• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike Shanahan is an idiot

I Suck Ass

I survived the Rapture
Why in the blue hell would you start Rex Grossman over Donavon McNabb? I see NO reason for this what so ever. As a Bears fan who suffered through Shmexy Rexy, I can say that he is one of the worst QB's of all time. And yet Shanahan is starting him over McNabb. Wow.

Actually, he's a rat.

ratboy.jpg

Because Shanny doesn't want anything to do with McNabb, he never wanted McNabb on his team and since the Skins have pretty much no shot at the playoffs and really nothing else (including respect) to lose why not start the shitty back-up and send a message to McNabb, Snyder, and pretty much everyone else that that says pretty loud and clear "Yeah this isn't working for me"

McNabb may be the better QB, and gives them the better chance to win, but wins clearly mean nothing to Shanahan right now, right now all he cars about is sending the message that if he's the coach then he's going to be the one to make decisions when it comes to who plays for him

Wouldn't be shocked if in the off season you see Washington try and trade McNabb to Chicago for Cuntler, whether or not Chicago bites is another story

Number of Super Bowl wins by Mike Shanahan? 2
Number of Super Bowl wins by Pro Wrestling NOAH? 0

Who's the idiot now?

.... but wins clearly mean nothing to Shanahan right now, right now all he cars about is sending the message that if he's the coach then he's going to be the one to make decisions when it comes to who plays for him

I guess that means that Shanahan has joined the "Brad Childress School of Coaching" ......and we saw how that turned out for him. I loved when Childress announced that he alone would decide whether Brett Favre would start or not, as if anyone believed that.

Now, here's Shanahan fighting team management and using McNabb as chips. I wondered why the team was giving a contract extension to a QB who was benched the week before. Now we see that the coach is at odds with the owner, a situation that's not too unusual on the Redskins.

Presumably, McNabb will be on the team next year while Shanahan is sitting at home, collecting the balance of his contract. Maybe he can share a bowl of popcorn with Albert Haynesworth.

You're right, he is an idiot, but he finally made got back on track of making smart moves instead of stupid ones. Getting McNabb outta there was genius.

Number of Super Bowl wins by Mike Shanahan? 2
Number of Super Bowl wins by Pro Wrestling NOAH? 0

Who's the idiot now?

I guess I am. I just don't see why he should put his personal feelings towards McNabb over the success of the team. Grossman will never be as good as McNabb, so I don't see why McNabb should be benched for him.

I would kill something if they trade McNabb for Cutler. Also, I see what you did with his name. :disappointed:

I made the mistake of drafting a QB late in my Fantasy league, but he ended up getting me loads of points in the first few weeks. I think he got hurt though, and after that he just kinda declined. I can't say though, because I haven't actually watched any Bears games, I was just inferring due to the decline of points his been getting.

That could me anything though, maybe they changed modified that game's offense into a running game. I have Forte too, and he's been kicking ass as well. The Bears have potential to be a good team, they just need an all star wide receiver, someone with the ability of Larry Fitzgerald..all though that's pretty hard to get.

McNabb is having the worst year if his career, even still McNabb's career worst numbers are still better than Gorssman's best. Which is the main reason why this move is plain ******ed. It's not like they're putting in a rookie to see what he's got, they're putting in Rex Fuckin' Grossman, a man who when at his best is still no better than McNabb's worst.

.... SHANARAT is NOTHING without Elway.

You're right, he is an idiot, but he finally made got back on track of making smart moves instead of stupid ones. Getting McNabb outta there was genius.

Right, He's a genius because he put a QB who's basically worthless in Rex "I can't throw a football to save my life" Grossman out there. Good to know his 2 superbowl wins made him that much smarter.

They've been more running than passing, but the way they got clobbered by the Patriots makes me worry. What they really need to do is run the shotgun. Cutler gets pressured on almost every play because he takes a 5-step drop. If he was in shotgun, he would be able to get a pass off. I just wish they would get rid of Lovie Smith.

EDIT: Also, they do need a good receiver. Hester is NOT a receiver by any stretch of the imagination.

McNabb is having the worst year if his career, even still McNabb's career worst numbers are still better than Gorssman's best. Which is the main reason why this move is plain ******ed. It's not like they're putting in a rookie to see what he's got, they're putting in Rex Fuckin' Grossman, a man who when at his best is still no better than McNabb's worst.

.... SHANARAT is NOTHING without Elway.

2 SB rings with Shanahan
0 SB rings without Shanahan

I guess I am. I just don't see why he should put his personal feelings towards McNabb over the success of the team. Grossman will never be as good as McNabb, so I don't see why McNabb should be benched for him.

