• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Madden on Samoa Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Joe is, he is incredibly lazy. Joe looks like the guy thats there just to collect a pay check and his reperesnting the company! It also sounds as Joe is a mark for himself and after his shoot on the company at Turning Point, he should be no where near the title; he should of been burried. He went to business for himself. Hell theres a locker room of guys who would have given their left nut to be where Joe was.

The biggest problem with Joe is, he has had every thing handed to him. undefeated runs when in ROH & TNA. Also Joe isn't a very good worker imo, his psychology is all over the place, he does 4 or 5 leg lariats a match. I hope that he drops the belt soon, as he has flopped as champion and bought nothing to the table.

The thing about Joe is, he is incredibly lazy.

How do you know that? I don't see how his ring work can be considered lazy, or how he can generally be called lazy. You can call him bad, but lazy is one thing I don't think he is.

Joe looks like the guy thats there just to collect a pay check and his reperesnting the company!

He does have that general look about him, yeah. You can see it in his eyes. His cold, lazy eyes.

It also sounds as Joe is a mark for himself

There are very few wrestlers that aren't marks for themselves. Joe's probably not anywhere near the top of that pile, even in TNA.

and after his shoot on the company at Turning Point, he should be no where near the title; he should of been burried.

Why? Except for being unnecessarily vague he made what I assume to be very accurate points. The older stars are handed belts on a silver platter and the young guys are handed shit. I'm not saying that's bad business or that there aren't exceptions but that is the general pattern in TNA, and a guy like Joe who was hot enough for his title push ages ago but had been pretty much robbed of it was probably the best guy to point that out. I doubt it's nice to be Alex Shelley or James Storm in comparison to Kurt Angle or Booker T.

He went to business for himself. Hell theres a locker room of guys who would have given their left nut to be where Joe was.

Oddly enough, Joe put over about 2/3 of that whole locker room when he "went to business for himself". Hell, he damn near salvaged Eric Young.

The biggest problem with Joe is, he has had every thing handed to him.

Not as much as many others.

undefeated runs when in ROH & TNA. Also Joe isn't a very good worker imo, his psychology is all over the place, he does 4 or 5 leg lariats a match.

Explain to me why his psychology is all over the place. I'm genuinely interested to know why.

I hope that he drops the belt soon, as he has flopped as champion and bought nothing to the table.

Blame Kevin Nash, although Joe should have always just have been a two, three month champion. Who knows, TNA might pull a surprise and actually have Joe not have the belt going into BFG. I doubt it though.

I really dont understand what they are doing with Joe, I think they think that if the let him be a destoyer he will turn heel and they dont want that but to be honest, pretty much every TNA fan wants Joe to stand up and just kicks Nashes ass and destory everyone, if TNA let him do that I think they could be into the money making with Joe. Instead they book him as champion who just whines all the time and the commentators are always saying ooo be careful Joe your temper will get the better of you! Well duh that what everyone wants! If Joe is booked like this any longer I think I would rather have Kurt back as the champ!

Okay, i have read mark maddens article a number of times, but not as many times as youd see a stinger splash take place in one match! I am shocked and in awe that some people have the nerve to compare pure skill and wrestling talent to someone such as the liking of sting who is a one dimension, 2 move doing, no good wash up schlub.
Joe is hands down one of the best professional wrestlers in the biz today. It honestly hurts my eyes as much as watching WOW(WomenOfWrestling)to read all of the people who have claimed that joe has lost it. If anything, wrestling itself has lost it. If someone such as samoa joe cant earn your respect from wrestling skills maybe you should turn on WWE and catch the latest umaga match. Maybe he's fighting a midget or something clever like that! ...errrrr thats right, hes done for because he was a lame, useless character that wwe created.
I will do no dis respect to AJ styles however, for he is the simply phenenominal. if you cant deal with joe now, at least put on a tna ppv from any year and watch that joe match because more than likely, itll be the best match on the card.
Mark madden in my opinion, made a wrong judgement call, but hey thats his opinion...i know he knows wrestling....not just any jobber could be a writer for wrestlzone, but maybe hes been to hard on joe, and a little to lienient with Umuga.
Peace

Samaoa Joe has man-boobs. Would you want your champion to have man-boobs? Him and JBL ned to invest in some training bras. They should make Joe wear a bra to the ring. That would be hilarious. He should dance too. Not good dancing, he should do the fat guy dance. there you go. That would finally make him entertaining. Or they could make him wear an extremely small coat to the ring and have him to the "fat guy in a little coat". He would then rip through the back of the coat every match. Or they could have him as a sex obsessed fat guy that brings overweight women to the ring with him. lol. He would talk about all the things he does to those fat women and the crowd would all vomit. lol. Thats the future for Samoa Joe. A fat guy wearing an extremely small coat with a training bra that brings obese women with him to the ring and rambles on and on about his sexual escapades with the Big Chick Bregade. Samoa Joe and the BCB!

Okay, i have read mark maddens article a number of times, but not as many times as youd see a stinger splash take place in one match! I am shocked and in awe that some people have the nerve to compare pure skill and wrestling talent to someone such as the liking of sting who is a one dimension, 2 move doing, no good wash up schlub.
Joe is hands down one of the best professional wrestlers in the biz today. It honestly hurts my eyes as much as watching WOW(WomenOfWrestling)to read all of the people who have claimed that joe has lost it. If anything, wrestling itself has lost it. If someone such as samoa joe cant earn your respect from wrestling skills maybe you should turn on WWE and catch the latest umaga match. Maybe he's fighting a midget or something clever like that! ...errrrr thats right, hes done for because he was a lame, useless character that wwe created.
I will do no dis respect to AJ styles however, for he is the simply phenenominal. if you cant deal with joe now, at least put on a tna ppv from any year and watch that joe match because more than likely, itll be the best match on the card.
Mark madden in my opinion, made a wrong judgement call, but hey thats his opinion...i know he knows wrestling....not just any jobber could be a writer for wrestlzone, but maybe hes been to hard on joe, and a little to lienient with Umuga.
Peace

And it's uneducated smarky fanboys like you that seriously make everyone with any sort of semblance of a wrestling IQ bash the living hell out of TNA, ROH, CHIKARA, or any other type of ball room, basketball gym, bingo hall spot monkey bullshit that you would call wrestling.

It's silly little smarks like you that honestly believe that Sloppy Joe is a bigger star in the business then Sting, when in reality, no one knows who the hell Sloppy Joe is, and you can ask most wrestling fans, and they know who Sting is. Sting was involved in the biggest feud in the business the last 20 years with Hulk Hogan, and nearly bankrupted the WWF. Sloppy Joe was slapping someones chest in Japan 6 years ago, or wowing the 24 guys in the crowd at a ROH show.

Sloppy Joe is garbage, and Madden was right on. It's the "True Wrestling" Fans such as yourself that only believe that Joe is worth his weight. Hell, Joe isn't even worth a quarter of his weight in the ring. The guy is a sloppy, stiff hack, but since he works stiff, and no sells he's kewl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back