**MERGED** [OFFICIAL] John Cena has been FIRED Discussion

I have to agree with those who think Cena will just take some time off and get healed up and then come back, I'm guessing at the Royal Rumble, since it's in his hometown and everything. Why? Because other options would really hurt the storyline.

This is the culminating event in the Cena-Nexus feud. Sure, Barrett isn't champion, but he and Nexus did something no one thought possible. They got Cena kicked out of the WWE. That "if I go down, I'm taking you with me" attitude should translate into Barrett's heat going off the charts and I hope he milks it to show how Nexus is changing the WWE's landscape even when it's not winning. Having the Raw GM reinstate Cena or Teddy Long come out and sign him is an incredible deus ex machina which would derail the whole "Nexus is an incredible invading force" theme they've been going with in addition to ruining the dramatic impact. How would you have felt if say, at the end of Romeo and Juliet, it turns out Juliet missed stabbing her vital organs with the dagger and Romeo didn't drink enough poison to be fatal, so they both survive? And this happens immediately after the death scene. It would be unsatisfying. That's why Cena can't just come back immediately or go to Smackdown. It would hurt Nexus' credibility and render the storyline kind of a waste of everyone's time.

And as a practical matter, if Cena went to Smackdown, who would he feud with? There's only one ME heel there, and that's Kane, who should continue his program with Edge. Unless one of the many midcard heels there gets elevated, which I don't see happening as probably the biggest rising heel there, Del Rio, is presumably going to continue feuding with Rey and the others don't seem ready to go straight from IC-level stuff to feuding with the biggest face in the company.

How about havin Cena do somethin like the Miz did awhile back, where he wore the mask.

i think that john cena is too big a character at the moment and i think that he is too big for a gimmick like this...people need to remember that this is main event buisness we are dealing with

if the WWE is thinking the way I am thinking, then Cena is about to turn heel....it is so unexpected it would work...hear me out guys because I personally dont care if Cena turns heel or not...Im not one those losers on here like "Cena needs to turn heel to bring the Attitude Era back, yeahhh!!" ....im not that guy..Im saying this makes all the sense in the world to turn him heel because of one thing: the fans...if you really look beneath the surface, it makes sense...Cena could come out revealing that he is the GM....his whole branding of HLR could be just a way to get over the fans....he could say did you possibly think I was like this the entire time...hell no, Im the Doctor of Thuganomics....this would be entirely believeable....first...it wouldnt make sense that he would side with Nexus because that would be foolish...then it would make sense with the whole Michael Cole scenario....Cena is the only wrestler he never bashes, ever! Cole could be carrying out his dirty work for him, since the fans already hate him....Cena could then mock himself for the past few years with the colored shirts and wristbands....he would just say I was making money and merchandise...this would be the ultimate heel turn....I read somewhere awhile back that Vince wanted him to be the biggest heel they had ever seen....its right in front of our eyes...you were just not patient enough to really see the truth....possibly THE biggest face next to Hogan maybe more of all time will be THE biggest heel of all time...this way Orton will be the new face and of course I smell a title match at Mania between the two....

There is no way cena will be gone. There are not going to keep there cash cow off tv. The kids love cena. Only way he is going to be off tv is if he has an injury. With Mania around the corner he will be on every raw and several smackdowns before Mania.

if the WWE is thinking the way I am thinking, then Cena is about to turn heel....it is so unexpected it would work...hear me out guys because I personally dont care if Cena turns heel or not...Im not one those losers on here like "Cena needs to turn heel to bring the Attitude Era back, yeahhh!!" ....im not that guy..Im saying this makes all the sense in the world to turn him heel because of one thing: the fans...if you really look beneath the surface, it makes sense...Cena could come out revealing that he is the GM....his whole branding of HLR could be just a way to get over the fans....he could say did you possibly think I was like this the entire time...hell no, Im the Doctor of Thuganomics....this would be entirely believeable....first...it wouldnt make sense that he would side with Nexus because that would be foolish...then it would make sense with the whole Michael Cole scenario....Cena is the only wrestler he never bashes, ever! Cole could be carrying out his dirty work for him, since the fans already hate him....Cena could then mock himself for the past few years with the colored shirts and wristbands....he would just say I was making money and merchandise...this would be the ultimate heel turn....I read somewhere awhile back that Vince wanted him to be the biggest heel they had ever seen....its right in front of our eyes...you were just not patient enough to really see the truth....possibly THE biggest face next to Hogan maybe more of all time will be THE biggest heel of all time...this way Orton will be the new face and of course I smell a title match at Mania between the two....

