Big Show-Raw or Smackdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelRioFan

Dark Match Jobber
This is my first thread, so I'm new to this. Last time I checked, Big Show was drafted to Raw a couple months ago, but for some reason he is still making appearances on Smackdown every week. Smackdown is even promoting the Big Show/Del Rio feud on Fridays when that is a Raw rivalry. Big Show has even started a separate feud with a Smackdown superstar in Mark Henry. After last night's Raw, it's guaranteed that his feud with Henry will continue. His feud with Del Rio might be over after their match last night. I think he needs to make up his mind on what brand he is on. I prefer him to be on Smackdown, but he was drafted to Raw, so he should only be on Raw. What do you guys think of this?

I was wondering the same thing last night, Shows on Raw, Del Rio's on Raw, Kane's on Smackdown, Henry is also on Smackdown. The four have been doing their fair share of branding jumping over the past few weeks.

Is our final pay off a Fatal Four Way featuring the 4 superstars?... I really hope thats not the case

When you're a person the size of Mark Henry or the Big Show, realistically you can go wherever the fuck you like, whenever the fuck you like, and nobody is going to stop you.

Would you really like to be the guy doing security at the back of the arena last night, having to tell Mark Henry that he can't enter the building? I doubt it. Evene outside of character, WWE have really finished the Smackdown vs. RAW thing where people shouldn't be showing up on the others brand. I'd presume since Del Rio was on Smackdown last week that he can go wherever he wants too.

Don't over-analyze it, just watch it.

Nowadays the draft means nothing to WWE. They like superstars to appear on both brands so fans of those superstars will watch both shows. Before wrestlemania we had Jack Swagger, Del Rio and Ziggler(while he was on smackdown) regularly appearing on raw each week.
Look at Alex Riley he was drafted to smackdown yet has stayed on raw the whole time. The same applies to Cody Rhodes who just showed up on smackdown last year all of a sudden when he supposed to be a raw superstar.

Vince mcmahon is a person who could change his mind on what to do with a superstar 5 times in one week so its not uncommon theese days to get crazy swerves like we have seen with the Big Show vs Mark Henry/Del Rio feud.
Big show isnt the first to appear regularly on both shows and he wont be the last either. At the end of the day the WWE doesnt have a big enough roster to fill 2 shows a week so some guys appear on both shows to help build feuds or give them more tv time.

Nowadays the draft means nothing to WWE. They like superstars to appear on both brands so fans of those superstars will watch both shows. Before wrestlemania we had Jack Swagger, Del Rio and Ziggler(while he was on smackdown) regularly appearing on raw each week.
Look at Alex Riley he was drafted to smackdown yet has stayed on raw the whole time. The same applies to Cody Rhodes who just showed up on smackdown last year all of a sudden when he supposed to be a raw superstar.

Vince mcmahon is a person who could change his mind on what to do with a superstar 5 times in one week so its not uncommon theese days to get crazy swerves like we have seen with the Big Show vs Mark Henry/Del Rio feud.
Big show isnt the first to appear regularly on both shows and he wont be the last either. At the end of the day the WWE doesnt have a big enough roster to fill 2 shows a week so some guys appear on both shows to help build feuds or give them more tv time.

I agree with everything you just said, except the part where you claim their roster isn't big enough to fill two shows. They simply don't use everyone on both shows, and are still stubbornly trying to hang on to the stars of yesterday, rather than take a chance on building new stars. I know, not everyone can be a star, but everyone can be recognizable and given a chance to support the lower to mid card program.

I agree with everything you just said, except the part where you claim their roster isn't big enough to fill two shows. They simply don't use everyone on both shows, and are still stubbornly trying to hang on to the stars of yesterday, rather than take a chance on building new stars. I know, not everyone can be a star, but everyone can be recognizable and given a chance to support the lower to mid card program.

Yeah i agree with you there, there is a lot of talent there that is being under-utilised such as Tyler Recks, Chris Masters, Zack Ryder, Brodus Clay, Drew Mcintyre, Skip Sheffield, David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd.
The World Title picture on both shows is pretty full(especially with heels) but when you look at the mid card(US and Intercontinental Titles) there is definatley a chance for theese guys to be used and given a chance to develop into top guys.
Every wrestler had to start of in the mid card Cena and Orton both had mid card title reigns and now they are the top two stars of they company.

Very good point, but as a lot of people have said, the brand split is pretty much non existent these days, which i for one dont really mind. My only gripe is that Alex Riley ( a smackdown superstar) is in the forthcoming Raw money in the bank match, and while i understand this is to further his feud with the Miz, i can't help feel that his spot could have gone to someone like Drew McIntyre.

The brand split doesn't exist anymore. Alex Riley was drafted to Smackdown and was on Raw every week.

Smackdown guys are on Raw so much I don't even think about it anymore.

I dont think they have enough established talent to even warrant having two seperate brands anymore. I guess they figured they need a couple of guys jumping back and fourth from raw to smackdown. Smackdown roster is pretty thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back