• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Merged** Any Miz & Morrison comparisons, correlation, speculations, or discussion

Aww God, why me? I'm too lazy to debate...

I don't disagree here. I can't imagine a future WWE where The Miz isn't one of the top stars of the company.

Good. Good.

Who are you speaking for besides yourself?

Oh, I'd say about a couple other 1000 people, A good number of people on this forum also. And a good number of the top dogs here.

It has only been a year and a half and thus not much time to form any legitimate conclusion.

Uh, No. A legitimate conclusion can be made considering the facts are right there in front of you. In the span of a year, Miz has won the US title twice, the Unified titles once, and the Mitb. Also, the Miz has proved time and time again that he is worth something unlike your shit Morrison. And now you have Morrison, who has doen nothing more than just one IC. Morrison is just a lingering mid-carder. He hasn't really done anything since the split. Therefore, it's safe to assume (based on facts) that Miz will indeed be the better.

Morrison is shit. His character, his mic-skills, his in-ring ability....they are all a waist of time. And no this is not just my opinion, it is fact.

Sooooo, based on this, it is fairly easy to come to the conclusion that the Miz will have a more successful future. Unless, for some miraculous reason, Morrison ends up world champion and actually learns decent mic-skills and the Miz gets injured. Then, yea, Morrison has a better chance.

Consider: John Morrison and The Miz split up in April 2009. Morrison won the Intercontinental Championship in September 2009, less than a half year later. The Miz didn't win the U.S. Championship until October 2009.

John Morrison's title reign was [arguably] only as a result of Mysterio's suspension. Besides, that was over a year ago. We're comparing the Miz and Morrison based on what we have seen since now to when they started. Had we been talking a year ago, then you're point would have been valid.

Consider: The Rockers broke up in December 1991. Shawn Michaels didn't win his first WWF singles title until the October 27, 1992 Saturday Night's Main Event 10 months later. A year and a half after Michaels split from Jannetty, the only other title he won was the Intercontinental Championship for the second time with the help of Diesel, and that was pretty much right at the eighteen month mark. It wasn't until almost two and a half years after he became a singles wrestler that Michaels even had the historic ladder match against Razor Ramon in which he failed to win a third Intercontinental Championship.

And yet who ended up being the more successful of the two? Yea, thought so. Moot point.

Thanks for the history lesson, but you didn't prove a thing.

Good.

While I'm not a huge fan of the song, it undeniably fits his character (at least the character he started with since he now seems to have much more of an edge) and gets the fans going.

A shitty song fits a shitty character. Hmmm...makes sense.

I'm willing to bet there are exponentially more fans who would say that about The Miz than about Morrison. There really isn't a comparison as far as in-ring ability goes: Morrison absolutely destroys The Miz with a far more exciting, varied and interesting set of moves.

Exciting isn't the right word but yea, I see what you mean. I'm not denying Morrison has a better in-ring ability than the Miz. Though, I will say I find it boring. As I'm sure many others do as well.

Of course, one could certainly argue that it makes him more of a spot machine and less of a storyteller in the ring. I would agree with an assessment like that: The Miz is a better storyteller which ultimately is going to give his matches more emotion.

Yup.

As far as technical and physical ability, though, it's tough to legitimately state that Morrison sucks and actually be taken seriously.

Sure, to a certain extent. But still, I find his matches very boring.

Vince had the same hopes and ambitions for Mr. Kennedy and the far more inferior Drew McIntyre. Hell, Vince IN CHARACTER and ON SCREEN said he was a future World Champion. I'd be surprised to hear anybody say that they thought McIntyre would ever go far in this company at this point.

Why was this refernce made? Drew McIntyre didn't accomplish anything while being proclaimed the chosen one. Miz on the other hand, has been proving to be worthy of being a futre poster boy. And Kennedy? He's in TNA. 'nuuf said.

Pretty good? The Miz's mic skills are, as he puts it, awesome. He's a future cornerstone of the company pretty much from this alone. His in-ring skills aren't anything special, but then neither were The Rock's... and a movie reviewer wrote about Bruce Willis's new film Red, Hulk Hogan had to take steroids just to be mediocre.

Yes, I know the Miz's mic skills are AWESOME---never said they weren't. Also, Miz's in-ring skills have improved a great deal since he started. Don't deny that.

That's nothing less than hyperbole. He's definitely better than he was before, but he definitely has not improved "a great amount."

Compare: Miz in his ECW days to Miz now. Yea, he improved a great amount.

That's actually not a true statement at all. You may have forgotten that Morrison had a career long before anyone even heard of The Miz.

Morrison: Three time tag champ as part of MNM (with the first title reign starting in his debut match with WWE), two time I-C champ, ECW champ, two time tag champ with The Miz, I-C champ after split.

Miz: Two time tag champ with The Miz, two time tag champ with The Big Show, two time U.S. champ, MITB winner.

Morrison has an extra tag team championship reign, an extra mid card title reign, and an ECW reign (which admittedly can be considered just another mid card title reign) compared to The Miz winning the MITB.

Okay so you provided a few numbers. Want a cookie?

As far as actual accomplishments thus far, Morrison is more than noticeably ahead although I agree that The Miz has a brighter future.

:lmao: You mean to tell me that the only reason you quoted me was to brush me up on my history? God, you must be bored.