for a second here i liked it until:

doctor of thuganomics....most of the people that watch wrestling nowadays have only been watching for a few moths (maybe a year) and think what the hell is cena going on about. so i couldnt see that.

cena/orton wm...no way, they wont do this agen (especially for their respect they had last night) and they vowed neva to feud agen so i wouldnt like to see this..neither will the fans

He needs to be gone for till at least 2-3 months in my opinion to really sell this storyline. More importantly he really needs an adjustment to his gimmick which has long since grown stale. This is a good thing for him, it's his chance to tweak the Cena gimmick more and come back stronger.

Here is another thought, the whole reason Cena was going to be fired is for refusing to follow what NEXUS told him to do. What is Cena comes out to say goodbye and of course, NEXUS comes out to spoil the party. Barrett talks some smack and he yells at Cena "You're Fired!". And Cena says, "I don't think so." Then the rest of the members of NEXUS jump Barrett. Cena takes off his purple shirt to reveal a NEXUS shirt. Cena is revealed to be the new leader of NEXUS. NEXUS could be getting tired of Wade Barrett and so they put CENA in charge.

He wouldn't be breaking the rules of joining NEXUS because the stipulation wasn't if he lost, he had to serve Wade Barrett, it was if he lost he had to join NEXUS.

Thoughts?

I can see a legit story come out of this, say Barrett fires Cena tonight, he's gone. How about if every week after people like Orton, R-Truth, Morrison (hell why not even darren young he has to do something ) start beating up Barrett and the rest of Nexus. Eventually Barrett will get tired of this and 're-hire' John Cena as his personal body guard because "no one messed with him when he was nexus, he was untouchable" blah blah... Cena's reasoning for aligning himself with Barrett could be that he was empty without WWE, it gave his life meaning etc. we've heard it all before. The way i see it is the only way Cena could get back into WWE without making the free or fired stipulation a waste of time is if Barrett hires him again.

I've got it!

Vince McMahon is taking John Cena off of WWE programming because he's got this brilliant idea to launch a Bodybuilding Federation! Yeah, a TV show that shows, like Bodybuilders working out leading up to a contest, and...wait, they did that already? Hmmm...ok...

Wait! John Cena is going to be put in charge of Vince McMahon's newest billion-dollar idea - wait for it - a football league! Sorta like the NFL, but edgier! Cena would be the commish, and - oh, whoops. Yeah, that's right, that did happen once.

Well how about this. Barrett hasn't technically fired Cena yet, so clearly he's not going to. It's Barrett's choice, no? It's such a gray area because I wonder if the GM said "will be fired" or "can be fired by Wade Barrett." Afterall, the match last night was Barrett's idea, not the GM's.

I also figure David Otunga will be involved somehow.

The suspense is terrible. I hope it'll last.

I've got it!

Barrett hasn't technically fired Cena yet, so clearly he's not going to. It's Barrett's choice, no? It's such a gray area because I wonder if the GM said "will be fired" or "can be fired by Wade Barrett." Afterall, the match last night was Barrett's idea, not the GM's.

I also figure David Otunga will be involved somehow. .

right...without knowing this, i think that the stipulation was that if barrett lost, cena fired. i think that he is just fired now..i dont think that wade barrett will fire him...hes just fired now.

david otunga is suppose to be getting a huge push...this storyline would make sense but i dont see it happening soon

Well, Barrett hasn't officially fired Cena...he could just come out tonight and say he used that as a stipulation to try and force Cena to turn on Orton...Barrett still has complete control of Cena, maybe the GM will be revealed tonight, or maybe the "higher purpose" will be revealed tonight.

I for one, am pretty damn excited to watch tonight

I wish the writers of WWE had an account on here, I'd rep the shit out of them for this Cena angle.

