• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes OR "Million" Dollar Ted

Ted has his father's gimmick with no charisma or personality. He is a very bland character and no matter how many hot valets he has, fancy suits, or even the million dollar belt. Ted will just be a cheap knockoff of his old man with that gimmick. I'm not too thrilled with the Dashing Cody Rhodes gimmick, but at least its something different. At least he isn't called the American Dream or dressing up in gold tights like his other family members. You can separate Cody from his dad and brother. Ted's gimmick is just too old and bland to care about.

I have to say, like when Miz & Morrison broke up, I predicted JoMo would hold the WHC before the Miz, and I said Dibiase would get the push before Rhodes. I think when Dibiase started the Million $ Gimmick, I expected great things, his mini feud with Christian & Ted Sr. was good but the trust fund story seemed to fizzle out.

On the other hand, I didn't expect Rhodes to do much, he became the 'Uncommon' Cody Rhodes which I thought was a bit stupid, but The Creative Team seemed to strike gold with his Dashing Gimmick. It's the complete opposite of his fathers Common Man gimmick, his ring work is good, and his promos every week on SD! are good.

So I like both gimmicks, but I think Rhodes has more potential.

Be serious here; how can you possibly not say "Dashing" Cody Rhodes?

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of The Million Dollar Man. I may not have been watching when he was active, but through the power of Youtube I've watched a ton of old matches and segments featuring him. He had incredible charisma and ability to pull the gimmick off in a fantastic manner. I loved it when he guest hosted RAW and showed that he STILL has all that. His son, however, does not. His son is pretty darn boring, on the mic and in the ring. It pains me to say it, because I've met the guy and he's really nice, but he just isn't particularly interesting, even with the MDM gimmick.

Cody Rhodes, on the other hand, is awesome. He is far Ted's superior in mic skills, as his voice is just so much more fun to listen to. He's also fun to watch in the ring. On top of that, he's found a gimmick that truly fits him and he's milking it for all it's worth. The Dashing gimmick is hilarious and easy to hate, and the segments make me laugh and cringe at the same time. Cody's acting in them is excellent.

As of right now, Cody is way better than Ted. And that means he's going to go farther.

Dashing all the way Cody is trying very hard to be compelling and new, wheres Ted is retreding his fathers gimmick with no real innovation beyond having a female valet(who is more over then him btw).

Also his lack of charm and his wooden delivery make him a bore to watch. When he is out in front of the crowd i swear it seems like he has a little bit of stage fright as well which acconts for his woodeness.

i think cody rhodes he has the look better on the mic and in ring, he has personallity. I see ted doing nothing really just doesnt seem fit to be a champ and is boring. he has to stop the million dollar gimmick and establish himself

I love how the IWC, in the beginning when Ted Jr. made his debut everyone was on his skills, and delivery on the mic. Time passes, same dry tone and all of sudden everyone has always said he was poor.

Anyhow, I do not like Ted at all. Decent in the ring, boring on the mic, same gimmick as his dad, and oh my god do I hate that belt.

At least Cody is trying his best with a rather campy gimmick. that alone is worth to saying Cody, add in the fact all facets Cody is still better.

Why was I shocked to discover that Cody Rhodes has a lisp? I suppose that just goes to show how little time on the mic he was given during his tenure with Legacy. Or just perhaps how little I cared. Ted DiBiase has had people on his bandwagon since he was in Developmental, and from Day One I shouted and screamed at them from the roadside "Cody is better than Ted". They simply spat down on me and continued on their merry way as Ted was set to become the golden boy, performing wicked sexual acts to the thought of him. The Marine 2 was sure to be a box office hit right?

If we look at their careers a year onwards, I think there is no doubt Cody has a birghter future, without having actually, you know, achieved anything. He does everything better in my opinion, and has done it without the IWC pushing him to be the next big thing. He has better matches, regardless of John Morrison nearly committing suicide fortnightly in order to drag a good match out of DiBiase. He has a better gimmick, even without the prestigious belt and the French blonde valet. He gives better promos, even battling through this lisp and his ancestry of having a blithering madman for a father. (He got a bicycle!) And he still hasn't even had a title run yet. Almost criminal.