Technically, yea, Morrison has a few more belts than the Miz. But I used the term accomplished loosley. I ment that Miz is viewed highly more, proven more, etc. etc. than Morrison even with his title record.

Ok, so we done here? Good. I have to go do homework now...

I think Morrison will be the bigger star in the long run. I think miz will end up getting hurt while Morrison is probably in the best shape out of the wwe

Simple fact? In who's definition has Miz never had a fantastic match? Dave Meltzer?

How about Miz vs. CM Punk for the ECW Championship at Cyber Sunday 2007? Or Miz vs. Daniel Bryan for the United States title at Night of Champions 2010? Miz vs. Randy Orton on Raw a few months ago? Hell, Miz even found a way to make R-Truth matter for a few weeks. And to say he's not had a fantastic match? Really?

Morrison's work in the ring is sloppy at best and completely unsafe. He's been carried for longer than anyone could imagine, or do you forget that he's now ridden the coat tails of two partners and Melina to make him worth anything?

Sorry but all of Morrison's chances at the top were missed when he had all of the moment after Miz and Morrison split up but he let it go down the drain by not speaking up for himself or showing much dedication. Miz, on the other hand, has put himself out in Public eye so much with his own money even that he has cemented himself a spot to Cena's right hand which we all know is two seats down from Vince's left and for Miz.

If lost all respect for you as a poster, RIDDEN THE COATTAILS, are you kidding me, Morrison has far surpassed joey mercury and at the beginning of Miz+Morrison Morrison was by far the better star, one thing that morrison does is that he doesnt ride the coattails on anyone(except Shawn Michaels)
all of those matches you listed were with the best performers in the wwe at the point, Miz is the one whos grabbing onto coattails

Miz can cut great promos, but he cant act worth shit, after he won MITB i didn't know whether to boo, laugh or cheer, he isn't the next rock and never will be

In all fairness you did'nt back up your point at all. What you basically just did was say that The Miz is doing well now therefore he will be more successful overall and is better, fancy revising your arguement somewhat because I for example would be one of those guys who would make a case for morrison with sufficient reason

Well honestly you didn't support it so can't say much more about it and honestly you sound that to your better then everyone so let me try to make this response in a way you would like it.:banghead:

Miz- in every category Miz owns Morrsion. Now I don't call high flying a category but The Miz is obviously the next big thing. Morrison hasn't even had a feud in forever if you haven't realized where Miz truly has been awesome. He is making several great matches and is having the ability to make some great feuds and has proved that is promo skills are the best in the company. Morrrsion has one matches nothing else, Miz has won feuds sign of the future you bet you.

BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS PROVE YOUR POINT CAUSED HONESTLY I'D LIKE TO HEAR YOUR SUPPORT

Aww God, why me? I'm too lazy to debate...

Because you've stated some brash opinions that need backing up more than the fact it's YOUR opinion. And trust me it shows.

Oh, I'd say about a couple other 1000 people, A good number of people on this forum also. And a good number of the top dogs here.

So what about the other millions of fans out there?

With your kind of bigoted opinions and blatant naivety I wouldn't say your the most ideal person at all to speak for such a large number of people.

Morrison is shit. His character, his mic-skills, his in-ring ability....they are all a waist of time. And no this is not just my opinion, it is fact.

I think you seriously don't know the difference between the opinions and facts, seriously your just showing yourself to be a prejudiced ass with a severe lack of rhetoric to back up what you say. Your opinions are not facts by any stretch of the imagination, at the end of this what you think is irrelevant especially if you claim to be right when clearly you are not.

If your prepared to dismiss Morrison's abilities without giving the him the slightest ounce of respect for the art he has spent a good part of his life working for then you shouldn't be entitled to an opinion whatsoever.

I think it's safe to say that the majority of people who aren't keen on The Miz respect what he has managed to overcome and they respect his work ethic which has ultimately been the key to his success along with his mic ability and gradually progressing ring work.

Morrison draws a lot of attention to his ring work due to his precision in carrying out such daring moves, if he was unsafe to perform them Vince would not allow it, without question. Any aerial wrestler is susceptible to good and bad matches but that isn't always down to them, it comes down to many different factors including who they are against and whether they are well rehearsed, or also factors like the ropes being to slack or sweaty that they slip. If Morrison didn't want to be such a perfectionist then he wouldn't have trained for it as much as he has and is still doing.

If Morrison botched every moonsault or spring board move then Yes, he would be shit, but the fact is 9 times out 10 he hits them and hits them well, even if it's not what you want to watch in a wrestler you can't deny the pops he gets for the moves he can do and is capable of.

Most Morrison fans acknowledge the fact his mic skills are not his best asset, but he is constantly working on them and if you watch him over the last few years he has improved a great deal, along with the help of The Miz when they were together. Morrison probably knows this himself, as does creative, so I'm sure they doing what they can behind the scenes to improve that as it will be a hindrance if he is to move in the main event any time soon.

His character is believable, as is The Miz's. The Miz is more of a success story but ultimately he worked for it and that is a good selling point for the WWE as they like to push that working hard for what you want will eventually get you that. Morrison is yet to really have a long enough feud to really give his character a chance to shine, he is well regarded for what he can do but a lot of people want him to interesting like Orton or Danielson, and in time he will get that opportunity, every wrestler has that defining match that makes them.

This is my opinion, this is not fact, but at least I can back up my opinion and happily debate it rather than just assume that what I think is fact like yourself.

