• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McIntyre- Entrance of a Champion?

I don't know Schiz, there's just something about the accent that ruins it all for me, sure in the end of the day I don't mind it, but I sure as hell don't love it neither, it's the same with Sheamus, I don't like the twist accents of english, I didn't like Kofi's accent neither, but that was fake so glad he could get rid of it.

But there's just something about accents that makes me think a promo gets ruined, the only ones that's had somewhat of a proper accent that i could handle would have to be Tajiri and Carlito cause there's been somewhat of a humouristic part of them, Carlito's voice in specifics cause you don't expect that kind of voice coming out from a guy like Carlito, I swear the first time I heard it I thought it was editted!

This entrance is a good change for Drew, it's cool and reminds me of Nirvana a lil, it is a little long but I'm fine with that. At first I really hated him beating Morrison for the IC belt but now I'm starting to see what Vince sees in him. One thing he does need is a change in ring attire, right now he looks kind of bland, and he should probably hit the gym with Sheamus and Triple H.

I like it but his walk and his and his body movement is to much like randy orton.But if they want to make him a top heel,I guess he could start getting some tips from randy orton.But after all i like the Music it starts kind of weird and slow but as the music goes it starts getting better.

I really like his new entrance music / video -- it's class actually. In another thread, I mentioned that I thought John Morrison should be pushed ahead of Drew McIntyre and I stand by those words. However, that's not to say that Drew McIntyre doesn't have the potential to be a world champion....he already has the look, now the entrance. He's also one of the most physically dominant Intercontinental Champions for a long time.

WWE need to not build McIntyre as Smackdown's answer to Sheamus. Ok, they both have the whole Celtic thing going (Sheamus is Irish, Drew is Scottish), but they are both very different. Sheamus has developed as a bona-fide monster and completely physically dominant. McIntyre is more refined, more blue chip and he could very well turn out to be an Orton-esque heel (although he's a long way from that).

Again, great entrance though....and yes, that is the entrance of a champion for sure. His last entrance music/video was very generic; that of a mid-carder.

As much as I DESPISE him, he probably has the best intro in the WWE right now (Taker and Kane's entrance's are sooooo old). It reminds me of the entrance that the Rock briefly used as his WWE appearances winded down (see WM XIX if you don't know the one I mean). I love the song and entrance and wish it wasn't wasted on such a tool like McIntyre. Does anyone know the name of the song and who it is by? It really almost sounds like more-recent Metallica to me.

I think the slow intro to his theme is very interesting, but the theme would be much better suited for someone who can actually get a reaction out of the crowd.
It's a waste of a theme on someone nobody really cares for.

I'm still not sold on his new song. I think that a slower, more "intense" theme really makes him stand out, and the highlight reel intro he gets fits his character very well, but the song is just too slow and peaceful at the start.

I would like to compare his intro with Sheamus' original. When he first debuted, Sheamus had this slow gaelic-styled music open his theme until it busted into his current music. WWE chopped off that beginning part for one reason or another. I think it was done because the crowd won't go crazy for a quiet peaceful song, and that's the problem right now with Drew's theme. The slow intro I think is cool, but there is no "pop" or anything that transitions into a more serious part of the son. Drew just kind of saunters out at a random point in the song. Without clears markers for when the crowd should boo or cheer, the theme just won't draw heat. Jericho's theme has his opening line which tells the crowd "ok, boo me now". Cryme Tyme has their intro in their theme which says "ok start cheering now and then we'll run out when the music starts". Edge has the same thing. Drew doesn't.

Whenever I hear his theme right now, I don't get that feeling of "oh I hate this guy I need to boo him", which might be a problem with his booking or his workrate or who knows, but the music doesn't help. Originally, I despised the song, but that's because I never payed attention to it long enough to hear the main gist of it, which I think is fine once the music makes it to that point. Ultimately, I like where the WWE was heading with this theme, but I think they either need to shorter the intro sequence, or start from further into the song once the slo intro sequence has ended so the crowd knows exactly when to start booing.

I absolutely love it. When the theme made its debut I also thought it was just a short video promo but then when it went into his entrance I was gripped. I sat there thinking WOW this is it, this is the beginning of the rise to the very top. The whole entrance looks and sounds like something that would be associated with a legendary wrestler. I think it will look and sound even better when he enters the ring at Wrestlemania to this entrance as it is a Wrestlemania worthy entrance.

I just hope he makes his entrance at Wrestlemania before everyone else because the first 20 seconds of his theme sorta kill my mood for some reason. And if he comes out first, then Christian, Ziggler, and all those themes that get you hyped up all the way through can restore my buzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back