• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes OR "Million" Dollar Ted

I really don't particularly like either of them and think neither are talented enough to be in WWE without their heritage behind them. But, I'd also have to say Rhodes, because I like his knee out of the turnbuckle move and he's better on the mic.

Also: they are both pretty unoriginal gimmicks. Rhodes gimmick is probably even less original, but there isn't the direct comparison of father-to-son. Imagine "Cowboy" Randy Orton; that'd be a disaster.

This time last year, I would have said Ted easily, but the new gimmickshave changed my mind alot...

I have to say Cody because his gimmick soimething new, its kinda like them wrestlers who think they sexy, but this one I haven't seen, he comesout,looks athimselfin the mirror which is the coolest thing I have seen..

The reason I haven'tgone with Ted is because we have seen his gimmick before and well he won't be able to play the role better no matter who is on his side...

Cody by a long shot, and I think it's remarkable how Legacy has worked out post-draft. Rhodes was labelled as a 'future-endeavour' and Ted was touted as a future world champ in the future. Rhodes has carried on the tradition of the supplemental draftees having just as big an impact as the main draftees such as Morrison in '09 and Kofi in '08.
Looking at Rhodes, i think he seems more fresh with the audience because the traits he has borrowed from past stars such as 'Ravishing' Rick Rude don't seem so obviously re-hashed, whereas Ted's gimmick is so blatantly took from his dad. I'm not saying it's a bad thing; on the contrary, nothing of Ted's gimmick has really changed so the IWC must enjoy the re-hash. But I think Cody has had a fresh start and I can see him with IC gold by October.

First off, congratulations WWE on creating two new (well one new, one kind of, erm... semi-new) gimmicks at such short notice.They are both very good and I enjoy seeing them each week.

'Dashing' Cody Rhodes. His character has been perfectly executed so far. His entrance is fantastic. He checks himself in a mirror. Who has a mirror on the stage?! Then he walks down to some music which far too 80s for my liking. But it works, just like his character. His grooming tips segment was good and I even saw him say to Kofi last night "watch the face!". It's the little things that I like about him.
However, i'm going to go for Ted DiBiase...

""Oh Ted is just copying his dad", "Ted is rubbish, he just stole his father's gimmick" - So? Look at the similarities. His father was a professional wrestler, his father was also a great heel and his father was called Ted DiBiase. The is no way he was not going to be the 'Million Dollar Man'. And when his planned face turn didn't go according to plan, the process was just speeded up. He looks great with the Million Dollar Championship, the suits and Maryse on his arm. It all seems to fit well. He is like an updated version of his father. A modern wrestler look, a normal suit which isn't over the top like Ted Senior's and a contemporary theme. The impressive thing is that he has made the character work despite sufffering a major blow. He has had his own stable scrapped or postponed because of his brother's injury. If the proposed 'Fortunate Son's' stable went ahead, he would be even better.

Cody, by a million and ten miles. My goodness how hilarious, hateable, and overall entertaining is his new gimmick? Sure, Ted is alright, but they need to go the WHOLE way with the MDM thing, give him the theme music, get him a bodygaurd, really roll with it. Right now, he does little to nothing on a weekly basis.

Cody on the other hand...Awesome vingettes, awesome theme, great entrance, and VERY entertaining in the ring. Here is a question, when you tune in to RAW, do you think to yourself "I cant wait to see what Dibiase does tonight!".....I am pretty sure many people see Rhodes as the highlight of the mid-card. I see him as the number one shot to take the IC title off of Kingston.

I would have to go with Cody Rhodes. I always supported him over Ted in the legacy, and with his new gimmick people are taking an interest in him while the tired Million Dollar Man has just made Ted seem like second rate not being able to get over with out dear old dads gimmick.

So I would be giving the win to Cody just for the fresher and more charismatic approach, to make him self interesting, and in a midcard that while not as packed as the RAW scene, he has a lot of potential to become the number one contender for the IC Championship.

Ya' know, at one point, I would have said Ted. They were grooming him to be the break out star from Legacy, and had him set up perfectly for a face turn. Then, nothing. He started using his father's gimmick and brought out the Million Dollar Championship.. Thus, going from saying he was better than his father, to.. for lack of a better word, stealing his father's gimmick.

Now, with Cody.. Once they moved him from Smackdown, it seemed like they weren't sure what to do with him. At first, nothing changed. Then, they slap the whole, "Uncommon Son, of a Common Man" label on him, which I actually liked. He had that for what, two weeks? Suddenly, that morphed into what we have now, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes.

