• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Hardy Kicked From Rehab

Sinister Shadows

Impact Guru
Former wrestling champ Matt Hardy was kicked out of court-ordered rehab today for failing a breathalyzer test ... this according to multiple sources.

Earlier this year, Hardy was ordered to go to rehab by the court after a string of run-ins with the law.

We're told the staff at the rehab got suspicious of Hardy's behavior on Friday and gave him a breathalyzer test on the spot ... which he failed. According to our sources, Hardy was adamant he wasn't drinking ... and said he only failed because he had "just used mouthwash."

The staff wasn't convinced and gave Hardy the old heave-ho from the facility.

Back in September, the Moore County DA said if Hardy didn't comply with the treatment, he would be put in jail on a million dollar bond. We're told Hardy still had about a month to go before he was through.

We reached out to Hardy ... so far no word back.

Eh, can't say that I'll be surprised if this is true.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/18/matt-hardy-kicked-out-rehab/#.TsdKvGNCoXk

Mouthwash? Really? REALLY? What utter nonsense. This fat fool is still treating people like imbeciles I see then. I can't wait for his next video.

He's a lost cause. Jeff on the other hand should be inspiring him because he seems to be on the right tracks.

\He's a lost cause. Jeff on the other hand should be inspiring him because he seems to be on the right tracks.

Keep in mind Jeff's been fighting drug issues the same way Matt Hardy is now since 2002 and people have been saying Jeff's a lost cause since as recently as Victory Road earlier this year.

"Right tracks" is pretty hard to determine when it comes to drug addicts.

In all fairness, if he did indeed use mouthwash prior to this on-the-spot test he WOULD in fact fail the breathalyzer test. When I was in middle school we had a cop come to our school and talk about drunk driving, and he noted this very thing. He took one of the kids from the class and had them use mouthwash, then do a breathalyzer test which the student indeed failed.

Now stepping back into reality I'm sure Matt Hardy had been drinking as he is obviously an alcoholic and they were suspicious of his activity to begin with which probably means he had been drinking while in rehab. I didn't think this guy could get much dumber but again he proves me wrong. I still support him in the sense of wanting him to clean up and get his shit together but this is just ******ed. If this guy wants to fester in a jail cell he's working his way there and fast.

Hardy is a fool. He is a moron with a low VERY low will power. The old Vice has a hell of a hold on him. He wasnt the best but entertaining for sure. The court system is fucked these days. With PSU and that guys bond being a (Just show up) and MISS Lohan getting lots of chances. But i know its where u at n who u know in the court system now. Its just a sad case that has been dark for a long time now. Hopefully the light at the end is coming soon for Matt.

If it was mouthwash Hardy should be let back in but if the reports are true that they where suspicious of his actions and indeed was drunk well I don't know what Hardy can do I always thought that matt whould always be the one not to get into that to help Jeff But now look Jeff has a job and Matt got kicked out of a WWE sponsored rehab which I also think is a spit in the face for wwe they go out of there way for matt to get help and he gets kicked out Matt you need to look at yourself and stop making excuses

Okay, I was in the Job Corps program for nearly two years, and one of the rules was that we couldn't have mouthwash on campus that had alcohol in it. It wasn't that bad of a hardship, it worked just as good and it made sense in that sort of environment. In a rehab environment I can almost guarantee you that they had the same rule, and for an even better reason. So at the very minimum Matt had a prohibited substance at the rehab center and deserves any repercussions that he gets.

It was pointless for the court to force him go, seriously. If he wasn't seeking help, what was the point of sending him?

If you can fail a breathalizer test after using mouthwash and its proven that is what happened to Matt Hardy, then he should be allowed back in.

However, if it turns out that he had actually been drinking then he deserves everything he gets. The guy obviously has issues and problems but seems completely oblivious to them and seems to have no desire to change his lifestyle and habits.

So sad to see one of my childhood heroes (i was a massive Hardyz fan) go down this path. I thought Jeff was the one with problems, but the more I have heard about Matt in the last couple of years he is just as bad.

