Meltdown 133: Mikey Stormrage vs. Titus Avison - Non Title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titus: Two Hundred and Eighty Two days.

The voice of Titus Avison is confident as you see him from behind looking at the Sandia Mountains, New Mexico.

Titus: I've seen champions build up and stumble, I've seen alliances form and fall yet one thing has remained consistent. I hold the greatest prize in WZCW.

He spins around and has the belt in his hand, he holds it up and flashes his award winning smile.

Titus: It's funny how it works out, isn't it? Remember Johnny Scumm? Of course you don't. Yet he was the man I defeated at Kingdom Come 282 days ago. Can you remember who he defeated? Garth fricking Black. The current world champion!

Titus chuckles again.

Titus: So with that the sirens go across the universe and from the flames rises a Phoenix. His long time rival, I bet he wants his say. He may have won the feud but it's Black who has made it. What does that have to do with anything? They're all sticking their oar in and Tyrone surely has something up his sleeve.

Titus sighs at the thought of what is going on with WZCW.

Titus: Then there's Vis Imperium. A bunch of hacks who have something took over the tag and Elite titles. Yet last week Abel Hunnicutt showed how inept he is at tag matches. Yet he's a tag champion! Utter joke. Don't get me started on the Hollow Ones! Oooh trying to take over WZCW. Who isn't? Vis Imperium. Ty. Phoenix. Hollow Ones. Garth Black. Eve Taylor. There are two men who are WZCW. The Ying and Yang.

Titus looks at the camera and turns to point towards the Sandia Mountains, he does the pose he used to do through his entrances when pointing at the crowd.

Titus: The Yang. It's what you see when you think of WZCW. The man there from day one. The Five Time Oscar Winner who decided to enter the ring. Two time world champion, Elite X champion. Lethal Lottery Winner. Hall of Famer and the current holder of the biggest prize in WZCW. It is, of course, Titus Avison.

He points to the city itself.

Titus: At the other side you have Mikey Stormrage. Three tag titles, former world champion and former EurAsian champion. Kids love him, adults love him. Women, not so.

Yet here we go. It's the first time we've wrestled each other. We were supposed to wrestle at Meltdown 99 but the match was cancelled. So how does the Ying and Yang come to meet? Here's a story of two kids. We'll call one Lee and the other Yaz.

The camera now cuts to split screen. On the left is a blonde hair kid with a gleaming smile and a good physique. The right has a rather sizeable child with glasses. Both screens start with the same girl saying “GET A LIFE”. Both videos start at the same time and speak.

Lee: Get a life?

Yaz: Get a life?

Both men slump and sit down. Both look dejected. They both look up and see a poster. This is where the feeds begin to differ.

Lee looks up and sees a poster for a drama school.

Yaz looks up and sees a poster for the Nintendo 64.

Both walk home with a spring in their step. They open their front door and ask their mothers one simple question:

Lee: Can I start going to drama school?

Yaz: Can I get a Nintendo 64?

Bother mothers speak at the same time.

Mother: How much?

Lee: £300

Yaz: $300

Mother: No. Too expensive and will not benefit your life.

Lee: You never know, I could be the greatest actor the world has ever known.

Yaz: You never know, I could be the greatest video gamer the world has ever known.

Mother: You raise the 200 and I'll pay the rest.

We see a montage of both boys cleaning cars, taking out trash, mowing the lawn and other odd jobs. Their mother smiles and the next scene you see Yaz with the N64 and Lee at the drama school.

Mother: It's weird to see him give up on wrestling.

Lee: Oh I'll never forget wrestling.

Yaz: Oh I'll never forget wrestling.

The scenes cut through separately again.

Lee is shown on a commercial.

Yaz is shown playing a Gamecube.

Lee is shown on a TV show.

Yaz is shown playing a PS3.

Lee is shown at the Oscars.

Yaz is shown playing a Wii.

Both screens have the same music playing.
[YOUTUBE]PInuVXgxO1g[/YOUTUBE]

Lee is shown looking at WZCW HQ.

Yaz is shown looking at WZCW HQ.

Lee: I got a life. They will hear legends of me.

Yaz: I got a life. This is going to be great fun.

We cut back to Titus Avison. The champion is still smiling.

Titus: You see the thing is this is not a throw away match in the build up to Lethal Lottery. It's THE match.

It will be the Meltdown main event because people will want to see us both. They want to see Mikey Stormrage because they like a chase, see a man go after everything. Pit him against the man who will not be moved and you have a clash of Ying and Yang.

