• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miz to SmackDown?

darbare

Getting Noticed By Management
Okay with all the unpredictability in the air with the PPV tonight, and the draft this past week, something doesnt sit right with me. Alex Riley was randomly drafted to SmackDown. This move shouldve really been done on TV, but it wasnt. Then you got ADR who was drafted to RAW who was the top heel on SD. Then he has a match with Christian tonight for the world title, but many are expecting Christian to win. The Miz has also been hinting for weeks ho much disrespect he feel on RAW. With Orton over on SD, and Riley waiting for him, why not have Miz go to SD. While I like this idea, the only tragic part is that Christian doesnt win. I dunno, I think I'm torn over the possibility because Miz going to SD would be fresh, but not at the expense of Christians first world title. My gut has this weird feeling that Vince is never going to have Christian as world champion. Look at the heels on RAW at the moment: The Miz, ADR, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, CM Punk and Nexus, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger. Thats a shitload of heels, then take a look at SD: Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, The Corre,, Sheamus, Alex Riley, all good heels but none are ready to carry a show. On RAW, Punk, Miz, or ADR could carry the show. My gut tells me ADR brings the world title to RAW, Miz brings the WWE title to SD. And then you gotta look at the swerve from monday with Cena to sd back to RAW. They could be serving the fans into thinking Riley and Miz are separated once and for all, only to put them back together. With Jericho claiming he will return, I see him going to SD, where he can pick where he left off with Orton. Then, why not have him and Miz feud at Mania next year over the title. That would be a good lookin Mania with Rock vs Cena, Jericho vs Miz, and Undertaker vs ? (hope its not HHH)

I've been very skeptical of this idea since the first time I heard it. Miz going to Smackdown just doesn't make very much sense to me. They have put so much effort into Miz's current reign that it would make very little sense to move him to the B show at this time, where he's only going to lose momentum. Besides, another program with Orton? Haven't we seen this before?

I think you're looking into this too much. Riley being moved to Smackdown was basically an attempt to capitalize on him while they have the chance. He has gained a decent amount of notoriety from his association with The Miz, and moving him to Smackdown as simply an attempt to see if he can go on his own now. Good move in my opinion.

Besides, I don't want to live in a world where Alberto Del Rio is the World Champion on Raw. I was skeptical that he was ready to lead the brand on Smackdown, but I flat out know it would be disastrous on Raw.

Del Rio has to win the world title tonight.I dont think Vince Kennedy Mcmahon believes that christian could carry the show.Anyway back on topic,i have been thinking bout this lately and i like the idea of it but then we could be seeing a miz orton fued again and that will be stale! alex riley has gone to SD so i wont be surprised to see miz on SD becoz raw is loaded with heels (most of them mid carders) while SD has cody rhodes,Mark Henry and god knows? so miz to SD does seem likely to give them a gd heel along with cody rhodes coz mark henry is worthless to me

No, absolutely not going to happen!

The Miz is the new star, a draft to SmackDown will make him look "smaller" in terms of star power... He need to be on RAW to establish himself as a major player..

Alberto Del Rio can wait, he is in his first year of WWE, they need to establish him (CM Punk is above him on the list of being World Champion)...

The Miz will retain and Christian will be World Champion, its the right thing to do, and not because of Edge, as far as I saw, Christian was in the main event since Elimination Chamber and reports say that he was supposed to turn on Edge at Mania...

The Miz is going to be WWE Champion in RAW, he was the best WWE Champion in 3 years and he deserves that recognition!!
Maybe next year, The Miz can go to SmackDown, but not right now.

I dont think maneuvering around for Wrestlemania already is a good idea. Its not like the WWE storylines are the equivalent of literary chess. I think it would be better to focus on maneuvering things around for Summerslam.

Of all the talent on RAW, I definitely can see them shipping Miz to Smackdown to provide some top card heel action. Lets be honest, in a few months they'll forget all about the draft and the lines between RAW and Smackdown will start to blur again. So just because the Miz wasnt drafted to Smackdown doesnt mean he wont be on that show before Summerslam comes around.

That's the last thing I would want to happen. The Miz can retain for all I care, but Del Rio should in no way win it. Christian has deserved it for a while now and now is the perfect moment for him to finally get it. And if Del Rio is to win, Miz should not retain simply cause four heels having all championships writes in huge letters FAIL!

