Million Dollar Men in Wrestling

S prince

Occasional Pre-Show
It feels good to be back from my week suspension from posting for accidentally spamming, but oh well. I was wondering, who are the wrestlers in WWE and/or maybee maybe TNA that make at least a million dollars a year?

My guess would be the obvious ones: Triple H, John Cena. After that, I think maybe Orton might hit the million mark, probably Edge(atleast i hope so because hes my favorite) and maybe Jericho because hes been around forever as well. Undertaker and HBK, I just don't see them making a million a year because they've been around so long their not as active week to week and present at every house show to be deserving of the million. So if anybody has any guesses as to who does or who you think is within a year or so of making that cash, please share! Hopefully I'm not spamming, I'd hate to be gone for another week.

If I remember correctly, The Undertaker makes at least a million a year. Yeah, he doesn't work as much, but his name value alone makes the WWE a ridiculous amount of money.

Putting together information from a variety of sources including speaking to some people, reading superstars books and interviews, and "internet reports" I'd say there are quite a lot more making 1million plus than you think. I don't think their salary is 1million, but I'm sure with salary, merchandise and ppv cuts, royalties and other stuff, you can easily clear a million.

I remember reading an article where Stone Cold claimed when he first cam to WWE he was making "only $400,000" and the article went on to say he said this in front of guys making "in the 70s" but this was a Wrestlezone report so it's probably not all that credible. In Jerichos book be mentions that in his first run with WWE he never made less than a million a year (maybe 2mil, I don't recall). In fact, it was widely reported that Mark Henry's (yes Mark Henry) original contract was 10years/10million - and he resigned. Now I'm sure the salaries have come down quite a bit with the lack of a competitor like WCW, but I'm sure it's still there. At least the potential is.

WWE guys that I think could make a million, factoring in salary/merchandise/bonus etc: Orton, Batista, Big Show, Cena, Michaels, HHH, Jericho, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Mysterio and the Undertaker. Guys like Kahli, Punk, Matt Hardy, and I guess Mark Henry if his old contract is matched could potentially do it.

As for TNA, I can tell you for a fact that no one is making 1million a year. I believe that Stings contract is for 500k and I think Angles is 400k. Again, those are "reported" numbers, but no one is TNA is making $1,000,000...at the moment.

I believe stars like Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and The Undertaker are at the million probably more. I've read that stars like them don't have to pay for hotels or their first class tickets to events. Bret Hart got 3 million for 3 years by signing with WCW which Vince said he cant top it but offered him a 20 year contract for much less money.

Big Show has a 1,000,000 dollar contract. shawn, Triple H, Taker, Cena, Orton, and Jericho probably hit that. But when you throw in all the merchandise, movies, ticket sales, ETC. They make much more than 1 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back