And yet who ended up being the more successful of the two? Yea, thought so. Moot point.

Thanks for the history lesson, but you didn't prove a thing.

He is making a very valid point and you are being too damn naive to see it.

He's saying that it took HBK years to get to the point before he was seriously ready for the ME, and that he didn't have constant IC and Tag title reigns throughout that, he came up short many times making his character believable as he would then keep coming back and improving before he actually took on one of the best at the time and won big and became the Legend we all know now.

Luckily in Morrison's and The Miz's case, they could both become big stars, it's easy to say that Janetty wasn't as good as HBK and is why he never amounted to much, but both Morrison and The Miz have enough ability to carry themselves and to both be valid and believable ME stars, either at the same time or a year or so apart.

A shitty song fits a shitty character. Hmmm...makes sense.

A very childish view.

Exciting isn't the right word but yea, I see what you mean. I'm not denying Morrison has a better in-ring ability than the Miz. Though, I will say I find it boring. As I'm sure many others do as well.

Oh I don't know, you did say he has shit in ring ability...Sounds to me like you are in denial.

Yes, I know the Miz's mic skills are AWESOME---never said they weren't. Also, Miz's in-ring skills have improved a great deal since he started. Don't deny that.

Any rational person wouldn't deny that.

Okay so you provided a few numbers. Want a cookie?

He stating the facts you didn't know to back up his opinion.

Technically, yea, Morrison has a few more belts than the Miz. But I used the term accomplished loosley. I ment that Miz is viewed highly more, proven more, etc. etc. than Morrison even with his title record.

Not Technically, it's a FACT Morrison has had more belts than The Miz. On paper and not down to opinions that makes Morrison the more accomplished wrestler, whereas The Miz is the more popular right now. Morrison must also be viewed highly if he is being pushed like he is as of late, they are keeping him close to The Miz because of their history and the fact they have good chemistry and could prove successful for both of them.

Ok, so we done here? Good. I have to go do homework now...

Please say that homework includes being less bigoted in your views and more able to make a worthy debate.

What a dumb ass thread. There's no chance to argue for Morrison. Maybe if Morrison was still a heel or this was an ABS contest but even then he still wouldn't come close. WWE buried Morrison a while ago when they turned him face and when they first gave him that Star-ship Pain which i call the "Star-ship Pleasure" because it look like it tickles instead of hurts. The Miz look is better, his connectivity with the crowd is off the chart, his promos, his matches, fueds, move-set, work ethic are an overwhelming blowout to Morrison. Hell Morrison doesn't even get any meaningful fueds or any TV or mic time worth watching. Next thread.

Of course, John Morrison is a lot better than the Miz by a long shot. I don't know what is so special about the Miz why WWE is pushing this guy. The Miz is an actor not a wrestler. He is boring in the ring. On the other side, JOMO is very athletic and can do moves that the Miz can't do like the starship pain and that flip finisher he did to beat Tyson Kidd. That was awesome! Now tell me if Miz can do that spectacular move. WWE need not to waste their time pushing the Miz because he is going nowhere. They need to spend more efforts in pushing a better athlete. I'll put my money on John Morrison.

Sorry buddy if "move-sets" is what should get you to the top etc then Shelton Benjamin, Brian Kendrick among others would still be in WWE right? I'm no Miz fan but if he's being pushed to the moon how do you figure he isn't going anywhere. Miz in a landslide. Until WWE turns Morrison back heel, change his music, persona, wardrobe, move-set, and actually push the guy by the way these are all things WWE did with the Miz then Morrison will have a pretty dull/ shit finish to his career.

In all fairness you did'nt back up your point at all. What you basically just did was say that The Miz is doing well now therefore he will be more successful overall and is better, fancy revising your arguement somewhat because I for example would be one of those guys who would make a case for morrison with sufficient reason

I didn't really make a case for Miz being better as it's like making a case for Christmas day being better than Pancake Tuesday. Everyone knows it already.

But yeah, Miz seems to understand his character and is very rare in wrestling today in that he has self belief and understanding in what it takes to get over. Too many guys are cookie cutter fun faces or arrogant heels. Miz has something else and given a bit of creative freedom can be really interesting.

Morrison is a glorified spot monkey. People can say Morrison is great in the ring all they like, he's more athletic than Miz - true, but I've yet to see great psychology from him. Honestly I've yet to see a load of great matches from Miz but Miz has all the tools to get there. Miz can brawl and like it or not 95% of main eventers need that.

Morrison right now is living of Miz and Morrison and The Dirt Sheet. Take away all that heat, overness and history and he's no better than Kofi Kingston or Evan Bourne. Decent in the ring with a few high flying moves the crowd pop for with no charisma or mic skills to back it up.

Furthermore, the Miz has great mic skills and is really comfortably on the stick, this again makes Miz's matches 10x better than his tag team counterpart. Cena squashed Miz and it still got Miz over because of the mic work done by Miz and only Miz in creating this quasi-feud.

Improvement? Morrison carried Miz on his back a mere two years ago. Miz couldn't wrestle and Morrison was a beacon of over whelming charisma. Or so they said. Two years later and Miz is one of the most charismatic superstars in the WWE and no that isn't hyperbole and proving that if you can get over, you can make people care about even the most limited matches. Morrison on the other hand is proving that it doesn't matter how athletic, agile and creative you are in the ring, if you can't get people to care then your matches are worth very little.