Like everyone else, I have no idea as to what is going down on RAW tonight. One thing I was actually thinking is the fact that there isn't really anymore faces left in the main event except Orton. Maybe someone is going to step up. What would be awesome is if Orton got taken out at TLC and than Cena, Orton, and Triple H all emerged and took on Nexus. Although there is no way in hell that is going to happen. If it does though, I can sig it like that tool did for his Bound For Glory prediction :lmao:

Seriously though, I am loving this story right now. Can't wait for RAW tonight.

I was saying last night that the best part about this is the fact that nobody has a clue.

The IWC prides itself on being the smart fan and knowing what's going to happen before it does. When that is the case, they then complain about predictability. In this case, only the folks involved have any idea what is going on.

Personally, this sets up quite a few things.

1. Cena made it a point to hug Michael Cole last night, but not Jerry Lawler. I found that interesting, myself.

2. Miz has started drawing attention to himself and the fact that he is 'getting tired' of carrying around the MITB breifcase. Again, his biggest backer has been Michael Cole.

3. The anonymous RAW GM angle has been going on for many months now, and the mouthpeice of said angle has been - that's right kiddies - Michael Cole.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws here, but I cannot help but feel that Michael Cole is going to emerge as the RAW GM, setting up both Cena's rehire (a la Shane McMahon / Steve Austin) and Miz's cash-in on Orton. Wade Barrett is still in the picture, but as a title contender, his best shot seems to have slipped away from him. Coupled with Seamus's inexplicable loss to John Morrison last night, RAW is in need of a top flight heel title contender. Who better than Miz, and what better way to set it up than to have his biggest fan, Michael Cole, announced as the GM?

I'd not be shocked if I'm right, but the way WWE has been playing lately, I'd not be shocked if I'm wrong.

Honestly, I think you're reading into it too much, but I've learned better than to discount anything IC says after he foresaw Miz's meteoric rise when everyone else thought he was prime release material. Seems silly now, doesn't it?

Nonetheless, in my opinion, the Michael Cole hug was simply to add some realism to the mix. Perhaps Cena and Cole are good friends backstage (we know Cole and HBK were buddies, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn he is close with other wrestlers as well) and he was trying to make it look like he's breaking kayfabe by hugging the heel announcer. He also hugged Orton. Orton is many things... a hugger is not one of them. If you're going to make a Cole GM conspiracy, then I think Orton has to be added into the mix.

Also, I don't really see where John Cena fits into all of this? Does he know Cole is the GM and that's why he made it a point to hug him? And if Cole does indeed rehire Cena, that would be a very face move, coupled with a very heel move in setting up The Miz for the cash-in on Orton. The only way I see it working is if Cena turns heel by being put in a non-title match with Orton by Cole and winning, and then allowing Miz to successfully cash in on an already beaten down Orton, and that would be a very weak heel turn for the biggest star in all of professional wrestling.

Like I said, I can't discount this Cole GM theory, but I can't buy into it yet either.

Got a few ideas about where it could go. Some of them are similar or at least partly the same as other posters ideas. I've got to agree with those who say Cena won't be gone for long.

1. GM announces a title rematch between Orton & Barrett on Raw tonight. Ref gets knocked out & both guys are down Barrett grabs the belt or a chair ready to blast Orton. Cena comes running down & grabs the belt/chair off him just as Orton's getting back up & he turns & hits Orton with it for Barrett to get the pin.

2. Same as above except GM makes Cena ref again for the match & he screws Orton out of the title.

3. GM makes a match between Cena & Orton for the title for Cena's last match. Barrett comes out & interferes to help Cena win it. Cena is then revealed as the leader of Nexus and possibly GM too.

4. Cena takes a break & returns the next PPV to interfere in an Orton & Barrett rematch costing Orton the title in a similar way to my first idea.

5. GM announces he'll be there via satellite to fire Cena on Raw tonight. Cena is in the ring with Barrett. Orton comes out & thanks him for doing the right thing & tells him he's sorry about him losing his job. Miz comes out acting all smug that Cena's being fired. Titantron comes on & it's a recorded message from Cena revealing he masterminded it all. They then all beat down Orton & Miz cashes in to win the title.

