• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Hardy Publicly Inviting WWE, ROH Teams to "Apocalypto" Match

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
As noted, TNA’s final Impact Wrestling tapings of the year will take place entirely at Matt Hardy’s compound in North Carolina and will feature a tag team “Apocalypto” match featuring tag teams outside of TNA.

Broken Hardy has invited The New Day and The Young Bucks to participate in the match on Twitter:

@MATTHARDYBRAND: INVITED. If MeekMahan allows The Day of New to appear at #TotalNonstopDELETION‘s #APOCALYPTO, I’ll make an appearance on MeekMahan’s Show. https://t.co/ouDAM6GT2A

@MATTHARDYBRAND: INVITED. If The Honorable Ring’s COO Kris Koff allows The Bucks of Youth to appear at #TND, I will appear at ROH in return. https://t.co/aFMadMB9I5

@MATTHARDYBRAND: I’ve booked 3 new tag teams for #APOCALYPTO tonight.

Let your favorite team know about #TotalNonstopDELETION so they’re not Dennis Stamped. https://t.co/4PEOIt1EQ6

@MattJackson13: We’d love to come say hello but please don’t call us Max or Jeremy. https://t.co/J8QQbtvgZr

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/764...rss&utm_campaign=matt-hardy-wwe-roh-tna-match

—

If Hardy can actually pull this off, this might be the most impressive way to cap off the year for TNA possible. It might even be the most impressive feat in TNA's history given the animosity between TNA and both ROH and WWE in the past.

I don't even like New Day or the Young Bucks, but I'm pulling for this just because it's so god damned certifiably crazy. Broken Brilliance, indeed!

I remember when VKM (the tag team not Vince for those who don't remember) did something similar and it was embarrassing. Hardy is trying to drum up interest in it. Of course New Day won't come. I'm not aware of what the Young Bucks situation is.

I'm not interested in this story either. It's not my taste. I get that people like it but a big problem is this is unsustainable and doesn't really help TNA. Matt Hardy offering to appear in exchange or coming is not a big deal.

I disagree. He's one of the hottest things in wrestling, and having him show up on another show would be pretty significant. From what I've read, there were "DELETE!" chants at a recent RAW, no?

As noted, TNA’s final Impact Wrestling tapings of the year will take place entirely at Matt Hardy’s compound in North Carolina and will feature a tag team “Apocalypto” match featuring tag teams outside of TNA.

Broken Hardy has invited The New Day and The Young Bucks to participate in the match on Twitter:

@MATTHARDYBRAND: INVITED. If MeekMahan allows The Day of New to appear at #TotalNonstopDELETION‘s #APOCALYPTO, I’ll make an appearance on MeekMahan’s Show. https://t.co/ouDAM6GT2A

@MATTHARDYBRAND: INVITED. If The Honorable Ring’s COO Kris Koff allows The Bucks of Youth to appear at #TND, I will appear at ROH in return. https://t.co/aFMadMB9I5

@MATTHARDYBRAND: I’ve booked 3 new tag teams for #APOCALYPTO tonight.

Let your favorite team know about #TotalNonstopDELETION so they’re not Dennis Stamped. https://t.co/4PEOIt1EQ6

@MattJackson13: We’d love to come say hello but please don’t call us Max or Jeremy. https://t.co/J8QQbtvgZr

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/764...rss&utm_campaign=matt-hardy-wwe-roh-tna-match

—

If Hardy can actually pull this off, this might be the most impressive way to cap off the year for TNA possible. It might even be the most impressive feat in TNA's history given the animosity between TNA and both ROH and WWE in the past.

I don't even like New Day or the Young Bucks, but I'm pulling for this just because it's so god damned certifiably crazy. Broken Brilliance, indeed!

I dislike new day replace d with another letter. Broken brilliance indeed I would definitely pull for Young Bucks( Generation Me) vs hardy boys anytime as the Hardys never faced Matt and Nick Massie this is a must match will indeed raise ratings cause their feud with Decay is over so I am hoping this would be the answer either TNA signs Young Bucks to a series of feud up matches cause these two teams can go for final deletion or final obsoletion!

I disagree. He's one of the hottest things in wrestling, and having him show up on another show would be pretty significant. From what I've read, there were "DELETE!" chants at a recent RAW, no?

I don't recall there being a big delete chant. I do fast forward a bit so I could have easily missed it.

Looking it up on their YouTube channel, the first final deletion has under 1 million views. I don't take much stock into that but it seems like if something becomes hugely popular, it would have more views. I would think moreso for TNA due to having low ratings meaning more people would have to look it up.

