• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miz vs John Morrison - WWE Championship - Falls Count Anywhere Match.....Next Week???

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Tonight on Raw, John Morrison vowed to relinquish his #1 Contender's spot for the WWE Championship if he lost his match against Alex Riley. Well, Morrison won the match, and after the match he announced that his guaranteed WWE Championship match would take place next week on Raw. It will be a Falls Count Anywhere match, and this raises a lot of questions.

I thought this match would take place at the Rumble, but we're going to see these two go at it next week. There's a chance Morrison could go into the Rumble as the WWE Champion, but I don't see it happening. The Miz hasn't held on to the belt that long, and we're still in the early stages of his WWE Championship reign. I think The Miz could possibly hold on to the title for a little while longer, but I think he will drop the strap at the Elimination Chamber pay per view.

If Miz retains, then where would this leave Morrison? Would he fade into the mid card again, or could this just be a little bump in the road for him? Morrison could win the Rumble, but I don't see it happening, because I don't think he's going to main event Wrestlemania next year. I think that honor will be saved for guys like CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton, or The Undertaker. Or some shady shenanigans could take place, and Morrsion could recieve his rematch at the Rumble. There are a good amount of scenarieos that could play out next week, and it'll be interesting to see what goes down during this WWE Championship match.

As far as the match goes, it should be good. I enjoyed their match at Bragging Rights last year, and I think Morrison and Miz can deliver a good WWE Championship match. We should see a lot of brutality and athleticism in this match, and I'm sure Morrison will dive off of some high spot.

Will The Miz retain his title next week? Will John Morrison win his first WWE Championship?

There's no way Morrison will win the title next week.

Yes, to answer your question, he will just be shoved back down to the mid-card where he'll probably turn heel and attack Daniel Bryan. I see Bryan trying to cheer him up after his loss to Miz by saying, "Sorry John, but you know that's how Miz is."

Then, Morrison will attack him. This will began a feud for the U.S. title.

At least I think so.

But Morrison is NOT ready for the title.

The minute that Morrison told The King he he was taking his shot next week, I was reminded of an Old School Raw. Mankind beat The Rock for the then WWF World Championship just a couple weeks before the Rumble. He dropped it at The Rumble or the MTV Super Bowl Halftime Special. Nevertheless.
This is a perfect opportunity to elevate Morrison. Let millions of people see him beat the MIZ. Give him a test drive with the gold. If they want the MIZ to go to WM with the gold why not? Morrison gets screwed at Rumble and we move things right along. To be totally honest with you this program does need a little spice because we all know Morrison wont come out on top in the end.
Give the fans a great Raw to start of 2011 with a hell of a match and a title change. It will enhance this filler fued before the "Road" begins.

He'll lose next week, but it wont be clean. They will rematch at the rumble. WWE would be foolish to not have this feud continue to build for the next 4 weeks and actually have a well built storyline for the title. No need to screw Morrison over like that. I think he will lose next monday, then claim it was unfair and fight the next week, stipulated that if he wins, he gets a rematch for the belt, if he loses, he goes to the back of the line.

I just find this disappointing, there is absolutely no way Morrison will win the title from Miz so soon. It just won't happen. I do think that Morrison is ready for the title, that match from TLC should have definitely convinced everybody of that and his mic work is getting better.

I have no doubt that next week's falls count anywhere match will be nothing less of amazing and will definitely show that Morrison does deserve to win the title & be in the main event rather than Miz holding the title. But we all know he isn't going to win the title next week. (& we also know that Miz won't have a clean pin next week, I don't think he ever has actually had one since being champ).

It really does seem like that Morrison will be getting buried after next week which would be such a same because he really does have potential and could easily be a future WWE Champion in the near future but then again, I doubt WWE would build him this high just to knock him back down so close to the road to WM.

Morrison wont win, Miz just won the title a little while ago
I see Morrison eventually taking the title from Miz after a lengthy title run
Morrison will lose after an A-Ry attack with the Briefcase leading to a continuation of the Miz/Morrison feud

This isn't the end of Morrison's push. He won't win next week, that's pretty much a sure thing. But just think of it as testing Morrison at a main event level. He's been getting good reactions lately, and if he continues that next week, it can only mean good things for Morrison.

It'll be a good match, since Miz and Morrison have great chemistry, in-ring and on the mic. They definitely bring out the best in each other. I imagine there'll be a dirty finish, with Alex Riley interference, perhaps.

As much as I like Morrison and want him to succeed, he isn't over enough to be world champion yet. He's on the right track, finally, but now is too early to pull the trigger on his world title run. This match and mini-feud will help him get over more, even though he'll lose. The match is nothing more than testing the main event waters for Morrison, but that's the right call. They need to be absolutely sure that Morrison can be an effective top face before putting a world title on him.

