• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Henry Leaving WWE in 2012

Peoples_Champ

Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
Well, I guess we can see why Sexual Chocolate is losing in quick squash matches. PW Torch indicates that Mark Henry has lost his push because he does not intend to re-sign and that he's perceived to be "soft" backstage (despite working through groin and knee injuries).

PWTorch is reporting that Mark Henry could be on his way out of WWE.

Mark Henry was injured towards the end of last year which led to Henry losing the World Heavyweight Title. Henry then had tests carried out to reveal a more serious injury. Since then, WWE have tried to work around Henry's injury relaxing their schedule. Vince Mcmahon however has been been described as "less than sympathetic" towards Henry's injury and he remained on the card.

Mark Henry's contract expires this year with WWE and that the physical pain and tension created with Vince and the injury could lead him NOT to renew his contract and explain the major losses in recent weeks.
http://www.wrestling-radio.com/news/23247/Report_Big_WWE_Superstar_Leaving_WWE/

Apparently he's also trying to get into acting, despite the limited roles that would be available to someone like him (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...henrys-problems-with-wwe-his-acting-ambitions).

I don't know about anyone else, but it would suck to see Mark Henry go after such a tremendous 2011.

Who is to really say what roles or opportunities would be limited or not to him in any other non wrestling career paths. If Batista can find a place in film, I see no reason why Mark Henry can't.

All that aside, it is way too early to say whether or not Mark Henry is truly leaving WWE in 2012. While it may or not be true that he is in a contract dispute, I believe there is plenty of opportunity for he and WWE to come together on a new deal...ideally one that may afford him some more down time since he is racking up the injuries.

Even if he does leave in ring competition, which he will at some point, his loyalty to WWE will probably guarantee him an agent position if he so desired.

Mark Henry should be a comedian, because every time he does anything I lose it. Listening to him scream at his opponents in the ring is hilarious.

If he's leaving soon, I'm glad he finally got his moment to shine last year. He gave it a lot and it felt very credible.

Mark Henry should be a comedian

It's funny you said that because last year on Smackdown he had me dying laughing when he gave the best delivery for a line when he said to Daniel Bryan, "You know what, got guts. :)
...It's a shame I'mma have to SPILL them guts all over the ring tonight..." :2up:

Simple but effective. lol

Reactions: IHW
Well, I don't think Mark Henry is soft by any means.

I remember reading an interview with him years ago (2006 I think), where he talked about being in so much pain, he would spend his days off lying on the floor until it was time to make his flight for the next town. You hear about wrestlers working through the pain all the time, but that has always stuck with me.

If Henry thinks it's time to hang it up than I don't blame him at all. There's no shame in putting some guys over on the way out either.

A legitimate acting career is probably a stretch, but he prolly has enough name recognition to be cast in minor roles for straight-to-dvd movies. If he can make a few bucks and stay home most of the time than so be it. Who wouldn't want that?

If he's leaving soon, I'm glad he finally got his moment to shine last year. He gave it a lot and it felt very credible.

It's funny you said that because last year on Smackdown he had me dying laughing when he gave the best delivery for a line when he said to Daniel Bryan, "You know what, got guts. :)
...It's a shame I'mma have to SPILL them guts all over the ring tonight..." :2up:

Simple but effective. lol

My favorite was not long ago when he and Show were feuding and Show was cutting a promo. Henry comes down to the ring and says "Ima get in that ring, but you gonna have to promise you aint gonna put your hands on me"

Yes, he had a good 2011, but the problem is the other 14 years of his WWE career have basically been the shits... With the exception of Big Show, he has also earned the most guaranteed of anyone who is not a major main eventer. His original deal was 10 years at a million a year for christ sake!

Every Mark Henry push has been more about getting value for that money rather than any real talent he has and the times he hasn't been used he was an expensive elephant in the room. I think that is perhaps more behind it than the "soft" stuff... A lot of guys with real value to the company don't get those kind of deals now cos Henry kinda ruined it for them...

I was really into Mark Henry, and I think it will be a shame if he goes. I was not happy when he had to drop the title as I thought he could have been a guy to run with it for a while. At least if he does go he finally had his run with the world title, and can put a few guys over on his way out.

Would be a damn shame..if you wanna talk troopers than its this man...multiple knee and quad injuries having shitty programs to work..i mean having to kiss a 9- year old and a tranny. And much like the rest of you..Last year was his all time high i mean I literally wanted him to remain champ til Mania i was nowhere near bored with reign. my personal fav moent recently from him was when he and the big show were backstage in Teddy Longs office and i guess show just had a match and Mark henry said " now you take your *panting hard* heavy breathing and drooling somewhere else!!" then BOOM show knocks him out lol what a great worker lol would def be a shame if he wasnt on the wrestlemania card and if he leaves..I think for all his hard work he shouldve been awarded the match sheamus vs him for the strap..Im not sold On d-Bryan as a main eventer he just seems forced but anyway Id much rather see henry in the world title match over D-bryan

Man that sucks. It took him a long time to get the recognition and the lime light that he deserved. He had a great 2011. Sad to see him go.