6. Barrett comes out & says that Cena won't be here tonight & that the GM will be there to announce his firing & reveal his identity. At the end of the show Orton comes out & starts talking about things (same as above) perhaps even with Cena on the Titantron looking defeated). Barrett, Nexus & a masked character come out to the ring. Nexus surround Orton & he successfully fights them off but turns around to be FU'd by the masked character. Miz cashes in for the pin & the masked guy unmasks to reveal it's Cena.

I know a few ideas are similar but basically I just don't think it's a case of if Cena turns heel but when. I think WWE knows everyone was expecting it before now & are trying to throw us off the trail to make it a shock when it does happen. Some people will argue that it makes no sense for him not to have done it before now given that he could have given Barrett the title already. But when does WWE ever take the straight forward route.

With the Vince higher power story from years ago there were easier ways for getting at Austin without putting his family through hell.

The only thing about my ideas above is that if he does turn heel he'll more than likely become champ & unless they do something like the "fingerpoke of doom" I'm not sure how they'd accomplish this.

Maybe the firing of Cena is a test to see how well Cena merchandise, ect will sell for kids, now that he's "no longer" in the WWE, and if results are good, they will most likely be somewhat similar to a Cena heel turn. (excluding new fans who cheer for heel Cena) this will give Vince and creative a possible predicition for what may happen in that situation.

If sales go bad, Vince will know Cena will not get as many buys, and a heel turn wouldn't be a great idea.

To the guy who said that the IWC pride themselves thinking they know everything and nobody had a clue yesterday I will explain to you how it works.

Being a "smart" fans and an adult I have some expactations in storyline and some opinion on where I want the business or storyline to go (Disclaimer I am not saying I am better or smatter than everybody here).

I am TIRED beyond the realm of possibility of a face Cena (yeah I am part of that group). To be honest I don't even watch Raw anymore half the time since I am so fed up with the product I am offered. I just watch and read highlights. I follow PPV closely hoping to be surprised but WWE never surprised me because it's always deception after deception.

Sure nobody saw the Cena being fired and staying face coming because it was the worst option imo. We were hoping for Truth to turn hell, for the Miz to cash is money in the bank contract or Cena turning heel finally changing his stale character. The IWC and fans like me try to predict the unpredictable and what could be the most shocking and game changer because that's how WWE used to be and it was fun to watch back then (sure I was a teen and maybe it can factor into the fun I was having with wrestling).

It's like the WWE is so focus to do something that nobody has seen coming these days and are so against the IWC that they look at what people REALLY want to see happen and are hoping to see happen. Then they take the option that people don't want and talk about and do it so they can say... "HA HA NOBODY SAW IT COMING!"

Of course we are not going to see the worst and most "predictable" and conservative option because we are hoping for so much more than a clean win from a referee where usually referee match have a twist ending.

Yes maybe it was unpredictable in the end but it was still lame and boring and the most unexciting thing they could have done. Sure I could watch Raw tonight and I may to see what they do next and how they reintroduce him but once he is back being Super-Cena I am still tuning out so in the short run you may have viewership increse but in the long run people will tuned out again.

I think Cena will mostly comeback to either Smackdown! or Raw because Barrett has no right to fire someone. Cena will then face with Barrett and will beat him. The outcome of a battle may have not been predictable but the war will be in the end.

Alright, so I read through the first page of responses, and I liked a few of them. Especially IrishCanadian25's post.

I personally do NOT see Cena leaving WWE in any shape or form. I highly doubt that he will even be off of WWETV for any extended period. I think he somehow could be a part of an even bigger picture involved with the "Mystery GM", or a few other options:

1) Involved with the Mystery GM (Who is an established HEEL at this point)

2) Some bizarre circumstance he isn't really fired, or is hired back.

3) (My pick atm) For the next few weeks, he will show up on RAW, and Smackdown, and possibly NXT and beat the living hell out of EVERYBODY because Cena is now infuriated with WWE for firing him. Eventually, he will be brought back in some way, shape, or form because of the GM (which ties into my #1), and continue tearing away at Nexus.

These are my suspicions. Don't bash me and call me stupid. These are just the slightly logical explinations in MY HEAD. :icon_neutral:

What I thought was going to happen is that John Cena was going to maybe get sick of Barrett's crap all night, and then eventually give him an Attitude Adjustment. Orton wins, and then Cena assaults Orton as well. John Cena grabs a microphone and tells Wade Barrett that Cena's Nexus, and Barrett's "Against Us."

