Miz VS Daniel Bryan

TheBadGuy92

Undertaker, If that is ur real name
Its going to happen, I’m calling it right now. Wrestlemania. From NXT when the miz was Daniel Bryan’s mentor. The HUGE rivalry on smackdown. Daniel Bryan shooting on the miz and his wrestling style. My favorite miz promo ripping Bryan on talking smack. Miz stealing Bryan’s moves. Daniel Bryan’s last match at Wrestlemania winning the IC title. The stare down and smirk on Raw 25 before the miz wins the IC title.

Truth is we all know Daniel Bryan will wrestle again, we just don’t know where. The YES movement is just as over as it ever was. The miz love him or hate him deserves a worthy Wrestlemania match. The WWE would be fools to let Bryan walk.

I think the we finally see the match between the two. As for who wins? That’s for us to discus.

Here's the thing about Daniel Bryan wrestling again: IF WWE clears him and IF he suffers some further sort of trauma, whether it's another concussion or something even worse, then there's no positive way for it to be spun. Aside from the potential ramifications to Bryan himself, it'll make WWE look extremely bad and it might even lend credence to the class action lawsuit that was filed against the company last year. Even IF Bryan signs all sort of papers absolving WWE of any sort of legal responsibilities, the company would still look as though it put the health and safety of someone with mountains of documented head trauma secondary to its bottom line if he were to be injured.

Now, with all that being said, I think it's fair to say that a healthy majority of fans would love to see Daniel Bryan return to wrestle in a WWE ring. Why WWE in particular? I suppose because WWE is the biggest platform and more people would watch it than for any other wrestling company. I wouldn't want to see him get hurt, I don't like any wrestler getting hurt for that matter, but I'm not the man's mother or his keeper so if he's willing to take the risk then, in my opinion, it's all on him.

If/when WWE clears Bryan to wrestle again, it won't be against the Miz but, most likely, Shane McMahon. Miz and Bryan are on two separate brands right now, Bryan only showed up last night for Raw's 25th anniversary celebration and the only time Miz will be on the blue brand is if there's another draft or "Superstar Shakeup" post WrestleMania. Vince McMahon LOVES seeing Shane in wrestling matches for big events because he thinks Shane's a big draw. Miz vs. Bryan would be a really fun program because of how much Miz has evolved over the past couple of years and Bryan, to me, comes off as being more comfortable on the mic and letting his personality out to carry a program without having to rely on his in-ring ability. The two of them feuding over the Intercontinental Championship would be a lot of fun and could be a nice way to transfer Miz into a contender for the WWE Championship once again a little bit down the road.

We're back on this again, really? So they had a face to face on last night's, that doesn't mean that they will wrestled each other. It just mean that they continue the storyline that they hate each other from they're days in NXT, Bryan as his own storyline on smackdown and if he returns to wrestling for mania, it probably going to be some sort of tag match since they're going to be very careful with him.

The WWE would be fools to let Bryan walk.
That's certainly a great point. Bryan is more over than 90% of the entire WWE roster and he's not even active. He wasn't forced and both sides of the fan spectrum like him which can be quite rare; he's over with everybody. I don't see how they can let one of their most beloved stars leave without trying to get him to resign. Maybe that's why they want him heel to really cool down his character before he leaves for good. He can make a lot more money on the indies doing what he loves and maybe he can use that as leverage so maybe they'll let him wrestle at least one more time.
It probably going to be some sort of tag match since they're going to be very careful with him.
If they want to be careful with him, they'll put him in a singles match with The Miz who is known as one of the safest workers currently employed by the WWE.
...Bryan, to me, comes off as being more comfortable on the mic and letting his personality out to carry a program without having to rely on his in-ring ability.
This is actually the best response I've seen to Bryan wrestling again. This isn't Bryan Danielson from ROH or even Daniel Bryan from 2013. This Daniel Bryan has one of the greatest characters ever and he can utilize that in the ring more so than any wrestling move he can do.

If they want to be careful with him, they'll put him in a singles match with The Miz who is known as one of the safest workers currently employed by the WWE.

Yeah maybe, but it's going to be a some sort of multi man tag match. If they're not going to let Angle do a one on one match, i doubt greatly that they would cleared Bryan to do a one on one match with anyone even the safest worker in the company.

I first thought WWE would never clear him but then I thought about Shawn Michaels taking that extended break with the back injury. Maybe they just wanted to let him heel longer before they were willing to clear him. I'm sure he will have to sign off on a huge injury release form that covers WWE from any litigation though. But yes the idea of a Miz vs. Daniel Bryan match would definitely add some serious buzz to this year's Mania card.

Back injuries and head/neck trauma are 2 very different things. It's made especially worse by the ongoing research into CTE and WWE's current lawsuit. People who believe he will wrestle for WWE again are hilariously naive. No amount of money he could potentially make would outweigh the damage if he had an accident or worse. Even signing a million waivers wouldn't avoid the PR nightmare.

I'd be surprised to see something even as horribly bad as Bret Hart's match against Vince McMahon some years back.

The X-factor for me is the fact that Bryan is gearing up for a return to wrestling out of an unabashed passion for the business and the art-form, not because he is on the verge of bankruptcy or embroiled in a substance-abuse related hell. In years past, performers would push themselves back into the ring partially through desperation - not the case here. In addition, I firmly trust that Daniel Bryan knows full-well the risks of a return to the ring and has weighed them carefully. He doesn't come across like an ignoramus plowing headstrong into a situation he knows nothing about.

Sure, if Bryan wrestles and there's an accident, it will be tragic, but no more or less tragic than any wrestler who experiences a career-ending injury. The risk is implied. If WWE is smart, which they are, they'd get ahead of the situation and have all of the talking-heads out there discussing why Bryan's cleared. Get some x-rays in the shot, some brain-scans, a few neurological terms, and abracadabra Daniel Bryan is back for a mediocre feud on the WWE's B-show.

There is currently no test for CTE while you're still living. They're working on it, but there's still no certifiable test. Again, too many unknowns and with a pending lawsuit, they'd be asking for trouble.

And there's also a difference between having an accident in the ring, and having an accident to a known recipient of multiple concussions/neck issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back