Mickie James reportedly offered new contract!

Would you like to see Mickie James on main roster?

• [COLOR="Green"]Yes![/COLOR]

• [COLOR="Red"]No![/COLOR]

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, former WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James was recently offered a new main roster WWE contract.

Sources are reporting James has kept in contact with WWE officials since NXT TakeOver: Toronto and they’ve let her know a deal is waiting for her should she want to accept.

No word as to whether the deal would be for RAW or SmackDown Live, or the length of the contract, but either brand would benefit greatly from having another veteran in their ranks.
So, that's a good news, I guess.

A veteran woman wrestler like Mickie James could add depth to women division of either brand. Just imagine the feuds between Mickie James and Charlotte/Sasha/Becky. Plus, either women division need a veteran in a role alike to that of AJ Lee. Even adding Paige would be good but she's indulged in wellness violations and I think that she might leave WWE soon. I hope not.

So, would you like to see Mickie James on main roster in a wrestling capacity? I sure will do.

Was surprised this wasn't set in stone since her match with Asuka. Mickie James will be great for either brand to help take the load of some of the girls at the top and possibly (probably with the brand split) have a little title run as well. Great addition to the women's division and will even add a bit of name power to it as well.

I hope Smackdown gets her. Raw is like the favourite son so they get pretty much first preference on anyone, but she could go to SD and have a couple of decent matches with Becky, give Nikki someone else to run through and even help Bliss or Carmela as well. Raw with Banks/Charlotte/Bayley/Jax as just their foundation should be able to survive without Mickie. Plus you could make that inter-promotional match Mickie vs *insert raw woman superstar here* if fans are dying to see them lock up.

Wouldn't mind at all too see Mickie James come back, but in saying that, would only be really happy if she ended up on SD.

These days the only two that RAW seems to be interested in is Charlotte and Sasha, everyone else is an afterthought. When you have Bayley in a feud with Alicia Fox over Bayley giving someone a "Bayley Bear", that's pretty weak booking, in my opinion.

Besides the only real veterans SD has is Nicki, Natalya, and Becky. They don't really seem to care about Naomi. The others are kind of newbies, someone like James could help immensely in bringing them along. Plus there is your new feud with Alexa for the title down the road.

Tamina is due back soon. The word on the street is that she will be going to RAW so SD really needs some more women to bulk up the roster.

Wouldn't mind at all too see Mickie James come back, but in saying that, would only be really happy if she ended up on SD.

These days the only two that RAW seems to be interested in is Charlotte and Sasha, everyone else is an afterthought. When you have Bayley in a feud with Alicia Fox over Bayley giving someone a "Bayley Bear", that's pretty weak booking, in my opinion.

Besides the only real veterans SD has is Nicki, Natalya, and Becky. They don't really seem to care about Naomi. The others are kind of newbies, someone like James could help immensely in bringing them along. Plus there is your new feud with Alexa for the title down the road.

Tamina is due back soon. The word on the street is that she will be going to RAW so SD really needs some more women to bulk up the roster.
You're right. The thing about Raw's women division is that Charlotte Vs. Sasha overshadowed every other feud/wrestler. We did get Bayley pinning Charlotte as a champion clean but the story remains Sasha Vs. Charlotte.

Other than Sasha and Charlotte, you have Bayley, Dana Brooke, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox. Paige was suspended for two consecutive Wellness violations and I ain't sure if she will return and when too? Tamina has been cleared to in-ring action and is bound to join Raw.

Emmalina has been hyped since start of October and is going to return next week on Raw. On paper, Raw's women division easily trumps Smackdown's but in real execution, Smackdown wins. Two feuds in Carmella Vs. Nikki Bella and Becky Lynch Vs. Alexa Bliss were executed on Smackdown. Smackdown has built a significant credibility for both Bliss and Carmella. Mickie would be better suited at Smackdown.

