• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* NXT Season 4 Discussion

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
I found this recently on another site.

One crazy rumor making the rounds in the last day is that Michael Cole will be an NXT Pro for former ROH champion Tyler Black, now wrestling as Seth Rollins in WWE developmental. I have not confirmed this as fact but wanted to make a note since it's been making the rounds strong the last few hours. So, treat is as a RUMOR, not as fact.
http://pwinsider.com/article/53150/spoilers-and-a-crazy-rumor-for-wwe-nxt-tonight.html?p=1
Theres the link.

I think if its cool I love it for him to mentor a INDI star. great story line. I still wont watch NXT, but I find it amusing.

Do you like cole being a pro to the former ROH champ? Thought?

It's been verified as of late this afternoon that Michael Cole won't be an NXT Pro for Season 4.

PWInsider.com is reporting that the NXT Pros for this coming season will be Daniel Bryan, Alberto Del Rio, R-Truth, Chris Masters & Ted DiBiase. Not really sure what Masters is doing there as he hasn't done jack shit.

*Daniel Bryan, the first NXT Rookie to return as a Pro, will be mentoring Derrick Bateman.

*Alberto Del Rio will be mentoring Conor O'Brian.

*R Truth will be mentoring Johnny Curtis.

*Chris Masters will be mentoring Byron Saxton.

Ted DiBiase will be mentoring Brodius Clay.

Seth Rollins, AKA Tyler Black, isn't featured on this season. It's been said that, as of right now, Tough Enough is going to start in February so I'm wondering if he might be one of the cast members for that show.

I haven't watched end of Season 3 yet, so idk what everyone looks like, but going off of the pros, I would say that Daniel Bryan's rookie is going to have a hard time.

I'm most interested in Bateman, and it's not just because Bryan is his pro. Bateman's vignette had me actually chuckling when he described himself as "MANtastic". He could be a very good character, with his joking about MANLINESS, and it's nice to have a guy actually show some unique personality. He could be the Percy Watson of NXT4, except actually win. I've seen some of his matches in FCW, including a tag match with the Dudebusters, and he's not bad at all.

The other one that interests me most is Byron Saxton, for a similar reason: He's different. I've always been a sucker for the rich and privileged heel archetype (Alberto Del Rio, The Million Dollar Man) and he sounds like he could really play the part. His commentary experience means he could probably do well for himself on the mic.

Johnny Curtis is a good wrestler. However, I don't know if he has mic skills, personality, or a gimmick, since I haven't seen any promos of his, only matches.

To break it down amongst my top picks:

Curtis: Has the ring skills - can he talk?
Saxton: Has the personality - can he wrestle?
Bateman: Has both - can he connect with the WWE Universe without becoming stale?

DB paired with DB, coincidence much? Anyway, I agree with The Doctor, Bateman seems to be a 'manly' character. And wasn't Saxton a commentator on WWECW or something?

I for one wish they would bring NXT back to TV. I'm not going to sit at my computer and watch it but I did watch every episode when it was on tv.

I figure they will probably bring Tyler Black up anyways so he doesn't need NXT and the same with Richie Steamboat who I also was thinking would be in Season 4.

It seems like an interesting season, bringing back Vickie and putting Bryan as a pro when he was on Season 1.

I'm very curious about Daniel Bryan being a Pro. The first former rookie to be a pro. I could see the script going something like "You know, I used to be a rookie. I know what it feels like. Yadda yadda yadda..."

Brodius Clay is my pick to win, he looks like tazz, and with the same type of character, the suplex machine and has attitude. all the other rookies have that heath slater style.

It seems like all steak and no sizzle. Couldn't they at least put Tyler Black or Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed), Bret Dibiase or Ricky Steamboat's son in the mix? At least one of the names. Most people don't follow FCW, so I'm sure the majority of us have no idea who these people are. They may be breakout stars or total duds. I'm glad that Bryan is a pro now. I just don't expect anything special out of this season. I could be wrong though, but no one stands out.