Maybe because McNabb sucks, and Shanahan doesn't think he's half the quarterback you do? I mean, I understand you know SOOO much more about football and this year's Washington Redskins than Mike Shanahan does, but cut the guy some slack already. :rolleyes:

I love how people are bashing the coach, when they know NOTHING about what goes on for 6 and 3/4 days of the week. You guys are not in the locker room, you're not at practice, you're not at film study, you don't know gameplans, you don't know playbooks...you know nothing.

However, the guy with two Superbowl rings is there for ALL of that, and he's decided McNabb is not the guy he wants leading his team. Who the fuck are you guys to question that?

Shanarat has 0 super bowl rings without Elway......

And Bill Belichick has 0 Super Bowl rings without Tom Brady. What's your point?

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league. Shanarat has done NOTHING worthy of note in his recent years, unless blowing a 4 game lead with 4 games to play counts a noteworthy, which led to his firing with three years left on his contract with a team who he had won 2 superbowls for.

Shanarat took over one of the best defenses in the league in Washington, and has turned them into one of the worse, all while doing nothing to help the offense; but I'm sure his under qualified son as offensive coordinator doesn't have anything to do with Washington's terrible offense.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league. Shanarat has done NOTHING worthy of note in his recent years, unless blowing a 4 game lead with 4 games to play counts a noteworthy, which led to his firing with three years left on his contract with a team who he had won 2 superbowls for.

Shanarat took over one of the best defenses in the league in Washington, and has turned them into one of the worse, all while doing nothing to help the offense; but I'm sure his under qualified son as offensive coordinator doesn't have anything to do with Washington's terrible offense.

Obviously Shanahan didn't see anything in McNabb in the first thirteen games to warrant him starting the last three.

Man, its funny when morons talk about shit they have no idea about.

And Sly, its actually 3 Superbowls. He won one as an Offensive Coordinator for the Niners I do believe.

Obviously Shanahan didn't see anything in McNabb in the first thirteen games to warrant him starting the last three.

And Rex is going to be Washington's QB of the future? Rex has proven to be nothing more than a backup during his time in the NFL.

Obviously there out of it this year, but if there gonna throw in the towel why even play the games.

It's a fucking mess in Washington, no matter how you look at it.

My point is sometimes the QB makes the coach.
But not in Shanahan's case, since his QB was merely good, not great. The Denver Broncos that won the Super Bowls rode the back of TD, not John Elway.

My other point is SB rings from ten years ago are irrelevant to a teams current success.
Which has NOTHING to do with how good a coach is. Why not try sticking to the subject? Is it because you know you're wrong?

And the Eagles traded away McNabb after an 11-5 season, and put the team in the hands of a QB who had never seen consistent NFL snaps and a guy recently released from prison. What does that say about what McNabb has done in recent years?

The NFL may be a "what have you done for me lately" league, but coaching skill is not. Shanahan made average players great, and great players champions. Obviously, McNabb is neither, so Shanahan doesn't want him.

It's obvious you have personal bias clouding your judgment, because any objective person looking at this would never call Mike Shanahan a poor coach. However, there have been MANY people who have accused McNabb of being a poor quarterback.

But not in Shanahan's case, since his QB was merely good, not great. The Denver Broncos that won the Super Bowls rode the back of TD, not John Elway.

One things for sure, they weren't riding on Shanahan's back. Elway is also a HoFer, I'm pretty sure only great players make it into the NFL Hall of fame. This isn't the boxing HoF after all ;)

Which has NOTHING to do with how good a coach is. Why not try sticking to the subject? Is it because you know you're wrong?

I'm not the one who brought up Superbowl rings, that would be you, and then LJL repeated the same exact thing you said. All I was saying is that just because he won a couple Superbowl's years ago doesn't make him a good coach today. It means he was a pretty good coach in the past, and that many people view him in that same light today; but Shanahan has done nothing in recent memory to prove he is still a Good/Great coach.

And the Eagles traded away McNabb after an 11-5 season, and put the team in the hands of a QB who had never seen consistent NFL snaps and a guy recently released from prison. What does that say about what McNabb has done in recent years?

I'm not disagreeing that McNabb is on the downfall, but the numbers don't lie, and even as shitty as McNabb has been he's still a better choice than Rex Grossman. At the very least put in a rookie and see if you can strike gold, you already know what you've got in Grossman and that's a career backup.

The NFL may be a "what have you done for me lately" league, but coaching skill is not. Shanahan made average players great, and great players champions. Obviously, McNabb is neither, so Shanahan doesn't want him.