I like Morrison, his work on the dirt sheet was great but he's an awful face and even now we're all beginning to see he was still only the second best heel in Miz and Morrison.

For anybody that constantly questions morrison's mic ability since he left their tag team, I always refer them to this segment. It is far far entertaining and drew more heat then anything I've seen miz do and it wasn't even part of a storyline. It was an off-the-cusp segment and turned out great because of morrison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkDCzNmdoh4

AND PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT HIS MIC WORK!!!!!! This honestly does astoud me, when was t6he last time you even heard his speak! he said something to jericho the other week backstage after beating him, and I think if you listen to the crowd it went down well. My point is that Morrison hardly ever gets any time on the mic to do or say anything ever and that isn't his fault, I want to hear more of him but just like all mid-card faces in the WWE they just don't let them talk.

So honestly when people are drawing from somewhere that morrison as a face is shit on the mic not one person has cited an example. I would invite somebody to find an example and you will find that any segments of morrison talking have been sporadic and more importantly over with the crowd.

Another point I would like to make with reference to the characters' originality respectively. Morrison is, or at least was, based upon lead singer of the doors and 60s rocker Jim Morrsion. We all know from his segments in the dirt sheet that this made his character very laid back,cool and philosophical and whats more original, nothing similar to anything witnessed before in the WWE.

Now riddle me this, what is unique about the miz's character. I'll tell you where I'm coming from with this because the Miz during his mic segments at leats to me, does nothing original at all. he just comes accross as another kid trying to get to the top just thye same as any other heel guy, but he fulfilles no niche, he just acts brazen and loud trying to get his points accross, what good points he can make. In fact I think the fairest way to do this is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQNd2xwk8OI

So now you can judge for yourself...

Anyway another point his catchphrase. One of the worst catchphrases in the history of WWE, only one is worse currently and the is WOO WOO WOO you know it and you all kno who that is. Anyway...'IM THE MIZ AND IM AWWEEEEEESOOOOOOOMMME', ok can you try coming up with a phrase now that doesn't sound like it just came off the top of your head or like your a 10 year old, you already look like one lets not enforce the idea too hard.

Morrison's various (note VARIOUS) catchphrases friday/monday night delight, guru of greatness, shaman of sexy are all much more inventive and original and sound far better. not to mention the palace of wisdom.

OK now another point, people have said that since their split that miz has won the U.S. belt twice and morrison won the intercontinental belt once. True but I have a number of problems with assuming this means he has done more. OK morrison won his belt in september 9 edition of smackdown and held it until he was beaten by mcintyre, himself a future WWE champion, at the TLC PPV over three months later.

Now I don't know if anybody remembers either of the Miz's championship reigns but I honestly don't know if he ever even once defended the belt during an episode of Raw whereas Morrison was defending his belt on smackdown almost every week against drew mcintyre or dolph ziggler because the WWE knows he's a better wrestler and that his matches in themselves can draw. Miz all this time was getting mic time which is why if anybody feels he is so good now (which I have already expresed that i dont) it is because he is the one guy probably more than john cena that got to talk and talk and talk all the time. I will give him props for his reign with big show as he did defend against people often enough then but his second reign until it ended was exactly the same. He hardly defended his belt ever and if he did he didn't have strong competition. At the first sniff of a guy who was real competition, a guy that destroyed him mic wise when he was his <cough> "rookie" in the form of daniel bryan, and he loses, to his former rookie first attempt. I would consider morrison's 3 month reign against people better partly because he was holding the more prestigious second tier belt and partly because he defended it because he had the ability to, than the two reign's the Miz had as US champ that meant nothing.

If Miz succeeds in the WWE and Morrison does not, its because they dropped the ball with morrison whereas with the Miz they were trying to push it further than it was capable. Miz is still not limelight material. Unless he develops an individual personality and starts to do and say things other people can't do just as well then he never will be worth all the attention and push he has been given.

At this point, you would have to be insane not to think that The Miz was going to be the most successful of the two.

The Miz, since splitting from John Morrison, has really stepped up his game and although he still divides opinion from a lot of the fans, he is commonly referred to as &#8220;the future of the WWE&#8221; and that is the most telling sign. When you consider that this tagline has come from Vince McMahon, then it is hard to dispute that the WWE believe that The Miz is going to be the bigger star and I must say that he probably deserves that honour. Just like John Cena did when he was starting out, he takes on everything that comes his way in terms of public appearances and he seems to have all of the tolls to make himself successful.

Morrison, on the other hand, has really toiled since coming out of the tag team with The Miz. Sure, he has had some success but nothing near what The Miz has. When was the last time you heard him being referred to as &#8220;the future of the WWE&#8221; like The Miz is? A long time ago is the correct answer. Recently though, steps have been taken to get Morrison back into the main players in the WWE and it is now beginning to pay off. He has had somewhat of a resurgence lately and the decision of who is going to be bigger in the future has become more difficult. I think this speaks volumes of how well Morrison has been doing.

However, I think you need to go for The Miz. He is the Money in the Bank Champion for Raw and the WWE are high on him. He will be a WWE Champion in the future, there is simply o questioning that fact. Can the same be said about John Morrison? I don&#8217;t believe so.

