• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Merged** Any Miz & Morrison comparisons, correlation, speculations, or discussion

leemurf

Suck It!!!!
ok just a few things before i get started
1) i put this in the wwe section because its not really to do with raw but if you wish to move go ahead
2) i dont think this has been done before if it has im sorry
3) the thread title isnt the best i just couldnt tink of one :p

now this is my 3rd thread today, my first was about morrison succeeding and the second was the miz being a face and a thought occured:
the miz and morrison are going the same was as triple h and shawn now before you think im calling them the next hhh and shawn im not im just saying so far their career is going in a similar direction:

now the miz debuts and he is just in a few fueds because he is just starting off
john morrison debuts as part of MNM and its a successful tag team

(before i talk about hhh and hbk's debut and start of career i wasnt even born so i might have a few things wrong)

triple h started off as Hunter Hearst Helmsley and starting having a few fueds
shawn debut as one half of the rockers another successful tag team

now miz and morrison create a great tag team and some would say they were the best tag team of the 21st century. they where the two cocky lads who had there own show and would mock nearly everyone and they weren't affraid to speak their mind and they had their own catchphrase "be jelous"

hhh and hbk started dx the rebels of the attitude era, they werent affraid of breaking the rules, they had very funny skits and in ring segments and people say they are the best tag team ever! and who could forget their catchphrae "SUCK IT"

when dx broke up (or when shawn retired) hhh and hbk were hardy in the ring together until michaels returned and they had one of the best fueds and most brutal matches ever. then in 2006 they reformed and broke up again and did the same in 2009/10

then during the 09 draft both miz and morrison were drafted to different brands and they had a few matches against each other but noting major.

now what im asking you is would you like to see miz and morrison go in the same direction as hbk/hhh and by that i mean one day the two have a major fued and have great matches then a few years after they rejoin and form miz and morrison again and bring back the dirt sheet and be jelous and all that stuff or do you think its best to keep them seperated

I'd love to see these two have a major main event style feud somewhere down the road. If John Morrison can up his game even further, I would go as far as to say that he and the Miz will be the top guys in the future. The Miz is already on his way to be a main event player, perhaps by year's end. So it'd be nice to John Morrison up there as well. I'd also like to see a Miz and Morrison reunion as well. They're both young so they have plenty of time to do both.

OK Morrison up his game???
The Miz is the one who has to up his game...

Miz has NOTHING on Morrison. Morrisons athleticism by far surpasses the Miz...as well as mic skills...
The Morrison part of the dvd where you see him practicing Parkour was just awesome...

OK Morrison up his game???
The Miz is the one who has to up his game...

Miz has NOTHING on Morrison. Morrisons athleticism by far surpasses the Miz...as well as mic skills...
The Morrison part of the dvd where you see him practicing Parkour was just awesome...

Are you serious? Look, I absolutely love John Morrison and he is with out doubt the better athlete; he is World Champion bound one day, but did you just claim that Morrison has better Mic Skills the the Miz? I hope I'm misunderstanding.

Morrison is currently quiet terrible on the Mic. He's pretty decent as a heel. But he is no where near the caliber of the Miz's Mic Skills. That's why Miz has gotten to where he is now, and Morrison's been lost in the shuffle.

I certainly hope they will be. However in order to do that, they've got to push Morrison. The best place is Smackdown. If they build him for a few months their as a heel he would be an amazingly able World Champion. Hell, he doesn't even have to be heel. All he has to do is talk about how amazing he is, and make Chuck Norris jokes. Just don't insult the fans.

They'd also have to have a reunion in a couple of years, and actually make the gold.

Physically and in Mic work, they are very similar to an earlier DX. I see no reason why it couldn't happen, but 1. If Morrison is burried, then they'll never reach that level.

Now alot of people will gasp at the audacity of comparing the Greatest Tag Team of The Twenty First Century to DX, the wingmen of the Attitude Era, but I think given in a longer run, Miz and Morrison could have been one of the greatest tag teams of all time. They were just put out before they could really light the fire.

I have some of my idea posted in another thread I made of Miz.
I think he's taking Anderson's path on the way up, but I can see why you see the HHH path.

On to the answer, in my opinion, JoMo is the next HBK if the WWE dosen't drop the ball and Miz going to be the next Anderson in the main event scene in a few months.

