• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA V.S. Boxing

The Roid Rage

Getting Noticed By Management
Hands down, Boxing. Why? I'll tell you why. Because MMA is simply for guys who aren't good enough to box, period. If they were good enough, that's what they would do, but they can't cut it in the real ring, so they go to a gimmick sideshow octagon. That is the story for all of MMA, all the leftovers from other sports go there. Can't Wrestle? go to MMA. Can't play football? go to MMA. Can't cut it as a boxer? go to MMA. Can't cut it as a real Martial Artist? go to MMA.

I find even the name " Mixed Martial Arts" offensive. I was a student of real Martial Arts for a few years. I took Tae Kwon Do which is the best form of all self defense and Martial Arts ask anyone, and it never involved anything like what these guys are doing in MMA. That's because what they are doing isn't Martial Arts at all. It's just unscientific, undisciplined, fighting in a cage: cage fighting.

Martial Arts itself is flawed and inferior to Boxing for one simple reason: It is a series of choreographed moves, made to go against a series of choreographed moves. There is no free flow to it, only repetitive moves made to block or counter other repetitive moves. Bruce Lee the Dragon was smart enough to see this which is why he borrowed almost everything from Boxing. He realized that that was flawed, and that you have to be able to react to any motion not just specific ones.

It makes sense really, think about it. On the street if you get in a fight, the only way Martial Arts really is effective is if the guy your fighting is also using Martial Arts, otherwise you can't counter what you haven't been trained to counter. I have seen it a thousand times, in the real world Martial Arts is inferior. Scientifically Boxing is superior in every way.

MMA is just a gimmick, it's a slogan to place on cage fighting to make it more acceptable to society because society already gave a verdict on it and said no, it's just two people wildly mauling each other. Dana White himself even stated that he added weight classes to cage fighting and borrowed that from boxing to make it seem like a real sport, problem is, it isn't and even he knows it. The sports world doesn't even acknowledge MMA which puts it in the same class as Pro Wrestling which we all know is fake to a degree. How bad is that? Here they claim to be the greatest fighters in the world but the sporting press and the real sports world doesn't even acknowledge it? Ya know why? it's not a sport, it should be illegal because it is human cock fighting or human dog fighting.

Take a look at any of the top MMA guys and try to tell me that any of them could seriously hang with any of the top boxers in the world. Never. I'm sorry MMA fans but Brock Lesnar would get the beating of his life against someone like Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, or as far as heavyweights go Ruslan Chagaev, Samuel Peter, or just to be mean Nickolai Valuev. What do you think Floyd Mayweather would do to anyone in the UFC at his weight? He'd destroy them inside of a Boxing round 3:00 minutes. They couldn't even stand on their feet and fight that long. These guys are used to being able to go to the ground, dry hump each other, and pretend to be fighting while they wrap themselves around each other like a couple pretzels because they can't figure out what they should really be doing to begin with.

I tell ya it makes me sick. There are some things about MMA that people think makes it tougher and I want to address those. The first thing being the 5:00 minute rounds.

Ok, I know it sounds like a lot and it is, but you have to figure, these guys are on the ground off of their feet and either on their back or resting on top of their opponent the majority of that time most of the time. When they are on their feet they display hand skills that probably wouldn't cut it in Amateur Boxing alone. They act like they can throw a decent jab, they act like they can throw a decent hook, they act like they have even mediocre foot work, and the whole time they throw jabs that couldn't break wind, throw wide wild hay-makers that occasionally land on their defense inept opponent, and display all the footwork of Helen Keller.

5:00 Minutes is also just too long period. That's just part of the lack of science in MMA. 3:00 minutes is optimal time for a round to last in order for both men to perform at an optimal level for 12 rounds without completely tanking themselves. It's science, it's smarts. Putting guys in there who are under-conditioned and under-trained is stupid and cruel to the idiot going in there thinking he's ready when he's not. So, 5:00 minutes of romping on a mat or acting like you can box is nowhere near the equivalent of a steady 3:00 minute round in boxing.

Another thing that people try to mention is that MMA allows for elbows, kicks, and submissions. Well, get ready to cry me a river because this is all bullshit too.