This honestly does astoud me, when was t6he last time you even heard his speak! he said something to jericho the other week backstage after beating him, and I think if you listen to the crowd it went down well. My point is that Morrison hardly ever gets any time on the mic to do or say anything ever and that isn't his fault, I want to hear more of him but just like all mid-card faces in the WWE they just don't let them talk.

Morrison hardly gets time on the mic? Morrison has had several serious singles pushes. Morrison was the main guy of ECW at one point. Morrison has been holding belts for years. It's his own fault that after all this time they have no faith in him to deliver solid promos. Del Rio is getting promo time. Miz is getting promo time. You earn your time. It's akin to saying Benjamin never got the chance to get impress. He did. He never improved and lost his chance.

So honestly when people are drawing from somewhere that morrison as a face is shit on the mic not one person has cited an example. I would invite somebody to find an example and you will find that any segments of morrison talking have been sporadic and more importantly over with the crowd.

An example? Watch any Morrison promo. He has no flow and no comfort and if he isn't comfortable doing it I'm not comfortable watching it.

Another point I would like to make with reference to the characters' originality respectively. Morrison is, or at least was, based upon lead singer of the doors and 60s rocker Jim Morrsion. We all know from his segments in the dirt sheet that this made his character very laid back,cool and philosophical and whats more original, nothing similar to anything witnessed before in the WWE.

Now riddle me this, what is unique about the miz's character. I'll tell you where I'm coming from with this because the Miz during his mic segments at leats to me, does nothing original at all. he just comes accross as another kid trying to get to the top just thye same as any other heel guy, but he fulfilles no niche, he just acts brazen and loud trying to get his points accross, what good points he can make. In fact I think the fairest way to do this is this.

I don't think originality was mentioned. The Miz isn't exactly original. Austin as a redneck brawler was hardly original, The Godfather probably was. Tell me who was the better and more over talent?

Anyway another point his catchphrase. One of the worst catchphrases in the history of WWE, only one is worse currently and the is WOO WOO WOO you know it and you all kno who that is. Anyway...'IM THE MIZ AND IM AWWEEEEEESOOOOOOOMMME', ok can you try coming up with a phrase now that doesn't sound like it just came off the top of your head or like your a 10 year old, you already look like one lets not enforce the idea too hard.

Morrison's various (note VARIOUS) catchphrases friday/monday night delight, guru of greatness, shaman of sexy are all much more inventive and original and sound far better. not to mention the palace of wisdom.

This goes back to my original point, just because Morrison is a bit more original doesn't mean he's better. He can't do anything with these taglines and consequently is being given less promo time to quote them. So what good are they?

If Miz succeeds in the WWE and Morrison does not, its because they dropped the ball with morrison whereas with the Miz they were trying to push it further than it was capable. Miz is still not limelight material. Unless he develops an individual personality and starts to do and say things other people can't do just as well then he never will be worth all the attention and push he has been given.

Meh, I don't want to argue but you're coming over as a Morrison mark and incapable of making an unbiased opinion. You rattle on about things that are ultimately worthless and just ignore the fact that Miz is so much more smoother and confident on the mic, he belongs there. That confidence then transcends into confident matches. Not calculated spotfests with the odd botch.

A few of my friends and I read these forums to see people's opinions. And it's hilarious how some people say Miz has better grappling-wrestling skills (or they basically do anyway) and that all Morrison has are "spotty, high-flying moves"...why? because the Miz can do an "ALMOST" full-nelson face buster, a neckbreaker, and a reverse DDT? Yeah. Great. I may be missing one though, but probably no more.

However Morrison has shown capable of not only doing the crazy "Tricky-Shit" as a friend of mine calls it, but has more "grapple" moves in his arsenal which include: the belly to back wheelbarrow facebuster, DDT (the tilt a whirl version too), russian legsweep, a neckbreaker (he also used to use the corkscrew neckbreaker), fisherman suplex, STO backbreaker and the "C4" (yeah, technically that is a grapple). I may have missed one or two other "grapples" that morrison has used. Also, remember that Morrison has been classified in the "unique offense" category which is another name for: "high flyer" (in my opinion anyway) by the announcers, which pretty much means that the people in charge backstage WANT Morrison to use a LOT of "high flying" moves.

However, The Miz is a MUCH better mic worker than Morrison. And Vince Mcmahon really does want to push him. Which pretty much means that The Miz will get to the World Championship before Morrison does (practically guaranteed by his MITB briefcase). The Miz will, in my opinion, be bigger than Morrison. Which I'm fine with, I may prefer watching Morrison in the ring, but I definitely prefer listening to The Miz.

How anybody can say John Morrison over The Miz is beyond me. The Miz has everything going for him in the future, he's decent in the ring, he's a decently sized guy and he has most importantly great microphone skills. He has everything that it takes to be a guy with a great WWE legacy. Where as John Morrison most likely never will amount beyond the mid-card. At least I can only hope that he won't.

The Miz is most likely the future of WWE. He is a bound to be world champion. Something that John Morrison couldn't even dream of amounting to. John is most likely gonna be remembered as the new age Christian if you will, great mid-card career but his partner (Miz / Edge) was the more talented and the one with the bigger future.