Such a sin because I was really enjoying his Hall of Pain gimmick but if he feels it's time to hang `em up that's his choice to make.

He got what he's been chasing his whole life. He's done a lot for the WWE and they've done a lot for him. If they want to phase him out like you do any character, so be it. I'm sure he understands.

Kinda funny that you guys are saying "just as he got good". He's ALWAYS been good. You can't pull off sexual chocolate without having good character skills. You can't get over in front of the WWE audience without having good ring psychology and being careful with every move. As a big man, everything he did made sense.

Yes, he had a good 2011, but the problem is the other 14 years of his WWE career have basically been the shits... With the exception of Big Show, he has also earned the most guaranteed of anyone who is not a major main eventer. His original deal was 10 years at a million a year for christ sake!

Every Mark Henry push has been more about getting value for that money rather than any real talent he has and the times he hasn't been used he was an expensive elephant in the room. I think that is perhaps more behind it than the "soft" stuff... A lot of guys with real value to the company don't get those kind of deals now cos Henry kinda ruined it for them...

You make it seem as though Henry had control over his character or his booking for those fourteen years. Fact is he has always been terribly misused, and they certainly could have gotten more out of him. I don't blame him if he leaves, he finally got tired of the s***

You make it seem as though Henry had control over his character or his booking for those fourteen years. Fact is he has always been terribly misused, and they certainly could have gotten more out of him. I don't blame him if he leaves, he finally got tired of the s***

There's some validity to this. Henry didn't have control over his character but, then again, very very few wrestlers ever do. A lot of big names in WWE have been stuck with either lousy gimmicks or lousy programs over the years: The Rock, John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H, Edge, Christian, Kane, Chris Jericho, etc. are all big stars who've gone through similar "misuse" at one point. However, one way of separating the stars from the rest of the pack is seeing whether or not they can make the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear. Look at how many lousy feuds Taker had during the 90s such as Kamala, Giant Gonzalez, Kama, King Kong Bundy and several others. Despite not having quality to work with, Taker was still able to keep fans interested in those feuds. That's star quality. Some have it and some don't.

The while "misused" thing is something that's very, very overly used these days. Every bitter wrestler that comes down the pike these days seems to go online and complain about how they weren't "used right" or some other excuse to explain why they were never the star that they feel they should have been. I won't say that there aren't some that have valid claims but I'd say the vast majority of them are just not nearly as good as they thought they were.

Since last summer, Mark Henry has been great in my view. Has he always been that way? Not by a long show. Maybe things could have been different for Henry but let's not let the past 8 months or so cloud the fact that Henry has been damn near unwatchable for much of his WWE career. I can't say whether or not Henry is "soft" because, honestly, who really knows all the goings on backstage? The dirtsheets certainly don't, despite whatever claims they might make. I do know that Henry is getting older. True, 40 is still pretty young in the grand scheme of things but Henry is also legitimately close to weighing 400 pounds. He's been that size for much of his adult life, so couple that with the wear & tear of the road & him getting older, then you might have a recipe for potential disaster. Maybe getting out while he's still got his health for the most part is the way to go.

At the end of the day, I don't think Mark Henry has a lot to complain about. He made a ton of money in WWE, probably wasn't worth it for the vast majority of his career, and he's had one of the most dominant World Championship runs in recent years.

Its time.

Face it, a year go we would have loved to see him go. Then he got what EVERY long term wrestler deserve; one last run. Mark's was just sweeter because not only was it his last, it was his first. He has now done everything he can in Professional wrestling and it is time for him to move on. Mark is a future Hall Of Famer. I respect him for doing every thing he has done in wrestling from Sexual Chocolate all the way to the Destructive Champion who put anyone and everyone in the Hall Of Pain!

Before he goes, a Funkasaurus / Henry feud would be all kinds of awesome.

If Mark Henry does decide to leave - why the hell doesn't TNA pick him up? This would seem like the ultimate no-brainer to me, and he could revolutionize TNA (TNA needs a credible monster heel IMO, this is it).

Btw, about him being a Hall of Famer - if Sparkplug Holly isn't a HOFer, then no way is Mark Henry.

I don't see many times he was misused to be honest. He came in as an Olympian/Worlds Strongest Man, then got a push as Sexual Chocolate. If you mean not pushed as a dominant monster then he rarely warranted that push over guys like Kane, Undertaker, Big Show et al.

WWE also wanted to release Henry a few times over those 10 years when it clearly wasn't working out, but as it was an ironclad deal he refused. Not many people get sent back to developmental for 18 months on a Million a year! He resigned on a lesser deal but then seemed to find his fire.

Is it Henry's fault?, not completely. But for large parts of his tenure he has come across as a paycheck player who got lucky. Is it sad he leaves now? Not really, cos it shows that he COULD and DID do it, and the rest will fade over time. But he has taken out more than he has put in...

