**MERGED** [OFFICIAL] John Cena has been FIRED Discussion

I think every thing he said in his speech was true. Personally I believe he's just gonna take time off and see his nephew and family and then come back maybe in time for royal rumble. Plus it enables The Miz to have a major push with John outta the picture.

Once again WWE leaves me very underwhelmed. After that great speech and hugging Orton in the back, if Cena had come back during the main event and screwed Orton out of the belt and then celebrated with Barrett... that would have been the greatest moment of the PG era by far. Once again WWE screwed the pooch and wasted a perfect chance to turn Cena heel. They just keep doing the same old cookie cutter stuff again and again.

Nobody cares about Miz, on the other hand Barrett is drawing so much heat now that it would have been perfect to put the belt on him. It pains me to see what WWE has become. Just the same old same old stuff every night.

One thing is certain he is not....I REPEAT!....HE IS NOT GOING TO TNA!!!..im not bashing tna but honestly people do you think WWE would let go the most popular wrestler it has today and you think there gonna just hand them over to the rivial? NO WAY IN HELLL!!!!

Now back to the subject gosh i cant wait for the nexts raws cause honestly i have no idea where this is going...i mean i can see the whole him going to smackdown...i like the nxt story there...but what if he went all "matt hardy" and just kept attacking barrett tell barrett has enough and says fine ill fight you

I love how Cena refrenced the IWC tonight, that bit about all the women and kids, cheer and all the men 18 and older say Cena Sucks. we've been stating this forever on the forums, pretty much Verbatim, and low and behold, he gives us a nod!!!

Bravo Cena, there's hope for you yet.

In regards to Cena's hiatus potentially changing his character, it may or it may not. This isn't the first time he's taken time off (although to be fair, I believe this is his first hiatus that had nothing to do with an injury) so it doesn't necessarily mean he'll turn heel although I definitely won't rule out that possibility. He'll be back. WWE will take advantage of the fact that typical wrestling fans have bad memories and bring him back around or at the Royal Rumble. I honestly don't see Cena missing out on Wrestlemania. I think he'll either return to compete for a title match or end his feud with Nexus and Barrett.

Cena's hiatus can also help benefit the rest of the roster. Midcarders have better opportunity to step up. Last time Cena went on a hiatus, we saw the rise of Jeff Hardy. I think WWE is now trying to recreate that scenario with John Morrison. With Miz now a solidified Main Eventer, Orton still around, the Nexus still causing havoc, and HHH supposedly coming back, Cena being gone might not be such a bad thing after all. Should still make for some great television.

Just a thought here. Did anyone think that maybe John Cena did start the turn towards being a heel last night? John Cena is smart enough to know that if he interferes in Wade Barrett's match that the rest of Nexus will run down...sure enough..they did and chased off Cena...distracting Barrett enough for Orton to hit the RKO for the win...and since Nexus is off chasing Cena (and Barrett is out from an RKO)...what better opportunity to cash in for The Miz?
Turning heel ( in my off the wall opinion) doesn't really mean that Cena stays (or goes back) with Nexus. I do believe that staying with Nexus would be the best bet for a great heel turn...but that's the only way he can turn heel.

Just a thought here. Did anyone think that maybe John Cena did start the turn towards being a heel last night? John Cena is smart enough to know that if he interferes in Wade Barrett's match that the rest of Nexus will run down...sure enough..they did and chased off Cena...distracting Barrett enough for Orton to hit the RKO for the win...and since Nexus is off chasing Cena (and Barrett is out from an RKO)...what better opportunity to cash in for The Miz?
Turning heel ( in my off the wall opinion) doesn't really mean that Cena stays (or goes back) with Nexus. I do believe that staying with Nexus would be the best bet for a great heel turn...but that's the only way he can turn heel.

OMG... just...fucking...NO.

The guy just got written off television and you're still hoping, praying, and posting about a heel turn??