Honestly, Morrison & Miz both have the looks, Morrison has the Athletic & In Ring ability, where as Miz has the microphone.
Shawn Michaels was never really great on the microphone until he got older? I think they will both be main eventers, and if I could have one wish I would say throw Morrison on Smackdown and make him become a world champion as a Heel for some time. (Years) then have Miz be a Heel and have World title reigns on RAW, keep them seperated so we don't constantly compare them. And when the time comes, have Miz turn face (easy as heel since he gets mixed reactions) and then make Morrison come over as an Accomplished heel and have them feud in a couple of years (2-3) with that said, it gives Morrison more time to become better on the microphone.. a whole lot more better and then Miz would have the ability to become a great in ring guy as well.
Giving the fans one hell of a feud, let alone the future of the company some light at the end of the tunnel?
They are both fairly young, remember Michaels was terrible on the microphone when he was younger, Morrison needs his "Sensational Sherry" so he can get help in the microphone section and develop some microphone skills.
Look at Ziggler for instance, great in the ring, Great look & was shitty on the microphone. This monday he was nearly flawless on the microphone, Vickie gave him so much heat and he played to it very well. I was there live folks, he did a great job infront of a hostile crowd.

Miz and Morrison are an enigma. Between the two you have the perfect wrestler. Take Morrison's in ring skills and gimmick and combine them with The Miz on mic and yea, a guy good in the ring and on the mic.

As singles they are both lacking in certain departments. Morrison has had better matches than Miz, but is really quite gruesome on the stick. He was at his best doing the Dirt Sheet mainly because he had the Miz to play off. In my opinion Morrison needs a little more charisma, if he can find that then he would be in a much better position.

The Miz is one of the best promo guys in the WWE. In the ring I don't think he's as good as some of the others but he'll get better, hopefully in the future. I can't really think of any feuds that he's had that were outstanding. But he comes across as a hard worker and can generate some serious heat with the fans. The fact that he's holding the MITB right now shows that at least the WWE have some faith in him. And if what others have said are true, with the departure of some of the top names, he's posed to enter the main event when he cashes it it.

So I guess the answer to the question is, The Miz, will be the bigger star in the future. Doesn't mean that Morrison won't get a title run at maybe the US or IC title, I just don't see him as main event material, and he's running out of time.

If lost all respect for you as a poster, RIDDEN THE COATTAILS, are you kidding me, Morrison has far surpassed joey mercury and at the beginning of Miz+Morrison Morrison was by far the better star, one thing that morrison does is that he doesnt ride the coattails on anyone(except Shawn Michaels)
all of those matches you listed were with the best performers in the wwe at the point, Miz is the one whos grabbing onto coattails

Miz can cut great promos, but he cant act worth shit, after he won MITB i didn't know whether to boo, laugh or cheer, he isn't the next rock and never will be

Seriously? Who called him the next Rock? It surely wasn't me, so don't go putting words in my mouth. The Rock is a one of a kind and can never be duplicated.

As for Morrison and Miz, I will give you the props and say that yes Morrison was the better spot monkey of the two tag teams. Morrison was the guy who could get a reaction, but if you remember, in all of those times he's had to have someone with him to be worth anything. Even in his early split from Mercury, the only reason people recognized him as Nitro was because of A- His rivalry with Jeff Hardy and B- The fact that he got to slide through a nice pair of legs every week.

And you mentioned that the people I listed when Miz faced them were the top performers at the time... Well how about when Morrison and CM Punk was THE feud of ECW? How is it that after that long feud where Morrison was paved to be a star, all he got out of it was nothing? He's been floating in the mid-cards since the split and is still floating now. And let's not forget his brief tag team with R-Truth... then again both of them needed the boost.

WWE could put anyone with a top performer, but it's up to them to make themselves look good which Miz has done every single time. He's been one of the main focal points of Raw for the past year alone. He's the current MITB holder and without a doubt is cemented as a future WWE Champion in the WWE. He is currently giving heat to Riley by simple association, and if I have to state the obvious, the WWE chose to put HIM as team captain of the top brand in the WWE... even over their golden boy.

Yeah, bring on the inevitable "Yeah well Cena's involved with Nexus" and I'll gladly remind you that WWE has always wanted Cena to represent Raw no matter what the current storyline was.

Morrison, right now, is doing nothing and nothing at all. He's a jobber on Raw after coming off of a job fest on Smackdown. His time in WWE from now on will more than likely amount to nothing more than IC title reigns... and that's if he's lucky.

I will agree that Morrison's mic skills need improvement, you're hearing it from a big JoMo fan. But Miz needs improvement too, his catch phrase is pathetically unoriginal... "I'm The Miz and I'm Awesome?" Seriously? That's horrible.

And how does ANYONE compare Morrison's in-ring ability to The Miz's? The Miz is a very normal wrestler. He's not at all exciting to watch. Even when they were a HEEL team, when Morrison was tagged in, the crowd cheered. And if anything, The Miz rode Morrison's coattails, Morrison was in the ECW title picture until he sided with Miz. Miz's first title was with Morrison, 2nd title... with Morrison. And how could you give him credit for winning a tag title when his partner is the Big Show? Morrison's 1st title reign... with Joey Mercury, I wonder where HE is now... lol, and who'd they beat? Rey Mysterio & Batista! Morrison already has a world title reign, which I might add, he never fairly lost (technically, the ECW title was a world title.)

If you remember, the week before Summerslam 2007, CM Punk signed a contract stating if he didn't win the ECW title match at SS, he would never get a shot again as long as Morrison was champion. Punk lost, and yet 2 nights later, he gets ANOTHER shot, his 5th in a row, and Punk won. Thats the way all of Morrison's reigns are, consistently defending week after week, giving the same guys opportunity after opportunity.

