WWE Round 2 Match 1: The Brainbusters vs. Rob Van Dam and Sabu

The Brain Busters vs. RVD and Sabu

• The Brainbusters

• RVD and Sabu

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
All of these matches take place inside of a WWE Ring with WWE Rules.

The Match will be open for a week.

The Brain Busters are the team of Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard from 1986-1989.

RVD and Sabu are from their ECW days, 1997-1998.

This match goes to the Busters for me for one reason: Sabu. This match is in WWE where the Busters were tag team champions. Sabu I don't ever recall working in WWE. RVD was a world champion, but I think Anderson can stop him, leaving it as Tully vs. Sabu, which is a total mismatch.

Brainbusters. Definitely. Now this is where someone comes to contradict me, hence why I haven't offered an argument. Yet.

Arn and Tully, no question. They have the technical prowess to ground the spot monkeys, and Arn and Tully were fairly quick in their own right. This is a walk for the WWF incarnation of the original Horsemen.

I'm now solid in my belief then that this would be a solid win for The BB. It wouldn't be a waltz but if RVD and Sabu did do something to bring themselves within a reasonable chance of victory against these two in a WWE ring, it would almost certainly grant them a DQ.

Who would I rather watch? Sabu & RVD. Who would I rather hear a promo buy? Not if I have the option. The Brainbusters would have been more boring than they already were without Heenean. But I'd be lying if I said they weren't the better team.

And with a vote of 14-4, the Brainbusters move on.

My thoughts: I agree with the outcome of this match.

As Jake alluded to, the team of RVD and Sabu may have been more fun to watch, but they were all sizzle and very little substance. RVD accomplished more then Arn or Tully as singles wrestlers, hell, you might make the argument that Sabu did more, depending on how you weigh the value of the ECW championship, but this is tag wrestling.

not to say that RVD and Sabu wouldn't have utilized the chairs in some way, shape or form, but the lack of being able to use them repeatedly works against them. Tully and Arn only need to ground one of the high flyers, and the match is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back