While this match will be taking place next week, I still think we will see Morrison and Miz at Royal Rumble. Lets not forget that this is a falls count anywhere match. Pretty much anything could happen. I can see something happening such as interference that would cause the GM to make the rematch at the Rumble. Right now, a match between them at RR just makes sense.

I see Miz retaining with some sort of interference, probably from Riley. Maybe Orton or Sheamus get involved. I would be shocked if Morrison won and we got a second major title change on TV in a little over a month.

Gentlemen I disagree with you all. It's not about Morrison its about MIZ. They are booking him weak as hell. He's gonna drop the belt for two weeks I'm telling you. You have seen this done a million times. Morrison will win next week. Lose at the rumble. Lose in the chamber. Be somewhere in the middle of the card at wm. Then traded to Smackdown.

They are gonna go with the shock value

When it was first announced that it would be a falls count anywhere match next week, I was concerned. Why would they waste a solid match up like this on free television? But the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's probably just a red herring.

A falls count anywhere match means that anything and everything is legal. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Riley get involved with the briefcase not long into the match, allowing the Miz to pick up a quick win. The GM sends an email saying that he is not pleased with the outcome and schedules a re-match at Royal Rumble.

What does this do? Well it doesn't make Morrison look weak since he loses through ambush, so that's an immediate plus. It also gets Miz more heel heat, which is only going to sell more PPVs. Finally, it builds more hype for the match without giving away to much of what the match will be like. It'll give the viewers a quick taste of what the match will look like, and then it will end before any serious action picks up.

I really hope we get to see JoMo at Royal Rumble and I think it's likely that we will, but I still fear that WWE may squander their opportunity next week.

I think Morrison will lose next week and then just be in the Rumble match itself. I think Miz will have a different opponent at the Rumble. I just don't think the WWE is confident in Morrison's ability to headline a PPV, although this would be the perfect one for him to test out Main Event waters as the Rumble Match itself will most likely/hopefully be the main event as that time HHH's match was after the Rumble match was lame.

JoMo beat Sheamus in a FCA just a couple months ago. MIZ cries about the stipulation gets his rematch with his stip.

MIZ vs JoMo at the rumble with Cole as the ref.

Boo! I don't need this crap. Last year the title matches sucked and this year they will suck. Any situation will suck ie Jomo vs Miz (c) 2, Jomo (c) vs Miz rematch clause, Miz vs ?, Jomo vs Sheamus, triple threat or fatal four. Just want Jomo Miz. anything else is just diluted shit.

As much as I wanted to see Morrison and Miz at the Rumble, to me this match signifies that the WWE does not have confidence in building up a title match with Morrison as the Miz's sole opponent.

It's becoming increasingly apparent that that we'll be seeing the Miz and Orton at the Rumble. While a Fatal Four Way match including Morrison and Sheamus would be the best option, I don't see the E doing back to back FFWs on PPV and taking away 4 stars from the Rumble itself.

As much as I love Morrison's in-ring ability, his ability to cut a promo at a championship level is sorely lacking any kind of emotion or desire that someone needs to win (or even chase) the title. How could you not have Morrison get on the microphone after his match with Riley and tell the crowd what the match will be? I don't think I've ever seen that before for a top championship.

It's a shame because I thought they could have used this month plus to really build on Miz and Morrison's history. One could say that they're pulling the plug to fast, but after Raw tonight it proved to me to compete with the Cena/Punk/Nexus angle, Orton has to be Miz's opponent at the Rumble.

I don't believe that anyone seriously thought that JoMo was going to take the title from The Miz during this feud. I think that this feud has primarily been about seeing whether or not Morrison has the stuff to be a headliner. Basically, a test run to see if Morrison can improve upon some of his past weaknesses.

The match should be great next week and I fully expect The Miz to retain. I'm hoping that Morrison simply won't disappear and be shuttled off back to the mid-card scene after only getting a single championship match against The Miz. There's a possibility that it still might wind up being JoMo vs The Miz at the Rumble. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Randy Orton face The Miz at the Rumble as well as having Morrison in the picture as well.

At any rate, it's going to be interesting to see what ultimately happens in the WWE Championship picture over the next few weeks.

I also agree that this is the perfect moment for the WWE to turn John Morrison into the superstar he is capable of becoming. He is one of the most talented wresters in the business today and sooner or later he will be the WWE champion.

I agree and disagree with most people. I do feel John Morrison deserves a title run, but I don't think he will win next week. I feel John Morrison will most likely lose in a controversial circumstance that will lead to a rematch of the feud at the Royal Rumble. However Randy Orton also seems poised to strike Miz as soon as Morrison loses... so I see one of two things happening.