That's when Nexus, led by Otunga, come out and beat the Hell out of Wade Barrett. Cena isn't fired 'cause technically, the previous stipulation when he fought Barrett was consisting of Cena having to be part of Nexus, and Barrett was always allowed to control him and make him do what he wants, 'cause that's what Nexus members have to do.

and well, maybe Cena and Otunga kicked Barrett out of his own faction.

This could turn Wade Barrett and Cena tweener, give Cena and Orton a little feud, give Barrett and Otunga a feud, and then maybe Darren Young and Tarver come back to feud with Harris/Hennig, whilst Slater/Gabriel have a normal feud with a normal tag team.

However, this isn't what happened, and I'm totally lost.

I must say that this is one of the best swerves I've seen in a long time.

I love sitting there trying to predict what's gonna happen. I predicted that Beth Phoenix was gonna come out when Lay-Cool began beating up Natalia. But after this match, I was left speechless. I kept saying that surely It won't end like this!

It was an ending that I don't think anyone could have predicted.

Now the question is how does he come back? Well I'm gonna throw out a prediction or two.

First of all, Cena will take some weel deserved time off. Then it won't be long before the GM finally reveals himself to be Micheal Cole. He just seems to be too "into it" when reading the announcements from the anonymous GM.

Cole will think he has control over the Nexus only to find out he's terribly wrong.

With Cena out of the way, the Nexus will run rampant on RAW and maybe even SMACKDOWN. It'll get bad. I can see them beating Orton for the WWE title and perhaps even taking the US title from Bryan. Before you know it, The Nexus will have all the gold. They will have taken over.

Cole will try to save the WWE by bringing back several superstars to feud with Nexus; stars like HHH and Jericho, but to no avail.

Vince will come back and try to control them but have no success.

Finally, the WWE will be desperate enough to bring back Cena to take out the Nexus since he's the only one who came close to doing it before.

This is my prediction so take it for what it's worth.

No Smackdown. No leave of absence. No heel turn.

I'd like to start by saying that I predicted this correctly. I said Cena would stick to his guns and cause Barrett to lose, thus getting fired. So hopefully I can go 2 for 2 lol

I fully expected Barrett to "Fire" Cena last night after the match. When he didn't I figured that this would happen:

Barrett comes out tonight to officially 'Fire" Cena and humiliate him in front of the whole world, only he doesn't. He says that that would be too easy for him and that his duties to the Nuxus have not been fulfilled, so he decides not to fire him, instead keeping him in Nexus and continuing to torture his life. Think about it. Each time the Nexus has suffered defeat, the net night on Raw they have a verypwerful showing. That is what will happen tonight. Barrett will humiliate Cena and probably order a handicap match, Cena v. all of Nexus. In the end, Barrett still wins.

First off, hello.

Second, this was the second shocker of the night for me (the first being the return of a certain Glamazon) because for once, WWE flipped the script on us. I guarantee you that a very high percentage of people were thinking Barrett was gonna win. I give major props to the writers for this move. Also, think of how high ratings could be tonight, to see EXACTLY what is going to happen to Cena. It's highly likely that Cena will be there to deal with the ramifications of the storyline fire, and this could be either the start of Raw or at the very end of Raw. Nexus members come out and talk about Cena, and then it ends with Barrett calling Cena out to handle his firing like a man (and possibly one last injury-angle-setup Nexus beatdown) which would help WWE not only sell the fired angle, but it would also add more flair (no Ric pun intended) to it being that Nexus injured him AND fired him. This would not only continue a great storyline, after Cena returns, but it would further up Wade's status as a leader of his stable/and his main event status as well.

Let me just say, that to everyone that thinks there is gonna be SOME loophole that lets Cena go to Smackdown, stop getting ahead of yourselves. WWE writers are slowly becoming very unpredictable with what they give us on their programming, so I know they're gonna have something set up for the long run to bring him back. He's FIRED. Storyline said he cannot go to Smackdown, he's done with WWE altogether. With all the directions Raw can go now while not focusing solely on Cena, it seems like EVERYONE still wants him to stay or go to Smackdown. He's fired, he will be back as this is only a storyline, but for right now, just sit back, don't read so much into every little detail, and enjoy the show.