Or Average and Great players made Shanahan look like a champion, it's all how you look at it. You said so yourself, TD carried that team, in his short prime there weren't many better that TD.

It's obvious you have personal bias clouding your judgment, because any objective person looking at this would never call Mike Shanahan a poor coach. However, there have been MANY people who have accused McNabb of being a poor quarterback.

Shanahan has been a poor coach as of late, as a Charger fan I've seen multiple Bronco games over the last 10 plus years, and the Broncos have only fallen further off the map in that time. Shanahan was a good coach, but you don't stay good forever

He was released with 3 years left on his contract, and he WON 2 Superbowl's for the Broncos. Why would they release him unless the thought he had lost a step, or wasn't as sharp; because they knew he wasn't going to take them back to the promise land. Almost the same exact thing the Eagles did to McNabb.

One things for sure, they weren't riding on Shanahan's back. Elway is also a HoFer, I'm pretty sure only great players make it into the NFL Hall of fame. This isn't the boxing HoF after all ;)
And that same HOF John Elway never won a title until Shanahan got there. But, I'm sure that's just a coincidence. :rolleyes:

I'm not the one who brought up Superbowl rings, that would be you,
Exactly. And bad coaches don't win Superbowls. You're arguing like TJChurch right now.

All I was saying is that just because he won a couple Superbowl's years ago doesn't make him a good coach today. It means he was a pretty good coach in the past, and that many people view him in that same light today;
First of all, that's bullshit. A good coach is a good coach, until proven differently which has not happened to Shanahan. Second of all, the Redskins already have more wins this year than they did last year. Third of all, this will only be the third losing season he's had since 1995. That's fifteen years of coaching, and only three losing seasons.

You're being fucking ridiculous.

but Shanahan has done nothing in recent memory to prove he is still a Good/Great coach.
He had five straight winning seasons from 2002-2006 (including 13-3 in 2005). He didn't coach last year. This is his first year with the Redskins, and with three games to go, they already have a better record than they did last year.

Again, you're being fucking ridiculous.

I'm not disagreeing that McNabb is on the downfall, but the numbers don't lie, and even as shitty as McNabb has been he's still a better choice than Rex Grossman. At the very least put in a rookie and see if you can strike gold, you already know what you've got in Grossman and that's a career backup.
And like I said, Shanahan is at every practice, every film study, every thing his team does. You're going to tell me you know more about his team and players than he does?

It amazes me how so many people seem to forget there's more to the development of a team than just what you see on game day. And as far as the whole "backup" thing goes, Kurt Warner was playing in the Arena League, got his chance when Trent Green went down, and went on to be a Hall of Fame QB.

If the guy that goes to the Redskins facility every day thinks Grossman is better for his team now and/or in the future, than I'll trust his word FAR more than I'll trust the word of a guy who obviously has a personal bias against him.

Or Average and Great players made Shanahan look like a champion, it's all how you look at it. You said so yourself, TD carried that team, in his short prime there weren't many better that TD.
You mean the sixth round pick Terrell Davis? How about sixth round Mike Anderson, who ran for over 1,000 yards in his rookie season? Or fourth round pick Olandis Gary, or third round pick Reuben Droughns, or second round picks Tatum Bell and Clinton Portis, all of whom ran for over 1,000 yards under Shanahan?

I guess Shanahan just happens to be the luckiest coach on Earth, to luck into so many great running backs no one else knows about, and seems to have their best success under Shanahan.

Shanahan has been a poor coach as of late, as a Charger fan I've seen multiple Bronco games over the last 10 plus years, and the Broncos have only fallen further off the map in that time. Shanahan was a good coach, but you don't stay good forever

He was released with 3 years left on his contract, and he WON 2 Superbowl's for the Broncos. Why would they release him unless the thought he had lost a step, or wasn't as sharp; because they knew he wasn't going to take them back to the promise land. Almost the same exact thing the Eagles did to McNabb.
Who knows why he was released. I would think that, as a San Diego Chargers fan, you would know as well as any that coaches don't always get released based upon their winning percentage (how has that transition from Marty Schottenheimer to Norv Turner worked out for you anyways). And how well has Denver played since Shanahan was there?

There are many reasons Shanahan may have been released, but considering the fact the man has been a proven winner, has only three losing seasons in 15 years, and already has given the Redskins a better record than they had last year, not to mention the fact he's the one who is around for all workouts, practices, plays, etc., I'm going to trust Shanahan far more than I'll trust you.

And that same HOF John Elway never won a title until Shanahan got there. But, I'm sure that's just a coincidence. :rolleyes:

They couldn't have done it with out each other.

Exactly. And bad coaches don't win Superbowls. You're arguing like TJChurch right now.