JoMo has all the in-ring talent, looks, and attitude like a HBK, so if the wwe dosen't screw it up they got the new HBK in the wings

Miz to me is getting a similar push as Anderson got in the WWE before he was fired over udthe Orton incident. He has the cocky attitude, lod mouth and crazy and dragged out catch phrase that everyone joins in just like Anderson. Hopefully nothing happens to Miz like Anderson since I see the Miz have a bright future ahead of him.

I have some of my idea posted in another thread I made of Miz.
I think he's taking Anderson's path on the way up, but I can see why you see the HHH path.

On to the answer, in my opinion, JoMo is the next HBK if the WWE dosen't drop the ball and Miz going to be the next Anderson in the main event scene in a few months.

JoMo has all the in-ring talent, looks, and attitude like a HBK, so if the wwe dosen't screw it up they got the new HBK in the wings

Miz to me is getting a similar push as Anderson got in the WWE before he was fired over udthe Orton incident. He has the cocky attitude, lod mouth and crazy and dragged out catch phrase that everyone joins in just like Anderson. Hopefully nothing happens to Miz like Anderson since I see the Miz have a bright future ahead of him.

Not likely. There are some serious differences between Anderson and Miz.
1. Anderson was injury prone.
2. Anderson botched more.
3. McMahon is extremely high on Miz's work ethic.
4. Unlike Anderson, Miz is almost an absolute future WWE champion. Anderson was never given that real shot.

I don't see him as a Triple H either.

I see him as a John Cena/Chris Jericho hybrid.

Not likely. There are some serious differences between Anderson and Miz.
1. Anderson was injury prone.
2. Anderson botched more.
3. McMahon is extremely high on Miz's work ethic.
4. Unlike Anderson, Miz is almost an absolute future WWE champion. Anderson was never given that real shot.

I don't see him as a Triple H either.

I see him as a John Cena/Chris Jericho hybrid.

At first, McMahon wasn't high on Miz and he earned it by working his ass off. Anderson did have the shot at being champion until he was caught using steroids and relinquished the MITB to Edge.

As good as the Miz is, if Anderson was still in the WWE, Miz would still be in the mid-card and not contending in the main event.

So you think JUST BECAUSE you work your ass off you belong in the main event?
Well I work my ass off at work and so do many other people and guess what.... a lot of times you don't get anything special.
It takes a lot more then just a good work ethic and I just don't see why he thinks that thing has it

At first, McMahon wasn't high on Miz and he earned it by working his ass off. Anderson did have the shot at being champion until he was caught using steroids and relinquished the MITB to Edge.

As good as the Miz is, if Anderson was still in the WWE, Miz would still be in the mid-card and not contending in the main event.

I disagree. Miz would still likely be where he is. Why would Anderson's success destroy Miz's work ethic?

And last, but not least- Anderson just isn't wasn't as safe. It wasn't just the Wellness Policy that fucked him up, it was his injury proness as well. Along with certain botches, but that's another argument.

So you think JUST BECAUSE you work your ass off you belong in the main event?
Well I work my ass off at work and so do many other people and guess what.... a lot of times you don't get anything special.
It takes a lot more then just a good work ethic and I just don't see why he thinks that thing has it

Hell no. I spoke about the differences between Miz and Anderson.

The similarity- and the reason they both got into the spotlight in the first place- is there mic skills. I never said the JUST BECAUSE you work your ass of you belong in the main event, so don't put words in my mouth. :banghead:

Miz has the work ethic. He's arguably the best Mic worker on Raw and gets the heat from the fans, and he's decent enough in the ring to put on a good match. Those are the three reasons why he belongs in the main even.

I disagree. Miz would still likely be where he is. Why would Anderson's success destroy Miz's work ethic?

And last, but not least- Anderson just isn't wasn't as safe. It wasn't just the Wellness Policy that fucked him up, it was his injury proness as well. Along with certain botches, but that's another argument.

I just see Miz as Anderson's replacement of seeing the way they both are. That's why I say that.

EDIT: Could you imagine if they were both in the WWE main event? That would give everyone a headache. lol Going back and forth on KEEENNNNNNNEEEDDYYYY and AWEEEESSOMMEEEEE!!!! It would give me a migraine.

I don't see him as Anderson's replacement
Anderson was much better on the mic,
he was more reckless and whatnot but he was a lot more entertaining at least

I don't see him as Anderson's replacement
Anderson was much better on the mic,
he was more reckless and whatnot but he was a lot more entertaining at least

I say he's the replacement for Anderson since they're about the same size and have similar moves. Then on top of it, they're both loud mouth cocky ass wrestlers who both has US title runs and MITB victories. Miz to me is the new Anderson in the wwe.