Ya see, back in the day when people fought for personal reason or prize, there was a thing called a fair fight. This was back in the day before rap music, heavy metal, tattoo obsessions, superiority complexes, MMA or many of the other things people get the idea that they are bad asses from indulging in existed. Back in the day people weren't afraid to take an ass beating. If you fought someone you fought them and if you won you won and if you lost you lost, big deal. But when you fought, you fought clean, you fought fair. Anything less would make you look bad, and would only prove that you were a. too afraid of taking an ass beating to fight fair or b. that the person you were fighting was the tougher of the two of you because you had to fight dirty to do anything.

You know what dirty fighting was back in the day? Throwing elbows, kicking a man when their down, or choking them out, twisting their arm, etc... You know why? Because it is not necessary, you can already do enough damage with your fists alone, you don't need to resort to dirty tactics to fight. Either you win or you lose plain and simple, but at some point someone decided losing a fight was too much to handle and decided that fighting dirty would make it fair. How fucking moronic can you be?

Aside from the fact that those are simply pussy tactics, there is another thing about all the kicks, submissions, and elbows. As I stated, it's a short cut to winning. It's like cheating or saying "Well I can't beat you like a man, so I'm going to do something malicious and cowardly to try and beat you" which is in fact easier than actually staying the course, figuring out a strategy, executing it, and winning without question. That takes guts, it takes determination, and it takes heart, all of which are missing from MMA and present in Boxing.

Use your heads, think. Boxing has to be tougher because you don't have the luxury of kicking someone, or elbowing them, or making them submit. You have your fists, and you have to find a way to utilize the rest of your body to be the most efficient with your fists that you can be. You don't have the option of simply twisting a guys arm to make him say uncle, or laying down while you or the opponent sits there trying to figure out another way to win besides clean, on their feet, with their fists, like a man. You have to stand toe to toe with your opponent, look them dead in the eyes, and beat him at his own game. There's no cheap shots, or easy ways out(other than quiting which defeats the purpose of fighting at all), no questionable tactics, or shortcuts. You have a couple options: Knock a guy out, get knocked out, or last long enough and out box your opponent and display superior enough skills to win a decision. That alone should be proof positive enough to tell you which is the superior of the two. The real sport of boxing, not the cock fights of MMA.

Here's a question for you too. Guess what the hardest training regime in the world is??? Survey say??? Boxing. The only one even close is swimming because you use all your muscles all the time since that's what your doing is swimming. But, guess what??? Swimming is a big part of a boxers training as well, that's something else they do to ensure they have more stamina, more wind, and are more physically fit. It is a fact that the regime professional boxers undergo for training is the hardest training for any sport or martial art in the world. Case and point. Boxing and Boxers are superior athletes. That's also why Boxers make the highest purses in the world too. Oscar De La Hoya has made 36 million in one fight before, and that was years ago, he get's 20 million easy, why? Because he's one of the best fighters period in the world. Maybe not as much now but he was, and is one of the best of all time.

Here is my last piece of proof that I will present right now. Ever since this whole MMA thing has got popular everyone is doing it. Now ever high school bully that thinks he's tough is trying to be an MMA fighter, why? Because he sure couldn't make it in boxing. Every guy with too many tribal tattoos with a decent build that thinks he's tough is going in thinking their going to be some big world class fighter, and that their doing something superior and new. There's nothing superior and new about it, cavemen were mauling each other thousands of years ago. It was when man was becoming more civilized that they made fighting a contest with rules to test mens grit and ability, it was back in the earliest days of the Olympics called Boxing.There is this big craze going on over MMA because it's marketed as "Ultimate Fighting" and these guys are heralded as the greatest fighters in the world but yet everyone and anyone can do it and is.

Doesn't that tell you something. Not just anyone can be a boxer, you have to have something special to even be involved in it, they aren't just taking guys off of the streets. Not Just anyone can play in the NBA, or the NFL, or the MLB. In all of those sports you have to be able to do something that few others in the world can do at a certain level, and that's also why the money is there. The New York Yankees aren't going to just bring in someone who thinks they could be a major league pitcher, have train with a pitching coach and put him on the mound. That's essentially what does on in MMA all over, and all the way to the top. Anyone can fight MMA, what is so special about something that anyone can do? What is so extreme or ultimate about that?

Bottom Line, I could go on and on and on and on. I have said enough to hopefully open the eyes of some of you. Some of you will probably lash out at me for exposing the brand you love so much. I call it a brand because it's a brand of fighting, not a sport. The best fighters in the world reside in a boxing ring, MMA is a sideshow and a joke. I welcome any and all arguments. I warn you though, science is on my side, facts are on my side, I can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Anything you bring up I will squash. I hope you have enjoyed this piece and my first visit to the MMA section, have a nice day!

