• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Miss Angle' is Revealed It's Chyna!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Yup, that Chyna!

I'm sure half of you already knew because of the spoilers, but for those of us who saw iMPACT! live, Chyna was finally revealed to be 'Miss Angle', the mystery tag-team partner for Kurt Angle in his match against Jeff and Karen Jarrett at the upcoming Sacrifice Pay-Per-View!

All discussion here.

You definitely just copy and pasted your same post about the Foley revealing.

Anyways. I think this is a pretty cool acquisition. I was kind of shocked, I figured Chyna to be more of a company loyalist. But I guess since the E doesn't really want her, she went to the next best place. I honestly don't see this lasting too long though. We all know how TNA... err Impact Wrestling.. has been with older talent after they debut. One good run for a few months than back to obscurity.

*Yawn*

Seriously, TNA....sorry, I mean Impact Wrestling is really reaching to try and bring old names in. Chyna (how long until WWE tries to get Panda Energy to stop using THAT name) hasn't been relevant in years. She made a joke out of herself when she did that stupid reality show, has been out of the public eye for years. Most casual fans only really know her because of her sex tape with Waltman.

TNA.....damn it, I mean Impact Wrestling, is again starting to look like a "Legends of Wrestling" show. Maybe it's time they retire the old World Wrestling All-Stars World Title.

She looks good. Ass is too big tho.

By the way, thank you everyone who spoiled the shit out of this as soon as the spoilers came out in the "Who is Miss Angle?" thread.

"Oh .. maybe it's ... CHYNA?"

Nice move. I'm glad you didn't spoil The Wildcat's return as well.

Chyna is definitely a better move than Isis the Amazon for me. Looking forward to what she'll do in TNA.

She looks good. Ass is too big tho.

By the way, thank you everyone who spoiled the shit out of this as soon as the spoilers came out in the "Who is Miss Angle?" thread.

"Oh .. maybe it's ... CHYNA?"

Nice move. I'm glad you didn't spoil The Wildcat's return as well.

Chyna is definitely a better move than Isis the Amazon for me. Looking forward to what she'll do in TNA.

Yeah, I can't stand spoilers.. I like being surprised, there's not too many surprises in wrestling anymore.. but it's nice to not know who shows up.. and not only was Chyna's debut spoiled, some also spoiled Chris Harris' return for me as well.. guess i need to stay away from WZ forums until after Impact on Thursdays :)

anyway, I'm actually excited.. I've always been a fan of Chyna, at least until she messed herself up and did that stupid reality show and looked like a complete idiot.. I hope they do something with her, but she'll probably be gone after this Karen Angle feud ends

*Yawn*

Seriously, TNA....sorry, I mean Impact Wrestling is really reaching to try and bring old names in. Chyna (how long until WWE tries to get Panda Energy to stop using THAT name) hasn't been relevant in years. She made a joke out of herself when she did that stupid reality show, has been out of the public eye for years. Most casual fans only really know her because of her sex tape with Waltman.

TNA.....damn it, I mean Impact Wrestling, is again starting to look like a "Legends of Wrestling" show. Maybe it's time they retire the old World Wrestling All-Stars World Title.

its her legal name, wwe cant do shit about it.

personally it just absolutely reaks of desperation in my opinion...both for tna and chyna. tna wanted another former wrestling personality that 16 year olds only know from their dad's stories and chyna wanted to be in a place where she could score more drugs. so it worked out for both sides.

This is kind of a big name for TNA. I read that Vince is furious, but when is he not furious nowadays. I don't think it will change ratings or PPV buys. She looks healthy at least, kinda like Tim Curry with boobs. As long as she isn't let anywhere near a mic, it will be good. The big questions are is she able to perform in the ring, and how long will she be there? Will see fight the knockouts or the men next?

those tits are HUGE! my goodness. I knew she had surgery before when she was in WWE, but they weren't this big then. IMO these are just too big. what happens when she gets knocked down, she will be like a turtle on it's back because the weight of those tits will be just too much.

I dunno. For me, it just sort of feels like TNA going back to the old standby of bringing in older & established names for the sake of generating short term interest via nostalgia.

As far as Chyna goes, I'd probably be more excited if Joanie Lauer resembled the Chyna of old. While she does look generally healthy from what I could tell, she no longer even remotely has the musculature that she once had. That's a shame because her look is really what made her stand out. Now, she just mostly looks like an attractive middle aged woman that's obviously had a lot of plastic surgery done to her. Chyna was never all that good in the ring nor on the mic. She was at her peak when she had this silent, brooding thing going on back in the days when she was jacked. It's great that she's no longer using steroids, don't get me wrong about that. It's just that Chyna is someone that I've always thought was limited. She didn't have the typical beauty that WWE, WCW, ECW or TNA has look for for much of the past decade and a half when it comes to female characters. On top of that, as I said, she was never that good in the ring or on the mic so what was really left for her except that unique look?

As far as her future with TNA or Impact Wrestling or whatever the shit they ultimately decide to call it, and I hope that they clarify whether or not TNA is changing its name or if that's just the new name of the tv show, it might just be a short term thing. She might just be gone after Angle's feud with Jarrett is finally over.

I was SHOCKED when Kurt's mistress was revealed to be Chyna I was about 100% sure that it was going to be that Isis the Amazon who was cut from the diva season of NXT I'm very glad that they didn't and went with Chyna instead. She looks to be in good shape and healthy so thats a Very Good It will be interesting to see how she does this Sunday at Sacrifice. As for her future in TNA I've read reports that is she only was to be involved for two appreances the one she had tonight and at Sacrifice and based on how it goes she might or might not be brought back.