I don't see a need to even try to re-sign Henry. He lacks mic skills and due to his size, and injuries, he's limited to what he can do. I've never been a big fan of his, even in the Sexual Chocolate days. As far as acting goes, I think Precious has the corner of that market.

the "retreat" of Mark henry is false,you'l never quit the WWE for good look Shawn michaels,he has an good place in the evolution of the HHH Taker feud.
same thing for the returns of Mick Foley and Kevin Nash,WWE is an part of his life and career.
The best exemples are Ric Flair and Hogan,they are in the business for most 35 years and they's knows all the world of wrestling.
Mark Henry must do have an "job" in WWE for an story feud or an managing of future wrestlers.

Before he goes, a Funkasaurus / Henry feud would be all kinds of awesome.

If Mark Henry does decide to leave - why the hell doesn't TNA pick him up? This would seem like the ultimate no-brainer to me, and he could revolutionize TNA (TNA needs a credible monster heel IMO, this is it).

Btw, about him being a Hall of Famer - if Sparkplug Holly isn't a HOFer, then no way is Mark Henry.

I just have this to say bout your last part of your statement, Spark Plug Holly was never a World Champion anywhere, the highest single title he won was the Hardcore Championship, Mark Henry is A World Champion, ECW Champion, and a European champion, and he had a longer tenure with the company than Bob Holly(1994-2008) Mark Henry(1996-2012) Mark is a future Hall of Famer and if he does go He is leaving at the proper time ON TOP.....

I just have this to say bout your last part of your statement, Spark Plug Holly was never a World Champion anywhere, the highest single title he won was the Hardcore Championship, Mark Henry is A World Champion, ECW Champion, and a European champion, and he had a longer tenure with the company than Bob Holly(1994-2008) Mark Henry(1996-2012) Mark is a future Hall of Famer and if he does go He is leaving at the proper time ON TOP.....

Please get your head out of your ass. A list of wrestlers who are NOT in the Hall of Fame yet. You tell me where Mark Henry fits on this list...

Macho Man
Bruno Sammartino
Jake Roberts
Lou Thesz
Demolition
Honky Tonk Man
Yokozuna
Rick Rude
Bob Backlund

Mark Henry is nowhere near that list. He had one significant title reign in his entire career (world heavyweight). The ECW and Euro titles are redundant considering how disappointing he has been for so many years.

Mark Henry should be a comedian, because every time he does anything I lose it. Listening to him scream at his opponents in the ring is hilarious.

SO TRUE! lol I remember back when he threw Big Show through the cage. I was in awe like "what a badass", but once he said that infamous line: "MY HEART DON't PUMP NO KOOL AID!", I bawled laughing. I didn't even know what it meant, but I was losing it

Mark Henry is getting older, and injuries have always been a problem with him. McMahon's lack of sympathy doesn't surprise me, because as we all know, Vince isn't the nicest guy around.

Mark Henry had an outstanding run as World Heavyweight Champion in 2011. He was a fantastic monster heel champion, and his reign was very enjoyable. Henry has received this same type of push in the past, but he couldn't reach his full potential. Henry couldn't get over as a top guy, and the constant heel/face turns didn't help anything. But in 2011 Henry FINALLY achieved the great success he searched for throughout his entire career. WWE did such a great job of building Henry as the dominant monster heel, and Henry did wonders with his character in 2011. He sounded legit fired up during his post match victory speech at Night Of Champions, and you could feel a connection with this character. After so many years of failed pushes and blown opportunists, Henry finally reached the level of a legit main eventer and world champion, and his great run in 2011 was something to remember.

But would WWE miss Mark Henry, if he decided to leave? Would his loss hurt the WWE? Henry had a great run last year, but as others have already said, that was only one high quality run. 90% of Henry's career isn't something to brag about. A very large hunk of Mark's WWE run was filled mediocrity, and he's had a handful of forgettable years in the WWF/WWE.

Henry's absence really wouldn't hurt the WWE in the future. Henry has shown everyone he has what it takes to be a main eventer, and he can play the monster heel role to perfection. Henry's recent success is something to admire and respect, but he isn't at the level of a John Cena or Randy Orton. He isn't one of those mega stars, who could make or break the roster, and the blue brand will be fine, if Henry chooses to leave this year. Henry finally achieved his goal of becoming "the man." He was a great world champion, but maybe it's time for him to ride off into the sunset. A man of his size will always suffer injuries, and this unfortunate trend isn't going to get better, as Henry grows older. This problem will become more frequent if anything. Mark could always wind up on the shelf at any time, and this will kill any chances of another strong main event push.

Always been a fav of mine since I was a kid. But we got young guys like Kofi and R-truth to keep me happy. I can manage. It would be hard to see him go.

Please get your head out of your ass. A list of wrestlers who are NOT in the Hall of Fame yet. You tell me where Mark Henry fits on this list...

Macho Man
Bruno Sammartino
Jake Roberts
Lou Thesz
Demolition
Honky Tonk Man
Yokozuna
Rick Rude
Bob Backlund

Mark Henry is nowhere near that list. He had one significant title reign in his entire career (world heavyweight). The ECW and Euro titles are redundant considering how disappointing he has been for so many years.

Sorry for being misunderstood but i was only comparing Mark Henry's chance to get in the Hall of fame and Bob "Hardcore Spark Plugg" Holly's chance to get in the Hall of Fame thus me saying he's a future hall of famer over Holly, my bad shouldve worded it difrrently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back