And Matt Hardy finds another way to turn the IWC's eyes on him for doing something negative to his life.

The people at rehab giving breath tests aren't stupid, they can tell the difference between fresh mouthwash and being tipsy, Hardy's record doesn't exactly speak highly of his resolve to get clean. The staff was obviously monitoring him since they saw reason to test him, and do you honestly think trained professionals would time a breath test as he was coming out of the bathroom hoping he had just used mouthwash so they can lose government money by removing a patient?

In all fairness, if he did indeed use mouthwash prior to this on-the-spot test he WOULD in fact fail the breathalyzer test. When I was in middle school we had a cop come to our school and talk about drunk driving, and he noted this very thing. He took one of the kids from the class and had them use mouthwash, then do a breathalyzer test which the student indeed failed.

Could, not would. Not all mouthwashes use alcohol, just like not all cough syrups contain codeine. The story states that Hardy's behavior was what made workers suspicious, which wouldn't have happened if he'd just washed his mouth out. And as was previously noted in the thread, alcohol based mouthwash isn't allowed in rehab centres anyway.

Surely to God no one on here is naive enough to buy his story about the mouthwash, are they? The staff at the rehab facility, who have experience in dealing with people with various addictions, and in seeing people fall off the wagon, observed him acting suspiciously, as if he had been drinking. Coincidentally, he fails a breathalyzer test due to mouthwash? Come on now! Every time he has had an issue revolving around a substance abuse problem, he has denied it and has an excuse. When he was pulled over for drinking and driving, he denied it. When he hit a tree, he denied it again. When he fell over the stairs at his house, what did he do yet again? Denial. Either the man is a victim of conspiracies from the entire world, with absolutely everyone being out to get him, or he is the unluckiest SOB in the world, or he's a weak man with a substance abuse problem that needs help but isn't strong enough to get it on his own. My vote is for the latter.

My hope is that he goes to jail. Not because of any contempt I feel for the man, but because I truly feel he has a significant problem and that he will never solve it on his own. If he is weak, or stupid, or arrogant enough to drink during court ordered rehab, he certainly is not going to stop when the eyes are off him. The folks at Burger King won't be happy, but Hardy needs to be put behind bars for his own good. Hopefully he won't need to be joined by any family members either, although I guess only time will tell on that one.

Every time he has had an issue revolving around a substance abuse problem, he has denied it and has an excuse. When he was pulled over for drinking and driving, he denied it. When he hit a tree, he denied it again. When he fell over the stairs at his house, what did he do yet again? Denial. Either the man is a victim of conspiracies from the entire world, with absolutely everyone being out to get him, or he is the unluckiest SOB in the world, or he's a weak man with a substance abuse problem that needs help but isn't strong enough to get it on his own. My vote is for the latter.

You forgot his all time favorite saying, "don't believe everything you read... wait until all the facts come out"

Jeff gets arrested with a shit load of drugs in his house; "don't believe everything you read... wait until all the facts come out"

Shane crashes his motorcycle and almost kills himself and his girlfriend and is then arrested for driving under the influence; "don't believe everything you read... wait until all the facts come out"

Jeff is acting strange backstage at TNA, like he is on drugs; "don't believe everything you read... wait until all the facts come out"

Jeff shows up high out of his mind and attempts to partake in a main event PPV match; "don't believe everything you read... wait until all the facts come out"

In Matt Hardy's world his family and friends are ALL victims of the conspiracy, because that makes much more sense than a group of young(ish) guys who came into a lot of money and have issues with addiction that feed off of one another. I think that the facts have come out Matt, and that's why I am tending to believe what I read.

And as for the rehab facility getting "government money" in an earlier post, I am pretty sure that the rehab was being paid for by WWE and their rehab program for former "not employees", which means that it was probably a higher end facility that's even harder to be kicked out of than a government funded one.

Mouthwash? Really? REALLY? What utter nonsense. This fat fool is still treating people like imbeciles I see then. I can't wait for his next video.

He's a lost cause. Jeff on the other hand should be inspiring him because he seems to be on the right tracks.