Face it, you all got your wish. John Cena is going to be off television for a while. Everyone got sick of him always being in our faces, always winning matches, and always being the hero. So now we all got what we crave... we wanted him to either turn heel or disappear from television.

The WWE appeared to make a very smart decision by taking him off TV instead of turning him heel. They all know that come time for Wrestlemania, we'll all be missing John... even the haters and smarks. So whether it's around Wrestlemania, after Wrestlemania, 6 months from now, or a year from now, absence makes the heart grow fonder. You don't realize what you're missing until it's gone... John Cena will be a perfect example of this.

Just like in the 80's with Hulk Hogan, eventually, fans grow tired of the hero. All we need is a break to recharge out batteries. Welcome to the break. Now, once Cena makes his long-awaited comeback, there won't be a split crowd reaction. He'll be 100% cheered by the fans and will come back to us as a monster babyface. It's an opportunity for the WWE to start all over again with him.

Ok if any of you missed it during RAW last night there is going to be a fatal four way for the WWE championship in DC on DEC. 7th, so how does WWE play the cena fired card if this event has been booked and promos are cut?

my thoughts is that there has been a little buzz over HEAT coming back or a show just like it, so with Cena being fired they said he could go to SD or Superstars, but if WWE bring up a new show or bring back heat thats the perfect card to get him in right?

D-man...I think you need to reread that last post of mine that you commented on...Nowhere in there did I say that he for sure did. It was just another idea that is (whether you deny it or not) entirely possible.
No...not everyone got there wish. I didn't wish for John Cena to be off television for any length of time....and how can you say for sure that he will be off television? The camera showed him leaving the arena last night, yet he still interfered in the title match.
Let's face it D-Man...everyone has their own idea of what they would like to see, what they want to see or what they honestly believe will happen. The fact is...some people happen to think correctly and some happen to think incorrectly. The same goes for you. Sometime you may be right about your "predictions" and sometimes you may be wrong. Unless you are Vincent Kennedy McMahon..you cannot say with 100% certainty that you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and guesses...it doesn't make them stupid for them telling others what they are.

I don't know what is next exactly and I kind of like that. Yes I know cena will be back eventually but the how and why remains a mystery to me and that is a good thing. in this day and age of the internet and spoilers are available anytime not knowing is exciting.

Does anyone else see the WWE possibly trying to create a two Face series here? I think the WWE is allowing Cena to take some personal time off and recharge himself and let the fans miss him for a little and this will allow Orton to become a true face. Also Barrett will continue to be a heel and now that Miz is the title holder at the expense of Orton i think the Miz will go from a midcarder to a mainstream heel in the next few weeks. I believe at Royal Rumble Cena will come back, he and Orton will continue their respect for each other both as faces and each will individually carry out their rivalries against the heels Barrett and the Miz. I know the WWE does this a lot once its stars become tired and give the fans a shake up of new faces to emerge (especially since Cena's firing(kayfabe) comes a week before the King of the Ring match where history shows that event has jump started a few hall of fame careers) but I don't believe Cena is going to be any significant amount of time (i.e. Jericho's two year hiatus) there was too much involvement by Cena in last night's Raw for him to be gone for any significant amount of time.

Cena's promo was one of the best, if not the best, so far this year. I don't know how long Cena will be out but I hope a while to actually make the storyline work. I believe Orton can hold up the fort being the top face for a few more months and the way Morrison is being booked, he could be the next big face. No doubt that when Cena returns, he'll be going after Barrett.

John Cena & Randy Orton tag team?. Orton owes him for what he did at survivor series, and I can see Cena returning and joining Randy to take out Nexus after Wrestlemania. Given the huge fued these two have had in the past, i think they would make an awesome Face team.

^^ the hug between them two at the end of Raw when Cena was leaving showed it all... if Cena doesn't come back as a heel (which i am personally hoping he does!) then the next best thing IMO is him & Randy become a face team. Not a permanent tag team, but them being friends & taking out Nexus together would be a good end to the whole Nexus/Cena/Orton angle.