This was a pretty interesting moment. The 9th wonder of the world is back. They definitely delivered with this one. I have no idea what the longer term outlook might be for Chyna but honestly it doesn't really matter. Short term it is a great fit that should generate some extra buzz. Never hurts to slip one by Vince even if it isn't that big of a deal.

I believe this is just a desperation move by TNA. Especially with WWE bringing bback The Rock and mixing things up with the draft. TNA is just attempting to compete with the ratings they get by bringing in someone who was popular a long time ago.

i believe Vince was furious cause from what i seen, he was potentially thinking of her to be in the hall of fame next year and after it was announced Impact had acquired her, he scrapped that idea quickly. now how she'll be used is questionable. unless she's been "practicing" with Kurt, this match is going to resemble two trains colliding. it ain't going to be pretty. Kurt and Jarrett will carry this one and will let the two ladies have their 20 second spots lol

I REALLY did not expect it to be Chyna, and I think its great that she is using her WWE ring name, that made her famous. I would have hated for her to come back in as Joanie Laurer or a play on the name Chyna.

I know she gets a lot of shit for her limited ring work, but she was easily one of the most entertaining women in wrestling in the late 90s, and I am sure she can still go. I think its great for her as well to be back in wrestling, she has had a lot of personal problems and I hope she has managed to sort them all out and can make a go of it in TNA.

Plus, with WWE introducing Kharma, the orignal ass-kicking women returning will take a bit of a shine off that, benefitting TNA. So a good move all round I think. The only negative is the rumours flying around that Chyna was going to be added to the WWE HOF next year, so maybe this will cause that to be scrapped, if she remains in TNA for any amount of time.

I believe this is just a desperation move by TNA. Especially with WWE bringing bback The Rock and mixing things up with the draft. TNA is just attempting to compete with the ratings they get by bringing in someone who was popular a long time ago.

Just like bringing back Booker, Nash and The Rock was desperation.

Anyway...I cant believe they were allowed to use the name Chyna. Expect Vince to assemble the squad of lawyers.

Pretty good on TNA's behalf to keep her coming a secret. I did not see anything on her before the tapiings (same for Chris Harris too)

Would hav been a HUGE pick up about 5 years ago or when Gunn/Dogg were in TNA.

Booker was brought back so that he could become an announcer.

Nash was brought in for a pretty regular (it happens almost every year) nostalgic moment during the Royal Rumble (and hasn't been seen in the four months since).

The Rock was brought in to feud with John Cena and because he wanted to return to the WWE in some capacity - which is what he had been wanting to do for a long time.

Chyna coming in now is TNA trying to take some of the luster off of the WWE's early success with Kharma. Nothing more, nothing less.

Chyna coming in now is TNA trying to take some of the luster off of the WWE's early success with Kharma. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is pure ridiculousness... nothing more, nothing less. TNA bringing in Joanie Laurer has absolutely no connection to WWE using Awesome Kong(who TNA RELEASED BTW). The two have absolutely zero connection.

Instead Chyna was brought in to be the ultimate equalizing foil in the Angle/Jarrett situation due to the fact we remember her as an imposing figure(which, while she is not so jacked-up now, compared to the average female in the industry she still stacks up as that IMO), but more importantly because of her history with Jeff Jarrett. TNA knows that wrestling fans(atleast ones that aren't teenagers or flash-in-the-pan fans) remember quite well that JJ lost his final ever WWE match to Chyna, dropping the IC belt in the process, before jumping to Nitro. This is there way of playing off that real between-the-ropes history. I think it is very logical.

I have to give props to TNA for this. Chyna has name value and was definitely a surprise. She's also a way better decision than Isis the Amazon, who by all accounts is terrible in every way except her size. A female Khali if you would. So, good job, TNA, for delivering with a big surprise.

Now, while the initial surprise and how it looks on paper may be good, what remains to be seen is if Chyna can keep her personal life in check. She's notoriously fallen apart since her WWE days and used to have a really big ego. On top of that, she hasn't wrestled in, what, ten years? She must have some major ring rust. If she can not let her demons take over and can not look too bad in the ring, then all in all I'd say that TNA did right by me.

Bottom line: Big name, good surprise, but I'll wait to see how her planned appearance goes before labeling this a complete success.

I was really excited for this weeks show but thought bringing in chyna was dumb. I just hope its just a one time thing. I do not want to see her on a weekly basis.

first let me say i would hit it.

okay, now back to the thread. i think they will see how well she goes over on the ppv and take it from there. right now, there are reports that she is working on a handshake-type deal for last night's appearance and the tag match with angle.

personally, it would be cool if she stayed. i loved watching her way back when.

Anyway...I cant believe they were allowed to use the name Chyna. Expect Vince to assemble the squad of lawyers.

Loud Price is right buzzer sound. They can use it because Chyna did the same thing that the Ultimate Warrior did, so Vince can try and bitch about it but TNA can use the name Chyna all they want.

I see no reason to be excited over this. Chyna is a joke. A walking, talking, human joke.

I'm guessing she came cheap, so it's really not a big deal. Her name hasn't drawn a dime in years, and won't in TNA either. But, I suppose this is better than Rosie Lottalove, or something similar.

I just have no interest in seeing Chyna again, whether it be in TNA, WWE, or anywhere else. As I said earlier, she's a joke, no less than Waltman is. However, this supposedly angered Vince McMahon to no end, so I guess that can be considered some sort of victory...?

Booker was brought back so that he could become an announcer.

Nash was brought in for a pretty regular (it happens almost every year) nostalgic moment during the Royal Rumble (and hasn't been seen in the four months since).

The Rock was brought in to feud with John Cena and because he wanted to return to the WWE in some capacity - which is what he had been wanting to do for a long time.

Rock was brought in because Wrestlemania was looking to be the biggest flop in history (Oh it was anyway) and they needed some star power to get it over the line. Nothing more nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back