Reactions: OIL
I'm not going to pick your post apart, because it's too long. I'll just say this.

Boxing is only superior right now because it's been around for HUNDREDS of years. In fifty years, the majority of mixed-martial-artists aren't going to be Kimbo Slice's, they're going to be GSP's.

As far as elbows and knees being 'dirty tactics', well, that's just bullshit. Eye-poking, hair-pulling, fish-hooking, head-butting and groin-shots are dirty tactics. Everything else is fair game. How can you say elbows/knees/kicks are dirty tactics and then say Tae Kwon Do is the best martial-art (which is debateable, IMO Muay Thai is the best in a real fight situation).

And by the way, I box. I love boxing. I'm having my first amateur fight in a couple days. Boxers are definately superior athletes. But like I said, wait until MMA is more than a couple decades old before you judge it as a sport. I was just talking about this with a friend today. Look at the origins of basketball. Do you honestly think the best team in the world a couple decades after the game was invented could compete with an average team in the NBA today? I don't think so. Give MMA some time, it will continue to evolve and become a true sport.

Hands down, Boxing. Why? I'll tell you why. Because MMA is simply for guys who aren't good enough to box, period. If they were good enough, that's what they would do, but they can't cut it in the real ring, so they go to a gimmick sideshow octagon. That is the story for all of MMA, all the leftovers from other sports go there. Can't Wrestle? go to MMA. Can't play football? go to MMA. Can't cut it as a boxer? go to MMA. Can't cut it as a real Martial Artist? go to MMA.
Please, that's just silly.

People change sports all the time. Are you saying Michael Jordan became a baseball player because he couldn't cut it as a basketball player? That's terrible reasoning.

I find even the name " Mixed Martial Arts" offensive. I was a student of real Martial Arts for a few years.
How is it offensive, when it is literally a mix of martial art disciplines?

I took Tae Kwon Do which is the best form of all self defense
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Please tell me you didn't say that.

and Martial Arts ask anyone
Ask me, and I'll tell you not even close.

and it never involved anything like what these guys are doing in MMA. That's because what they are doing isn't Martial Arts at all. It's just unscientific, undisciplined, fighting in a cage: cage fighting.
Again, not even close. Sure, there are a ton of fighters with poor skills in various martial arts, but to say that someone like Royce Gracie wasn't a trained, disciplined and scientific fighter is just absurd.

Martial Arts itself is flawed and inferior to Boxing for one simple reason: It is a series of choreographed moves, made to go against a series of choreographed moves. There is no free flow to it, only repetitive moves made to block or counter other repetitive moves.
And yet, MMA is NOTHING like that. So...kind of hurt your own point here.

It makes sense really, think about it. On the street if you get in a fight, the only way Martial Arts really is effective is if the guy your fighting is also using Martial Arts, otherwise you can't counter what you haven't been trained to counter. I have seen it a thousand times, in the real world Martial Arts is inferior. Scientifically Boxing is superior in every way.
And when a MMA fighter takes you to the ground, what good is your boxing then?

But, you're right. Real-life fights NEVER end up on the ground. :rolleyes:

The sports world doesn't even acknowledge MMA
Except for ESPN, who regularly covers MMA events, both on their TV broadcasts and on their web site.

it's not a sport, it should be illegal because it is human cock fighting or human dog fighting.
The difference is free will. Guys who fight in a cage, do so of their own volition.

Take a look at any of the top MMA guys and try to tell me that any of them could seriously hang with any of the top boxers in the world. Never. I'm sorry MMA fans but Brock Lesnar would get the beating of his life against someone like Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, or as far as heavyweights go Ruslan Chagaev, Samuel Peter, or just to be mean Nickolai Valuev.
I would love to see Brock Lesnar vs. any of those guys you just named in a fight.

What do you think Floyd Mayweather would do to anyone in the UFC at his weight?
BJ Penn vs. Floyd Maweather. Let's see it.

I tell ya it makes me sick. There are some things about MMA that people think makes it tougher and I want to address those. The first thing being the 5:00 minute rounds.