It'd be a waste to send The Miz to SD! after how he's built up. Doesn't make sense... With that said, watch it happen now because you can never trust the WWE to do what's right.

I think the most logical thing to do is to have Christian win and keep the WHC on Smackdown and send Del Rio to Raw and set him up firmly in the WWE title race, even if he doesn't win it until let's say Summer Slam.

Christian can hold the WHC for a month or two. Bring Jericho back to Smackdown, although I do think this would fail to capitalize on his new DWTS popularity (Raw has too much talent though). Jericho can be the one who takes the title from Christian out of the blue in a very "Y2J style." That sets up a feud between Jericho and Orton for several months as they'd be SD!'s top two.

No, absolutely not. They are still in the process of making the Miz a true set in stone main eventer and if they move him to the 'B' show it'll either bring him down or slow down the process. He can feud with Morrison on RAW, and then head into a big match at Summerslam for the title. He can feud with R-Truth and beat him and make himself look more credible. He can feud with Kofi and possibly raise him to the next level in the process. There are plenty of untouched regions on RAW and it's way way too risky a move to send him to Smackdown and lose all of the momentum he gained over the past year.

Miz going to Smackdown honestly would not have been a bad idea. He has been doing talk shows and public appearances more than just about anybody and he could bring in more viewers to Smackdown by doing these appearances and making sure to advertise his involvement with the brand. People will watch Raw regardless, for brand name value. Smackdown got a great draft pick in Orton but Miz would probably be able to draw in viewers more because he does more PR work for the company than Orton does.

miz should go to smackdown now to fued with christian. since del rio is on raw and will ultimate fued with the new champ john cena (which is a horrible, horrible, move) the miz needs to stay in the title picture to stay relevant, as does adr. it could work, or it could flop big time.

No, absolutely not. They are still in the process of making the Miz a true set in stone main eventer and if they move him to the 'B' show it'll either bring him down or slow down the process. He can feud with Morrison on RAW, and then head into a big match at Summerslam for the title. He can feud with R-Truth and beat him and make himself look more credible. He can feud with Kofi and possibly raise him to the next level in the process. There are plenty of untouched regions on RAW and it's way way too risky a move to send him to Smackdown and lose all of the momentum he gained over the past year.

So youre saying its better for his career to keep him on the "A" show to have him take a step down from his current level, to feud with a mid-carder which will probably result in less camera time than he's getting now, than it is to move him to the "B" show to have him feud with another top-carder, where he'll get just as much time infront of the camera and possibly draw in more viewers?

I may not be a fan of Kofi, but even I think its an insult to turn him into yet another jobber to the stars, especially if its just to keep someone relevant until the writers know what to do with him. The smart move is to move him to Smackdown, and Ill explain why.

The one mistake they made with the draft was bringing over too many of the guys that have alot of unused potential along with the guys that need alot of time infront of the camera for their promo's and adding it to an already full roster. Im talking about the already existing guys like Cena, Miz, Truth, Morrison, and Punk. All of these guys need a minimum of 10 minutes on the mic for their talking segment and thats not including their intros before each match. Then they brought over ADR, Mysterio, Kofi and Mcintyre. I know you guys dont want to hear this, but you know Kharma is going to get alot of camera time because shes the new talent. Basically, theyve overbooked RAW. Sacrifices are going to have to be made.

Unfortunately for Miz, he is the odd man out here. He's already on RAW, so he's not a fresh face. He hasnt reinvented himself and he doesnt have any new storylines going on involving him. Yeah, he'll challenge Cena to a rematch, but he's gonna lose. The focus here is going to be Cena v ADR from now on. We probably wont see much of Punk until his contract issues are over. A Kofi feud doesnt make much sense, since he just won the US title. Besides, Im predicting a three way feud between Kofi, Shameus and Sin Cara. A feud with Mcintyre would be another step down for Miz. So theyre left with 2 logical choices, have him feud with Mysterio (which I admit could be fun) or move him to Smackdown where he can feud with Orton or even Jericho if hes back by then.

I dont see it happening, miz is doing pretty good on raw where he is. Also, now we can see what alex riley can do on his own with out riding shotgun with the miz. Who knows, maybe he can be a mid card guy and move on but i doubt it.

Miz will NOT go to SMackdown. IF they wanted to move him there, he would already be on SD since the draft was last week. The only reason A Riley is on SD is for Miz to establish himself alone without any help. They even started to beef yesterday at Extreme Rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back