Morrison was consistently defending his IC title on SD! Miz had WAAAAY less defenses. Morrison's reign was better, and more dominating than Miz's two reigns combined. Not to mention their arsenals, Morrison has a phenomenal arsenal, Miz has a boring, generic arsenal. Can Miz do the C4? Can Miz do Starship Pain? Can he even do the Moonlight Drive? And whoever that was that said Morrison's in-ring ability is boring, you gave NO evidence of why your small brain thinks that. I've seen Miz botch the Reality Check... THE REALITY CHECK!!! And you're criticising Morrison for botching moves as difficult as Starship Pain and the Moonlight Drive. Morrison is by far, a MUCH better athlete than Miz.

Mic Skills- I'll just give it to Miz to be nice
Championship History- Morrison... Just do the math
In-Ring Ability- Morrison... NOT EVEN CLOSE
Since The Split- Miz... Gotta give him credit for MITB

In the end... both have bright futures... I don't think this question will be answered for years. But my money is on Morrison to have a higher quantity and quality of title reigns.

You see one of the problems with these questions is that often it results in blame being attributed to one guy. What you have to remember is that not every guy is the ultimate warrior. About 3 or so years ago when it looked like morrison should start his climb he went up a rung and then back down and has continued on in the same way ever since. Now people are far to tempted to blame the performer for this. Morrison back then had all of the tools to be big and was better on the mic, because he had more mic time.

So what you have to really concentrate on is, if miz becomes the bigger star which looks set to happen, is it because the miz is better, or because morrison should have done more. Or should more blame laden creative and management. I think morrison is still one of the guys for the future but if WWE outright refuse to do his ability justice, you can't blame him for that. Yes it looks likely that miz will end up being the bigger star but I think thats a cryin shame, because in my eyes he isn't.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope that what they have been doing is keeping morrison drifting so they can work on the miz and elevate him to main event status so the two can have a really great feud which I believe that they can. I mean morrison has been doing things this entire time, he has been one guy who has not been off our screens unlike most guys who come in and out and achieve nothing. Morrison has been slowly building a repetoire of titles and attributes unlike say Mark Henry who is going nowhere. I just can't believe that they would leave a great natural athlete out to sway in the breeze, mind you look what happened to shelton.

If WWE did indeed drop the ball with morrison, then such is the magnitude that surely it was a bowling ball they dropped.....right on their own foot...... that's just how I feel

This is just 1 man's opinion of someone outside looking in.

I dont like John Morrison, and I think his character is goofy. But I liked Johnny Nitro, when he came out with Melina. His music was better, his intro was better, he had a hot girl who was a wrestler...

They should have left him as Nitro IMO. But John Morrison... meh

Miz.. Since he was drafted to Raw and placed in that mini-feud with Cena he's done nothing but improve.. He was already getting better thanks to being paired with Morrison.

Everything he has done over the past year or so has been "awesome".. The Mini Feud with Cena, Teaming with Big Show and Jericho, that AMAZING promo with MVP. Being the Pro for Daniel Bryan and Alex Riley. Winning Money in the Bank, the storyline with summer slam leading back into the Feud with Bryan. That whole fued that just ended was awesome. Miz played that part perfectly. Beating on Bryan week after week. Running away when he had to, sacrificing Riley.. Talking himself up and then tapping like a little girl twice. Made Daniel Bryan look like a star. Well I mean, most of us knew who he was and what he was capable of.. But lets face it, the casual fans didn't and if it weren't for Miz and Cole he'd still be a nobody in WWE.

But in the past two years Miz has paid his dues. As well as improving tenfold all over. He's gone from a guy verging on being "future endevoured" at any moment, having to "change in the hall" under instruction from JBL (which I do not doubt) - to where he is now (championships, MITB suitcase). AND he is only second to Cena in the amount of time he puts back into the company regarding to Public Relations.

I guess my point is he is where he is now because he deserves to be there. He has busted his ass and is being rewarded for it.

But I'm definitely not saying Morrison is the pitts. He has been put over by the likes of Chris Jericho (for those on twitter). And has been in a load of good matches.. He just needs to get in there and seize an opportunity because hes been putting on fantastic matches with Hardy, Punk, Mysterio, Jericho, Sheamus, Bryan and Miz. His promos aren't terrible they just aren't main event quality. And thats what he needs.

But my pick is the Miz.

Miz to me clearly has the brighter future of the two.

If you want to look at it soley from an in-ring standpoint, the nod has to go to Morrison. They didnt give the man a DVD for no reason. If you didnt watch him during his year on Smackdown, he had standout matches with Rey, Punk, Ziggler, Jericho, Edge and J. Hardy. But that's really been it for Morrison ever since. And there's a good reason for it. He hasn't had a meaninful fued, because he can't carry himself live on the mic. Evan Bourne has standout matches all the time, but we don't think his career will rival The Miz's, do we?

I think what really has made the Miz break through and makes me give the nod to him is his "feud" with John Cena. I know he lost every match, decisively, but it was how he CARRIED himself on the mic while doing it. He took a page out of Jericho's book, and maybe even did it better by callling out the injured Cena.