There's literally no reason to not want to see Mickie James back in the WWE. Anybody who finds one is just looking for something to complain about. Mickie is a veteran talent, one who still looks great, can go with the best of them, and has probably the most name value of any women not currently in WWE. Not only that, but she's been very open and receptive towards WWE in the past 6 months or so and legitimately seems like she wants to come back. James would be a great boon to whatever roster she ends up on and she'd add some immediate, much need main event level depth in the women's division. She'd be great on Smackdown, but I wouldn't mind seeing her feud with some of the Raw girls either.

Plus, she's still really hot.

firstly, let me say this....if Mickie James re-signs she should either 1) stay on NXT or 2) go to Smackdown. RAW is overcrowded with potential stars. i like Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Nia and Emma......as for Smackdown, they have Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss is ok, i like Carmella, but she (like Nikki) is just ok in the ring. so if she goes to the main roster, Smackdown is perfect for her....hopefully Paige also moves to Smackdown since they need women there.

now another question, if James does re-sign with WWE, does former TNA Star Magnus (who's currently the GFW Champion) leave and come to WWE?? i think (if James comes to WWE) that WWE should (if they can) get Magnus on NXT. NXT (in my book) should call up Samoa Joe and (hopefully when healthy) Austin Aries, so a guy like Magnus could be needed.

I'd love to see Mickie come back, especially because I really didn't like how she was used for her first run in the WWE. She was a crazy fan of Trish Stratus, where she had to do things that shouldn't be spoken of anywhere except the barroom. That wasn't her whole story in the WWE, but it overshadowed her other work.

WWE sure does love their goofy characters, but Mickie James was an absolute badass during her indy days. This was my first impression of her:

[youtube]KzSCRzZ7ZFw[/youtube]

I hope Mickie returns w/the SmackDown Live Brand is revealed to be Nikki Bella's assailant. The two would make for an amazing Women's under card story. Plus there would be the underlying reality of a past relationship between Cena and Mickie.

There are reports going around that Mickie has signed a 3 year deal with the company and will be headed to SmackDown Live in January.

If true, then it's just an all around good thing because Mickie's still hot, she's probably better in the ring now than she was when she left WWE and she adds a level of depth to the blue brand, which is really the blue brand's only significant problem in my eyes. They've got talented wrestlers but most of those wrestlers are either brand new to the main roster or have spent their time on the main roster almost exclusively as jobbers.

I would definitely want to see Mickie on the main roster again. She's a veteran and a former multi time Women's Champion. It would greatly benefit the girls on today's roster to work with her. I can only imagine how great a match with her against Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Emma, or Alexa would be. Raw's roster is a bit larger, thus I would rather she goes to Smackdown. If Alexa got a retention against Mickie it would be huge for her and she'd need it more than Sasha does. Even if Mickie does go to Raw it would still be a good thing. It's really a win/win scenario either way regardless of what show she goes to.

I hope Mickie returns w/the SmackDown Live Brand is revealed to be Nikki Bella's assailant. The two would make for an amazing Women's under card story. Plus there would be the underlying reality of a past relationship between Cena and Mickie.

I'm hoping that's where they're going with this and I think it might given that Natalya is denying Carmella's accusation and by the fact that Nikki Bella didn't lay into her this past Tuesday backstage. They're creating doubt as to whether or not Natalya did it because it's conceivable she did so since she was left off the SmackDown Live's female team for Survivor Series due to losing a match to Nikki Bella and the entire "coach" bit that saw her elevated to a spot on the team after Nikki was attacked. Nattie has the motive, so having Mickie James be the one is a nice little twist on things.

I like the idea, the biggest problem with it is that I'm not sure Mickie can play heel well enough in this situation to make Nikki the clear face. Maybe it doesn't matter, Roman has been getting boo'd vociferously for awhile. I just foresee the loudest fans rooting for the woman who assaulted another woman since she is a returning fan favorite who assaulted the sort of too high and mighty unlikeable star of Total Divas who sleeps with John Cena.

Happy to have Mickie back. Just no country music please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back