Jeff does seem to be on the right track and im guessing the only reason is because jeff has a Kid now and maybe he realized that it's time to grow the F up. Matt on the other hand.... gotta say Lita thank god you got away from that

Jeff does seem to be on the right track and im guessing the only reason is because jeff has a Kid now and maybe he realized that it's time to grow the F up. Matt on the other hand.... gotta say Lita thank god you got away from that

Maybe so, but maybe if Lita wasn't a lying cheating skank, none of this would have ever happened. or...maybe it would have and nothing would be different and she would be gone by now anyway.

Maybe so, but maybe if Lita wasn't a lying cheating skank, none of this would have ever happened. or...maybe it would have and nothing would be different and she would be gone by now anyway.

Isn't it possible, nay plausible that Lita cheating on him helped set him down this road and his problems and insecurities sparked from that? I don't know for sure but people have reacted worse in the long run from events like those, heck if you factor in his mother dying, Having to drop out of school with a promising future due to his dad being ill they could all have gradually affected him.

I am not defending his actions but we can never truly understand the inner machinations of his mind so maybe we should factor in that wrestlers are only human.

I am not surprised this has happened at all!! Geez i think hardy needs to be locked away in prison for a stint to finally wake up nothing else seems to work. Mouthwash really that what he claims. You can sneek vodka in there without it giving alarms in a rehab place!! My question is who snuck a little something in there for him?? I highly doubt rehab would do that maybe his brother jeff!!! One junkie helping another!! What a waste Matt hardy is! Its a damn shame!!

Everyone should keep in mind that these guys are always going to be in a mode of recovery. To what degree each achieves recovery is yet to be determined, but suffice it to say, Jeff seems to be far ahead of his brother. Matt clearly hasn't hit rock bottom yet, and let's hope for his sake this doesn't end in tragedy.

The best thing Matt Hardy can do now is overdose and die, then he'll become an hero and martyr to all the ******ed marks who claim to be "smart marks" (biggest oxymoron ever...)
Whenever a wrestler (or anyone else famous for that matter) dies suddenly all the maggots crawl out of the woodwork claiming to be huge, lifelong fans who "drew inspiration from..." and all that other shit off these dead "stars"
If Matt Hardy wants people to think of him the same way he thinks of himself, death is the only answer!

I almost feel bad for Matt Hardy here. Genetics often play a role in addiction and the like, and with two brothers who are both addicts, it's hard to argue that genetics don't play some factor here without knowing his full family workup. He's also dealt with plenty of injuries over his career, which could account for the dependency on prescription painkillers that were found when his home was raided.

That's the beginning of the end of my being willing to extend any grace towards Matt Hardy, however. He had a judge show him mercy time after time, and it was only after his third arrest that he set the 1 million dollar bond contingent to Hardy going to rehab and successfully completing it. Not only does he not complete it, he gets kicked out when he fails a breathalyzer! Of course, this wasn't his fault, as he was only using mouthwash!

I just can't feel sympathy for the man. Addict, alcoholic, whatever fits when you describe Matt Hardy, he's obviously yet to realize he has a problem. Those who stick by him during these times(which he did for them) and minimize the situation the way he did for them are only further enabling his behavior. It keeps him from having to take responsibility or have accountability amongst those closest to him, which is where an addict needs accountability the most.

So jail is the best place for him. Sadly, he'll have to deal with whatever withdrawal symptoms he may experience/still be experiencing without the comfort of a cushy facility, but it's only been because of his fame that he was even granted the chance. For the life of me, I don't understand why he didn't just do his time in rehab, then do what he wants again in a more cautious manner upon release. Am I suggesting that's a good idea? No. But if he's that hellbent on destroying his life this way, at least wait until you're in the free and clear, to some extent.

And for those who suggested Lita may have been the catalyst for this, don't be idiotic. What she did to him was egregious, but she didn't make the choices to abuse prescription drugs, extacy and alcohol for him. He made the choice. Now he needs to live with it, and Lita shouldn't have to feel the least bit guilty over anything regarding Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back