MD 103: Triple X vs. El Califa Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
With narrow victory against S.H.I.T., Triple X has finally flown to the heights many predicted of him, earning the #1 contendership against WZCW Heavyweight Champion, Ricky Runn. Now, he faces a high flier caught in high turmoil; El Califa Drágon. After the actions of his tag partner, Califa seems ready to let off some steam. He'll have his chance in what promises to be a high flying affair!

Deadline is Thursday, April 10th, 11:59 PM CST. Extensions available on request

The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

As the days past further and further from Ascension. As El Califa has watched the complete transformation of Amber Warren. As the "Dragon Queen" has taken full control, El Califa has decided he had enough! There was no choice but to humble his tag team partner, to see if there was anything left of the woman El Califa knew inside. He removed her mask, though it was against the very nature of lucha libre, it had to be done. This mask, this, Dragon Queen, it was consuming Amber in a way that would lead to her own self destruction. El Califa could not allow it, and though she rallied against his decision, he must see this through! Her thirst for blood has grown, and he fears even the TLC match that Amber had put them in will not be enough for the dragon....no....the demon inside her!

El Califa suddenly looks up from his writing, the lights dimming slightly in his office as the roar of thunder can be heard in the distance. El Califa wears a black and white version of his mask, and a two piece suit with the collar undone. He turns in his chair to gaze out the opened bay window, the flickering of lightning dashing across the cloudy sky, and soon the sound of rain falling mixes with the thunder. El Califa runs his hands over his head as he stands from his chair briefly, leaning against the edge of the window as he takes in the scent of the rain, breathing in deeply for a few moments before closing off the outside world again. He turns back to his desk, closing his journal slowly before setting it back into the drawer and locking it. Finally he reaches down and picks up the Dragon Queen mask, his fingers running along the designs of it.

El Califa: Does one's mask change who they are inside? When concealing his or her identity, does it inherently create a separate, new persona? Has El Califa worn his mask long enough that perhaps he never realized it? Yet, El Califa knows what he once dealt in, the anger and rage that he carried inside his heart. Did his mask do the opposite of Amber Warren's?

A knock at the door rings out between thunder claps, El Califa looks up as he sets the mask back down and calls out to the one knocking to come in. Enter the elder Warren, Nate, the manager of El Califa's gym. El Califa nods his head towards Nate to take a seat before he does the same. Califa rubs the back of his head absentmindedly as he stares down at the mask again. Nate sits down in front of the desk, his eyes quickly averting to the Dragon Queen Mask as well.

El Califa: You share the same sentiments as El Califa regarding this mask don't you Nate?

Nate doesn't respond, merely picking up the mask and staring at it, his thumbs running along the designs before suddenly crumpling the mask in his hand.

Nate: What happened to my sister Califa? She goes and buys this mask and soon she's acting like she's the Queen Bitch. Pardon my language but damn it do you know what she's done to the students in the gym? She using them as her personal punching bag, she doesn't care about their progression or even if she hurts them. Amber was never this way Califa! Not until this mask came into her life.

El Califa: El Califa agrees with you Nate. However, Amber has never been better as a competitor up to this point now either.

Nate: So what if she is Califa? She's becoming someone she's not. Look what she did to Haven on Ascension! He's got a pretty good concussion, they're not even sure if he can make it to All or Nothing now! The real Amber wouldn't have done that to anyone!

El Califa sighs as he motions for Nate to hand the mask back over. Nate does so grudgingly, the look on his face showing he'd rather tear the mask up then have it remain whole. El Califa holds the mask before standing and opening the safe in the wall to the side of the desk. He places the mask inside next to another mask, but one that is concealed by El Calfia's arm. He places his head against the wall before turning back towards Nate.

El Califa: Amber is going to self destruct Nathan. Unless we do something, she will lead herself down the path that he has seen all too often. It's why El Califa removed her mask for now Nate. It may just be symbolic but if she can humble herself and learn from what she has done, she will only grow as a warrior and as a person.

Nate: Burn that mask Califa.

El Califa tilts his head sideways at Nate's sudden request, Nate's hands are balled up into fists, his eyes staring down towards the ground. He looks up at Califa, his eyes wide in anger.

Nate: There's something not right about the Dragon Queen Mask Califa. We need to destroy it right now before it destroys Amber.

El Califa: You're overreacting Nate, it's just a mask. El Califa has hundreds of them, and none of them cause change like this. This is no different, this is all in Amber's head, and we just have to snap her out of it.

Nate: I feel uneasy about this Califa. I would feel safer if we destroyed it and we got her a new mask. She can use one of your old ones can't she? It's just one mask.

El Califa crosses his arms as he shakes his head towards Nate. The luchador walks over to the other side of the study, picking up his Tag Team Title and tossing it on his desk. He also removes a red and blue version of his mask from one of the stands and places it on top of the title belt. Califa places his hand on top, looking down to Nate.