I'm very disappointed in the announcement for next season. I was stoked when I heard there was going to be a fourth season, but it was mainly because I thought we would see Tyler Black a.k.a. Seth Rollins and/or Richie Steamboat. However, we get none of them. Of the guys that are in the season, I think I'm most interested in Saxton. I've seen a clip of him in FCW, and he looks pretty badass as a heel.

Regarding the news with Cole as pro, I'm happy they decided to not do it. Yeah, it would have been interesting. Probably very entertaining, especially if he was paired up with another "internet darling" such as Tyler Black. But I think its better this way because its the commentary of Cole and Mathews that has become not only mine, but many people's favorite part of NXT.

I am really getting tired of people saying Brodius Clay its not Brodius. It is Brodus Clay!!!
I want Johnny Curtis to win he is great in the ring but im interested in seeing Byron Saxton because i haven't seen him since ECW.

Well, seeing the Rookies for the next season is always a highlight of the final show. With the talent in FCW (which I have paid more attention to since the start of season 2) I'm kind of disappointed with the roster. Disappointed but not dismissive.

R-Truth and Johnny Curtis: I really like Johnny Curtis. He has looks and talent in equal measure. I'm not sure why this is a pairing. It doesn't look special or interesting and they seemingly have little in common. I expect R-Truth to have a very limited role as a Pro because of this (like Kofi and McGillicutty in season 2).

Chris Masters and Byron Saxton: This is just TV time for Masters. Saxton, with his striking (well, striking for NXT) personality, will be the star of this pairing. I haven't got much to say as this is possibly the dullest pairing there is.

Ted DiBiase (with Maryse) and Brodus Clay: Interesting. The 'perfect' couple mentor a tall, fat guy. Not that I'd say that to his face, he's huge. When I saw them pop up on screen, I was hoping that Brett DiBiase had come off the injured list and would be mentored by his brother. Now that would have been interesting. But alas, he is not. I'm excited for this pairing. But not as excited as I am for this...

Daniel Bryan and Derrick Bateman: I love the idea of this. They are both rather funny when given the chance. You could see that from Bryan from his days in the indys and from Bateman in the 30 second vignette. Bateman is good in the ring and - judging from the VT - has a lot of personality.

Dolph Ziggler and Jacob Novak: Like peas in a pod. The Miz and A-RY (that's starting to catch on) of this season. Wait, perhaps I should rephrase that because Novak isn't quite ready (where as Riley had the whole package). Novak has a good look but it he needs to improve. Ziggler is just Ziggler: absolutely brilliant.

Alberto Del Rio and Conor O'Brian: Who doesn't love Alberto Del Rio? I could be wrong but O'Brian appears to be an everyman character. At odds with Del Rio. But you already know that (see, that's what Del Rio says. No? OK.). I don't know much about O'Brian but I'm looking forward to seeing the two of them.

It's far too early to guess who may win. But to say who I'd like to win. That would have to be Derrick Bateman (with Curtis second).

wow, just crazy this guy looks like he has the possibility to make it to the final 3 at least. to me he looks like taz IMO, ok back on topic, i love this guys look, hes huge, i love the tats, the tz-like singlet, inm fact like i said i see alot of similarties, the singlet, and the use of suplexes,
images
, i love the mohawk, and just look at the look in his eyes......vicious...brutal..yea.
so does anyone else like brodus as much as me lol?
who( just from the 30 second videos) do you like the most?
and who do you think will win?
as much as i hate to say it johnny custis or bateman looks like a good choice to win

oh and if you havent figured it out yet, i am now a brodus clay mark

so does anyone else like brodus as much as me lol?

Likely, Brodus Clay's wife/girlfriend doesn't like Brodus half as much as you do. I'm sorry, you're right, that's entirely presumptuous. That assumes that Brodus Clay actually has a girlfriend. Pardon, where are my manners?

