Matt Morgan shoots on Spike TV

Spike has invested what is said to be millions into TNA. When Hogan signed with TNA, Spike were the ones who got the press conference in Madison Square Garden, when TNA wanted to sign Angle, Spike contributed money so that they could, when TNA wanted to boost their production, Spike gave them the necessary finances to boost their production.

Spike owes nothing to TNA. They gave them chances, they gave them money, they gave them three contracts over the span of eight years and have received nothing out of it. They've apparently never seen a dime back, they pushed TNA to do better, gave them mainstream names (that was a bad decision in the long haul sans Angle, Sting and Christian) and the thing Spike cared about, never moved. Now in 2014, TNA is on the same average rating it was on in 2008. It rarely fluctuates. Their attendance in America for a company on national TV weekly is horrible, and as an ROH fan who are out drawing TNA this year in the States even I'll say that TNA not being able to out draw ROH is embarrassing. More people paid for tickets to see foreign talent who can only be seen in the States on iPPV in NYC then they did to see TNA's second biggest (if that is what Slammiversary is) show of the year.

Spike TV can't be made out to be the bad person in this relationship. A human comparison would be if a rich man (Spike TV) married a working class girl (TNA), gave the girl everything she needed to achieve success, gave her money, gave her status, gave her mainstream appeal, only for the girl to make mistake after mistake, throw the money he gave her down the drain so that when he asks for a divorce when hes gained nothing back from the relationship, that he's somehow wrong. This ain't olden times, things like that don't fly no more, unless you're in Amish country.

TNA does have faults. They have a very dumb staff and their president is too damn nice a woman to run a wrestling company. That kind of stuff no one can deny. But at the same time you gotta wonder on just what were Spike TV putting money besides contracts for Sting, Angle and Hogan. Because it sure as hell wasn't to get TNA on the road. Matter of fact, it blows my mind that it took them 8 years to ditch the Impact Zone.

Why did TNA and Spike not catch lightning in the hand and hit the road in 2007 when Angle turned the company over it's head? Or in 2008 when the MEM came in? Or in 2010 when Hogan was rising? Because they were too busy thinking about the potential gain of another Monday Night War. Think about it. 2010 was the only year Spike ever yielded a second time slot to TNA. But yet they still could not get on the road.

I'm not truly aware as to how the deal with Spike goes, but to my suspect Spike simply did not want to move equipment for TNA's sake. TNA was doing enough for Spike TV so no money was ever injected to take Impact on the road. Where real revenue would come from. And like it's already said, TNA was chored with commercializing Deadliest Warrior, Bellator and other shit but did you hear about Impact during any of those shows? Rarely. A small bumper and that was it for the alleged flagship show. Regardless of how you spin it, it's careless business on Spike's fault.

But you know what pisses me off the most? Impact is homeless, WWE got lowballed, ROH is an hour barely goes nowhere with it but fucking American Ninja Warrior is on every Goddamn night. What in the fuck?!

Just let TNA die with dignity. Its corpse got defiled badly enough when it still aired.

I irrationally blame NBC for the failures of Community.

If any of you want to join me in my delusions I will be happy to support this argument.

Long live Matt Morgan's media savy!

I posted a long time ago about how little Viacom had done to promote TNA. When Viacom had Raw you woud see the WWE stars on the MTV-shows all the time. Did Tough Enough even air on MTV? I think so.

They never promoted TNA like that. They did pay for some of the contracts (I heard it was Sting's contract, could be Angle's as well)

Which is understandable. Viacom had Raw when it was the hottest commodity and they cashed-out for it.

But TNA had a 1 million to 1,4 million audience every week without any promotion, basically just a good time slot on a decent station and thanks to the wrestling fans who want something else than WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back