I really don't think this is as popular as you think. WWE's reach is massive and a lot of fans will probably not have any idea why Matt is acting so odd. Casual one's will definitely have no idea what is going on. My problem still remains that this is a gimmick stunt which won't help in the long run. TNA needs to think long-term now more than ever due to their condition.

It's a dumb business move.

If The New Day get injured participating in this thing, then WWE really gets fucked as that's their tag team champions (who are set to break the longest reigning record). Same could be said about ROH too but from what I've seen ROH seems more liberal with letting talent wrestle for other promotions compared to WWE.

Also, The New Day is leaps and bounds more popular than Matt Hardy. Hardy is asking to borrow them for a day and in return WWE can feature Broken Matt once? That sounds ridiculous. There is nothing to really be gained by his appearance compared to a guy like Bill Goldberg that'll be there next week. Not to mention New Day's strenuous schedule. Adding more burden seems unreasonable and it would only favor TNA, not WWE.

Now if this were The Hardys, I don't think it would be all that bad a deal. Still some name recognition there and it would put asses in seats. But just getting Broken Matt for one night sounds like babysitting duty. And there is nothing keeping WWE from changing his gimmick back to plain ol' Matt Hardy if he showed up, either. Nobody can really think the company would allow to have a guy run amock with a super interesting gimmick for the one night and him look good with it, do they? This is WWE we're talking about. They'd be promoting a funny character from another promotion, which is stupid for business.

I want to see the Warriors of the Road, the Boyz of Dudleyville, the Brothers Steiner, and the Heat from Harlem!! I also want to see makeshift teams like the Destruction Brothers, the Power Trip of Two Men. I also wouldn't mind the X of D-Generation, as well as the World's New Order.

I don't recall there being a big delete chant. I do fast forward a bit so I could have easily missed it.
There's actually been quite a few loud "Deletion" chants throughout the last few weeks on Raw.
During the Dudley's retirement speech.
When Rollins called Owens obsolete, in his sit down with Cole.
During a match between TJP and Nese
There was one when Jericho was being interviewed.

I would love to see New Day and the Young Bucks in this crazy tag team war Broken Matt has planned. The Hardy's and the Young Bucks seem like they are pretty close to were Matt can get them personally, and if you go by their twitter, the Young Bucks are in(if allowed).
New Day on the other hand will be much harder. There's been reports of wwe being interested in Matt, so I can see wwe possibly agreeing. I expect some crazy way out there finale, that would see everything DELETED! So wwe wouldn't have to worry about New Day losing.

So WWE asks fans if they would want to see ROH and TNA on the Network. A couple days later this "challenge" occurs. Coincidence or connection?

Are the HArdyz "going into business for themselves"?

I could see, and maybe WWE HQ could see, an occasional series of events at the Hardys compound as pretty good WWE Network content. Or, less likely, as episodes of ROH TV.

There's absolutely ZERO chance any contracted WWE teams or individuals make an appearance. It benefits WWE is no way, shape or form. Just check TNA's ratings... not that WWE is tearing up the world on USA.

There could most certainly be a few parody teams, which I'm fully expecting. Matt Hardy can continue to say people like the Days Of News have accepted his challenge, and he wouldn't breach any false advertisement clause or be hit with a lawsuit since their real names were never used or promoted.

And I do agree with several of the previous posts... the Hardy stuff is hardly (see what I did there) good and no where near great. It's actually kind of slapstickish and poorly put together. Give it a WWE sized production budget with fantastic lighting, cameras, and sound equipment and it could elevate itself to watchable.

I know that's a personal opinion, but...

There's absolutely ZERO chance any contracted WWE teams or individuals make an appearance. It benefits WWE is no way, shape or form. Just check TNA's ratings... not that WWE is tearing up the world on USA.

But WWE isn't just about ratings anymore. WWE Network is a big part of the company now. How much would it cost WWE to run 4 Omega Pro Wrestling shows from the Hardy compound a year, either on the WWE Network or as RAW/Smackdown segments? Not much--if TNA can afford it, so can Vince.

So a Matt HArdy handshake may be worth a New Day appearance fee. (Or not).

And I do agree with several of the previous posts... the Hardy stuff is hardly (see what I did there) good and no where near great. It's actually kind of slapstickish and poorly put together. Give it a WWE sized production budget with fantastic lighting, cameras, and sound equipment and it could elevate itself to watchable.

