Bryan/Miz feud

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
We all know that while they are teasing a match between daniel bryan and the miz, that a match per say will never happen because of Daniel Bryan's neck injury and history with concussion.

We also know that everybody is waiting patiently for samoa Joe to finally make is main roster debut.

This got me thinking, how about using joe debut on the main roster for this storyline.

Here's my idea, we have 4 months left before wrestlemania, smackdown as 2 ppv event left before mania (rumble, and either fastlane or elimination chamber), so why not have daniel bryan continue to give chance to babyface to win the ic title from the miz. maybe build up apollo crews from now until the rumble and give him a title shot at the rumble. Miz would retain and go on to the february ppv.

If they get fastlane then just have somebody like kane get a shot against miz since kane as history with bryan. If they get elimination chamber, just put miz in a elimination chamber for the ic title. In either scenario, Miz retains and gloat even more to bryan which escalate into a full brawl.

That lead you into Wrestlemania. The smackdown after the february PPV you have miz called out Daniel Bryan again on mizTV, he start berating daniel to the point that daniel can't take it anymore and daniel come in and makes a proposition for miz. He reiterate that he can't wrestled anymore but he still has a proposition for him, he will choose somebody to represent him at mania and that the match will be for the ic title. If Miz wins, then bryan leave his spot as gm of smackdown never to come back again, if he lose then bryan can trade miz to anybody that he wants. Miz thinking he got the upper hand accept the challenge for mania. Then from their until mania they keep the suspense on who bryan will bring to mania.

So then at mania,you have miz get to the ring, followed by daniel bryan, miz continue to tease him saying that he got nobody to represent him in this match and that means that he wins by forfeit, bryan takes the mic and said he made a call to a old friend from the indy's, a guy that been in NXT for the past 2 years and is a 2 time NXT champion, and he introduce Samoa Joe, the crowd goes bezerk, they milk his entrance for all is worth then joe gets in the ring attack miz put him in the cocina cluths and win the match in 2 minutes.

Then on Smackdown, you find out that miz and maryse got exchange for sami zayn and sasha banks.

That's my idea for how to book this feud without having bryan wrestles, i would like to know what you guys think and how you would book this feud going foward.

I like your idea and it would be a good way to bring Joe to the main roster and make an impact. But I wouldn't rule out Bryan not wrestling again, we don't know the severity of his neck injury. Bryan has stated publicly that he wanted to get his release and wrestle else where.
With the amount of time they have put into the Miz vs Bryan angle I think we will see a match between the two at Mania. They have a long history together dating back to Bryan's debut in WWE. It gives Miz another high profile match at Mania and gives him something meaningful to do rather then being filler for the ladder match. Of course it gives Bryan a proper send off and get to work on the Grandest Stage of them all one more time. I doubt we will see Bryan wrestling again even on a part time schedule but I would hope he's capable of working one more match.

I really don't see Daniel Bryan back wrestling in a WWE ring. They made it pretty clear that they would not clear him over the concussion issues. Right now they are embroiled in a class action law suit with former wrestlers, and if Bryan came back and was seriously injured that would just add fuel to the fire.

He was offered the SD GM position to keep him in the loop and most likely out of anyone's else's ring. But he has made it no secret that he wants to wrestle again. And I have no doubt that if the WWE released him tomorrow, he'd head off to Japan or elsewhere and start training immediately.

He's becoming famous for saying thing's on Talking Smack that maybe he shouldn't, like bringing up the dreaded TNA word, and things like that. And I believe I read he doesn't care if they fire him or not for doing so. Even the fact that he's about to be a father in a few months has done nothing to quell the fire to get into the ring. Maybe once Brie has the baby he'll change his mind and settle down finally.

The OP's idea is a good one, but I think we'll see Joe at the Rumble. He has nothing really to do in NXT anymore. So maybe bringing him has Bryan's second will happen in January and not April.

MAybe will see joe at the rumble but from what i've heard, they still have plans for him for the next Takeover special plus making him debut at the rumble wouldn'T really help him at all since the focus will be all on Lesnar and goldberg for that event. So unless they have big plan for him at the rumble like maybe be the one that eliminates both goldberg and lesnar from the rumble and go on to win the whole thing which i doubt they will, they are better off waiting until mania or the days after to bring him in.

MAybe will see joe at the rumble but from what i've heard, they still have plans for him for the next Takeover special plus making him debut at the rumble wouldn'T really help him at all since the focus will be all on Lesnar and goldberg for that event. So unless they have big plan for him at the rumble like maybe be the one that eliminates both goldberg and lesnar from the rumble and go on to win the whole thing which i doubt they will, they are better off waiting until mania or the days after to bring him in.
Royal Rumble is an appropriate time for Samoa Joe. He's paid his dues in NxT and needs to be called up. He isn't getting any younger so sooner the call-up, the better for him. Plus, He's accomplished all in NxT. It's been 1.5 years since he debuted in NxT. Waiting for Wrestlemania or after to debut Samoa Joe would be a wrong decision.

