Mark Out Moments

They year of 2009 has produced two huge mark out moments for me!

The first mark out moment was at the Royal Rumble. Rob Van Dam's return! RVD is one of my favorite guys of all time, He is so different than almost anything you're going to see in wrestling, especially in the WWE. I hate that he isn't in the WWE anymore, because since I started watching wrestling again this year, he wasn't around anymore. Seeing him in the Royal Rumble though in Detroit was sick! I got my hopes up that he would be coming back full time, and I still have high hopes that he does in the future.

More than anything though, I marked out when CM cashed in MITB. CM Punk is my favorite wrestler. But when he won MITB this year, I wasn't too happy. I figured that WWE would make him be the first winner to lose his cash in match. Before the ladder match, I kind of thought that they would have him cash it in at Extreme Rules. Then, you see a pretty brutal match, and Jeff wins. Well, I didn't think it would happen after he won. But you see JR come to the ring for some weird reason, and that never happens. Then you hear, "This Fire Burns", and he comes to the ring! He hits the quick GTS, and you think its over! But no, Hardy kicked out. Right there... I thought it was over, especially when he did the roll up. But CM was able to connect again, and was the new champion. I marked out soo much when this happened, and I'm sad to see his title reign end early.

More recently, CM Punk cashing in at Extreme Rules. I was falling asleep after an average ladder match, not really caring that Jeff Hardy had "finally done it!!" (But I thought he "finally done it" and Armageddon....?) and I was about to turn off my tv and head up to bed.
And then Punk's music hit and I've never been more awake in my life. I was like "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" and my eyes were glued to the TV. I was freaked out a little bit when Hardy kicked out of the first GTS, thinking CM Punk would be the first to lose a MitB cash in match, which would've annoyed me so much considering the crap WWE had put CM Punk through. But Punk nailed the second GTS and I marked out as Punk got the 3 count. The possibilities of the coming weeks flowed through my mind... Would Punk be heel? What will Punk say in his promo explaining his actions? It was just awesome.

I agree this is put a smile on my face when i saw it. I've always been a Punk fan and when i learned he cashed it in on hardy nonetheless i was extremely happy. I didn't know if he would be heel or face, which is one of the reasons that got me interested in smackdown again. This also was the begainning of CM Punk becoming my favorite wrestler.

..man. CM Punk at Extreme Rules. Holy shit that was so amazing. I had chills and still do typing about it. I was so like. UGH. Hardy won. Fuck this PPV, and then Killswitch Engage hit and I MTFO. Everything about it was perfect. I kinda marked out when Masters returned to, just because WWE totally suprised everyone.

My favorite mark-out moments are every time Hulk Hogan makes an appearance for the WWE. I don’t care how bad him and his family has been made by the media or if people say he’s overrated, I still mark out for him. The fact that he is Hulk freaking Hogan should be enough explanation as to why I mark out to him. I get so happy when he comes out even though I know he’s not going to be wrestling. I don’t care if he’s going to toss someone out of the ring or cut a promo, I still mark out for him harder than anyone else I mark out for. I just can’t explain all of the emotions that run through my body because there are just so many of them. I’ll be happy but I can also be sad because I know he’s not going to be wrestling and I want him to wrestle, there’s just many emotions and I can’t think of all of them right now. But I’ll still remain happy that he still comes out and does appearances for the WWE. Like I said he’s Hulk freaking Hogan and that should be enough explanation as to why I mark out for him. I really do hope we get to see him again and I know it will probably happen, and guess what? I’ll mark out for the next appearance he makes and every appearance he makes after that because he’s Hulk freaking Hogan.

I couldn't agree more with SavageTaker - anytime Hulk Hogan makes an appearance, I have and will mark the fuck out.

There is no other wrestler in the history of the sport that commands a prescence like Hulk Hogan.

Every time that music hits... no matter what I'm sitting on... or how half asleep I may have been... I'm fucking bouncing off the walls.

One of my biggest mark out moment was when Chris Jericho returned in 2007. When that music hit it was like...words can't describe it. It was a moment that i wanted to savour for the rest of the year. We all knew it was happening, it was just so special when it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back