El Califa: Every mask has a story Nate. Every one of these is a part of his history. To destroy even one of these masks on purpose, is to throw away his name El Califa Dragón De Las Calles. That is his full and proper luchador name. To even think of maiming any of these masks would be almost heretical in the legend of lucha libre. You see Nate, the Dragon Queen mask is even more than that to your sister. This was designed by her hand, and this is the mask that she created. To destroy the mask would be to destroy your sister's heart and will Nate. It would be destroying her story and her personal struggle to get to where she is. While we don't agree with what has changed inside of her, we cannot simply extinguish the flame inside of her!

Nate goes silent again as El Califa leans down and over his desk, looking straight forward at Nate. He straightens back up and takes the red and blue mask back over to the stand it was on, placing it down gently and smoothing it back out.

Nate: You're right Califa, I can't do that to Amber, even if she has been acting this way. So what do you propose we do then?

El Califa sighs as he turns back around, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed once more. His head is lowered to his chest as he contemplates on what to do.

El Califa: Let's give it a few days Nate. El Califa has it locked up safely, and let's see how Amber responds. If she comes back to us and how she used to be, then we give her the mask back. If it doesn't change, then we keep it locked away until she proves otherwise.

Nate suddenly laughs, almost a nervous laugh or even out of just frustration as he claps his hands once. El Califa tilts his head to the side again, unsure of what Nate's thinking.

Nate: Never thought I'd see the day where I had to act like my parents and take something away from her like a spoiled kid.

El Califa: It's for the best right now Nate.

Nate: Yeah, I agree with you. We'll see if it does any good though.

Nate gets up and shakes hands with El Califa as the scene fades away.

Three days have passed since El Califa had taken the Dragon Queen Mask away. Amber seems to have returned to her normal self, her cheery smile warming the room up as we kept her on the sidelines at the gym. El Califa had been preparing diligently for his match against Triple X. Though he is focused on being Tag Team Champion, he also realizes that defeating the World Champion and his number one contender would open up many doors for El Califa. He had to take that chance, though at what cost to his partnership? Nate has gone ahead and given Amber the Dragon Queen Mask back to her, though what results that has El Califa is unsure. Meltdown was mere days away, he could not afford to be distracted from his goal of defeating Triple X. He prays that Amber remains her normal self. He has not told her who his opponent is this week, afraid of what may come of her reaction.

Califa looks up once more from his writing, this time a far nicer day outside, the sun shining brightly through the bay window of his study. He puts away the journal once more when suddenly the door slams open and Amber Warren walks in, the Dragon Queen Mask pulled over her face. She stands in front of El Califa's desk, her hands on her hips as El Califa sighs, already knowing that his wishful thinking had been crushed.

Amber: And who the hell do you think you are Califa?

El Califa: The owner of this study, now what can he do for you Amber?

Amber stomps up quickly to Califa's desk, slamming her hands down onto the dark oak wood, leaning towards Califa who hasn't bothered to look up at her as he messes with locking up his writing. This only seems to infuriate Amber as he seems to be ignoring her.

Amber: How do you figure getting a match against the number one contender for the World Title?

El Califa: Well one could assume El Califa has received a match against him to see if he can defeat both members of the Tag Team Champions before his title match at All or Nothing. After all, you did lose to Triple X.

Amber let's out a yell as she tosses everything on Califa's desk to the ground before slamming her first into the desk. Califa looks up for a moment as he puts away the keys into his pocket, picking up his wallet off the ground as well

Amber: Meanwhile I'm stuck babysitting that idiot Hyada while you get to main event again. Trade me matches Califa, I want another shot at Triple X.

El Califa: El Califa is afraid he can't do that Amber.

Amber: Why not? I'm the superior of the two dragons! It's clear as day that I'm better. So if I couldn't beat Triple X, what makes you think you can?

El Califa: Because El Califa will not defeat himself like you did Amber Warren.

El Califa looks up suddenly as the rage intensifies in Amber. Califa snaps his arm out, grabbing hold of Amber's mask. Amber shrieks as she scratches and claws at Califa's hand, trying to get him off.

El Califa: You will listen to El Califa Amber, and you will listen to him good. El Califa needs this match against Triple X to prove to the world that he is one of the best. He has had the world champion pinned to the mat for the three count, and now he will defeat the number one contender. This is a door El Califa must kick open Amber. It's an opportunity for me, for the students in his gym, and it's an opportunity for your brother. Realize this Amber Warren! El Califa thinks only of others, even when the opportunity is his and his alone to grasp. And he intends to take those at the top by storm, whether you're alongside me or not!

El Califa finally let's go as Amber pulls away, adjusting her mask as she stares right through her partner, her one hand never leaving the back of her mask.

Amber: If you so much as dare touch my mask again Califa. I'll....

El Califa: You'll do what exactly? Nothing. El Califa is done with your petty games and your childish words Amber Warren. What you did to Haven was despicable and is not the honorable way. He has made it very clear since day one that he wanted this team on his terms, until you were ready to be his equal.

Amber: Your equal? Ha! I am above you Califa. As far as that masked fool Haven is concerned, that should be his lesson to never come near me again! Or I'll continue to kick his head off until what little brain cells are in there are destroyed.