I agree with you, but there are people who like it. Those people are probably WWE Network subscribers.

WWE Network functions a little like HBO. Some people love Game of Thrones, some people love Girls, some people love boxing. The GoT fans can think Girls is crap, the Girls fans may never be caught dead watching boxing, the boxing fans may not care about either of the other two.

But they all pay to get HBO. Similarly, WWE Network has the core WWE audience, Wrestlemania and the other PPVs. They're also throwing the ROH types a bone with the Cruiserweight Classic. It's very imaginable that they sign up Omega Pro Wrestling to do whatever the heck Matt HArdy is doing.

I don't see The New Day or anyone from WWE going rogue on Vince and The Young Bucks are under contract with ROH but can work for certain other promotions so they could possibly show up. The Hardy's have faced the Young Bucks in ROH so it's not a match that hasn't happened before. I can't see people putting their contracts on the line to work a show for the mess that is TNA.

Personally I would love to see New Day accept the invitation and instead of them showing up send Wyatt and Harper. New Day has to be protected somewhat for the record to be broken, Wyatt and Harper on the other had would fit right in with another nutcase.

And I mean who cares, it's wrestling guys can't you have a little fun with it once in awhile. Shit you'd think they were trying to get across the North Korean border with the some of this WWE vs TNA shit. That competition was over a lon time ago, let them have some fun. If it goes well then Matt has a job at the WWE, if not well then he doesn't. Sometimes people are just too serious.

I'm getting tired of this storyline to be quite honest with you, I was really happy that they didn't do a over the top segment this week. As far as this apocalypso match is concern, this is just matt trying to get some buzz going for this thing by naming the 2 biggest team in wrestling today while in reality, you will probably get the entire tna tag division showing up to this plus maybe a couple of team from the indy's.

This is just a way to see how many people would want to watch a 2 hour version of final deletion.

Kudos to Matt Hardy, yet again he's got fans talking about this match with the tag-teams he's mentioned, but seriously The New Day aren't going to show up, why would the WWE have their tag-team champions show up in a match like this for another company?

The Young Bucks - Perhaps.
The Rock N Roll Express - Extremely unlikely but stranger things have happened, a cameo appearance by either or both wouldn't be ruled out.
Killer Elite Squad - A possibility?
L.A.X - Why not, I don't think either guy is 'exclusively' contracted to another company.
Bennett & Taven - I'm not sure what Taven's injury status is or what is contract status is with ROH.
The Headbangers - Nostalgia reasons and the fact they competed in a one off match in WWE not so long ago.

There could most certainly be a few parody teams, which I'm fully expecting. Matt Hardy can continue to say people like the Days Of News have accepted his challenge, and he wouldn't breach any false advertisement clause or be hit with a lawsuit since their real names were never used or promoted.

And you know this how? You don't know so quit speaking in absolutes. Personally I think New Day and Young Bucks are stir fried shit, so I could give a rat's arse either way.

And you know this how? You don't know so quit speaking in absolutes. Personally I think New Day and Young Bucks are stir fried shit, so I could give a rat's arse either way.

He knows it the same way you know Matt Taven will be in TNA by January.

Anyway, as far as this Total Nonstop Deletion, I'd say it's certainly an interesting way for TNA to go out. It's definitely getting some buzz around the internet. Assuming some other organization comes out of whatever is going to happen to TNA, they could at least try to use it.

Well, Joesgonnakillu... seriously, spacing dude. It's that's big, long bar at the bottom of your keyboard.

I know this, and quite a bit about this wrestling thing, because I have a really, REALLY good friend who just happens to be the head writer for Smackdown Live. Now, that doesn't mean Ryan Ward drops storyline nuggets or spoilers my way. First, he'd be fired if he was caught. Second, I don't want to know (unless I ask in advance). Third, shit changes so much, so fast, his info may be wrong by the time a show airs.

All that being said, we have spoken about this very topic because we're obviously fans of the industry. Much like myself, he thinks the Hardy stuff is complete crap, at least now. At first, it was unique. Now, it's way out of hand.

But, I can speak in an absolute and say that no WWE contracted tag team will make an appearance.

But, as another user pointed out, if a WWE contracted team does show up, it's because VKM now owns TNA.

And again, dude... space bar.

It's a refreshing angle but I don't think that any WWE team would accept the invitation unless and until TNA is WWE's property.

Young Bucks could accept this invitation but they would surely ask for good amount of money which I guess that TNA won't want to invest just for a one-off match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back