I guess I just see a replacement as someone who I can kind of see that person in them...
Anderson just doesn't come to mind for me when I see Miz

Anderson is just a different kind of loudmouth...Miz is cocky but Anderson he's literally a big loud mouth, I mean when he's talking I think you could use his toung as a landing strip for a plan...

I mean Anderson IS A LOUD MOTHER F*****

Yeah there is no doubt that Anderson is the true LOUD mouth...
Miz is just annoying and he talks a lot but I wouldn't really call him LOUD like anderson
Anderson is in a whole different ball park when your talking about cocky personality

He makes people like the rock look humble and quiet...like the nice guy down the block
Thats why I think Anderson is a lot more entertaining on the Mic then Miz will ever be...
cause Miz doesn't shut up, most of the time I hope he does where I get a kick out of everything Anderson talks about

I wouldn't like to see Miz and Morrison reform for a long period of time.I don't think repeating something that was done years ago is the way to go_One reason that Hunter and Shawn were so good with their feuds was because they were friends and Shawn left.He left DX and Hunter and of course Hunter took the lead and the rest is history.But when Shawn cam back and Hunter turned on him it looked so real.You could understand why Hunter would do that.Plus they reformed to fight back against Vince.

So I don't want to see Morrison and Miz reform, Miz is on a role and will be WWE Champion in the near future it will happen before Morrison.Leave them so that they can be separate stars and become legends.I have never been a fan of reformed tag teams as they are done to recreate what was once gold.

I don't see that ever happening. Shawn Michaels and Triple H had a much bigger past with each other. They were together for pretty much the majority of Triple H's career in WWE. The Miz and Morrison I seriously doubt are directly best friends. Triple H and Shawn was displayed as best friends on-screen, Miz and Morrison just seemed like another arrogant tag team.

Besides Triple H and Shawn Michaels were at a whole other level, Triple H was pretty much in his prime year, doing some of his best work, and Shawn had just returned from retirement. That kind of momentum is nothing that Miz and Morrison could even dream of ever coming close to riding on.

So no, Triple H and Shawn is at a completely other level in terms of great careers of feuds and friendship. Miz and Morrison to me, just seems more like pure business and a bit of friendship, with yet a feud of epic proportions to happen.

I severely doubt that they will turn out like Shawn and HHH, both of these guys had an intense ability to react to them at the drop of a hat regardless of what they were doing. The Miz has been able to break out and do that, his promos have been some of the best that the WWE has seen from an upcoming singles competitor in a long time and can rip into just about anyone in an extremely entertaining way. Conversely Morrison has never been able to hold his own on the mic, every time he was entertaining he had someone there to back him up whether it was Mercruy, Melina, or the Miz and each time he attempted to break out as a singles competitor he would fall flat on his face and lose the support of the crowd. This guy is a step away from getting a Charlie Haas reaction and with his current face run he is no longer able to rip into people as he once did and is forced to do unbelievably horrible promos where he translates Maryse's french into the most childish sayings this side of John Cena. While Morrison is notably good to great in the ring his finisher kills it for me every time, all the athleticism in the world cannot make up for a clean finish to a match that leaves me feeling cheated and that is what happens every single time I see his botchtastic Starship Pain. The Miz may have not started out doing good ring work but he has definitely improved greatly in the ring, all of the backstage shenanigans that this guy did back in the day definitely payed off in the long run since it angered the veterans and forced him to get his act together and become just about as big of a workhorse as John Cena is. I believe that these 2 former tag champions have a very unlikely chance of being the next Shawn/HHH and will likely go the way of the Rockers instead with the Miz going the way of HBK and Morrison going the way of Jannety and fading into obscurity.

This is an interesting theory, and it would be great if it happened, however, I just don't think the same level of chemistry is there with Miz and Morrison.

Out of the two, I think Miz has a more promising future. Don't get me wrong, Morrison has a great look and his matches are pretty good, but he's had several years in the business now, and I think his promos are still very wooden and unconvincing. I just don't think he's got the natural charisma to be a top star.

Miz, on the other hand seems to keep getting better in every respect. He got in excellent shape, his matches are improving and his promos are entertaining and full of energy.

Getting back to your point, I think that the Miz has the potential to be a modern-day HHH or HBK, but in the long-run, I think Morrison would hold the team back from an entertainment value perspective.

