilots have said that they've seen UFOs. I guess one day we might find out, but I do think there is something out there.

the government wants us to not believe that they exist.... yet they won't confirm or deny they do so what can we believe? when they actually come down for first contact? or when we invent warp drive or its equivalent?

Why the hell not. It's incredibly smug of anyone to think we're the only ones in this big Universe.

As far as communicating with them, suuuure. The stars we see at night are as they were millions of years ago. It took that long for the light to reach our planet. We couldn't effeciently communicate with them if we wanted to.

And no, none of this "traveling faster than light" business. If that were possible the very basic principles of Einsteinian physics would break down. Using blackholes would be physically impossible, because blackholes are so powerful they capture light and bend time. They are so immensely powerful, even light can't escape. And once you get over the event horizon, you don't even know the idea of time. Sort of like if you were to travel at the speed of light, time slows down at an exponential rate.

Take GPS satellites for example. They have to be pre-programmed to account for the difference between what their clocks will read and what time on Earth is. Why? They are moving soooo damn fast, that their clocks will read slow.

Do they exist? Yes. Have they visited us? I doubt it.

Thousands of new planets in other solar systems have been discovered, and I think it's idiotic to think that none of them support some type of life.

I cannot imagine our little blue ball, one of trillions, being the only planet that can support life.

Intelligent life is another story. Many complex things need to occur for this to happen. We may indeed be a fluke.

A reason aliens may not have visited us is the faster than light problem. It would take thousands of years to reach us even from the nearest star. I can't imagine a race living that long, nor having the patience to make the trip.

Hawkings and others proved space CAN be warped, and wormholes CAN exist, so who knows.

But, I'm a firm believer in my heart that they are out there. And, maybe if they come here, it will end racism and hate. Are you going to keep hating your black neighbor knowing that other races exist outside of this planet? It will force us to come together as a species, not devided by racial and ethical lines. I think it would be the best, very best thing for this world to be visited by aliens, or, even to discover microscopic life on Mars. We NEED TO GET TO MARS AND FIND THIS SHIT OUT!

I don't believe that "aliens" per say exist(or what the media portrays as aliens.) But, I do firmly believe there is some kind of intelligent life somewhere out there. The universe is so large, that it is absolutely mind boggling. This other form of life out there is most likely not as intelligent or very similar to humans, due to the fact that evolution by chance is pretty unlikely to replicate something as complex as humans. But yeah, I do definitely believe there is something else out there somewhere with somewhat decently high intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back