So, who's the better of the two? I've got to go with Rhodes. Gimmick-wise, he's already got the edge on Ted, simply by not using his father's gimmick in an attempt to get over. In ring work? At one point, Ted was the better of the two, but now? Cody has improved a great deal, while Ted is boring and sloppy at times. Mic work? Cody takes this one, hands down. Even with his slight speech impediment, he's still better than Ted. Cody's charisma comes out in every promo, while Ted is very, very.. VERY boring. I find myself flipping through the channels when Ted speaks, but Cody as of late has been very entertaining.

So, without question, I give the edge to Cody. He'll be a solid Intercontinental Champion at some point, and may even beat DiBiase by a World Champion first. Only time will tell, I suppose.

I've said it all along and I'll say it now, 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes is superior to Ted Dibiase, certainly as of right now in my opinion. Each week, Cody comes out and has an entertaining match and improves on the mic....his backstage promos and skits have also been fun to watch. Now that he has an actual gimmick, Cody appears to be going from strength to strength and I think he will become a real asset to WWE in the future.

Ted on the other hand has been lumped with his dad's gimmick, which Ted Sr. played far better I feel....to me Ted doesn't seem to have the same spark on the mic or in the ring as Cody Rhodes does and that's why I have to put Cody above Ted at this point. Nevertheless, I do think Ted has what it takes to become a key player but I'm not so sure that using a recycled gimmick is the right way to go about it...he seems to be struggling more than Cody at garnering a reaction from the fans, even with Maryse strapped by his side.

I also think Cody could use a valet, simply because it would compliment his new 'Dashing' persona, as he could have some woman lust after him and hold a mirror for him as he makes his way to the ring. Overall, Rhodes takes this for me (as he always has). And not to forget, Cody has real cool entrance music which is actaully fitting of his new character.

Seeing a man groom his eyebrows better than he wrestles amazes me. He is still around because of who his father is. Dibiase at least can make a match look good with whoever he gets in the ring with. Plus, when he comes out we know Maryse will be there. Can Rhodes say he has a hot ass Diva with him? Rhodes needed to have a tag team partner (Holly or Dibiase) to make him look better than what he was. I would have to say Dibiase, mainly because he wrestles better than he grooms and Maryse.

Originally Posted By minionofdarkness:
He is still around because of who his father is.

Can't say I agree with that, at all. When Rhodes was in Legacy, I can see why some people may have had that view, even though I myself never thought that way. But to say he is only around now because of his dad is just wrong in my view. Let's not forget, it's Ted Dibiase who is using his dad's own gimmick, Cody Rhodes isn't borrowing anything from Dusty Rhodes anymore. Ted Dibiase is simply fast becoming a weaker version of his father, at least Rhodes has an original gimmick. If anyone is only still around because of who their father is, you would have to say it was Ted Dibiase surely, because without his dad's Million Dollar persona, who knows where Ted jr. would be now...

Dibiase at least can make a match look good with whoever he gets in the ring with.

Like who? Who has he even wrestled lately? Last time he appeared in a singles match on PPV it was against R-Truth and that wasn't overly impressive, although in fairness he was concussed. Everyone will have their own opinion, as you clearly do, but I'll take a Rhodes match currently over a Dibiase match. In my opinion, Rhodes' matches with John Morrison, Christian and Kofi Kingston have been superior to what Ted Dibiase has done since going solo. The week after Cody Rhodes wrestled Morrison, Ted had a match with him on Raw and again in my opinion, it didn't compare to the match Morrison had with Rhodes on Smackdown only a week earlier...

Plus, when he comes out we know Maryse will be there.

But that has nothing to do with Ted Dibiase being a better performer than Cody Rhodes surely? Maryse is hot no doubt, but the fact that you are choosing Dibiase over Rhodes in part because of who he comes out with demonstrates that Ted needs Maryse to make him appear more interesting, whereas Rhodes doesn't need to come out with a diva (although I think a valet could work well for him given his new persona).

Can Rhodes say he has a hot ass Diva with him?

Nope. But then again, he doesn't need one. Ted on the other hand may have been put with Maryse in part to get him over and to garner a larger reaction than the one he is able to pull on his own. Besides, who a wrestler comes to the ring with has nothing to do with how good they are on their own. In fact, normally a wrestler will be paired with a diva/manager whenever they are unable to get over based solely on their own abilites. Take that to mean whatever you will in regard to Ted Dibiase...

Rhodes needed to have a tag team partner (Holly or Dibiase) to make him look better than what he was.

Can't say I agree here either. When Rhodes first came into WWE, he feuded in a small program with none other than Randy Orton. To me that demonstrates that WWE had faith in him, that they would bring him straight up from developmental and put him against a top star is quite flattering on Rhodes' part I think. Don't forget, when Dibiase came to WWE he was instantly put in a team with Rhodes (who as I mentioned already had a run on his own). So if anyone needed to have a partner to make him look better than he was, surely it was Dibiase in this context? If Ted was so good on his own, why did WWE immediately put him with Rhodes, rather than have him go out on his own first as they had allowed Rhodes to do a year prior?