I do think that Nexus beating down Cena to end the show would be awesome. Because that would give them TONS and I mean TONS of heel heat. To not only be the team that fired the WWE's greatest asset, but they also put him on the shelf for (insert time off here) days/weeks/months. This would be my favorite scenario tonight, how about the rest of you?

While i do agree with those saying Michael Cole is going to play a bigger part in this whole situation, do you really think he can be the GM? Is he sending the emails to himself from the desk with his mobile? Just seems stupid....

I also had no idea why Cena hugged Cole and not King or Striker, just seemed Random. Cole has started liking most of the heels, but he still says he respects Cena bla bla bla. RAW will definitely be interesting.

So i agree, Cole has something to do with the whole thing, i just don't know what.

While i do agree with those saying Michael Cole is going to play a bigger part in this whole situation, do you really think he can be the GM? Is he sending the emails to himself from the desk with his mobile? Just seems stupid....

I also had no idea why Cena hugged Cole and not King or Striker, just seemed Random. Cole has started liking most of the heels, but he still says he respects Cena bla bla bla. RAW will definitely be interesting.

So i agree, Cole has something to do with the whole thing, i just don't know what.

Hi guys, I'm new here but have been a fan and follower of wrestling since the early 80's. I've been following the thread for a while and decided to jump in finally. This forum seems to have some great perspectives...

In response to the quote above.... There are no emails, the laptop is only a prop. A few weeks back, the camera man caught a bad angle and you could clearly tell Cole was reading from a sheet of paper that was laying on top of the keyboard. IF the laptop was powered up, the script was on screen but there was no email client being used. I believe, They would not chance being at the mercy of a laptop malfunction during a taping. I was watching from home on a 90" HDTV and spotted the script... Even reversed the pvr to point it out to my wife.... I too am beginning to suspect Cole is GM. He feels the need to continually point out he is the new voice of the WWE.

I also don't believe Cena is truly fired. He needs some time off, just like Jericho and HHH. You can only abuse your body for so long before R&R is in order! He'll be back eventually with a new angle.

What now for Cena? Well its one hundred percent likely he's not turning heel. He just showed us how much respect he has for the WWE and the WWE Championship. What he did last night, really went with his gimmick and his character. A real hero for doing what he did last night. I ganrentee no other wrestler or superstar would've done the same. I'll respect John Cena more than I already did.

What will happen now? Most likely he'll be back on RAW. Maybe John will just come back around Royal Rumble or something. All I know is that RAW should get huge ratings for what happened tonight. A lot of people don't belive Cena is really going to get fired. I feel a swerve coming in this storyline. Maybe this will lead to a Triple H return or a reveiling of the Mystery GM. Cena will be back soon enough.

WWE doesn't need to fuck this up by having McMahon coming out and saying it didn't count or something. They need to go all ou with this. Put a Future Endeavored story on their homepage. Add him to alumni section on WWE.com. Maybe even go so far as to not mention him at all on RAW. Cena's future is bright. His career is now fresh and a new begining will happen soon enough. Nice storyline.

Here is another thought, the whole reason Cena was going to be fired is for refusing to follow what NEXUS told him to do. What is Cena comes out to say goodbye and of course, NEXUS comes out to spoil the party. Barrett talks some smack and he yells at Cena "You're Fired!". And Cena says, "I don't think so." Then the rest of the members of NEXUS jump Barrett. Cena takes off his purple shirt to reveal a NEXUS shirt. Cena is revealed to be the new leader of NEXUS. NEXUS could be getting tired of Wade Barrett and so they put CENA in charge.

He wouldn't be breaking the rules of joining NEXUS because the stipulation wasn't if he lost, he had to serve Wade Barrett, it was if he lost he had to join NEXUS.

Thoughts?

This idea I like, but there are flaws. We all know that Otunga is getting sick of Wade Barrett of being leader, and him and the rest of Nexus turn on Barrett and boots him out. But the thing I don't like about this is that it would turn Nexus face, and make last night look like a complete waste. I do believe that Cena will be made into a heel soon. How soon? We don't truly know until it happens. Wait for tonight and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back