1. Morrison vs Miz at Royal Rumble after a disastrous ending to the match next week.
2. Morrison winning Royal Rumble.

Maybe I like Morrison so much that all my hopes come down on him... but I did call him as the next number #1 contender before it happened and I don't see him going down to the mid cards anytime soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orton interferes in the match next week, causing it to end in DQ. Whatever happens, we know that the WWE is going to end the show on a controversial note. The "anonymous" GM said that 2011 is going to be the best year in the history of Raw. I find that hard very hard to believe but who's to say that they don't start the year off with a big surprise like making an up-coming star, like John Morrison, the next WWE champion.

I easily see Morrison winning the title, and I am a Miz fan. Miz and Morrison hasn't been the main feud for Miz right now. It's Miz and Lawler. This has been going for what, 4 weeks? And Miz completely obliterated Lawler on Raw! You KNOW Lawler is gonna get payback. What better way for Lawler to get payback then to cost Miz his title in the falls count anywhere match (or to give Morrison the save from A-Ry, not actually attacking Miz but letting Morrison get a clean win). I actually thought this was the obvious conclusion of all this, seeing as there has been so little focus on Miz/Morrison and loads of screen time for Miz/Lawler.

If this does happen, I can see a rematch clause for Royal Rumble, and maybe the GM making it some sort of Triple Threat, Fatal 4 Way, or maybe even a Scramble that could involve Lawler, and possibly Sheamus and Orton. Do note that having all these guys be in a match opens up a little room in the rumble match on the card (assuming they do a championship match then don't participate in the rumble). This may allow most of the nexus members to be able to be in the rumble while not killing the overall star power of other people.

The set up for this one has a couple of interesting factors:

1 - The Miz has fallen out to a degree with his lackey Riley who helps him survive most of his matches after the cock up on Raw, this would seemingly be laying the groundwork for Riley to mess up further and develop this divide.

2 - The Miz destroyed The King and that would seemingly lead to The King looking for revenge, and what better way to get revenge than him screwing Miz out of the title next week in a match where he can interfere without getting Morrison DQ'd?

Both of these angles from Raw point to Morrison pulling off the win to me, and yet I'd be shocked if he did win, unless the plan is for The Miz to pick up a clean win over him at The Rumble and get the title back, giving him a bit more credibility than his sneak win over Orton .

Is this because of the fact WWE have been slammed for putting two relatively inexperienced main eventers? Or is this match just going to be a build for a match between them on Royal Rumble?
I, personally, see nothing wrong with them wrestling at Royal Rumble, but if this is Morrison's only title shot, then is it too late to build a storyline for someone to face The Miz?

This will obviously just be used as a tool to further build to their Rumble Match (and possibly beyond). Considering this is Falls COunt Anywhere match heres how I see it going down. They will put on a decent 10-12 minute match (featuring JoMo jumping off something high) to help them get their chemistry sorted for the Rumble then Riley or Cole will interfere costing Morrison the match. The GM will make the match for the Rumble possibly banning Riley/Cole from ringside or something along those lines.

If that doesn't end up happening I will be surprised but I have one other possible yet unlikely scenario. Morrison wins. Similar to Edge in 2006, he would only hold the title to the Rumble for Miz to regain it. It would be used to test the waters of a full on Morrison main event run, see how the crowd reacts to the win, see what kind of numbers he draws etc. Plus it would be a great shock that most people wont see coming and WWE have been on a roll with those this year.

Didn't VKM say to the creative team recently he wants to make the viewers expect the unexpected again?

All of us wrestling enthusiasts say there is no way The Miz will drop the title this soon, especially to Morrison.

Thats why Morrison is going to win the Title next week. No way any of us saw it coming. Feel it out as champ for a few weeks. Perhaps if the crowd is into it, and totally behind him, he will keep the strap. If no one cares, he can drop it back to the Miz at RR.

Well, it is Falls Count Anywhere so the chance for Miz to escape through DQ or Count Out is already out the window. While I want Morrison to win, I think Sheamus is going to interfere here. Somehow, Miz is walking out champion but a rematch will be made at Royal Rumble. These 2 have history and to be honest, that is enough build up for me. This match is finally about the WWE title and not about Cena and Nexus

i doubt this will be the end of miz vs morrsion, i definately see them going a couple months, for one the title matches at thr rumble should never be with two huge guys because its always good for them to be in the rumble, two the elimination chamber is a 6 way so morrison will definately be in that and if the title isnt in the picture anymore then i see them going to mania, maybe even backlash if its going well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back