Michael Jordan for host???

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
PWInsider.com is reporting that NBA legend Michael Jordan was backstage at Raw this past Monday night in Charlotte, NC. WWE really wants Jordan to host an upcoming edition of Raw, so it's assumed that idea was brought up to Jordan while he was visiting the show.

I think this would be very interesting to watch as Jordan came to the wwe instead of the wwe coming to him.

They should most definitely jump on Jordan to host raw and advertise to hell out of it before they do.

Jordan would bring in the rating the wwe wants from wrestling fans and basketball fans.

Good Idea or bad..

I think MJ would be a good choice for a host. I know as a sports fan I'd love to see it. Jordan seems to have good charisma and he loves to perform (commercials and just the way he played the game). He was a showman and I think he would do quite alright as a guest host. However I'm not sure he'd bring in huge ratings. I'm sure he'd bring in some ratings, but he wouldn't blow the roof off the ratings spectrum.

I think the guest host is a good idea. But should be larger than life people that are used.
I have been thinking a guy well known in movies as an marshal arts expert and is a real
law officer in Louisiana. I am talking about Steven Segall. He would be awsome on raw.
What do you guys think. Would raw really be able to get him on the show?

I think the best hosts of Raw are WWE alumni or B-Rated Celebrities. They seem to be most interested in being on the show whereas all the bigger stars who have been on there seem to be bored and end up being poor hosts that people complain about it. I think MJ would be one of them. I don't recall him ever being a HUGE WWE fan and that is manditory IMO to host the show. I would be more compelled to watch if the wrestler ever knew what he was talking about and not being fed lines. If MJ is a huge wrestling fan and not just visiting for the hell of it then Id be 100% for him hosting the show.

Guru, I ask you this. Would you still say they are pointless if the host is actually a HUGE fan and knows what he is talking about and can offer some cross promotion?

Michael Jordan would be awesome to have on the show. He is the greatest athlete ever and I think having him would be a fun addition to RAW even if it is only one night. I'd love to see him when RAW comes to Chicago.

That would be a pretty good idea. He is one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports entertainment. Maybe he can start a mini-fued with Miz and do a basketball shots challenge and Jordan doing a mad slam dunk then Miz cut a promo (like he always does) then say "I'M AWESOME" then shoot then.................. miss. Anyway, good idea.

I think this would be a good idea....for Micheal Jordan. Now that MJ is owner of the Bobcats, The E used his "building", sorta and he was there. Guest hosting would be good for him to put himself and the Bobcats over. And besides, if he hosts his segments would be way better that 50% of the guest hosts. I think creative take piss breaks when talking about the guest hosts segs.

The guest hosts aren't the problem, it's the way they're being used. Blame the writers for doing the same repetitive junk. Film a few skits then come out and and say some crap and then leave or the odd time be involved in a match.

If MJ did become the host for a night you can bet it would be the same crap. They would probably do a few skits then i don't know....something....basketball related like shoot a ball into a hoop type game. Santino would come out and miss horribly, the crowd would laugh and he would then wrestle a match or whatever the stipulation.

If he does guest host I wonder how close I will be? :shrug:

I agree with you completely sTyLnK. The guest host aren't bad it is just the way they are being used. I seriously think they should drop the idea of guest hosts and bring a GM. Maybe even HBK but that isn't really a good idea. I don't know, anyway the guest host thing was fun at first by bringing in the big names like Shaquille O Neil and Ozzy Osbourne but I am surprised that they haven't brought in The Great One, The Rock. Seriously make him the LAST Guest Host and then get VKM to come out and announce that Raw's GM is The Rock. (another bad idea cause he is an actor now) but still, you get the picture.

It all depends on what they want him to do there...getting him involved in a match obviously will just be bullshit...i think he should come to the ring, but maybe host a slam dunk contest(i only say this because that's what wwe is like), it could be entertaining...or a lil' basketball game, he could get some kids involved from the crowd...but they'll have to put time into it..and not make it a short, crappy segment...

It would be great to have him host Raw...

I think it would be a good idea! But like WaylonMercer said on here hosting RAW is more like a "B" lister celeb job (Sharpton, Cedric, Flavor Flav, Wayne Brady). And Michael Jordan is much more than that. Michael Jordan is on the same celebrity level as presdent Obama and Michael Jackson (R.I.P.).

But I can see "Air" Jordan hosting RAW! Him coming out at the top of the hour and greet the WWE universe, only to be interupted by someone like Sheamus coming out saying something like. "I heard that the grestest basketball player was guest hosting RAW tonight. But I assumed that it was Larry Bird"! With Sheamus wearing a throwback Larry Bird jersey.

And John Cena coming out to the rescue kissing Jordan's ass like the boy scout Cena is! There's no more DX.

Jordan hosting could potentially be decent, but let's not for one second think he is coming out to dunk basketballs. Not to be rude, but that is beneath him. He will never be a sideshow act at a carnival.

Guest hosts are not the problem its the writers who maked them bad. Also guest hosts should be either legendary wrestlers or A list celebs no b list or unknown celebs. I want a person who knows wrestling, will make an impact on the shows and also be known by atleast everyone in the country or thed world.

Jordan hosting could potentially be decent, but let's not for one second think he is coming out to dunk basketballs. Not to be rude, but that is beneath him. He will never be a sideshow act at a carnival.

Thats what WWE is is one big carnival. But you think MJ would do something hugh? What could he do? He not a wrestler or anything so he cannot do anything special and stuff like that. Maybe if he was special guest referee of a match and helped thed face win the match.

Thats what WWE is is one big carnival. But you think MJ would do something hugh? What could he do? He not a wrestler or anything so he cannot do anything special and stuff like that. Maybe if he was special guest referee of a match and helped thed face win the match.

I didn't say it would be great, I said it COULD be decent. I'd imagine he'd be comfortable on the mic and could cut a half decent promo on a heel. It would be more entertaining than Rampage freaking Jackson I know that much. But he would NOT be coming out to dunk a basketball, which is what I was reffering to as the side show act to the carnival we both agree is the WWE.

All I think Jordan do is talk, have a few backstage segments with superstars which if they gonna go the comedy route actually be funny and thats it. Jordan just do it to collect a paycheck, you know he would get paid big bucks for appearing at a WWE live event.

All I think Jordan do is talk, have a few backstage segments with superstars which if they gonna go the comedy route actually be funny and thats it. Jordan just do it to collect a paycheck, you know he would get paid big bucks for appearing at a WWE live event.

Jordan does not need the WWE's money, regardless of what he migh lose in Veagas next weekend. He would do it to push his new NBA team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back