Match 6: Doom vs. Cryme Tyme

Doom vs. Cryme Tyme

• Doom

• Cryme Tyme

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's true. They come from such different eras. There's one decent team on Raw right now for them to face. Doom had tag tournaments to compete in. I still have to go with them though.

Oh, Jake...

Come on man, I expect better from you.

You're giving the nod to Cryme Tyme because they haven't had a great team to feud with? I can't understand that. Cryme Tyme is better because they had less to work with...really?

Doom was dominant. Short lived, perhaps, but Doom's entire career as a tag team lasted a bit longer than Cryme Tyme's has so far. Let's review the two- shall we?

Doom dominated WCW for a short time, and even held the World Tag Team Championships at a VERY pivotal time in WCW's history, as it was just beginning to come into its own. They earned a clean win over the Steiner Brothers - no easy feat at that time - and people genuinely feared these men. Also, to say that they were only important because they were black is WAY off base. Doom wasn't a two-man African American stereotype - they were huge, punishing athletes who existed solely to win and to beat down competitors. And they did that VERY well.

Cryme Tyme, as entertaining as they may be, are CERTAINLY a classic case of a two-man stereotype. Could this angle be any more blatant, or any more insulting to African Americans? Sure, it's entertaining (and lord knows I LOVE the team) but it's entertaining because of the stereotype. This is "cheap heat." Unlike Doom, Cryme Tyme also nearly blew their chance at success due to their antics at that house show, though I never agreed with that release. They have not held the tag team titles (right?) and have been unable to break through against teams like Cade and Murdoch in big-money matches.

Doom > Cryme Tyme, and it's not close.

Doom over Cryme Time 22-3 in a highly debated matchup towards the end.

My Thoughts:
Easy choice for me. A team that dominated a tag team division when the belts were relevant vs. a team that is better known as a comedy act the closest they've been to one of the two tag titles is by stealing them.

Doom is pure power, they may have been shit in the ring in terms of finesse, but they had credible victories over credible opponents. Cryme Tyme is funny, and I don't mind them, but not winning a Tag Title in the happy go lucky hot potato world of post Attitude Era wrestling is a bad statement on the quality of that team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back