A Pause.

Titus: I'm going to love kicking his sorry ass all over town.

Oh and by the way the pre sale code for Kingdom Come is...

Fade to black.

96c3f.jpg

A knock at the door to my trailer made me look up from the conversation.

"Ready in two minutes Mr. Stormrage."

"Okay, be right out."

I stood from my chair and wobbled around in my mascot outfit. Why did I ever agree to do this? I opened the door to my trailer and had to walk sideways to get out.

"Is there anything I can get you Mr. Stormrage?"

The production assistant had been hovering around me all day. It was annoying but it was her job. I image that someone like Titus would be used to this, but it was an entirely new world to me.

"No thanks. I just want to get out of this suit and into my regular clothes."

She smiled at me and nodded.

"Okay then, follow me to the set."

We walked behind a couple of curtains and to the stage. Above me was a giant cardboard cutout of my personal logo, which was going directly onto the boxes.

1upmushroom.png

Pretty cool I thought to myself as the director gathered everyone into place.

"Okay, places everyone. Let's try to nail this is one take. Aaaaaaaaaaand action!"

A gathering of children sat behind me, all eating various generic brands of cereal and showing displeasure at the cereal.

"This stinks!"

"It tastes like burnt cardboard!"

"I want a real cereal!"

That was my cue to walk onto the stage and say my lines.

"Hey kids!"

The children all gasped and acted surprised.

"It's WZCW star Mikey Stormrage!"

"That's right kids, and I'm here to give you my brand new cereal, Gamer-O's. With a delicious blend of sugar, taste, and a super special secret ingredient, you're sure to love Gamer-O's. Above all else, they make sure, you ain't a newbie!"

The cereal began to pour down form my personal logo, raining down onto myself and the children. We all did our best to catch it in our mouths.

"Awesome!"

"Wow!"

"They're gamerific!"

"With hard hitting flavor, Gamer-O's are sure to say 'Game Over' to the competition."

The children then all joined in chorus with me

♪So if you want a hearty snack
With the stuff other cereals lack
Get a glass of milk
Or soy silk
And pour yourself a bowl
Put it in your mouth hole
Pick up a box of Gamer-O's
♪

"Cut! Good work, I think we nailed it. just have to check it out and add the special effects in post."

That was terrible I thought to myself. Is this really what children need, another sugary cereal to compete for their attention?

"Great work Mr. Stormrage, you really nailed the singing part."

"Thanks. You know I'm not so sure this commercial was a good idea. The writing seemed like something an idea depleted twenty something would write to avoid a deadline."

"Well personally I think..."

The production assistant was drowned out by the director yelling.

"We need the cereal mascot back on stage for some promo photos."

I sighed, as I was looking forward to getting out of this hot costume. I walked to the stage and took photos for what seemed like hours. Finally I was able to take a break and get to my phone, and I saw that Eve had text me.

m7ewl.jpg

It didn't sound like I would be getting food, so I went to the craft services table. One of the interns was also there and apparently recognized me, and began to talk to me.

"Big match against Titus coming up, huh? You think you can take him?

I shoved some cheese into my mouth.

"Titus is tough, he is a Hall of Famer, but I think he can be a bit cowardly, so if I can put him on his heels early I think he will cave under the pressure.

"What about your big rematch with Garth Black?"

"Black beat me, no way around that, but he had help. He can deny it all he wants, but the truth is, he didn't and he can't beat me on his own. He took something very important away from me, and I intend to get it back.'

I shoved some sort of pepperoni like meat into my mouth.

"What about Eve Taylor, is she your girlfriend or what? You must be lucky to land a girl like her.

I stopped chewing and thought for a minute. I had spent a lot of time and logged a lot of hours in my fantasy relationship with Eve over the last few weeks, but this was the first I had actually thought I had a chance. If some fan off the street thought we were compatible, maybe I had a shot after all.

I looked at the intern and simply shook my head.

"Not yet, but a boy can dream."

I let out a little chuckle, then signed an autograph for him before I went back to my trailer. Finally I could get out of my costume. I struggled through the doorway, but was finally inside and able to strip it off. As I stood naked, Eve sent me another text. As I turned to grab my phone, the production assistant was standing in my doorway, with a good view of everything in front of her. She turned red and I shrugged my shoulders and went about putting my regular clothes back on, before answering Eve.

pioqo.jpg

I walked outside and saw Eve, as beautiful as ever. It was nice to know that win or lose, she would be in my corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back