You gotta go with "Dashing" Cody Rhodes here. Ya just can't help but like him, even though hes a heel. I just LMFAO every time I see him, with "grooming tips" and the way he turns around on stage to check himself out on the screen.:lmao: Then I very much enjoy watching him perform.I've noticed him improving since his 1st day on SD.

As for "Million" Dollar Ted, I like the gimmick. You know, like father like son. That's all good, but I just don't see much in Ted DiBiase Jr. I find him to be average in the ring, and way below average on the mic or promos.

This is what I posted back in April and I think it's truer than ever.

I've always liked Rhodes. I think he's going to become big some time in the future. The WWE obviously trust him more than DiBiase right now and it's for good reason. If anyone checks out supertars and watches his match with Shane they'll see that he's good and getting better. He basically carried that match, and I believe he was calling it to. I don't think the WWE would let someone have a match with Shane unless they trusted him. He just needs to be on TV more, have some more matches and work a little on his wrestling, as well as his promo work. As he's smaller than Ted, I'd love him to be a bit more high flying, but he's muscular enough to pull off the role he has now. I think he has the potential to be a real great.

Cody Rhodes new gimmick is far fresher and more entertaining than Ted DiBiase's. The spoiled rich boy is not only a rehashed idea in the WWE, but is also extremely prevalent throughout popular culture. I can think of many movies, television shows, etc. where the main villain is a rich guy (to name a few, 10 Things I Hate About You, Gladiator, and about 5 different Disney films.)

While the pretty boy isn't totally unheard of in either the WWE or pop culture, it is certainly less used, and rarely used to perfection, and I'd say "Dashing" Cody Rhodes is pretty close to playing the role perfectly. He needs to find a way to develop a winning attitude in addition to his good looks, but of course, his looks should always come first.

Ted DiBiase is doing a pretty god job as Million Dollar Man Jr., but Cody's new persona has been extremely impressive thus far.

I also have to go with 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes. At the moment he is the more exciting prospect. He has the wrestling ability, can cut a decent promo, and has just the greatest theme imaginable. It's right up there with Zack Ryder's as the most catchy.
He has the tools to be successful, his only real downfall is that he doesn't look like much of a threat. But Rey Mysterio has proved you don't have to be big to win main event matches.
I have mentioned this before but a Cody and Dolph programme together could get them both over. Be it a feud or as a tag team. I think they just have potential to work great together.

I have no idea what else they can do with Ted DiBiase. They give him a gimmick that gave his father relative success, and he has Maryse. They even had him go over Randy Orton inside the Raw Elimination Chamber. And still he struggles. He just drifts in between feuding with John Morrison, another lost in the shuffle, and having meaningless skits with guest hosts.
Maybe he needs a new environment to work in. Smackdown is a great place for mid-carders to go and prove themselves as wrestlers and personalities. Maybe being drafted there will kick start his career successfully.

In my opinion, I really think both are very boring to watch on TV. Ted's Million Dollar Championship gimmick is crap. So is Cody's crappy "dashing" gimmick. Makes me think its a ripoff of Rick Martel sorta.

I like Dashing Cody Rhodes more, why well because he isn't doing what Ted is doing and carry around a belt which his Dad once had.Ted hasn't gone away from his father but gone closer to his fathers gimmick and I don't think that is the right thing to do.Cody is on Smackdown and winning, his gimmick is cool and he plays it well.Ted bores me because I have already seen the whole Million Dollar thing done.Cody wins here because he plays his role better than Ted and plays a heel better than Ted.

Dashing Cody. On Smackdown, he is getting alot more exposure, and mic/promo time, he cut the promo of his career a few weeks ago, and most of all, he is actually doing something. Ted was briefly feuding with John Morrison, and then Morrison moves on to other things, and leaves DiBiase behind. Cody also plays his Role alot better, and is more entertaining.
So Dashing Cody for me!

Dashing one is the better one.

Teddy is bland.His gimmick and feuds are full of vanity.He also isn't as good as Cody in terms of in-ring ability.Holding a belt which was introduced 20 years ago and most of current WWE fans have no idea or interest in it doen't help him.

Cody is something fresh.He has a new gimmick , a cool theme-song , he actually can wrestle , and is getting more over with fans.

Cody is the better one , but it doesn't mean he will end up in a better situation than Ted.WWE is capable of doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back