Ok, I know it sounds like a lot and it is, but you have to figure, these guys are on the ground off of their feet and either on their back or resting on top of their opponent the majority of that time most of the time. When they are on their feet they display hand skills that probably wouldn't cut it in Amateur Boxing alone. They act like they can throw a decent jab, they act like they can throw a decent hook, they act like they have even mediocre foot work, and the whole time they throw jabs that couldn't break wind, throw wide wild hay-makers that occasionally land on their defense inept opponent, and display all the footwork of Helen Keller.
:lmao:

So, you're saying that standing around a ring for three minutes is more tiring than wrestling for 5 minutes?

Ya see, back in the day when people fought for personal reason or prize, there was a thing called a fair fight.
Last I knew, both fighters could use those submissions, so how is it not a fair fight?

Use your heads, think. Boxing has to be tougher because you don't have the luxury of kicking someone, or elbowing them, or making them submit.
Which means that you don't have to be hit by kicks, elbows or submissions.

So, how do you have to be tougher to be a boxer, when you just admit that you don't get hit by elbows, knees and submissions? Wouldn't that make them more of a pussy?

You have your fists, and you have to find a way to utilize the rest of your body to be the most efficient with your fists that you can be. You don't have the option of simply twisting a guys arm to make him say uncle, or laying down while you or the opponent sits there trying to figure out another way to win besides clean, on their feet, with their fists, like a man. You have to stand toe to toe with your opponent, look them dead in the eyes, and beat him at his own game. There's no cheap shots, or easy ways out(other than quiting which defeats the purpose of fighting at all), no questionable tactics, or shortcuts. You have a couple options: Knock a guy out, get knocked out, or last long enough and out box your opponent and display superior enough skills to win a decision. That alone should be proof positive enough to tell you which is the superior of the two. The real sport of boxing, not the cock fights of MMA.

Here's a question for you too. Guess what the hardest training regime in the world is??? Survey say??? Boxing. The only one even close is swimming because you use all your muscles all the time since that's what your doing is swimming. But, guess what??? Swimming is a big part of a boxers training as well, that's something else they do to ensure they have more stamina, more wind, and are more physically fit. It is a fact that the regime professional boxers undergo for training is the hardest training for any sport or martial art in the world. Case and point. Boxing and Boxers are superior athletes. That's also why Boxers make the highest purses in the world too. Oscar De La Hoya has made 36 million in one fight before, and that was years ago, he get's 20 million easy, why? Because he's one of the best fighters period in the world. Maybe not as much now but he was, and is one of the best of all time.

Here is my last piece of proof that I will present right now. Ever since this whole MMA thing has got popular everyone is doing it. Now ever high school bully that thinks he's tough is trying to be an MMA fighter, why? Because he sure couldn't make it in boxing. Every guy with too many tribal tattoos with a decent build that thinks he's tough is going in thinking their going to be some big world class fighter, and that their doing something superior and new. There's nothing superior and new about it, cavemen were mauling each other thousands of years ago. It was when man was becoming more civilized that they made fighting a contest with rules to test mens grit and ability, it was back in the earliest days of the Olympics called Boxing.There is this big craze going on over MMA because it's marketed as "Ultimate Fighting" and these guys are heralded as the greatest fighters in the world but yet everyone and anyone can do it and is.

Doesn't that tell you something. Not just anyone can be a boxer, you have to have something special to even be involved in it, they aren't just taking guys off of the streets. Not Just anyone can play in the NBA, or the NFL, or the MLB. In all of those sports you have to be able to do something that few others in the world can do at a certain level, and that's also why the money is there. The New York Yankees aren't going to just bring in someone who thinks they could be a major league pitcher, have train with a pitching coach and put him on the mound. That's essentially what does on in MMA all over, and all the way to the top. Anyone can fight MMA, what is so special about something that anyone can do? What is so extreme or ultimate about that?

Bottom Line, I could go on and on and on and on. I have said enough to hopefully open the eyes of some of you. Some of you will probably lash out at me for exposing the brand you love so much. I call it a brand because it's a brand of fighting, not a sport. The best fighters in the world reside in a boxing ring, MMA is a sideshow and a joke. I welcome any and all arguments. I warn you though, science is on my side, facts are on my side, I can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Anything you bring up I will squash. I hope you have enjoyed this piece and my first visit to the MMA section, have a nice day!
I'm sure there are many things here that I would love to ridicule, but I have to get going for now. If you think you actually made a valid point, feel free to say it again, and I'll prove it wrong when I get home.

