• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McIntyre Sig

Kayoh

Deciding if I want to join WZCW.
drew-mcintyre-sig.png

Well, I posted this before but apparently it was spam so it got deleted. Oops!

Anyways, I made this sig after being inspired by his kickass entrance music a few days ago. I used PS CS3. The background is a combination of heavy smudging and C4D. There isn't really a whole lot to say, it was mostly just working with filters and the blur and smudge tools to get it to look just right. Obviously I sharpened it at the end but I faded the background a little so it would bring the most attention to drew. The text on the right says "the chosen one" and to the left of that are the lyrics to his entrance theme song.

I'd love to get some opinions on this.

That is pretty freaking epic Kayoh. I must say, rather impressed. Hopefully we get to see some more work from you, as the more sigmakers we have, the better everyone's work gets.

Everything in the sig works. It is blended well and the font choice is excellent. Only complaint is that the font is a bit hard to read, maybe make it a bit brighter, but overall it doesn't take away from the effectiveness of the sig. Keep up the great work!

All the good things Theo said and more. I love that style of sig. My only suggestion is either adding or darkening a border as I can't tell if it has one.

Could you perhaps write a tutorial detailing exactly how you made it? I could definitely learn from it.

Like I said, I didn't really use a set in stone technique when I made it.

To start out, I put the cut (which I got from PSD-Dreams...right before it went down. Lucky me, I guess) on a dark brown background, duplicated it a few times and smudged it to shit. The first smudge layer is literally spread all the way across the length of the sig. The next layer I just smudged the edges so that the render itself would blend well. After that it's really mostly C4Ds and a ton of adjustment layers. I'm afraid a tut would be really short and boring, lol.

But yeah, thanks for the comments. Always good to know that people can appreciate my work. :)

Nothing wrong with short and boring Kayoh. A tutorial would seriously help out all the siggers here and help develop a new skill to their skillset. Hell I'd definitely be interested in trying the tutorial even though I'm currently not making sigs anymore until at least May. If you do or you don't I still hope to see your work around here and see some more top shelf sigs coming from you.

I really like your Sig work there Kayoh, especially the whole firework kind of thing you got going on behind the Drew image.
I have two questions all thou, in the upper left part of the fireworks near the right side of the Drew McIntyre name, is that a face?
And the second question, is it just me or is the small text on the right a little hard to read, nothing critical just think the first word (The, to be specific) is a little harder to read than the rest.

Other than that, I must again say it's an incredible nice Sig, and looking forward to seeing more from you :)

I really like your Sig work there Kayoh, especially the whole firework kind of thing you got going on behind the Drew image.
I have two questions all thou, in the upper left part of the fireworks near the right side of the Drew McIntyre name, is that a face?
And the second question, is it just me or is the small text on the right a little hard to read, nothing critical just think the first word (The, to be specific) is a little harder to read than the rest.

Other than that, I must again say it's an incredible nice Sig, and looking forward to seeing more from you :)
There is no face in the background. It's a lot of C4D and a little glitter brushing.

And as for the second question, yeah, I do agree with you, but the text on the right isn't really supposed to be a focal point, it's mostly there for balance.

There is no face in the background. It's a lot of C4D and a little glitter brushing.

Could've sworn I saw something resembling a nose alongside some closed eyes in a kind of scream, oh well, might just be me, hell I once managed to see Europe in a cloud :rolleyes:

And as for the second question, yeah, I do agree with you, but the text on the right isn't really supposed to be a focal point, it's mostly there for balance.

I didn't figure it was supposed to be a focus point, and I must admit it never was to me, cause I noticed it as the very, and I mean very last thing in the whole Sig.
But I figured in case someone actually wanted to read it, someone with a slightly damaged sight might have problems reading it, again, no critical thing, just thoughts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back