I see the validity in the comparison, but only up til a point. In terms of body build, yeah, Morrison is the skinnier Michaels-type, where Miz is HHH-ish (Lev-esque, if you will), just with less muscle. They both formed successful tag teams and could well go on to main event, but in terms of character, I think the comparison falls short.

I agree with the comparison of Miz as a Cena-Jericho hybrid. Bourne's the new Mysterio, Sheamus is the new HHH, and Miz will hopefully carry on Jericho-worthy promo skills. According to reports, it also seems like he's being groomed to take on the role of face of the company, so the Cena comparison rings true as well, especially if you agree that neither can wrestle and neither deserve their push. Personally, I have no problem with Cena and really enjoy the Miz.

As for Morrison, I somewhat understand the new HBK title that was attached to him a while back, but I think he has a ways to go. HBK could definitely work the mic, but unless Morrison goes heel again, he will never be equal to his former partner's verbal prowess. In addition, he seems to have trouble hitting the Starship Pain. I won't say he botches every move, because honestly, I don't look that hard, but I've heard the bashing of Morrison botching a lot and now the SSP is quite hard for me not to notice. I always did love the Moonlight Drive, though.

Overall, I think in terms of look, the comparisons are apt, but I think it fall short when you compare them in terms of skill set and character.

People REALLY need to stop making comparisons of young guys to legends in the business. Triple H and HBK were two stars and legends of the business and will be forever remembered. Miz and Morrison, while I'm actually a fan of them, should create their own path to greatness and not try and be like HHH and HBK. And really, their careers weren't even close to comparable, at least the way they started it was. Miz was a reality character who jumped to the wrestling business. John Morrison was on Tough Enough. Both HHH and HBK got trained and worked around in other promotions before getting their big break in the WWE.

Could both be memorable? Yes. Should they follow DX's path? Fuck no. Make your own path and name.

I see the comparison and think that in time, maybe things could run along this line, but definitely not any time soon. The Dirt Sheet Duo was one of the most entertaining parts of the last few years in wrestling; however, all good things must come to an end. Look at how far Miz has come since then. Morrison was given his own separate push with the IC title, and while I feel they didn't let him run with it long enough or lose the title to the right guy (an ongoing feud with Ziggler could have been great), his mic work wasn't convincing enough for him to really establish himself. Let's face it: casual fans are more interested in characters than athletic and technical ability (see: Cena, John).

As impressive as SSP is from a purely athletic standpoint, I can't recall the last time I saw him hit it cleanly. Much like HBK though, Morrison needs to be heel in order to get over for the simple fact that young guys don't want to get behind someone so "pretty", at least not until he becomes a household name. If he had that arrogant streak back, I think it would do a lot to further his career. His mic work is wooden, but that's because he has nothing to work with. He's got this "rock star" gimmick, but it's never even acknowledged. If you're going to act like you're larger than life, then you need to back it up. This is the same guy who a short time ago said that he was omitted from the Bible because the church was afraid he'd outshine Jesus. What happened?

I see Miz becoming a world champion within the next few months, but God knows when Morrison will be able to get there. If/once they are both legitimately in the main event scene, I could see the two feuding over a title with a storyline based on the past. In the meantime, trying to mesh these two again will only hold the Miz back and I don't really think it would do much, if anything, to help Morrison. A tag team reunion in the future certainly isn't out of the question, but I think there would have to be a main event feud and additional story to back it up that would add significant fan reaction, much like the later reformation of DX. Until then, don't hold your breath.

i got to kinda say i think they are past their point of their careers where they be back as a tag team. they are both great the miz has awesome mic skills and morrison is great in the ring. i think they both want to go further in their singles career hopefully they would have a main event fued in a few years or so but i dont like how they did their past matches after they spilt morrison was constantly losing to the miz. hopefully if they do have a fued it will be morrison winning and the miz losing that horrible finisher the skull crushing finale is weak all it is a reverse russian legsweep

The Miz and John Morrison are both young guys who are on the upper card on raw. They used to be a tag team but split up where most thought that Morrison would be the ' Shawn Michaels' of the two and The miz would just fade away. Now it seems to be the opposite where the Miz is on the verge of a massive push whereas Morrison is fading away.

So my question is how would you or could a feud between the two happen. Eventually i think it will happen and it will be great for so many reasons.

Personally i would like to see the Miz cash in his MITB and take the belt to Wrestlmania. Then i would like to see John Morrison win the Royal rumble and face the Miz at Wrestlemania 27. This is extremely unlikely but i would love to see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back