Michael Cole's Miztakes

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
I've decided that Michael Cole makes incredible mistakes so often, he deserves a thread dedicated to them. This week:

"Earlier tonight, Sheamus promised to win the King of the Ring tournament and he just might do that - eliminating three here."

He then proceeded to call this an Anaconda Vice:

tqXSf.png

I believe it's actually the Koji Clutch, if you were wondering.

Anybody else pick up on anything?

I got really frustrated when he did that, especially seen as I had been looking at submission moves for my WZCW character and knew what the move was actually called. What a tool he truly is. Pretty annoying when the flagship commentator of a wrestling show doesn't know much about wrestling.

To add to the collection, I think the day after the slammys when smackdown was NOT supposed to be a live show he said something about "what happened last night". Bloody idiot.

Didn't he call Justin Beiber a Rap star once? How Biggie and Tupac's ghosts must be haunting him in his sleep.

Being well versed in Jake Wrestling Theory, I can tell you that form of John Cena selling is called "the angry bear", as opposed to "the dead fish."

I only knew it was called the Koji Clutch because Christopher Daniels used to do it. However, I would have known it wasn't the Anaconda Vice either way.

You know what, that actually looks like an ANACONDA Vice. Very Constricting. So I guess Cole was just giving the move a better, more realistic animal name.

And while we're on Animal Submissions. What the hell is a BearHug?!

When has a bear ever hugged anybody as an act of aggression?

Dolph Ziggler has his finishing move the Zig Zag, which is a reverse bulldog, and he uses a Fame Asser. Cole calls them both the Zig Zag every single time, and it pisses me off to no end. Why not just call move he does the Zig Zag, Cole?

You know what, that actually looks like an ANACONDA Vice. Very Constricting. So I guess Cole was just giving the move a better, more realistic animal name.

And while we're on Animal Submissions. What the hell is a BearHug?!

When has a bear ever hugged anybody as an act of aggression?
I don't know. But what kind of hug do you give a teddy bear?

I remember Cole blaming Daniel Bryan for Team WWE losing to Nexus at Summerslam. Of course Team WWE didn't lose the match.

Except this is CM Punk's signature submission, the Anaconda Vice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzTavuZUGc

I can't wait until Cena does a piledriver and, because it's not part of his normal repertoire, Cole panics and just starts repeatedly yelling "Attitude Adjustment! Attitude Adjustment!".

Perhaps that CM Punk wants to add a submision finisher back into his game but he is bored of what used to be the Anaconda Vice, he hasn't used it since his submission match against Taker really and long before that it was forgotten about.

Perhaps Punk requested the announcers call this move the Anaconda Vice, as it actually looks more snake like.

He shit on Striker again this week on SmackDown.

Striker called a Fujiwara Armbar and Cole just goes "Yeah, um, fujiwara whatever." I really wish he would stop taking shit from Lawler and him, who seem to be upset that a young commentator with actual knowledge of the holds and events is actually stepping up and putting himself out there.

Regardless of how annoying he can be at times, at least he clearly isn't phoning it in like Lawler does all the time and Cole too at times.

Except this is CM Punk's signature submission, the Anaconda Vice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzTavuZUGc

I can't wait until Cena does a piledriver and, because it's not part of his normal repertoire, Cole panics and just starts repeatedly yelling "Attitude Adjustment! Attitude Adjustment!".

I think this has happened already. I think Cole once called one of Cena's other sig moves an Attitude Adjustment. Or maybe more than once.

Called Edge the WWE Champion during the one time when it actually mattered. Anybody who actually watched SmackDown have anything?

He must have been a terrible war correspondent. I can only assume he couldn't tell the difference between the Viet Minh and the Viet Cong, leading to hilarious results.

Michael Cole can be hilarious, but also sucks. It's quite the conundrum, if ya think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back