That's a low blow Sly, this isn't even the cage. :)

First of all, that's bullshit. A good coach is a good coach, until proven differently which has not happened to Shanahan.

His coaching record is under .500 from 2007 and on, he's been on the decline since 2006, and if the Skins don't manage another win this season it'll be the worst record of his career.

Second of all, the Redskins already have more wins this year than they did last year.

Bragging about wins, are we?

Again, five wins puts Shanahan at a career low.

Third of all, this will only be the third losing season he's had since 1995. That's fifteen years of coaching, and only three losing seasons.

This season will be his second losing season in the last four years, as well as a nice little 8-8 in 08. His only winning season in the last four seasons (this one included.) came in came in 06 and and they where only 9-7.

I'd say "What have you done for me now" does apply to coaches, and if you apply it to Shanahan he hasn't done anything in the last 4 years of coaching, probably why the Bronco's cut him.

You're being fucking ridiculous.

If you say so, though the reasoning for my thoughts seems pretty valid.

He had five straight winning seasons from 2002-2006 (including 13-3 in 2005). He didn't coach last year. This is his first year with the Redskins, and with three games to go, they already have a better record than they did last year.

For Shanahan's recent history please go back to the beginning and start over.

5 wins, again it's nothing to brag about.

Recent history suggests otherwise.

And like I said, Shanahan is at every practice, every film study, every thing his team does. You're going to tell me you know more about his team and players than he does?

I'm telling you that basing this off the statistics and facts that I have available to me, I can only assume that your not on the coaching staff of the Skins as well.

So basing this off the stats available Grossman has not proven himself to be a highly productive football player, and most QB's who hang around the leage for a while don't usually come out of nowhere to be superstars.

It amazes me how so many people seem to forget there's more to the development of a team than just what you see on game day. And as far as the whole "backup" thing goes, Kurt Warner was playing in the Arena League, got his chance when Trent Green went down, and went on to be a Hall of Fame QB.

It doesn't happen all that often, so thinking it's gonna happen with Grossman is like thinking I'm going to win the lottery tonight.

If the guy that goes to the Redskins facility every day thinks Grossman is better for his team now and/or in the future, than I'll trust his word FAR more than I'll trust the word of a guy who obviously has a personal bias against him.

No personal bias here, his career stats just don't get my dick up like they do yours.

I think anyone would take a professionals opinion over that of an amateur, but I'm pretty sure neither of us are professional football coaches here.

I was ranked number 6 in the world in Madden 05, if that counts for anything.

You mean the sixth round pick Terrell Davis? How about sixth round Mike Anderson, who ran for over 1,000 yards in his rookie season? Or fourth round pick Olandis Gary, or third round pick Reuben Droughns, or second round picks Tatum Bell and Clinton Portis, all of whom ran for over 1,000 yards under Shanahan?

Shanahan's been known to have the dirtiest O-line in the game, his guys get repeated chop block fouls and fines, he runs a dirty system, it's good but it
dirty.

Some of those guys are products of a system, some of them are skilled, and TD was skilled and took advantage of a good running system. Shanahan wasn't out there picking up rushing yards so you still gotta credit the running back as well.

I guess Shanahan just happens to be the luckiest coach on Earth, to luck into so many great running backs no one else knows about, and seems to have their best success under Shanahan.

A good running system is one tiny part of being a head coach, so he's turned out a few 1000 yard rushers, a couple of those guys did on losing teams, so it means nothing in the end. A thousand yard season with a 7-9 record not much to brag about there.

Iyo.

Who knows why he was released.

I'd say his recent lack of success and steady downhill drop in production.

I would think that, as a San Diego Chargers fan, you would know as well as any that coaches don't always get released based upon their winning percentage (how has that transition from Marty Schottenheimer to Norv Turner worked out for you anyways). And how well has Denver played since Shanahan was there?

They did Marty wrong, and I can't blame Norv.

Well In 09 the Broncos where 8-8 same as they where with Shanahan in 08, and they have the potential to reach 5 wins, maybe even surpass what Shanahan has done this year.

There are many reasons Shanahan may have been released, but considering the fact the man has been a proven winner, has only three losing seasons in 15 years

Let's not forget recent history now.

and already has given the Redskins a better record than they had last year

This is like the third time you've referenced those five wins, those are some low expectations there Sly.

not to mention the fact he's the one who is around for all workouts, practices, plays, etc.

Good call, got me there; but you're not that either, so it's kinda irrelevant.

I'm going to trust Shanahan far more than I'll trust you.

Can't argue with you choosing the pro, but I doubt Shanahan can give you an unbiased look at his recent history like I just did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back