ShinChan™;5619149 said:
Royal Rumble is an appropriate time for Samoa Joe. He's paid his dues in NxT and needs to be called up. He isn't getting any younger so sooner the call-up, the better for him. Plus, He's accomplished all in NxT. It's been 1.5 years since he debuted in NxT. Waiting for Wrestlemania or after to debut Samoa Joe would be a wrong decision.

I would argue to the contrary, if you debut joe at the rumble, unless he wins, it will mean nothing because the focus will be all on goldberg and lesnar and if they don't have plans for him during mania season, he will get lost in the shuffle and get put in the andre the giant battle royal or a multi person match for one of the midcard title and joe deserve better then be just another guy on the roster. The way I propose his debut, he makes a big debut on the grandest stage, gets a wrestlemania moment and become a instant superstar on the main roster which is what he deserve.

I would argue to the contrary, if you debut joe at the rumble, unless he wins, it will mean nothing because the focus will be all on goldberg and lesnar and if they don't have plans for him during mania season, he will get lost in the shuffle and get put in the andre the giant battle royal or a multi person match for one of the midcard title and joe deserve better then be just another guy on the roster. The way I propose his debut, he makes a big debut on the grandest stage, gets a wrestlemania moment and become a instant superstar on the main roster which is what he deserve.
I respectfully disagree.

Samoa Joe can easily be booked as strong just like AJ Styles was. He can have a respectable performance at Royal Rumble and then get eliminated by someone which could lead to a personal grudge feud ending at Wrestlemania. Besides, winning either midcard title at Wrestlemania 33 won't be bad either. Of course, AJ Styles Vs. Samoa Joe needs to take place in future.

How about the Miz issuing an open challenge at Wrestlemania? Bryan answers the challenge, just hits his finisher and upsets the Miz. Imagine the pop and the reaction. Following night, Miz attacks and "injures" Bryan, thus taking the title back.

The WWE brass and Shane McMahon then make the ultimate desicion. After what happened at Wrestlemania, Bryan should never again step in the ring, or he'll be fired. Bryan makes his return. Miz challenges him to face him and an angle builds-up where Miz tries to get Bryan fired.

A new hero, though, emerges from NXT, named Shinsuke Nakamura, signed by Daniel Bryan. This whole deal blows up at Summerslam, where Shinuske accompanied by Bryan beats the Miz, to become the IC Champion.

We all know that while they are teasing a match between daniel bryan and the miz, that a match per say will never happen because of Daniel Bryan's neck injury and history with concussion.

We also know that everybody is waiting patiently for samoa Joe to finally make is main roster debut.

This got me thinking, how about using joe debut on the main roster for this storyline.
eh, i dont like that as the way to debut Joe. i feel that Joe should be brought in as via the Royal Rumble, maybe even have him win it!!! then go to Smackdown and take on AJ Styles. i feel that Joe belongs on Smackdown as a top face or top heel (take your pick WWE).

as for Miz and Bryan, i think that Sami Zayn should take on Strowman, get beat up, then after the match, have Zayn demand one more match with Strowman (after he almost upset him) to then have Foley say, he's been traded to Smackdown live for Baron Corbin....then have Zayn take on Miz....have Bryan say that he sees alot of himself in Zayn and have Zayn say that Bryan's his mentor and push Zayn into a feud with Miz where Zayn wins the IC title. as for Joe, again, have him debut on Smackdown as AJ's Wrestlemania opponent for the World Heavyweight Championship. i know some people want Cena vs. Undertaker, but that match can sell without the championship on the line...so i'd go with AJ vs. Joe which would be a show stealer

ShinChan™;5619187 said:
I respectfully disagree.

Samoa Joe can easily be booked as strong just like AJ Styles was. He can have a respectable performance at Royal Rumble and then get eliminated by someone which could lead to a personal grudge feud ending at Wrestlemania. Besides, winning either midcard title at Wrestlemania 33 won't be bad either. Of course, AJ Styles Vs. Samoa Joe needs to take place in future.

the difference was that last year's royal rumble wasn'T based on the 2 biggest names in the company, it was based of the fact that reigns had to defend the title in the rumble so even through we knew the outcome, everybody in that rumble had the spotlight on them. This year it'S another story especially if the rumors are true and they want to put the WWE title on the undertaker going into wrestlemania. Which mean that the whole focus on the rumble will be goldberg and lesnar and everybody else in that match will be afterthought especially if cena is in it because if it'S true that they want taker as champion for wrestlemania, that means that cena will probably win the rumble and anyone wanting to make an impact during the rumble match itself will be fogotten by the time goldberg and lesnar arrive in that match.

The second best scenario outside of my idea for joe would be to have him feud with aj going into mania.

