Meltdown 133: Veejay vs. Tony Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camera turns on and with all the shaking and bouncing that's happening coupled with the low budget, grainy look to the picture it's clear that's this isn't a professional camera man but some random person with what's probably a camera phone. We see the camera bounce down the hall until it stops at a door that was left open a crack. When he positions the camera to see what's in the room it shows Tony Mancini again sitting in a chair but instead of having Gino with him we see Mikey Stormrage of all people walk into the room from a door on the other side with a bag of Taco Bell in one hand and a carrier with two Baja Blasts in the other.

Mikey: I'm not sure why you would want to see me but I brought some food just in case we got hungry.

Tony completely ignores the food and grabs both sodas out of Mikey's other hand as he stares at him while Mikey reaches into the bag and pulls out a Triple Double Crunch Wrap. As he takes a bite he keeps talking in the hopes Tony will tell him why he's there.

Mikey: Not hungry huh? That's OK I'll leave you some for later.

Tony: Don't bother Taco Bell is fucking nasty. The only thing worth buying at that place are these drinks in my hand. I didn't want to talk to you so we could discuss your horrible taste in fast food. This may be hard to believe but I need your advice on how to deal something going on in my life.

Sensing that Tony is about to say something important Mikey sets the Crunch Wrap down as he listens to Tony talk.

Tony: Not to long ago my parents died in a freak accident. What they said was the gas line was leaking which caused their house to blow up killing them both instantly. Since then I haven't been able to concentrate on anything. I should have been there. If I was I would have been able to prevent it from happening, gotten them out of the house before it happened at the very least. Instead I was off losing yet another match. Your mother passed away before your world championship match at Gold Rush. Even with everything going on in your life at the time you went on to beat Constantine and win the title. My question is how. How were you able to put aside the death of the most important person in your life and win the most important match of your career?

Mikey: Holy shit man, I had no idea that happened to you and you have my deepest condolences and sympathies. Out of everyone in this company I know what you're going through and how much it totally blows donkey balls.

Tony leans forward and stares right into Mikey's eyes with an intensity that people don't normally see as he talks in an clipped tone full of repressed emotion

Tony: Save your sympathies for someone who gives a shit. I didn't want to talk to you to get your sympathies or to have a shoulder to cry on. Trust me, if there was anyone else that was able to give me the advice I need we would not be talking right now because frankly I don't like you. Unfortunately you're the only person I can think of who as been where I am now so it doesn't leave me with any choice.

Taken aback my Tony's harsh words Mikey takes a bite of his Crunch Wrap as he tries to gather his thoughts so he can help the man across from him get through a difficult time in his life.

Mikey: The first thing that really helped me was giving the eulogy at the funeral. It helped me get all my feelings out so I could give my match the attention it deserves. Do you know when your parents' funeral is yet?

Tony: I have no idea, the last time I checked the FBI was holding onto their bodies while they investigated to make sure it was actually an accident and not something else. Gino should be keeping track of that but I'm probably not going anyway.

Done with the Crunch Wrap Mikey grabs a Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco out of the bag and takes a bite as he reaches for a Baja Blast. Tony watches Mikey reach for it and pulls it out of Mikey's reach before he can grab it, causing Mikey to narrow his eyes.

Mikey: I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds but I think that's the worst choice you can make. The Lethal Lottery is coming up and if you miss your parents' funeral you will never forgive yourself. Not only do you have as much chance as anyone to win the Lethal Lottery match and headline Kingdom Come; you also have the chance to go to the event and face quite possibly the greatest Eurasian Champion in history in Titus Avison as well as 2 other men in a fatal-4-way match.

Tony: And your point is? I plan on beating Veejay to move on to The Lethal Lottery and win the Eurasian Championship as well as win the Lethal Lottery Match itself and go on to win the World Championship at Kingdom Come.

Tony's words cause Mikey to shake his head as he sits there quietly for a few minutes and just eats his food.

Mikey: Drop the tough guy act Anthony, you're talking to someone who lost his mother in a car accident so I know what you're feeling right now. Trust me when I say that if you don't make a decision then you won't even make it past Veejay on the next Meltdown. I've teamed with him and I've seen him battle the best in this company and you'll need to be on your A+ game with absolutely no distractions or you will lose I promise you that.

Tony glares at Mikey for saying that he may lose but part of him knows that what Mikey is saying makes sense so he refrains from smacking him right in the mouth. Mikey can tell what Tony was thinking so he tenses up in preparation for a fight that thankfully doesn't happen.

Mikey: Don't do something you'll regret when you look back on this conversation just listen to what I have to say. Veejay and I have been friends for a long time so I know him better than anyone that's not his wife. Believe me when I say that he will be going into this match with a clear head and one goal in mind, to show everyone that he is worthy of being a champion despite being overlooked since he came back. You need to meet him in that ring with the same determination and clear head to even stand a chance.

Tony: No one is more determined than I am. People have done nothing but treat me like a joke since I got here. I've heard the whispers that my father forced Mr. Banks to give me a contract with some dirt he has on him and that I'm not good enough to be anything but a curtain jerker. Going or not going to a single funeral isn't going to change what people in the back think now is it? No matter what is going on in my personal life I will destroy your good friend Veejay and then go on to win the Eurasian Championship.

At a loss for words Mikey just sits there and eats his food while Tony continues to talk.