I really don't know why people like to compare MMA and Boxing in the first place. They're so different. But since you want to, let me explain why MMA is much, much better than boxing and always will be.

First of all, undercard fighters in MMA actually mean something.

In boxing, you NEVER get a good undercard fight. Never. In MMA, however, you get them all the time. You actually get a chance to get to know talent not headlining the show. Whereas in boxing... no one gives a damn about the undercard, because it's A) never promoted and B) good fighters want no part in being on the undercard, when they could headline a show on their own. Shit... the arena is 80% empty during the undercard fights; that's how pathetic it is.

In boxing, you have to spend 60 dollars for a fight that can last anywhere from 2 minutes to 36 minutes. Whereas with an MMA show, you're guaranteed 3 hours worth of great action. And you know what? You have a choice every single month whether or not you want to order an MMA show. How many times a year can you get excited for a boxing match? 3, tops. That's it. And when you get excited for it, more often than not you're let down, because in boxing today the fights hardly ever live up to expectation. Hell, the only really good boxing fight I've seen this year was Juan Diaz vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, and that was on HBO.

Speaking of HBO.... that's the only time you get boxing on cable. With MMA you're offered a free show every couple of months, and take my word for it... they're all as good as the pay-per-view shows. How come boxing never gives us a free taste of anything? Because it's a greedy ass sport, that's why.

And as far as boxers being better fighters than MMA fighters.... what a load of shit. Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz, BJ Penn, Andrei Arlovski, etc. all could hold their own against the top tier boxers in their respective weight classes, whereas there's not one boxer who could make a transition to MMA and beat someone like Lyoto Machida or GSP. And that's simply a fact.

Just give MMA time to grow and Boxing is turning into crap already. A great MMA fighter can beat up a great boxer hands down. There is so much skill and so many different styles of fighting in MMA plus the sport is growing and Boxing is not. Boxing fights are boring MMA fights are amazing when was the last time you saw a free boxing fight card that had matches half as good as in MMA fight night? So MMA is becoming the next big thing while Boxing fades into nothingness.

In boxing, you have to spend 60 dollars for a fight that can last anywhere from 2 minutes to 36 minutes. Whereas with an MMA show, you're guaranteed 3 hours worth of great action.

In the UFC you're not guaranteed 3 hours, at all. The fights could all end in the first. That would take less than 3 hours, let's be real.

Speaking of HBO.... that's the only time you get boxing on cable. With MMA you're offered a free show every couple of months, and take my word for it... they're all as good as the pay-per-view shows. How come boxing never gives us a free taste of anything? Because it's a greedy ass sport, that's why.

No, it's because each time the boxers has a match, it's their main way of making money. If they gave it away for free, then the boxers wouldn't make nearly as much money. At the end of the day, they need the big payday to continue.

In the UFC you're not guaranteed 3 hours, at all. The fights could all end in the first. That would take less than 3 hours, let's be real.

Sure, it's possible, but how many times has that happened? Never, by my accounts.

Besides, the UFC puts on around 10 fights per show. If all 10 ended in the 1st Round, most people would be very pleased, because let's face it: Finishes > Decisions.

No, it's because each time the boxers has a match, it's their main way of making money. If they gave it away for free, then the boxers wouldn't make nearly as much money. At the end of the day, they need the big payday to continue.

See, catering to the boxers, not giving a damn about the fans. Even fans of the sport admit that boxing doesn't ever feed them a bone. It's pathetic as far as I'm concerned.

Sure, it's possible, but how many times has that happened? Never, by my accounts.

Besides, the UFC puts on around 10 fights per show. If all 10 ended in the 1st Round, most people would be very pleased, because let's face it: Finishes > Decisions.

True, but boxing wouldn't put on a huge show with lots of fights because that's now how the sport of boxing works. It's just the one main fight, and a few undercard fights to help them get known. That's just the way it works.

See, catering to the boxers, not giving a damn about the fans. Even fans of the sport admit that boxing doesn't ever feed them a bone. It's pathetic as far as I'm concerned.

As long as they put on good fights, then who's complaining? What do we want, free fights? That's simple these days, watch the fights online. Sure, they don't do enough for the fans.

Anyway, the whole argument of MMA vs Boxing is stupid. MMA encorporates lots of different styles, that focuses on the whole body. Boxing is only using the upper body, so you can't say oh.. Mayweather vs BJ Penn.. Penn would win because he can take him to the ground. It's two completly different sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back