What's next for RG3?

J.J.

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Well it's clear that Kirk Cousins is the man in Washington. By the way lets applaud the Redskins for finally appearing to get it right at QB. It only took:

RG3, John Beck, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Mark Brunnell, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Tony Banks, Jeff George and whoever else I'm missing. We have finally bridged the gap between Jim McMahon and Kirk Cousins --- well at least for now. But the question now is what's up with RG3?

I think he MAY be a good football player. It's just the way he came right out of college, was selected over for an un-Godly amount of draft picks, declared the Savior of the Redskins football, given tons of product endorsements, exalted and vilified and sacrificed by Shanahan etc etc. that he was never really given the proper training to succeed at that level.

What I haven't quite understood is his decisions making up his mind that he's going to run rather than going through his reads or keeping his eyes downfield. There can be 3 open guys but here he goes scrambling anyway. Except that he apparently isn't looking to run because he runs right toward a defender. So where were his eyes?

If a passing play breaks down and he is looking to run, why does he run right toward a defender when there actually was room to run elsewhere? And if he's not looking at the line and is looking downfield, what the hell is he seeing that he doesn't think he should throw it anywhere? Sounds to me like he's become horribly indecisive, which might have something to do with lack of preparation or a lack of practice time.

I think a fresh start somewhere else could be beneficial. Somewhere he can play under a veteran QB and learn how to conduct himself in interviews, be able to watch and breakdown film and better himself with his reads. While I'm not sure the right team for him to go to, I am sure someone would be willing to take a chance on him?

What do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back