• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Merged** Randy Orton to Smackdown

Ropow

Dark Match Winner
Definitely saw this coming, doubted it a bit once I saw Cena get drafted. Smackdown needed a refreshing face and Orton will easily be that guy. One thing is for sure, Smackdown is getting revamped and should hopefully jump in ratings with two of the biggest faces in the WWE now on the brand.

Where do you think Orton will go on Smackdown?

Who will he feud with?

Do you see him jumping into the title race after extreme rules or should he stay out?

Personally I see him weeding through some random matches showing off his ruthless side before they start a definite feud with him.

ORTON'S GONE TO SMACKDOWN AS WELL!!

What the hell?!

I mean I'm really glad about this actually, Smackdown's gonna get a HUGE ratings bump not to mention a MASSIVE space on Raw.

What does this mean for Raw, and what does this mean for Smackdown?

Most of all, what does this mean for Orton?

Discuss :D

So as you all know randy orton was just drafted to smackdown, with all the star power moving to friday nights do you think your gonna watch raw or smackdown more (if you watch both then which will you look forward to more)

I'll still watch RAW. I think a big reason Smackdown will still always be the B-show now no matter how much star power they have is because of it's timeslot. Friday at primetime. I'd say most of Smackdown's target audience is out enjoying the start of the weekend at that time.

I watch RAW because I'm able to. Randy Orton was the best thing about it for me, and now that he's on smackdown, I've got no real reason to bother watching anymore. This sucks.

I'm still pretty shocked, John Cena to smackdown was all they needed to do to fill this "void" with Edge gone. But both of RAW's top guys? I just don't get it.

It's stupid, why put your two top guys on one show. They need to keep them separated and have them feud occasionally. Why essentially take the Raw main event and merge it with Smackdown? They should have kept Orton on RAW while Del Rio came to RAW and have the two of them feud while Cena would go to Smackdown and face off against Wade Barrett making Barrett an elite heel again even though we saw the feud before. That seems to me like a logical choice, not putting RAW on Smackdown.

I think Randy Orton being drafted to Smackdown is gold. This is because we now have room on Raw to promote the up and coming stars, and we also have Smackdown which will increase a lot over the next few months. I think this was a necessary move. However I feel that a heel needs to be drafted next.

I didnt see Orton goin to SD after I saw Cena get drafted either. This is more than great news for SD, but horrible news for RAW. RAW needs a top face to dmoniate its show, and if they think Miz or Morrison can be that person then they are horribly mistaken. They need a return of some kind real soon, Batista and Chris Jericho have been rumored, or the show will literally go down the drain. If they dont want those two then they have to make The Rock and Triple H hold their end of their deal and actually be an active part of the RAW roster. Imagine, Cena vs Orton on SD while we have Rock vs Triple H on RAW. I think Alberto Del Rio will get drafted to RAW, and will be taking the Heavyweight title with him. I still think RAW needs another top name though, it seems the brand got completely ripped off witthin the first hour of the draft.

Cena and Orton on SD! is complete crap. One of them needs to stay on Raw. If they dont bury each other on SD! then they will bury guys like Barret and Christian. What a load of crap that must be. Who will Raw take from SD!? I'd like to break up Nexus and Corre. Slater and Barrett back to Raw and then McGuillicuty (sorry for the spelling) and Otunga to SD!. Could be a very sad day for Raw.

Cena and Orton on SD! is complete crap. One of them needs to stay on Raw. If they dont bury each other on SD! then they will bury guys like Barret and Christian. What a load of crap that must be. Who will Raw take from SD!? I'd like to break up Nexus and Corre. Slater and Barrett back to Raw and then McGuillicuty (sorry for the spelling) and Otunga to SD!. Could be a very sad day for Raw.

Well at this stage, I would be surprised if Christian isn't drafted to Raw. If he remains on Smackdown, he will well and truly be buried by Orton & Cena, at the latter stage in his career when VKM should be finally putting some gold around his waist.

Prepare to see Cody, Drew, Barrett, and anyone else new with potential to have their careers stomped on. We all know Orton won't put anyone over and Cena being on S.D. doesn't help either. WWE just wanted S.D. to have the star power this year. Good thing I can youtube S.D. and fast foward because i'm sure i'll be doing alot of it.

now raw and smackdown are balanced. remember chris jericho will return to wwe after DWTS, plus jay lethal could sign with the wwe. they could be both on raw. i think, the draft will be both good for raw and smackdown! after raw the draft still continues, so who knows who will be drafted to raw and sd.

after del rio go drafted to raw I'm 100% sure that some dumb trade or stipulation will happen where Cena goes back to raw to feud with del rio and miz will get sent to smackdown. The 3 best heels are on raw and your 2 best face's on smackdown. Come on guys we both know they won't keep it that way.

Thank fucking goodness. A year late, and with about half the heat, but still the right move.