Look, The Undertaker is the only man that can wear eyeliner and still look intimidating to me. This guy looks more like Mantaur than he does Taz, honestly. I mean, he just looks like a fat pile of crao. In his heyday, Taz at least had some type of physical form, this guy is just a gelatenous pool of ooze.

Of course, it isn't fair to not watch a match of his. So I did, one of his with Lucky Cannon. Boy, this guy reminds me a lot of Rikishi. And in case you weren't aware, Rikishi is pretty shitty. I'm expecting him to make it a round or two, because the smarks will vote off the guy with the most muscles, and then he gets tossed. There's just nothing interesting. Different doesn't mean interesting, it just means different. And different can be a bad thing without the talent. Of which he just doesn't have

Johnny Curtis and Byron Saxton are the ones that interest me. I said to Remixie Steamboat that Curtis had a bit of a creepy pedophile look to him*, but the hair-cut really improved his look. As long as he doesn't pour rose pettles on himself, then he's got my vote for NXT. As for Byron, he reminds me of the arrogant MMA black actors from Undisputed 2 & 3, and they're awesome so he's got my secondary vote.

*http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=140306

I just watched a match on youtube, he's very very blocky. But I like his look and they may be enough to get him over as a monsterous heel on Smackdown. He should dominate big time if booked right. You mentioned him looking like taz, why exactly? Because of the MoHawk? He moves nothing like taz, he like 7 feet and last time I checked, taz didn't weight 800 pounds like this guy. Brodus Clay reminds more of a slimmer Big Daddy V, whom I sincerely miss. He's big, looks pretty powerful, but I doubt he'll get a world chaampionship in the WWE. I have high hopes for this season of nxt. Personally, I'm going for Johnny Curtis, but Brodus Clay will make some kind of impact on NXT. But he's not winning, not even close.

I haven't seen Steamboat Jr. in FCW, but from what I saw when he worked under the indies and occasionally was Donnie Steamboat, he's just too stale. Sure he's got in-ring talent but ask Benjamin how far that will get you.

Honestly, this season after taking a look at the rookies, I think it's a toss up really. I mean either of them could make a good mid-carder and unfortunately for them, that's all they're going to be.

I pick Clay to win. He has the factors needed to go in wwe. He can talk, he has a decent gimmick, but, most important, he can wrestle.

I remember seeing a match of his on fcw, and the first thing i said was "oh dear god wwe don't put this stiff guy on nxt" and of course...they do...

I don't like this guy at all. He's in a tag team in FCW but his partner is the shiner of the two, this man has mediocre wrestling talent. He's sloppy and slow, and his rolls come over his tights to where you'd want to change the channel. He does not have my vote.

This guy has got my pick. If any of you watched the ECW crap show, you'd know that Byron was an commentator for some time which already says that he has mic skills. I haven't really had the chance to see Saxton wrestle because last time i tuned into FCW, he was still a commentator but if any of you have seen him wrestle then do tell.

img0-5.jpg

Here's a match where he beats Derrick Batemen.
[YOUTUBE]h0fLwDlKMfA[/YOUTUBE]​
So what do you guys think about Saxton? I believe he's got the potential to be the next breakout star.

Reactions: .
My thoughts on the rookies after this 1st episode

Brodus Clay : I thought I would hate this guy based on his looks alone but I am kinda liking him actually and his story about being an orphan as a kid yet having been Snoop Doggs body guard and now in the WWE is very inspiring

Byron Saxton : Is annoying as hell , don't like him at all

Jacob Novak : I kinda like him , he seems to have decent potential

Conor O'Brian : Eh , whatever... but its amazing hes not dead after how many times he was spun in a circle by Bateman & Bryan

Johnny Curtis : Though he looks the best of the rookies this season , his mic time was forgetable , and his finisher in his match was pretty stupid imo (Top rope leg drop)

Derrick Bateman : Needs a friggin haircut badly , so badly that it clouds my judgement of him. I guess hes pretty decent at wrestling in ring skills wise though.

