FSWWE - Advanced Showcase

FSWWE

Championship Contender
Welcome to my new DA&G Thread and first I think I have to tell you the reason for that new showcase.

First because I think that the DA&G Section is dying and the sigmakers need new ideas and something to give them excitement to be back on photo edition and sig creations;

Second because I've improved a lot since my old showcase and I want that to show only work with high quality;

And the last reason is because I want that you guys give me the best feedback and have some new inspiration as well -It is time to make this Section relevant again.

Let me introduce to you my Old School Showcase - next 5 sigs about the old school wrestlers.

Bret "The Hitman" Hart​
BretHart.jpg

Easily one of my favorites, I used a lot of adjustments here, as well as smudging and brushing (I even created my own brushes).
The background in my opinion fits very well and it's attractive to the viewer.
The render is glowing and I did a lot of work, I really love it.

Andre The Giant
AndreTheGiant.jpg

I made a lot of things, I worked the main render a lot to have the BG effect, so the only thing I used was the Main Render and a C4D, the rest is filters, blending, adjustments and smudging.
I chose the red, but I also made a blue effect that I'm really proud of, but the red looks better and darker in my opinion.

Lou Thesz​
LouThesz.jpg

I know not the best signature ever, not even that attractive but nobody in the world is going to have a signature like mine, just because the main render is black and white in the original and I painted it, so there you have the main reason for the signature look a little bit pixelated.
A signature from Lou Thesz is pretty rare, so I am damn proud of this one.

Wikipedia photo + colorizing, after that I created a new blank page added the main picture, edited to fit the size and made a lot of smudging around and some cool new brush to give the effect in the bottom.
The text is simple but it fits in my opinion.

I urge the WZ Universe to please give me some feedback, give me some new ideas and request from me if you like my work.
I want some Old School marks here, saying what you feel.

Hey guys, here you have the 2 sigs left in my Old School Promise.

Eddie Guerrero​
EddieGuerrero.jpg

Eddie Guerrero isn't an Old School wrestler, right? Wrong. He wasn't from the time of Hogan and Savage, but he is an ICON, like these ones, so he deserves a spot in my showcase.
I had a lot of fun doing that signature, I've made him like from heaven sending us a message.
It was sad realizing about his death, but I tried to make it less painful with that message.
The color scheme is related to the sky obviously and I especially like that effect on the left side of Eddie.

Ted DiBiase Sr.​
TedDiBiaseSr.jpg

One of the best heels ever, a great legend and part of the Old School WWF and WCW.
This signature is completely different from what I've been doing, I never really used that much of yellow in a signature, but he makes me remember about gold and stuff.
This is full of Vector Brushes and Vector Shapes. I specially like the little box where I've written his name.
It's not nowhere near my best signature, but like I've said it was a new thing in my reportorial.

Next 5 signatures will probably be about the recent superstars, like Jinder Mahal, Sin Cara, Brodus Clay, Kharma and Johnny Curtis perhaps.

I urge the WZ Universe to please give me some feedback, give me some new ideas and request from me if you like my work.

Reactions: TLC
Like I've said I'm here and I bring some 3 new signatures from recent WWE Superstars.

Jinder Mahal
JinderMahal.jpg

This is a different thing from my other works, it is with more free space in them but that doesn't take away the all effect of the sig.
I chose a blue to black color scheme, probably white would fit better with Mahal, but in my opinion it looks nice the way it is.

How I did it:
  • I filled the page with a black background.
  • I've added the main render and I smudged some copies to give a nice effect around it;
  • I've used some different pictures and I erased in some parts and reduced the opacity and I've blended it.
  • I used some brushes to give the background effect, an abstract brush and some vector and fractal ones.
  • I've made some adjustment layers, like gradients and then I added the rectangle and the text.
  • Sharpened and reduced the opacity
  • And in the end I've added the stroke.

Now for the 2# signature let me introduce to you...

Alex Riley
AlexRiley.jpg

He has been having a push in the recent month and people looked at him as big star coming, so I tried to made some cool thing with him, since he doesn't really have a character for me to connect with.

How I did it:
  • New file, filled with black.
  • Added a WWE Crowd stock and used Gaussian Blur around 5.
  • Added the main render, copied and started to smudge it and blending it
  • Then I've looked for a cool brush to give some good effect for Riley and I've found three good ones and I played with it, specially using the color scheme of his skin tone.
  • Added a square pattern, reduced the opacity
  • Added the adjustment layers, like Brightness, Vibrance and gradients
  • Added the text, sharpened the image and make the stroke.

Now for the 3# sig we have the International Sensation

Sin Cara
SinCaraGlow.jpg

Currently suspended, but looked as a bright young man that can replace Rey Mysterio status in the WWE. He is Triple H first hired wrestler since he started to have a backstage real-life role.

How I made It:
  • New file, filled with black (again)
  • Added a Mexican Pyramid stock, I've created a mask and started to brush on the sides to give it a effect as a torn paper.
  • Added the Sin Cara render, and I've made the same thing, smudging, but this time I've used a brush that I created, a kind of rectangle with triangles in the sides,
  • Blended it to look nice.
  • I've used some of my new brushes on the left side and in the bottom of Sin Cara and a older brush in the BG to give it a effect of spilled blue.
  • I've added the text that is the most simple thing you can have.
  • Then I've used a lot of adjustment layers to give this effect, I've worked with levels, curves, photo philters, vibrance, gradients all of them blended and the opacity reduced a lot.
  • Sharpened the image and added the stroke (that I've used a Gaussian blur in).

I would like to have some feedback on this ones, I don't have feedback in quite sometime and I would really appreciate guys...
I hope you like it.

The Jinder Mahal one ain't bad. Only issue I have is the dead space to the right hand side. I'd cut a bit of that out and it would be nearly perfect. Nice work on that one. 8/10

The Riley one is my favorite by far. Love the brushes and the background. Everything just flows. Text is alright, but I can't complain too much about it. 9/10

The Sin Cara one is hit or miss for me. I'm unsure about it. I don't like the beige brush strokes used, as it sort of distracts from Sin Cara. The rest of the background is solid and works well with the sig. 7/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back