In the last year, their career paths have taken drastically different turns. And I think theres a huge reason for that. Miz has shown that he has the "IT" factor, something Ive yet to see from Morrison. Miz is a 2 time US champion, was a Unified Tag Champion, is Mr. Money in The Bank, and his "decision" on whether or not to join team Raw was the highlight of Summerslam for me. He also is one of their leaders when it comes from a public relations standpoint, part of the reason why he won back the US title for a second time. My only criticism of the Miz in regards to his championships? He never defended them when he held them, unless he was losing them.

For those who say Miz hasn't had any really good matches to hang his hat on, you're wrong. When he and Morrison were fueding with the Colons, he and Primo had a TV Match of The Year candidate in 2008 on ECW. He had a solid title match against CM Punk at Cyber Sunday 07. He's had a couple good singles matches with John Cena on Raw. His win over Kofi for the US title was a good match. And oh yeah, he had two outstanding US title matches with Daniel Bryan.

But what is the clincher for me is he's the man holding Money In The Bank. Unless WWE is really going to drop the ball, they're basically acknoweldging that hes a future world champion! If they felt that way about Morrison, he would be the one holding the briefcase. While I think both will have long successful careers, based upon their body of work, presence, mic skills, and the "IT" factor, the edge easily goes to The Miz as to whose career will shine brighter.

I really like both of these guys. I have always been a fan of John Morrison, although I would prefer him in the role of a heel, where he is more naturally suited, as opposed to the bland and generic face he has regressed into. I was not always a fan of the Miz, but I have become one. He has worked his ass off, improved greatly in the ring, and developed mic skills and charisma and natural heel heat unlike few others at the moment.

Who will be bigger? Definitely the Miz. Simply because he will have been the WWE Champion by the end of 2011, and this is one accolade that I personally don't expect Morrison to ever add to his resume. I hope I am wrong in this regard because as I said, I am a big fan of John Morrison. But the Miz's skills are comparable right now to JoMo's, and the Miz's skills are improving while JoMo's have somewhat stagnated. The Miz has mic skills that Morrison simply will never have. Miz draws heat and elicits a response that Morrison just doesn't obtain, whether it be as a face or a heel. When all is said and done, the Miz will have had a more successful career in the WWE than his former tag team partner will have had.

Obviously the Miz and I'm not even a fan. John wasn't doing OK earlier this year but since on RAW he's been getting this slow and steady push. He beat Jericho twice! He's also been performing VERY well in his matches. His mic skills are improving slowly though lately he's not speaking much. That segment he did with Jericho cheering him up was hilarious! Miz mic skills are good (though people overrate the hell outta him), his wrestling was bad before but he is slowly improving but still isn't great.

Miz will have the better future but hey I believe John will have a good future if doesn't screw up.

1) The past careers of these guys in relation to each other. u dont see morrison winning money in the bank, and being raw team captain. miz has been like 3 time us champ. then, miz went into a tag team with big show for the tiles and coaching alex riley jomo- intercontinental.
2) Who you believe to be more talented in both areas mic work and in-ring ability. morrrison can't talk face. he cant insult people as face. he just can't. in ring- 100 percent. miz- AWWEEESSSOOMME mic skills, in ring could use improvement. his ring ability i'd rate b+.
3) Who you think is more suited for the job and why. Miz- hes got the mic skills, the look of a heel, the in ring, morrison, 100 percent in the ring, but if u cant talk, ur useless. fans want to see guys argue then fight. insults, etc.
4) Who is the better overall package (looks, charisma and memorability) see above

I really like both of these guys. I have always been a fan of John Morrison, although I would prefer him in the role of a heel, where he is more naturally suited, as opposed to the bland and generic face he has regressed into. I was not always a fan of the Miz, but I have become one. He has worked his ass off, improved greatly in the ring, and developed mic skills and charisma and natural heel heat unlike few others at the moment.

Who will be bigger? Definitely the Miz. Simply because he will have been the WWE Champion by the end of 2011, and this is one accolade that I personally don't expect Morrison to ever add to his resume. I hope I am wrong in this regard because as I said, I am a big fan of John Morrison. But the Miz's skills are comparable right now to JoMo's, and the Miz's skills are improving while JoMo's have somewhat stagnated. The Miz has mic skills that Morrison simply will never have. Miz draws heat and elicits a response that Morrison just doesn't obtain, whether it be as a face or a heel. When all is said and done, the Miz will have had a more successful career in the WWE than his former tag team partner will have had.

Absolutely spot on!

I remember watching The Miz when he came into the 'E' and he looked AWFUL! But it goes to show that hard work and dedication do get you places. Miz may not be the greatest in-ring performer, but his in-ring work has certainly improved, much like MVP IMO (I can feel disagreements coming!)

Miz is a fantastic Heel, and looks the part to fill Chris Jericho's shoes as the "egotistical maniac" for years to come (a very long Heel run please creative!)
His Promo's are entertaining, and he protray's plenty of emotion whilst spouting off his expectancies of himself, great Mic work IMO!

As for Morrison, I preferred him as a Heel. I like the guy in-ring, but he gets minimal Mic time these days, which is a shame. I'd like to see Morrison have a good Mid-Card Feud in '11, with an IC/US Title reign thrown in, PROVIDED he gets the Cheers/Heat that he needs. He's a decent performer, but again, needs time to showcase his talents, as opposed to quick matches just for "filler".

Both have the potential to hit the Main Event, but I do think The Miz is the more likely (we all know it'll happen with him having the MitB 'Case) to get there, and most importantly, STAY THERE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back