I would have to say Dibiase, mainly because he wrestles better than he grooms and Maryse.

While I like both, I would have to say Rhodes, mainly because he wrestles better, can talk better and is just overall more interesting at this juncture than Ted Dibiase.:)

I've never been interested in DiBiase so I'm going to have to pick Rhodes. He's my favorite on Smackdown in terms of in-ring work because he wrestles a old school style yet it doesn't seem boring. His new gimmick is working very well for him and he could be the #1 contender for the IC title besides Ziggler. They really need to push this MDM gimmick if DiBiase is going to succeed. Right now, Rhodes is miles ahead of DiBiase.

I personally prefer Ted (I cannot stand Cody Rhodes, in fact i'd go as far to say that he is my most hated wrestler) At the moment though Rhodes's gimmick is probably working better. Ted's gimmick isn't really doing much, remember when Ted snr used to stuff the money in the jobber's mouth, and the promo's where he'd pay the crowd to carry out embarrasing tasks etc (the one where he kicked the basketball from the little boy was class). So Ted jnr needs to pick up his game, get better promo's going, and all in all have a bit of 'character'.
If they do go ahead with the 'Fortunate sons' stable, and with Ted as the leader then he may get a decent push. It'll be a good idea to have him paying these 2ng gen stars to be his back up.
Possibly they should have also traded Ted to Smackdown where he may have got a bit more tv time?

He is a better wrestler than Ted and he is better on the mic too
i disagree with that. I dont think Cody Rhodes is BETTER than Ted Dibiase on the mic or with wrestling. i think both are great in the ring and on the mic, BUT the gimmick that Ted Dibiase has isn't so great. Dibiase's gimmick has been seen before and wrestling fans know that. It seems like WWE got thrown off when Brett Dibiase got hurt and they just put Ted Dibiase where he is now. HOPEFULLY, when Dibiase (Brett that is) gets healthy, him, Ted and Michael McGuillicutty (Joe Hennig) form that rumored group called the Fortunate Sons. As for Cody Rhodes, his gimmick is great for him. It makes him come off as a cocky kid who loves looking at himself and unliked Ted Dibiase, we havent seen this from his father Dusty, so it's fresh. Plus, Cody Rhodes can also wrestle and put on a good match, Dibiase can too, but he's not being pushed, so we see Dibiase wrestle Morrison because of how WWE is pushing him. Like i said, hopefully, for Ted's sake they form that group soon, i think Ted can do well on the mic as a leader for a heel stable.

He is a better wrestler than Ted and he is better on the mic too
i disagree with that. I dont think Cody Rhodes is BETTER than Ted Dibiase on the mic or with wrestling. i think both are great in the ring and on the mic, BUT the gimmick that Ted Dibiase has isn't so great. Dibiase's gimmick has been seen before and wrestling fans know that. It seems like WWE got thrown off when Brett Dibiase got hurt and they just put Ted Dibiase where he is now. HOPEFULLY, when Dibiase (Brett that is) gets healthy, him, Ted and Michael McGuillicutty (Joe Hennig) form that rumored group called the Fortunate Sons. As for Cody Rhodes, his gimmick is great for him. It makes him come off as a cocky kid who loves looking at himself and unliked Ted Dibiase, we havent seen this from his father Dusty, so it's fresh. Plus, Cody Rhodes can also wrestle and put on a good match, Dibiase can too, but he's not being pushed, so we see Dibiase wrestle Morrison because of how WWE is pushing him. Like i said, hopefully, for Ted's sake they form that group soon, i think Ted can do well on the mic as a leader for a heel stable.

I think it's too soon to say which of the 2 men is the best. Cody is flourishing now on Smackdown with a new gimmick ("dashing"), that's for sure. I think that Ted has a lot of potential, but he bores me right now and that's probably more due to bad booking, rather than Ted himself. Either way, they need to find a real niche for Ted, and fast. If they're going to do the whole "Fortunate Sons" thing, they should have really moved Ted to Smackdown, because such a stable is going to get overshadowed by Nexus on Raw.

Im am going to have to say "Dashing" Cody Rhodes. Rhodes was very entertaining on Smackdown this past Friday and what i really enjoyed was his grooming tip. I am also looking forward to see him every week on Smackdown. Cody's theme is really going for him and it just adds to his great character i loove Cody's theme and hope it never changes because for me it adds to the Dashing experience.

Now for Ted, i am not as entertained with as much as i am with Cody. He is usually always boring and the use of the "trust fund" gets boring also after a while. Ted's singles run in my mind isn't as appealing as Cody's is right now. Rhodes has the gimmick going for him so for me Dashing is better than Million Dollar Ted.