Especially since I heard somewhere that the WWE is planning to keep Nexus around until Wrestlemania

It's also similar to HBK & HHH. Best of friends one year, having a massive fued the next year...

if Cena doesn't come back as a heel (which i am personally hoping he does!)

Firstly, This cannont happen for one main reason. WWE would being going agaisnt what he promotes in order to do this, illogically creating a controversial month in which WWE is critiicized for doing something they couldn't explain. John Cena is Hustle,Loyalty, Respect. Changing it results in illogical wrestling.

Maybe not a permanent tag team, but them being friends & taking out Nexus together would be a good end to the whole Nexus/Cena/Orton angle.

What happened last night on raw, is what i hope is the conclusion. Wade hopefully will draw back, knowing he can't earn a title shot, and i hope chaos erupts within the group.

then the next best thing IMO is him & Randy become a face team

Being a huge Orton Fan, and a Cena Fan, I agree this would be pretty cool. Although, i have a feeling they both would turn in a heartbeat for the WWE title, and combining that with their past would make for an unreliable partner, in which one of them Must go heel, leading back to the problem that either of them going Heel is illogical. Randy became Face, and cena will always be Face.

Firstly, This cannont happen for one main reason. WWE would being going agaisnt what he promotes in order to do this, illogically creating a controversial month in which WWE is critiicized for doing something they couldn't explain. John Cena is Hustle,Loyalty, Respect. Changing it results in illogical wrestling.

Randy became Face, and cena will always be Face.

Hulk Hogan creating NWO?? Many people would have thought you couldn't turn Hogan heel either, that proved to be one of the biggest and best shocks IMO of wrestling history. What better person to do a similar thing with then Cena? I think Cena needs to play a heel character, him being a face is just too easy now and it's all becoming a little boring. He needs to show he can do more then just come out and get cheap pop's from the Women & Children.

Also, wrestling is Entertainment. Yes Cena does stand for hustle, loyalty and respect, but at the end of the day this is a show. And the WWE should be trying to create the best show possible, regardless wether kids under 15 will be shattered that Cena is no longer their hero..

All the greatest wrestlers in history (The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, HHH etc) have ALL played heel characters while at the top of their career. At the moment Cena has it way too easy and a heel turn would add to the memorable Cena moments and also create ALOT of interest and drama!
Have him come back, help Orton win the WWE championship at Wrestlemania (either off Barrett or Miz), destroy Nexus, then have him turn on Orton because he has "missed" the WWE championship so much and during his time off he was "angry" no-one missed him (they can play this by not involving him at all and not bringing his name up for the next few months). And hey, he can still turn back to a face after all this. It's really not that hard to do!

Hulk Hogan creating NWO?? Many people would have thought you couldn't turn Hogan heel either, that proved to be one of the biggest and best shocks IMO of wrestling history. What better person to do a similar thing with then Cena? I think Cena needs to play a heel character, him being a face is just too easy now and it's all becoming a little boring. He needs to show he can do more then just come out and get cheap pop's from the Women & Children.

Also, wrestling is Entertainment. Yes Cena does stand for hustle, loyalty and respect, but at the end of the day this is a show. And the WWE should be trying to create the best show possible, regardless wether kids under 15 will be shattered that Cena is no longer their hero..

All the greatest wrestlers in history (The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, HHH etc) have ALL played heel characters while at the top of their career. At the moment Cena has it way too easy and a heel turn would add to the memorable Cena moments and also create ALOT of interest and drama!
And hey, he can still turn back to a face after all this. It's really not that hard to do!

There's only one problem with it. Its A giant risk, that might cost the company, literally millions of Dollars. Who do you think helps bring in all the revune? Only the most little kid dream wrestler, John Cena. Its too risky and i just can't picture vince doing it.

^^ they can use this time without Cena to create a new face (maybe Morrison?) to take his place and become that Face Money Maker for the WWE..