Tony: I can't promise you anything if that's what you're looking for. I don't know what I'm going to do to be honest. I loved my mother with all my heart just like you did yours but I can't say the same thing about my father. He provided for me and my mother and for that I do respect him but all he seemed to care about was his business and whether or not I would take over for him. Not once did he care or even ask me about what I wanted to do with my life. I don't know what I would say if I got up in front of everyone and was expected to give their eulogy.

Mikey: I can respect that. I can't say I agree with it but I do respect it. Something else I do that may work for you is imagine my mother front row center every single time I go out to that ring. It kills me that she can never watch me again or wish me good luck like she used to but I see her every time and that makes me fight like every match is the most important match of my career. Maybe it would help of you do that too.

When Mikey finishes talking he gets up and leaves the food where he put it in case Tony changes his mind later. As he closes the door he came in the camera gets bumped as Gino comes in the door the camera man is hiding behind. He looks down and kicks at the person who falls out of the way as the door closes and the camera snows out.

Dilip: I don’t know what’s going on with him.

Saffron: Neither do I. He hasn’t talked to me since he returned from the show.

Dilip: Where is he right now?

Saffron: In the gym. Has been there all day long.

Dilip: Should we go and talk to him?

Saffron: We definitely should.

They take off to go the gym. Both look worried, but they seem determined to find the answers to their question. Once they reach, they find Veejay punching away on his sandbag. They silently stand behind him as Veejay doesn’t heed their presence. He keeps up at the punching bag, each punch more intense than the last one. There’s no sound other than Veejay’s grunts and punches landing on the bag. Finally, Saffron decides to step in.

Saffron: Veejay, that’s enough for today!

Veejay doesn’t stop. He seems possessed as he goes on punching and kicking. Seemingly, he doesn’t want to listen.

Saffron: Veejay, STOP!

With a huge roundhouse kick, Veejay finally ceases what he was doing. Panting heavily, he picks up his towel and looking away from Saffron, goes and sits on the step of his makeshift ring.

Saffron: What’s going on, Veejay? Why are you acting like this? Ever since you came back from that last Meltdown show, you haven’t talked to me.

Veejay doesn’t say anything. Saffron sits beside him.

Saffron: See, I understand if you’re upset with the loss against Garth Black, but that is part of life. We win some, we lose some. Don’t hold onto it like this.

Dilip: Yes, Veejay! You gave your best and came up short. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Veejay finally breaks his silence.

Veejay: You two saw what happened, didn’t you?

Saffron: Yes, we did, Veejay. You did everything you could. You gave it your all.

Veejay: I did, right? I did give it my all! I left everything in the middle of that ring.

Dilip: Yes, man, you really did. We all saw it.

Veejay: Then you must’ve seen how it all was ripped apart from me. How was I cheated out of the championship?

Saffron: What do you mean?

Veejay’s voice crackles as anger emanates from his very sound.

Veejay: Didn’t you see it? I had it! I had it all! I had Garth Black laying on his back in the middle of that ring. And the referee counted 1….2…..3. You saw it, didn’t you? He counted 1….2….3. I had won it. I had the championship in my grasp. I could feel it! And yet, here I am, empty handed!

Dilip: Veejay, I understand you’re upset, but …

Veejay: I am upset? No, I am not upset, I am furious! I am angry! I want to rip someone’s head off. Do you know I’d gone before last Meltdown?

Dilip: Uhh…no…

Veejay: I had gone to see Mr Banks. I had gone to request him for a chance at the title. And I had it! I finally had the break I needed, and it was taken away from me!

Saffron: I understand your frustration, Veejay. But don’t hold on to it. You’ll have another chance.

Veejay: Like hell I would. Do you think they’ll just hand me a chance like that? Have you seen them actually giving me a chance in last 2 years? It’s all bull. And I am not going to sit lightly while they toy with me. I am going to take what’s mine.

A voice: Funny you say that, Veejay.

They all are startled by that voice and look around to see Vance Bateman standing at the gym’s door.

Vance: I actually went to your house but you were not there. By the way, fancy house you have here.

Veejay: What do you want, Bateman?

Vance: You’re talking about chances, about opportunities, Veejay. I am here to give you one.

Veejay: Are you now?

Vance: Yes, because your little drama with Mr Banks has given me some real headache to me. He is inquiring into whether I am a fair to everyone or not. But don’t worry. Here you have another chance at glory, for a title some may want to call bigger than the World title.

Veejay’s expressions change, like he sees a new ray of hope for himself.

Veejay: Let me guess, I’ll face Titus for EurAsian championship?

Vance: Close. You have a no.1 contender’s match on this Meltdown. You win, you have a shot at Titus’ title. But you’ll have quite a hurdle in front of you. You go up against…. Tony Mancini. I wish you the best of luck.

Vance turns away to leave.

Vance: And by the way, be very careful for what you wish. You lose this chance, you may not have another for a long time.

Vance leaves, leaving Veejay with a renewed vigor.

Dilip: Wow! Your meeting with Mr. Banks did really pay off.

Veejay: I am not sure if that’s the case. But I am not going to let this chance go to waste. And as far as that little scumbag from Little Italy goes, I am going to tear him a new one.

Saffron: I know you’re fully capable of defeating him, but don’t take him lightly.

Veejay: I don’t take anyone lightly. No one’s a pushover, but a lot of people think I am. I have to teach all these people who I am, what I am. And if that means putting someone down, even as an example, I am not going to shy away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back