" You guys are talking about breakout stars and saying Cody Rhodes will be Future endeavoured, i see Cody as the BReakout star and def going places"

See i said this back at the Elimination Chamber PPV when everyone was dick riding for Teddy and sure he would be world champ by now i was one of the few that said nah Cody is going to be bigger..and look at where we are now....Dashing Cody Rhodes..hes got the look the moves the coolest intro since MCyintire.Where as Ted is so bland and stale.i actually someties forget hes even on RAW..until MITB PPV i forgot he was even in the match..he doesnt stick out..I said it a long time ago ill say it again Cody Rhodes has that "IT" factor..i feel while both have successful fathers and may have gotten the push because of them.i honsetly dont know why Teds still wrestling if it really wasnt for his father he wouldnt be even in the mid card...its a shame really..he doesnt belong in the ring....likejust doesnt do it for me..and if the day comes that he does when a WWE title..god forbid..it will be so boring...

Never really saw anything in either of them. Now i'd say cody rhodes is better. He is actually proving to be very entertaining on the microphone and he can have some good matches. Ted Dibiase Jr. is just boring and nobody really cares about him, i mean his gimmick is really unconvincing and unoriginal.

wow..can you believe it? since the draft, this two guys make a new name for themselves..Dashing and Million Dollar Son..

for meDashing Cody Rhodes is better of the two because of his mic skills and how he's doing his best with his Push and his persona really fits him...people are starting to hate this man and that's a good thing for him..Ted is good in the ring but i find him boring sometimes...but nonetheless..both of them are good...i just hope that i could these two guys main eventing a pay per view someday

I actually believe that both will be headliners in 3 years and will be respective champions on each brand. But I think we need to give it a little more time, especially for Rhodes. His gimmick is fairly new and while it is rather entertaining, I think the important part about the gimmick is how it evolves.

The same goes for Ted. I'm not such a fan of his gimmick as it just seems to be a rebirth of his dad's. BUT thats not saying it's bad, if anything, its the natural line for him to go down. Plus he and Maryse seem to just look right. I also think that Ted has the better look (Cody needs knee pads, each of his legs are the width of Victoria Beckham, and thats a bad thing) but desperately needs a better finisher; I see Dream Street as more a signature move than a finisher.

At the moment, I would say that Rhodes is better of the two. His entrance is a bit cheesy but its memorable and entertaining, his mic skills are good (and shows Swagegr how to use a speech impediment) and his finisher, for me, looks very convincing and legit.

But watch this space.

I hate to say this but as of this moment i have to give it to "Dashing" cody rhodes. I believe his new gimmick is gold and his new entrance has got to be one of the best in the business. His in ring ability has also shined as of late and i was impressed with his performance at MITB.

Although ted is one of my favorites cody just is more compelling to me right now.

A year ago if you would of asked me I would of said Ted Dibiase Jr. Right now though, Im going with Dashing Cody Rhodes. I have always been a fan of both men. When Cody was tagging with Hardcore Holly I had a feeling he had a bright future,mostly from the family name. Cody's new theme is incredible. And I'll have to agree, his entrance is one of the best right now. I have always been high on wrestlers vignettes and it seems Cody is going to be doing well with those. Im not sure about the whole nose hair thing from last week, but it worked. Tell him to put his knee pads back on though, his legs look horrible without them.

Ted's gimmick is exactly what his father used to do, but not as good or as believable because, frankly, it's 2010.

Rhodes' gimmick is very derivative. It's been done before, maybe to death, even. But Cody's making it his own, and he's straying away from what his father used to do.

I give it to Rhodes for originality.

Cody as much as I'd like to say Ted. Cody's gimmick reminds me of "The Model" Rick Martel a guy I loved to hate back in the day. They haven't really done anything like that since he left. With Cody's current direction I can even see them possibly reinventing Martel's gimmick of his own brand of cologne, and spraying it it the eyes of opponents.

Ted is a younger remake of his father, lots of potential, but he doesn't have his dad's charisma, without that he wont make it solo for very long.

I say Ted by far because he is better in the ring. I love Maryse. She is so Hot! But I loved when Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes and Ted were a tag team. They crushed and dominated left and right. But even better if it was just Randy and Ted tag team champions and Randy the wwe champion. So like I said I go with Ted, and Maryse.

I really really like Teddy Jr. I think what Raw is lacking is a likable baby-face that is more than just the one who gets his butt kicked in tag matches. R-Truth is annoying in the ring and John Morrison can't decide if he wants to be flashy and botch-y or flashy and generic. lol I really think Ted has incredible amounts of baby-face charisma.

But they stuck him with the most high profile Diva on the show. If that ain't a sign..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back