I just think what the WWE lacks today is surprises and shocks (by shocks i mean things out of NOWHERE that NO-ONE was expecting - again like Hogan turning heel). Miz was a surprise but let's be honest, we had all been waiting and waiting for him to cash in, and at the end of the day, he did have MITB so it wasn't that much of a shock.

Yes Cena heel will lose the children. But hey, they will make money off heel Cena too! Think about every man over the age of 16 who will support Cena as a heel, heck, i'd even go out and buy a heel Cena tee, it would be so cool to see! - And isn't by "firing" Cena and having him off the show gonna lose them money anyway?

John Morrison isn't the best example, but i can see where your coming from. People like Orton, Whom recently turned face could take Cena's spot. But theres one thing different between cena, and hulk. Hulk never once said he "Guranteed he gives out Honestly, Loyalty, And Respect"

Cena did. Going agaisnt that without forceable reasons conflicts the entire last 9 years.

I understand your point. And I don't disagree with it. But they are the WWE, they can do what they want and at the end of the day, a true fan is still gonna watch it wether Cena is face, heel or fired.

They can easily turn around what has happened in the last 9 years. By making the crowd turn on Cena, have him return as a WILLING member of Nexus, or as a Vince McMahon accomplice (obviously by saying doing this was the only way he could get back into the WWE an he missed it way to much to stay out of). Then go through a month of situations where he is forced to do the "wrong" thing and help the heels win matches, etc (similar to what has just happened with Nexus) except when the crowd begin to boo him, have him come out on the mic and get angry with the people for not understanding. Him getting angry at the people will result in them disliking him, turning into an eventual full heel. There are ways to do it. WWE just has to be creative!

Again, I understand your point. And maybe I just want to see a full heel Cena so much that im making up wild storylines haha, but believe me, there are ways they can do it properly...

I really don't know if anyone else has read the reports that have been making the rounds the past couple days, buuut...

Apparently the WWE is booking Cena as his "mexican brother", Juan Cena.

This sounds to obvious, and sounds ridiculous. I wouldn't put it past the writers to actually do this. Please don't rip me for this idea, but what if...

Juan Cena is actually Darren Young? I know it's a stretch. I'm just throwing the idea out there. PERSONALLY, I'd rather have Juan Cena be DY than Cena himself. It also plays off how Darren Young looks like Cena. I don't know how they'd pull this off, but it would give DY something to do, and maybe give him a push IF the writers pulled something off properly.

Then again, this could be a horrible idea. It just popped up in my head and I felt like sharing.

Thoughts?

i think its a stupid dumb and crap idea. what the hell are they thinking!

this is what i dislike about the WWE. they "fire" Cena, yet he is just as involved as ever. give us at least 2 or 3 weeks with NO cena mentioned at all to at least have us believe what happened at survivor series was true...

It may stick for while with the idea of Cena being "fired", but he's not going to miss any shows. You know he's going to be on Raw, week in and week out, making Barrett's life miserable. Paying him back for the months of torment that Barrett placed upon him, if you will.

I think it was actually a good idea, and well done. As the OP said, the entire Nexus angle was about shock and surprise. They interrupted the worst Raw episode of the year in that awful viewer's choice episode, and it came full circle with shock with Cena being fired in the same arena. Who would think John Cena, face of the company, would go from WWE champion to "unemployed"(kayfabe) in the span of 6 months. If anyone could claim they saw this was how the angle would play out from the beginning, they're a liar.

I don't think they need to, or will, add new dimensions to Cena's character. He's already shown he can be as ruthless as they come in his feuds with Edge and Orton. The only thing I could see adding is the him creating the same type of havoc upon Nexus that Nexus did to him. week after week. With a devil may care, damn the legal consequences "because Im not a superstar" anymore attitude, it could add a new layer to Cena, but he needs to remain the good guy in this, and not go too overboard, so it leaves no sympathy for Nexus whatsoever. Cena's my favorite wrestler, by far, and I think this is a great thing, for the aforementioned reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back