Orton could be HUGE if booked properly, and given a good run on this show. And with the lack of both face talent and John Cena on SD, he damn sure should get it. the stand alone mega star, it should end up being HIS show.

I only have concern with Cody Rhodes, as two characters who are so dark fueding may be a bit odd, and not in a cartoony Undertaker -Kane way, but, just a weird dont really jive way. I suppose we shall see.

I'm really looking forward to this. Orton has needed a change of scenery for a while now as there really wasn't a whole lot left for him to do on Raw. His star power could easily elevate the likes of McIntyre, Rhodes, Swagger, and Barrett(with no Cena) to a new level if he feuds with them on Smackdown. I just hope that he doesn't get stuck in a nothing feud with Mark Henry and take up excessive amounts of air time on dumb shit.

If Christian wins the belt at Extreme Rules and the belt stays on Smackdown, I give it 4 months before Orton has his hands on the title. Could be good, could be bad, but either way it's different.

Have Orton win the Title in like 2 months, lose it to Christian or anybody in the title pic maybe Barrett, have a feud with countless young stars like rhodes, Drew etc and eventually win the WHC at Mania !!

No talk of his beard? Isn't that a sign of a heel turn? haha

To be honest, I am not thrilled about this. Most of SD are guys who need help either in the ring or getting over. Orton doesn't have the talent to do either. He is an awful, awful face to the point that his longer matches just totally obliterate the crowds. His promos don't have much oomph. And most of all, he just flat out sucks working against guys who aren't Cena, Punk, Taker, and a few others.

I mean, this is a guy, as hugely over as he may be, hasn't average more than 10 minutes of on-air time on Raw since Night of Champions... A show that is all about push guys who are over.

This is obviously the correct move for Randy Orton but I cannot help but feel for Christian. Orton is obviously the top star on the show and that means that he is going to get the belt soon enough and that means that Christian will be a champion for, at the most, a month or two. I'd say that a Christian victory at Extreme Rules is all but certain at this point but I would have surely liked the his title run to have lasted longer. Oh well, you cannot win them all I guess.

I guess that one of the following three things will happen over the summer on Smackdown.

Case 1: Orton wins the title from Christian at the next PPV. Christian moves slightly down the card and elevates Cody Rhodes while Orton begins a program with the Corre.

Case 2: Orton wins the title from Christian at the next PPV. Christian goes heel and begins a feud with Orton. Cody feuds with Sin Cara, another masked wrestler like Mysterio, loses the feud but wins the Smackdown MITB. Corre fucks off.

Case 3: Christian retains against Orton and goes on to feud with The Corre. Orton begins a feud with former stablemate Cody Rhodes.

Case 1 is the most probable scenario followed by 2 and 3 but personally I would love to see case 3 come to fruition. Cody and Orton are very similar characters and have a history too and so it should be an entertaining feud. But Randy is a top star and he has obviously come over to Smackdown to main event Smackdown, so I just do not see it happening.

I tought it would either be john cena or randy orton and i guess WWE decided smackdown needed randy orton more than cena as the top face. I am excited about it he can bring smackdown out of the slump they had been suffering from. He cant reverse everything but he can at least help. Also, i am sure his feud with cm punk is going to be over after extreme rules bacause punk did not get drafted so orton can focus on chasing the WHC which he only won once in his career.

While I'm glad Orton will finally have the chance to shine, with his own show, being on Smackdown will hurt this entire ordeal.

Smackdown will not be seen by as many people as Raw, no matter what. Raw is the main show, probably always will be. I think Orton can cause a decent ratings bump, all by himself, but not enough to overtake Raw. Smackdown just doesn't have the same..feel..as Raw.

Watching Orton play second to Cena was painful. I am a much, much bigger mark for Orton than I am Cena, so that explains it. But, with this separation of Orton and Cena (which needed to happen), Orton now has his chance to shine.

Does anyone else think that maybe they've sent Orton over to test how bi of a face he can be on his own show for a year or so, before they turn Cena heel?
I think Orton is better than Cena personally (despite my name). So I'd like to think that Orton will become massive on Smackdown and prove that he deserves to be the top face in the WWE.

What do you think?

its about TIME.

Orton is much better as a heel, but if their going to keep him a face than he needs to be as far away from Cena as possible. He should of been moved to Smackdown a long time ago due to wearing out his welcome on Raw.

Sure the fans love him, but hes faced everyone Raw has to offer as a face and a heel. If their position him to take the place of Edge and be the number one face on Smackdown you give they younger guys a chance on Raw to step up and open up some fresh feuds on Smackdown.

I love Orton-most of the time. However he is simply not on the same level of many others. He gives a good technical match. He cannot do good promos. He does not elevate others in the ring. He has a hard time modifying moves if something different happens (like when he was yelling at Kofi Kingston saying he was stupid when he would not stay on the mat for an RKO). He is very singular and self-absorbed. This is not someone that can carry a show. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back