I could be way off here, but I think the Rumble is the right time for Joe and maybe a few others to debut at the Rumble PRECISELY BECAUSE of Goldberg & Lesnar. Those two names are being used to sell the piss out of this event, so the more eyes on it for the debuts of new stars, the better.

The Goldberg-Lesnar fight is going to spill out of the ring and probably a double-count-out or some other ending for those two. They aren't going to be the ones to win it. it's just to push for their final match at Mania.

I like the idea but not sure I like using Joe there only because he is a heel and using him this way would be debuting him as a face since he is not only introduced by Bryan but would be competing against probably the most hated heel the company has right now.

I would rather see Joe eliminate some fan favorites in the Rumble and be the one to knock off the "face" Daniel would choose to defeat Miz in this scenario you described.

the difference was that last year's royal rumble wasn'T based on the 2 biggest names in the company, it was based of the fact that reigns had to defend the title in the rumble so even through we knew the outcome, everybody in that rumble had the spotlight on them. This year it'S another story especially if the rumors are true and they want to put the WWE title on the undertaker going into wrestlemania. Which mean that the whole focus on the rumble will be goldberg and lesnar and everybody else in that match will be afterthought especially if cena is in it because if it'S true that they want taker as champion for wrestlemania, that means that cena will probably win the rumble and anyone wanting to make an impact during the rumble match itself will be fogotten by the time goldberg and lesnar arrive in that match.

The second best scenario outside of my idea for joe would be to have him feud with aj going into mania.
For me, it's still not based on either Goldberg or Brock Lesnar. I guess that it is a known fact that neither of these two are going to win the match. They both are going to wrestle the Royal Rumble so as to start their Wrestlemania 33 feud, be it against each other or against different opponents. It's not like they both are going to get eliminated at last and spend more than 45 minutes. Mostly, 30 minutes. So, there need to be focus on other feuds too.

I don't think that Undertaker should win the title either. He doesn't need it. He's a special attraction who will draw attention without being a champion too. Cena Vs. Undertaker can happen without title too.

Good point about cena vs taker not needed the title at mania but you know that wwe would want to give cena is 16th title reign before it's too late, so if the plans are still to do taker vs cena at mania, I wouldn't be surprise if they use this match for cena to win the belt and tied the champion or on the contrary, have cena win the belt at the rumble and do a title vs career match at mania. One way or the other, I don't see aj as champion going into mania.

So if you decide to bring joe to the main roster at the rumble, you really need to have a plan to make fans care about him right of the bat because it's one thing to be over in nxt but the main roster is another animal completly and joe deserve better then to just feel like another guy on the main roster which could be the case if you just make him a part of the rumble without having him stand out.

Good point about cena vs taker not needed the title at mania but you know that wwe would want to give cena is 16th title reign before it's too late, so if the plans are still to do taker vs cena at mania, I wouldn't be surprise if they use this match for cena to win the belt and tied the champion or on the contrary, have cena win the belt at the rumble and do a title vs career match at mania. One way or the other, I don't see aj as champion going into mania.

So if you decide to bring joe to the main roster at the rumble, you really need to have a plan to make fans care about him right of the bat because it's one thing to be over in nxt but the main roster is another animal completly and joe deserve better then to just feel like another guy on the main roster which could be the case if you just make him a part of the rumble without having him stand out.
If WWE wants to give John Cena 16th World Title at Wrestlemania 33, then I think that Cena should better face AJ Styles instead of The Undertaker.

Cena has never beaten AJ Styles as of now, and he could do it at Wrestlemania 33, while also getting the desired 16th World Title.

There are various options available for Joe to feud at Wrestlemania 33. It could be anyone out of Goldberg, Lesnar, Owens (Remember their NxT history?), Balor etc. He could just survive for a significant time in Royal Rumble and eliminate some credible wrestlers.

OP went one step too far.

Not sure DB can simply trade Miz and Maryse for Banks and Zayn without the agreement of Foley/Steph. And that seems a pretty unfair trade.

Apart from that, I understand your story and it's not too bad.

OP went one step too far.

Not sure DB can simply trade Miz and Maryse for Banks and Zayn without the agreement of Foley/Steph. And that seems a pretty unfair trade.

Apart from that, I understand your story and it's not too bad.

I have to agree that it would be an unfair trade. Banks in involved in one of the best feuds on RAW right now. Actually it is probably the best they have, as they are really doing nothing with Reigns or Owens. Maryse isn't even an active wrestler. It would be like trading Rusev and Lana. Lana is a valet and as much as she plays are part in the Rusev storylines, SD Live needs actual wrestlers.

Also wouldn't want Miz to go to RAW with the IC title, SD needs it. It would only work with let's say Zayn beat Reigns for the US title and then they could do a trade, IC title for US title between the brands. RAW is lopsided with talent as it is, and them having all the titles wouldn't be fair to the SD Live crew. So let Miz drop the title and then trade him, or as I suggested, trade him with the title but bring the US title to SD Live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back