Reactions: .
Overall, the new rookies aren't half bad. They definitely cut better opening promos (collectively) than all of the past seasons. The matches showcased last night weren't half bad, nor were the candid interviews with the rookies.

I think there is a good balance this season. As far as I'm concerned, Brodus Clay is the true standout so far. He is big, has a unique look, seems powerful, and is surprisingly agile for a man of his size. Plus, the WWE is really lacking someone like him. Instead, we're stuck with Mark Henry who hasn't been relevant in years.

Well after the first week here are my thoughts on the rookies:

Brodus Clay - He scares me!!!! He has size, mic skills, and I don't feel like chewing glass when he's in the ring. He could win it all IMO.

Byron Saxton - I was pleasently surprised by the former ECW announcer, he has a great look, and has a great base to work from. He could go far even if he doesn't win. I've heard him be called the Next Rock:shrug:

Jacob Novak - Now maybe it's me but I dont see anything special in this kid. Maybe its the recycled Brian Kendrick Jacket, or the fact that he looks like Dolph Ziggler, I just don't see anything for me here.

Conar O' Brian - He is bound to be the Next Tyler Reks, and not the good version, The version where no1 gave a crap about him. He will be dedicated to wrestling on Superstars and taking a low card match on Raw or Smackdown

Johnny Curtis - I think his aura of a person SCREAMS HEEL!!!!! So teaming him with the Truth was a bit mind scratching, but i like the legdrop as others have not, not too many guys his size go to the top these days and for him to use the legdrop is a breath of fresh air.

Derrick Bateman - Again I wish they would haven't had him lose to the Rat Guy, but Bateman has All World Tools and is a dark horse in the competition.

Jacob Novak - Well he didn't seem to stand out in any aspects so far. He looks like a mix between Drew McIntyre and The Brian Kendrick but he uses very simple moves that don't look at all convincing. Having watched his FCW stuff, he hasn't advanced much and hopefully Dolph will help him out as this guy is very awkward in the ring. He had a decent match with Johnny Curtis but looks to be the Lucky Cannon/ Heath Slater of this season of NXT.

Brodus Clay - I don't even want to get into this guy. Having watched his FCW stuff(Where he has been in for about 3 years) he hasn't excelled even a little bit. He is slow, sloppy and seems to have failed selling 101. The only good point i can say about him is that he throws a mean looking T-Bone suplex. In reality though, this guy makes Husky Harris look like a cruiserweight and David Otunga look like Kurt Angle.

Byron Saxton - I expect this guy to be one of the big standouts of this season. He can talk but can also back it up with quite good wrestling ability. His impression on the fans during the challenge last night made them hate him. His video package was believable and it was a nice touch adding in his home videos. I expect him to win or maybe be one of the final three.

Conor O'Brian - This guy still has alot to show me. He kinda screwed himself by telling everyone how he looked like a rat. If he ever does go over then as a heel he will be doomed. This is his second time in WWE and it's hard to believe what he once looked like. He didn't get much ring time during the tag match other than to take an incrdibly long airplane spin. He has shown his commitment to working considering this is what he once looked like:
Ryan_O%27Reilly.jpg

Derrick Bateman - This guy seems like another standout to me. He may be one of the most fortunate rookies with his pro being Daniel Bryan, one of the most over faces in WWE right now. He seems to have good in-ring ability and could learn from Bryan.

Johnny Curtis - Johnny Curtis is the Wade Barrett/Kaval of this season as in he is the clear winner already. In his match with Jacob Novak, he showed us what he could do and got alot of support from the crowd. He has been in development with WWE for nearly 4 years now and having watched his FCW stuff he can go in the ring very well and has a good grasp of the mic. He uses a simple but effective finisher and is my pick to win this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back