El Califa: And it is that attitude that makes you beneath El Califa! To win a championship is one thing, but it is entirely another to defend it and carry it with honor and respect! You show neither of them Amber Warren, you are worse than Ricky Runn. You are no better than Triple X. El Califa agreed to be in the TLC match at All or Nothing because he feels this is the perfect way to prove that Los Magnificos Dragones are the best team in WZCW! But it's become clear Amber, that you don't believe us to be a team anymore.

El Califa turns and picks up his half of the WZCW Tag Team titles, throwing it down on the desk in front of Amber. He points down to it as he stares back at her.

El Califa: If this is what you want Amber Warren, then perhaps you can go and defend these titles on your own! El Califa will have no part in attacking just and honorable opponents like that. Take your tag team title, El Califa has no need for it anymore!

El Califa begins to walk away from his desk as Amber lowers her head, her hand brushing along the title belt. As El Califa reaches the door, suddenly Amber bursts into tears, dropping down to a crouched position as she begins crying loudly and cradling the Tag Team Title in her arms. El Califa turns around, conflicting thoughts running through his mind. She dug this hole, it was time for her to lay in it. But would it be right to leave her yet again when she's vulnerable. Califa grabs the back of his mask from both sides, clearly frustrated with the situation before walking over to her. He kneels down and wraps his arms around her as she buries her face into his chest, sobbing loudly.

Amber: I don't want to lose you Califa. I'm so sorry. I don't know what's got into me lately. I'm scared, I don't know what else to do if I were alone. Please, Califa.

Califa lowers his head, his hand brushing her hair as he holds her close, a sigh escaping him as he becomes vulnerable himself. How could he turn on someone that had been there for so long for him? It was not right and he had to fix the mistakes he made before.

El Califa: He will never leave you Amber Warren. He is sorry, for the things he has said in the heat of the moment. He is proud to be WZCW Tag Team Champions alongside you, and at All or Nothing we will prevail and keep our titles. He knows he has let you down in the past, but he will not leave you scared and alone anymore. This he promises you Amber.

Amber slowly pulls her head away from his chest, sliding the mask off as the tears continue to stream down her face. She simply nods her head and wraps her arms tightly around Califa's neck, her head resting on his shoulder, and the Tag Title belt along with the Dragon Queen Mask draped over his other shoulder. As El Califa holds her close, the look of sadness shifts suddenly on Amber's face, contorting into the sinister smirk that has become prevalent of the Dragon Queen. Her eyes narrow as she stares a hole through the back of El Califa's head. She speaks, though the tone fails to match the appearance, almost sobbing yet the devilish smile remains.

Amber: For...we are Los Magnificos Dragones......

El Califa: And they shall hear our everlasting roar!

The scene cuts to a shade of red and black as the camera transitions from El Califa's mask, his head hanging low, back to Amber's evil grin. It bounces back and forth until the screen suddenly cracks right between the two of them.

There is poison in the fang of the serpent, in the mouth of the fly and in the sting of a scorpion; but the wicked man is saturated with it.

The scene fades away.

After The Bell......

Leon Kensowrth is running backstage with cameraman in tow after a sweaty, exhausted, yet triumphant Triple X.

'Triple X! A moment of your time please.'

X stops and turns, clearly annoyed by his moment being interrupted.

'Triple X, a hellacious match against S.H.I.T. here tonight, do you have anything else to say to those who doubt your ability to fulfil your potential?'

X's face initially contourts with anger, but slips into a lazy smile just as quickly.

'Leon...there is nothing else for me to say.'

Triple X then continues on walking, leaving Leon to contemplate the crypticnes of his words.

April 9th...

Potential. It lies in all of us. For diferent reasons aand purposes, sure, but it lies there in each and every person walking the earth. Many people fulfil theirs, while some spend their entire life with what is lovingly known as 'wasted potential'. Many in the wrestling word believed me to be the next in a long line of people to fall to such a fate.

Well, sorry to disappoint.

I remain still with my eyes closed, the meaning of the word and its connection with me looping over and over. i'm in Central Park in New York for a house show, but the show isnt the focus of my atention. two things are.

Number one on my list is WZCW World Heavyweight Champion Ricky Runn. the man who will be a footnote in the history of the career of Triple X.

And then there is number two. El Califa Dragon.

Dragon is an impressive, awe-inspiring competitor, and a worthy tag team champion. But he is no Triple X. He isnt worthy of being in the ring with me, and whats worse is he panders to the people. He lets them use him like a puppet, and it is only a matter of time until they drop him, hard.

Worse still, he is dragging Amber Warren with him. Warren is one of the most talented young stars we have, but Dragons attempt to mould her into another puppet for the people has left her on the brink of becoming a maniac; the monster to his Frankenstein.

El Califa is another one of those with potential, but unlike me, he will be another name on the wasted pile, while I will rise to the very top and become one of the legends of professional wrestling.

Im not just a man with potential anymore. I am the Champion-in-waiting.

.................................................................................​

(apologies for the length and quality of my RP, am currently without any kind of computer and ended up typing this on my xbox internet explorer app using a keyboard plugged in to my controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back